Started on: 07-19-2011 10:58 AM
Replies: 66
Last post by: Formula88 on 12-18-2011 01:19 PM
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

I find it disgusting that you go to such lengths to attempt to justify torture.

edit: and, just for my own satisfaction - are you a christian?

I am for waterboarding some of our captives, and I am not religious.
Does that satisfy you?
IP: Logged
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:
I am actually capable of answering questions:

Yes, I am "A-OK" with waterboarding.

It is not torture. Using fear to get compliance from a prisoner is not torture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...oarding#World_War_II

Chase J. Nielsen, one of the U.S. airmen who flew in the Doolittle raid following the attack on Pearl Harbor, was subjected to waterboarding by his Japanese captors. At their trial for war crimes following the war, he testified "Well, I was put on my back on the floor with my arms and legs stretched out, one guard holding each limb. The towel was wrapped around my face and put across my face and water poured on. They poured water on this towel until I was almost unconscious from strangulation, then they would let up until I'd get my breath, then they'd start over again... I felt more or less like I was drowning, just gasping between life and death." The United States hanged Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American prisoners of war.

McCain: Japanese Hanged For Waterboarding

I guess it's only a war crime when someone else does it to you, but not a war crime when you do it to someone else.

No wonder we have the reputation we do now...
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan

18612 posts
Member since Mar 2003

I asked for your definition of torture.

I'm not going to respond to your personal attacks.

I honestly hope to God that someday you get tortured, hopefully by waterboarding. Really, I seriously do.
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I honestly hope to God that someday you get tortured, hopefully by waterboarding. Really, I seriously do.

You have very perverse fantasies about me. Have you considered seeing a shrink for your own health?

partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Well hopefully someone doesn't have to scrape your brains off of some wall because someone should have been waterboarded.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

Well hopefully someone doesn't have to scrape your brains off of some wall because someone should have been waterboarded.

I'd rather die with honor than live like a terrorist... really...

We've become a terrorist nation, full of people who think like terrorists. No principles, no honor, none of the things that used to make us different, special, better than the rest. That spark, that thing, that sense of principle and honor, drifted away like cottonwood seeds in the wind...
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2011 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan

18612 posts
Member since Mar 2003

You have very perverse fantasies about me. Have you considered seeing a shrink for your own health?

That's pretty funny, coming from a psychopath...
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

I'd rather die with honor than live like a terrorist... really...

We've become a terrorist nation, full of people who think like terrorists. No principles, no honor, none of the things that used to make us different, special, better than the rest. That spark, that thing, that sense of principle and honor, drifted away like cottonwood seeds in the wind...

The folks who blow up children, fly planes in buildings full of innocent people, and so on have changed the rules for war.
Sad but true.
newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

The folks who blow up children, fly planes in buildings full of innocent people, and so on have changed the rules for war.
Sad but true.

Confusing, innocent people are often called "collateral damage" by some, does that make it OK for their fellow kin or countrymen to change the rules as well?

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 07-20-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Where did I say that Mr. Carnac?
And frankly your last statement is absurd. Why do you libs use the race card in your arguments, and it always seem to come as the parting shot.

Um, I was only asking a question.
And you turn and call me a name?

Relax, i'm not that importent.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I didn't read the entire thread (far from it) but I think there's a huge difference between torturing to get a confession, or torturing to retrieve information that might save hundreds/thousands/millions of people.

The movie "Unthinkable" comes to mind.
PFF
System Bot
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Confusing, innocent people are often called "collateral damage" by some, does that make it OK for their fellow kin or countrymen to change the rules as well?

I think there is a bit of difference when the innocent are the TARGETS.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

I think there is a bit of difference when the innocent are the TARGETS.

Might be a tough call if it was someone you loved though, hey?

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

That's pretty funny, coming from a psychopath...

I want terrorists responsible for thousands of American's deaths waterboarded to get information to save countless lives. You want some stranger on the internet that you disagree with "tortured, hopefully by waterboarding", for your own satisfaction and pleasure.

You call me the psychopath.

partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Might be a tough call if it was someone you loved though, hey?

Might be unbearable if I knew they were celebrating their death because the target was gotten.
The celebration of innocent being slaughtered is what you seem to be leaving out of the equation.

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 07-20-2011).]

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Might be unbearable if I knew they were celebrating their death because the target was gotten.
The celebration of innocent being slaughtered is what you seem to be leaving out of the equation.

Not really, if someone I loved or cared for was murdered I doubt the murderers celebration, crocodile tears, or even heartfelt "whoops sorry" would be much consolation.

Edit: Having said that I do get the distinction you are making, I just don't know if people care when it's one of their own who is the victim.

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I didn't read the entire thread (far from it) but I think there's a huge difference between torturing to get a confession, or torturing to retrieve information that might save hundreds/thousands/millions of people.

And you would be incorrect in that thought.

Universal rule is that a torture victim will say anything to make it stop. Anything. Truth, lies, (which is what a false confession is), admitting to whatever it takes, that's how it works.

The only people who still think torture is effective are, well, lets just say that extracting useful information isn't the primary goal for them...

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan

18612 posts
Member since Mar 2003

I want terrorists responsible for thousands of American's deaths waterboarded to get information to save countless lives. You want some stranger on the internet that you disagree with "tortured, hopefully by waterboarding", for your own satisfaction and pleasure.

You call me the psychopath.

You of course are lying. For folks like you, lying is effortless, the words oozing from your mouth as effortlessly as you breath. Nevertheless, you just simply can't grasp what being tortured is like if you've never experienced it, and you obviously have no clue as to what it's really like. My suggestion was that if you were to experience it, first hand in the real world instead of as a television fantasy, your understanding would be quite different. Then again, maybe not...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

The only people who still think torture is effective are, well, lets just say that extracting useful information isn't the primary goal for them...

I am afraid you may be right.

But then that brings up a whole 'nother set of questions i'm pretty sure I don't want the answers to.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

You of course are lying. For folks like you, lying is effortless, the words oozing from your mouth as effortlessly as you breath. Nevertheless, you just simply can't grasp what being tortured is like if you've never experienced it, and you obviously have no clue as to what it's really like. My suggestion was that if you were to experience it, first hand in the real world instead of as a television fantasy, your understanding would be quite different. Then again, maybe not...

Where in the statement that you quoted is the lie?

Also note that this is the 2nd time that you have expressed your desire that I get waterboarded. You have doubled down on your position of no waterboarding for terrorists but you do want a disagreeing stranger on the internet waterboarded.

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Where in the statement that you quoted is the lie?

Also note that this is the 2nd time that you have expressed your desire that I get waterboarded. You have doubled down on your position of no waterboarding for terrorists but you do want a disagreeing stranger on the internet waterboarded.

Another lie. I have said that I don't support waterboarding on anyone, >not< just terrorists (or more accurately, people who use terrorism as a method). Your lie attempts to make it seem like I support terrorism, and of course I don't, never have, and never will. As to you, well, it's obvious how clueless you are on the subject, which I attribute to a fundamental lack of reasoning skills and any human ability to experience empathy. I suspect that if you were subjected to real torture, including waterboarding, that the probability that your experience would destroy your misconceptions and outright fallacies would be very high indeed.

Remember, if you're ok with waterboarding someone you regard as an enemy, then you're ok with an enemy waterboarding one of our soldiers. You can't have one without the other, it's a symmetrical relationship.

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 07-26-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Remember, if you're ok with waterboarding someone you regard as an enemy, then you're ok with an enemy waterboarding one of our soldiers. You can't have one without the other, it's a symmetrical relationship.

Jazz, if I have learned anything here, it's that you are allowed to do or say anything with rightiousness, as long as you call yourself The Good Guys, and you proclaim your cause to be just in that same regard.
My question is this; Do those people really believe that, or are they just knowingly using that excuse to justify the means to their ends?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-26-2011).]

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Another lie. I have said that I don't support waterboarding on anyone, just just terrorists (or more accurately, people who use terrorism as a method). Your lie attempts to make it seem like I support terrorism, and of course I don't, never have, and never will. As to you, well, it's obvious how clueless you are on the subject, which I attribute to a fundamental lack of reasoning skills and any human ability to experience empathy. I suspect that if you were subjected to real torture, including waterboarding, that the probability that your experience would destroy your misconceptions and outright fallacies would be very high indeed.

How humorous.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/086753-2.html#p42

At least stick with the same message. If you want to retract what you said, then just say you were wrong and that you didn't mean it.

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2011 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Jazz, if I have learned anything here, it's that you are allowed to do or say anything with rightiousness, as long as you call yourself The Good Guys, and you proclaim your cause to be just in that same regard.
My question is this; Do those people really believe that, or are they just knowingly using that excuse to justify the means to their ends?

Given that torture produces inaccurate and often times useless results, people I've heard who were knowledgeable on the subject say that most motives for torture are actually just to inflict pain for the sake of motives such as revenge. The kind of interrogation that is more productive isn't generally mentioned here, namely building a relationship with the subject based on trust and mutual respect. Yes, it can, and often is, done exactly that way. Saddam's interrogator did it that way and was quite successful. Many others in the service of this nation have done it that way, quite successfully. The interrogations that fail generally are the ones that resort to physical violence, which is what waterboarding is. Proponents of that method (and other forms of torture) are either ignorant, or sadists, in my honest opinion, and deserve exactly the respect they earn from me as a result.

Besides, we signed a treaty promising we wouldn't torture people (fat lot of meaning our word had there) and we convicted at least one person for waterboarding as a war crime. Why was it a war crime then and not now? Maybe it's because to war criminals it doesn't seem like it's a crime?
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
WHAT SOFTY LIBERAL MORONs Torture works Ive have seen it work
..In lebanon the moslems captured our CIA chief of station in a few days all his informants were killed
when i was in the military ,i was required to send any prisoner deemed to know more than how to scratch his zit covered dainty buttocks back to Da nang,,not one bit of info came back,,I turn a NVA officer & VC fighter over to the Vietnamese Marine NCO,s ,the intel Damn burst info flowed like water ,reaL TIME EXCELLENT act now intel.
Viet Marine ambush patrols scored big kills,Village life became safer
If you think torture does not work just think you are in a chair & you see my fat gut & grinning 70 year old face with the squinting left eye come in the tent, & thier is a pair of very large pliers in my hands ,, I could not shut most of you squeeks up .
Part of the info on Ben laden came from intense interogation,
intel on terr leaders is not from one source,ben laden was stupid, thought the american liberals & pakistan intel networks would protect him ,,it took us many months to act on the intel we had,,Im surprised Ben laden waited around for us ,it took Obama many weeks to make a decision to kill his Moslem hero,but he finally did it,,
For your information the Paki intel rounded up the ben laden watchers who were watching the compound from the ground ,, torturing the first suspect , led to all the rest ..
..many of thier women were then raped,, the ragheads are big on brutal rape,often after gang bang rapes, the women are placed in a prison cell nude with a snake,, this is an Iran fav tactic by the Mullah religious police, adopted by paki intel..these women will now sell out thier mother,s

I would not talk if some pansy waterboarded me ,but show me the piers ..........
only a complete moron thinks torture does not work ,stop reading the new york times
..FORGOT!! THE JAPS DID MORE THAN WATERBOARD TO RATE HANGING,,!,000,000 JAPS SHOULD HAVE BEEN HUNG ,JUSTIFIED ,..if a certain General HAD BEEN ON THE BAATAN DEATH MARCH , hanging would have taken 5000 pounds of rope ..98% of Americans have no Idea what the japs did

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 07-26-2011).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here is an email I received on this subject.

I got shot down over N Vietnam in 1967, a Sqdn. Commander.
After I returned in 1973....I published 2 books that dealt a lot
With "real torture" in Hanoi . Our make-believe president is
Branding our country as a bunch of torturers when he has
No idea what torture is.

As for me, I was put thru a mock execution because I would not respond...
Pistol whipped on the head....same event.. Couple of days later...
Hung by my feet all day. I escaped and a couple of weeks later, I got
Shot and recaptured. Shot was OK...what happened afterwards was not.

They marched me to Vinh...put me in the rope trick, trick...almost
Pulled my arms out of the sockets. Beat me on the head with a
Little wooden rod until my eyes were swelled shut, and my unshot,
Unbroken hand a pulp.

Next day hung me by the arms....rebroke my right wrist...wiped
Out the nerves in my arms that control the hands....rolled my fingers
Up into a ball. Only left the slightest movement of my L forefinger.
So I started answering with some incredible lies.

Sent me to Hanoi strapped to a barrel of gas in the back of a truck.

Hanoi ..on my knees....rope trick again. Beaten by a big fool.

Into leg irons on a bed in Heartbreak Hotel.

Much kneeling--hands up at Zoo.

Really bad beating for refusing to condemn Lyndon Johnson.

Several more kneeling events. I could see my knee bone thru
Kneeling holes.

There was an escape from the annex to the Zoo. I was the Senior
Officer of a large building because of escape...they started a mass
Torture of all commanders.

I think it was July 7, 1969..they started beating me with a car fan belt.
In first 2 days I took over 300 strokes...then stopped counting
Because I never thought I would live thru it.

They continued day-night torture to get me to confess to a non-existent
Part in the escape. This went on for at least 3 days. On my knees...
Fan belting...cut open my scrotum with fan belt stroke. Opened up
Both knee holes again. My fanny looked like hamburger..I could not
Lie on my back.

They tortured me into admitting that I was in on the escape...and
That my 2 room-mates knew about it.

The next day I denied the lie.

They commenced torturing me again with 3- 6- or 9 strokes of
The fan belt every day from about July 11 or 12th..to 14 October
1969. I continued to refuse to lie about my roommates again.

Now, the point of this is that our make-believe
President has declared to the world that we (U.S..) are a bunch of
Torturers...Thus it will be OK to torture us next time when they
Catch us...because that is what the U.S Does.

Our make-believe president is a know nothing fool who thinks
That pouring a little water on some one's face, or hanging a pair of
women's pants over an Arabs head is TORTURE.. He is a meathead.

I just talked to MOH holder Leo Thorsness, who was also in my squadron,
In jail...as was John McCain...and we agree that McCain does
Not speak for the POW group when he claims that Al Gharib was
Torture...or that "water boarding" is torture.

Our president and those fools around him who keep bad mouthing
Our great country are a disgrace to the United States . Please pass
This info on to Sean Hannity. He is free to use it to point out the
Stupidity of the claims that water boarding...which has no after
Effect...is torture.
If it got the Arab to cough up the story about how he planned the attack on the twin towers in NYC ...
Hurrah for the guy who poured the water!!

" Bud " Day, Medal Of Honor Recipient

George Everett " Bud " Day(born February 24, 1925) is a retired
U.S. Air Force Colonel and Command Pilot who served during the
Vietnam War. He is often cited as being the most decorated U.S. .
Service member since General Douglas MacArthur, having
Received some seventy decorations, a majority for actions
In combat. Day is a recipient of the Medal of Honor.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock