Started on: 07-11-2011 10:45 AM
Replies: 29
Last post by: ARFiero on 07-13-2011 09:41 PM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, should have put this: NSFW

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 07-11-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
No sympathy.
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
I don’t believe he actually posted that.

What a moron.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Good example of why there is so much emphasiss put on "proper draw" in defensive pistol clases. At that point his safety should have been on and his finger nowhere near the trigger.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2011 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I've shot myself from the holster.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I knew a door gunner that shot his own blade tips all to hell--does that count?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Doh!
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
he's obviously not from Georgia.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Sometime remind me to tell you about getting my rotorblades shot by a passenger while we were out hunting coyotes in a couple of OH 58s. It was a lot of fun while it lasted.

------------------
Ron

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

No sympathy.

X2 When the video is in slow motion, you can see him put his finger on the trigger as he draws the weapon. He broke one of the four rules commandments.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 07-11-2011).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Ah!! Gun control Or rather..lack of
Nick
PFF
System Bot
hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammerSend a Private Message to hammerDirect Link to This Post

OK Don, I'll ask how? Did he fall down while firing?
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
He beat himself to the draw.

Edit.... I'm worried, that wasn't fierobear was it?

[This message has been edited by jetman (edited 07-11-2011).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetman:

He beat himself to the draw.

Edit.... I'm worried, that wasn't fierobear was it?

LOL, no.

Saw it here: http://www.theblaze.com/sto...l-with-a-silhouette/

mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post
That's why you keep your booger hook off of the bang switch. The holster he was using (Blackhawk Serpa http://www.blackhawk.com/pr...Finish,1144,1410.htm ) requires a button to be pushed with the trigger finger in order to release the gun. After the button is pushed and the gun is released the finger tends to want to curl inside the trigger guard and bad things like this can happen. Needless to say, this is not my first choice in holsters.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Was that Lowlux?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikejhjr:

That's why you keep your booger hook off of the bang switch. The holster he was using (Blackhawk Serpa http://www.blackhawk.com/pr...Finish,1144,1410.htm ) requires a button to be pushed with the trigger finger in order to release the gun. After the button is pushed and the gun is released the finger tends to want to curl inside the trigger guard and bad things like this can happen. Needless to say, this is not my first choice in holsters.

Interesting. I have a Blackhawk Serpa but never considered that a risk. I will definitely rethink my trigger discipline when using it.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post

skip to about 1:30

When I actually first read the title to this thread I thought it was going to be a spin-off from PK's "Thinking about getting a gun" thread
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2011 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Bwahahaha! Moron....that later.

Gun control! It is mandatory, and not a recommendation.

I had a friend shoot himself before. He was playing cowboy with his 357, and went to put it in the back of his pants. BAM! Two holes in his cheeks, and a nasty burn where his belt lays. The gunshot wounds healed quickly, but the powder burn, the powder burn was just nasty.

Tony
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 07-12-2011).]

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

skip to about 1:30

When I actually first read the title to this thread I thought it was going to be a spin-off from PK's "Thinking about getting a gun" thread

you mean
1.36 to1.

I laughted
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
If our founding fathers had seen that, there would have been no second amendment.
Grandaddy84SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grandaddy84SESend a Private Message to Grandaddy84SEDirect Link to This Post
The most embarrassing thing is, he was in uniform, which means he had to have had some sort of training. Just what was mounted on the biplane for weapons? Looked like a pair of pistol caliber machine guns, reminds me of something Italian I saw in a book years ago.
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post

That's not true. When I use my Serpa my finger falls on the rail both on the 9mm Beretta I use for work and the XD40 I use at home. I probably have over a thousand draws on this holster and never once has my finger curled into the trigger guard. Now to say this mine is a drop holster.

Shelby
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I gots give it to the man... he was pretty calm about it.
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

That's not true. When I use my Serpa my finger falls on the rail both on the 9mm Beretta I use for work and the XD40 I use at home. I probably have over a thousand draws on this holster and never once has my finger curled into the trigger guard. Now to say this mine is a drop holster.

Shelby

Not saying it happens to you, just that when you draw in a high stress situation it can happen. Fine motor skills go when the adrenaline is pumping. A lot of firearms trainers actually discourage that holster for that reason. I forget where I saw it, but he had a video explaining that after it happened.

How do you like your XD? I have an XD40sc here, great gun!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post

Not saying it happens to you, just that when you draw in a high stress situation it can happen. Fine motor skills go when the adrenaline is pumping. A lot of firearms trainers actually discourage that holster for that reason. I forget where I saw it, but he had a video explaining that after it happened.

How do you like your XD? I have an XD40sc here, great gun!

Actually most of my draws have been in high stress applications. I was a combat skills instructor for awhile. I know all about the dissaperance of the fine motor skills...it actually has to do with the rate your heart is pumping and the reaction the body has to it to survive the lower levels of oxygen in the blood being delivered (seen the fight or flight last stage of it from a few folks).

I love my XD40. I have the SC as well and wouldn't trade it as my CCW for anything. Only thing I wish SA would have done was put a Pearce style pinkey grip on the short mag from the factory.

Shelby
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

Actually most of my draws have been in high stress applications. I was a combat skills instructor for awhile. I know all about the dissaperance of the fine motor skills...it actually has to do with the rate your heart is pumping and the reaction the body has to it to survive the lower levels of oxygen in the blood being delivered (seen the fight or flight last stage of it from a few folks).

I love my XD40. I have the SC as well and wouldn't trade it as my CCW for anything. Only thing I wish SA would have done was put a Pearce style pinkey grip on the short mag from the factory.

Shelby

Good to hear! Hopefully it continues to work well for you. I know I'm always working on making sure my trigger finger lands in the right spot and not on the trigger. I tend to stick to leather IWB holsters though so it's a little different feel.

My XD is also my go to carry gun. I have a pearce grip extension as well, it's so much nicer to shoot that way with the 9rd mag.
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
I agree about the 9 round mag. I wish I was a bigger framed guy so I could get away with carrying the larger mags but..if I can't hit em with 9 I shouldn't be shooting at 'em LOL

Shelby

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock