callmanager help by ghost187x
Started on: 07-11-2011 06:28 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: ghost187x on 07-13-2011 01:51 PM
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
hi i am curious to why i receive "high traffic try again later" message on the phones when i dial out. can anybody tell me how to troubleshoot this? i have no idea where to start, but i think it would be in the service parameters somewhere. i am not sure. thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Cisco Call Manager, or some other brand/software (alcatel, etc)? I'm not the one who handles the phones here, but you could check your call statistics. Maybe your bandwidth consumed by the phones is too high for your internet connection. Our phones are set to auto adjust to available bandwidth, not sure if you can set it otherwise. What's the phone model? Do you have a support contract?
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
no i do not have support really.
my net tech thinks we should implement ip cef on the switch ports. I also think i should lower the bandwidth rating on the device pool to 8kb/s in the Call Manager. I get the error on 7940s, 7962s, and 7965s.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
I agree, try lowering the bandwidth rating first and see what that gets you. I'll ask the phone guy when I get to work and see what he says.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
my net tech wants to try something tonight and see if that works. i forgot what he said though lol. i was out of it.

i need a good call manager book to read and learn.
does anybody have any recommendations? I want to be a callmanager wizard. or router wizard. i know most of the callmanager, but i do not know what specific functions does and how to make it into exactly what i want. i have cut sheets i go by
thanks
kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
the techs here said the voip network is "tromboning" ...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock