Started on: 07-18-2011 03:13 PM
Replies: 0
Last post by: Doug85GT on 07-18-2011 03:13 PM
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Since the 405 in LA was closed over the weekend, an interesting competition sprung up. Which would make it across the city faster, a bicycle or a jet? Here are the results of this Top Gear style challenge:

http://losangeles.cbslocal....tblue-to-long-beach/

Cyclists In Burbank Beat JetBlue To Long Beach!

LONG BEACH (CBS) — Bike vs. Plane? It should be obvious to anyone who would win that contest.

Well, not so fast!

Some bloggers, hearing about JetBlue’s $4 fare from Burbank to Long Beach decided to lay down a challenge and see if some bike riders could beat the airline in a cross town race.

A cycle group known as the Wolfpack Hustle set off just before 11 a.m. Saturday.

A blogger also left his home, in Burbank, about the same time.

Using the bike path along the LA River for most of their trip, the cyclists made their destination in a little more than an hour and 30 minutes.

Even though the flight time was about 20 minutes, the blogger had to leave his house, check in, board and deplane. Not to mention arriving an hour before his flight even left.

By the time the plane took off, the cyclists were already in Long Beach.

The cycle group said the challenge was meant to show how easy it is to get around the Southland by bike…and how much more convenient it is.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock