Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Polar Bear Cubs Are Swiming Farther To Find Ice......And Dieing Sooner Becouse Of It. (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Polar Bear Cubs Are Swiming Farther To Find Ice......And Dieing Sooner Becouse Of It. by Boondawg
Started on: 07-18-2011 08:04 PM
Replies: 93
Last post by: fierobear on 08-13-2011 01:31 AM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I heard this morning, that if polar bear numbers increased at the same rate for next 10 years unimpeded exponentially, they would be the dominant species on the planet.
IP: Logged
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Story update

Another round of questions for polar bear researcher

What is the update? That it was published by the "liberal" media?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

What is the update? That it was published by the "liberal" media?

"A wildlife biologist is continuing to face questions about an influential paper he wrote on apparently drowned polar bears, with government investigators reportedly asking whether he improperly steered a research contract to another scientist as a reward for reviewing that paper."

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Grizzly population in Banff National Park pushed to dangerously low levels: Report BANFF, Alta. -- More grizzly bears are dying at the hands of humans and their modes of transportation, and that's pushing the grizzly population in Banff National Park to dangerously low levels, according to a new Parks Canada report.

BANFF, Alta. -- More grizzly bears are dying at the hands of humans and their modes of transportation, and that's pushing the grizzly population in Banff National Park to dangerously low levels, according to a new Parks Canada report.

The report, which for the first time consolidates all known bear deaths and bear-human encounters in Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Kootenay, Waterton, Mount Revelstoke and Glacier national parks between 1990 and 2007, shows the number of female grizzlies dying on roads and railways in the parks is below the threshold that would cause alarm.

However, the story is different in Banff.

"It's pretty clear we're losing more grizzlies over the last six years to human causes than the estimated population can sustain," said Kevin Van Tighem, the superintendent in Banff National Park.

"That is a significant concern, considering national parks are where we would normally expect to have the best habitat for grizzly bears."

I am sure they will find a way to blame this on global warming as well.

http://www.canada.com/thepr...d4-807c-360d7d01ee0f
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
They seem to be doing OK to me.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
^^^ Don't let newf see that^^^
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

^^^ Don't let newf see that^^^

Meh, it's basically the same article rehashed now for the third time.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Meh, it's basically the same article rehashed now for the third time.

No there were a few more details...as I already said.

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

No there were a few more details...as I already said.

I did say "basically" the same. Keep us posted though, it's probably going to bring down the whole "Climate Change" conspiracy to control the world.
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I did say "basically" the same. Keep us posted though, it's probably going to bring down the whole "Climate Change" conspiracy to control the world.

You asked if I was going to do updates, and I said I would. When I do, you complain. Sheesh.

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

You asked if I was going to do updates, and I said I would. When I do, you complain. Sheesh.

Never complained at all, I expect you will keep us informed when there is something new about this case but like I said so far it seems to be basically the same article rehashed.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Never complained at all, I expect you will keep us informed when there is something new about this case but like I said so far it seems to be basically the same article rehashed.

It's only a trickle of info, but that's all so far.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock