Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Anyone else every deal with stop repair bills?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Anyone else every deal with stop repair bills? by pontiackid86
Started on: 07-10-2011 04:14 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 07-10-2011 06:09 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
And I'm not posting this as a question more of a what did you think of there demeanor on the phone.... Couple weeks ago I saw an ad for a warranty service from stop repair bills. seemed like it was worth giving it a look at so i called them up. Told them the car I was looking to get a quote on and everything and it seemed like a good price. So I said to them 'Sounds like a good price and I'm very interested, keep it on file while i talk with my father and I'll call you back" immediately he goes into a frenzy of trying to get me to buy it. I said to him I'm going to call you back.. he goes into this is a one time offer and cannot gaurentee the price. I said to him i dont think it will change within the next few days and that i would call back... I was being pressured so much by the guy that I than said shut it and listen to me. I said" Since you are being so persistent and pushing me into something before I'm ready yet I will not be buying a service contract with you and do not expect a call back from me, than hung up.. not even 2 min later i get a call back from him still trying to push me into the sale.. I said to him if you call me back again I'm filing a complaint for harassment and hung up. He got the message that time.

anyone else ever get this from a company? Sounds to me like there desperate for money.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 223
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
It's called "commission" and a hard sell. Some folks buckle and buy during a hard sell.

------------------
Ron

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

It's called "commission" and a hard sell. Some folks buckle and buy during a hard sell.

True there.. its like i said though. if they wouldent have pressured me i probably woulda bought from them but if you pressure me to a point its gone.

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysClick Here to Email twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Couple weeks ago I saw an ad for a warranty service from stop repair bills. seemed like it was worth giving it a look at so i called them up.

Did you become a 70 year old woman out on the road? Why in the hell would you call them???

Any extended warranty service is a scam. Especially over the friggin phone. Save your money.

Brad
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Did you become a 70 year old woman out on the road? Why in the hell would you call them???

Any extended warranty service is a scam. Especially over the friggin phone. Save your money.

Brad

There not all that bad my dad has warranty direct and they have been nothing but good to him. only thing they ask for is oil change receipts (which we keep a bible of them for each car) they have replaced 2 transmissions in his car as well as some other small things.. we have more than got out money's with out of them and still going for another 3 years. We might put my solstice on it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock