50 year old Jean Claude Van Damme to fight this year by Val_Evans
Started on: 07-08-2011 08:11 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: Patrick on 07-10-2011 09:35 PM
Val_Evans

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
I cant beleive this. One site says it will be November 1st 2011, other site says Jan 2012.

Long story short, he says he wants to "right his wrongs" he is ashamed to be branded a cocaine addict.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
How is getting pummeled into wonder jelly going to make him look better than a non-bleeding cocaine addict?
Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
Van Dammes opponent is a two time olympic gold medalist in boxing. He has competed in muay thai events in Thailand (most brutal sport in the world) and is 12 years his junior.

Van Damme obviously has confidence in his fight skills, remember he held a breif 20-2 (17 KOs) professional Kickboxing record before becoming a star in the 80s.

And YOU KNOW that since the fight will be held outside of the United States they will not test van damme for steroids or human growth hormone. Plus he is signifigintly heavier than his Thai adversary.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
I just did a Google search, and apparently, they were supposed to fight back in '09, but it kept getting pushed back with venue changes. It was originally supposed to be in Vegas, but they wouldn't give him medical clearance, so they changed it to Moscow, and something happened and it got pushed back again and that's happened something like 5 times. Supposedly, JCVD is serious about it, but there're major issues with promotions and whatnot...

http://asiancorrespondent.c...ds-national-stadium/

Jean Claude Van Damme to fight Somluck Khamsing in Thailand’s National Stadium

It seems that the long awaited Muay Thai / kickboxing bout between ’90s movie star Jean Claude Van Damme and Olympic gold medal winning boxer Somluck Khamsing might be heading to Thailand.

The two originally signed a contract in December 2009 with the bout expected to take place in Las Vegas but it has been repeatedly delayed with many fight fans skeptical that the contest would ever materialize.

Van Damme is best known for his role in action movies such as Bloodsport, Hard Target and Kickboxer, which was famously set in Thailand. Khamsing became the first Thai ever to win a gold medal at the Olympics, courtesy of a clean sweep in the featherweight category in 1996. Although he is primarily a boxer he has had a number of Muay Thai bouts, fighting at the King’s Cup on at least two occasions.

A world renowned actor, Van Damme did enjoy some success as a Karate fighter and kickboxer but has not competed at any level since 1981. He was also widely reported to have suffered a minor heart attack last October although his representatives strenuously denied this story.

Various venues had been suggested with Russia the most recent but it now appears that the bout could take place at the National Stadium in Bangkok in November 2011. If the fight does go ahead, which given all the previous postponements is far from guaranteed, it will be interesting to see whether the Thai public are sufficiently interested to fill what is one of the biggest stadiums in the country.

Aged 38, Khamsing has a considerable advantage in both age and experience. Van Damme might have held a world title in karate and fared well in a couple of kickboxing competitions but the standard in these disciplines is nowhere near as high as that in amateur boxing, the sport in which Khamsing once excelled. The biggest challenge for the Olympic gold medallist will be presented by his opponent’s superior size, Van Damme could conceivably be 20kg heavier when they step inside the ring.

It seems that Phillip Wong, who owns the world famous Fairtex chain of Muay Thai gyms, is now the main sponsor for the fight which might explain why the venue has been switched to Thailand. There is also the issue of sanctioning as the Nevada State Athletic Commission, who have jurisdiction over Las Vegas where the fight was initially supposed to take place, might be reluctant to allow a 50 year old who has suffered from mental health problems in the past (Van Damme was once diagnosed with a bi polar disorder) to take part in any sort of a licensed professional fight.

Van Damme will presumably spend time training for the fight at one of the Fairtex gyms which will provide some valuable publicity for Wong in return for his sponsorship. It will be interesting to see how much interest there is in Thailand. Khamsing has appeared in movies himself and is well known but Van Damme is probably not as much of an attraction here as he would be in the West. It may be arguably the freakshow fight of the century but from a sporting point of view there is little to recommend this contest and filling a venue as vast as the national stadium in Bangkok will be no easy task.

The fight will take place under modified Muay Thai rules and elbows will be banned, presumably in order to minimalize the risk of Van Damme getting cut. It would be easy to write it off as a publicity stunt but it appears to be something that Van Damme genuinely wants to do. He appears to have become more contemplative and introspective in his work in recent years and his career has taken a dramatically different turn. The all action movies of the ’80s and ’90s have been replaced by some more serious, less slapstick efforts such as Until Death, in which he plays a cop addicted to heroin, and JCVD, in which he plays a semi fictionalized version of himself. Perhaps doing a professional fight is all a part of his quest to be taken a little more seriously by people.

If the fight does go ahead there will be widespread media attention and it could be a major boost for the burgeoning Muay Thai tourism industry in Thailand. Although they will not please the purists match ups such as this, where a difference in size potentially compensates for a disparity in experience, can actually be quite exciting. If Khamsing and Van Damme do eventually step inside of the ring it should make for an extremely entertaining evening.

Thanks to Science of the 8 Limbs for bringing this to my attention. If you are interested in Muay Thai this is one of the best websites out there.

------------------

Originally posted by maryjane:

The only time a grudge is worth holding is if nuclear launch codes are involved----words to live by.

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 07-08-2011).]

Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
wow^

Very interesting read Hopefully it goes through on November I want tickets, too bad its in Thailand, possibly Japan (under modified K-1 kickboxing rules).
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Are you ShadowHawk?
Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2011 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
Shadowhawk? The super hero that breaks spines?

sorry but my only hero is Van Damme, he ruined his life with drugs for 20 years and became a sack of potatoes and now at age 50 wants to reconcile

Thank god I ruined my life in my teen years and learned my lessons early to not be 50 and desperate for redemption. I am young and I will make a difference in this world, thats not a promise that is a garuntee

[This message has been edited by Val_Evans (edited 07-09-2011).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, you are.

Welcome back. You've been banned a few times already... won't be too long until you're gone again.
Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
You have me confused with someone else.

You sad about something? Do you have hatred in your heart my friend? I reccommend meditation.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
I don't hate you, and I'm not sad. I couldn't care less about you, actually. I just wish that you'd respect forum rules and not keep making new accounts.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I just wish that you'd respect forum rules and not keep making new accounts.

I don't know the fella you're referring to, but it appears that signing up under a new user name after being banned is no longer an issue here (if it ever was).

PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, you are.

Welcome back. You've been banned a few times already... won't be too long until you're gone again.

Wasn't it you that got mistaken for someone else, and almost banned, when you first posted in OT?
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Wasn't it you that got mistaken for someone else, and almost banned, when you first posted in OT?

It wasn't in O/T, but yes. I'm not going to rate him--I've only rated a few people as negative and they REALLY deserved it.

I welcome him back and I hope that he is respectful on here.

But yeah, this is ShadowHawk
ShadowHawk LOVED Van Damme. Talked about him all of the time.
ShadowHawk is in martial arts and talked about it.
ShadowHawk loved Aryan women, and talked about it a lot.

Val_Evans has already mentioned his martial arts, made a Van Damme thread, and posted in the Kim Kardashian thread about how he wished she was blonde and European. Not to mention he posts the exact same way.

If I'm wrong, they're like long-lost twins.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Look at the whole picture here. Unlike other guys that were banned and keep coming back just to start more bullshit, he obviously enjoys the discussions on this forum and is consistant and proud of his Fiero build-up. Just leave the guy alone. If he, or other members in the future, start the insults and arguements, then rate him. Until then, give the guy a chance here. Don't keep banning him because of his first account on here. Hell, I was banned years ago because I was a raging alcoholic and ALL I did on this forum was insult people. Now that I am a father of 2, I am a whole different person so people change with age. Cut the guy some slack.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Look at the whole picture here. Unlike other guys that were banned and keep coming back just to start more bullshit, he obviously enjoys the discussions on this forum and is consistant and proud of his Fiero build-up. Just leave the guy alone. If he, or other members in the future, start the insults and arguements, then rate him. Until then, give the guy a chance here. Don't keep banning him because of his first account on here. Hell, I was banned years ago because I was a raging alcoholic and ALL I did on this forum was insult people. Now that I am a father of 2, I am a whole different person so people change with age. Cut the guy some slack.

It wasn't in O/T, but yes. I'm not going to rate him--I've only rated a few people as negative and they REALLY deserved it.

I welcome him back and I hope that he is respectful on here.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Exactly my friend
Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow so people get banned off these boards?

I never would have thought that considering how few Fieros are left out there and even less Fiero enthusiasts.

Maybe one of your banned members went into a rage and was responsible for this

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/086263.html

Probably pulled all the parts he needed (or could offord) then said screw everybody else
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
ohh great back again... what is this #6 time around? well dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out again. On the other hand let it.. might make you think about coming back again.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 07-09-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
ShadowHawk wasn't such a bad guy... last I remember he lived in Broward.

Gotta stick up for my Broward posse' !!!

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

ShadowHawk wasn't such a bad guy... last I remember he lived in Broward.

Gotta stick up for my Broward posse' !!!

Sounds to me like hes a high tech homeless... he lives all over Florida and now Georgia and still has internet access even after spending his money on his pill poping habits.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I don't know the fella you're referring to, but it appears that signing up under a new user name after being banned is no longer an issue here (if it ever was).

Awwwwww... You pissed because I didn't ban the guy you had a fight with and who turned out to have been previously banned 5 years ago???
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Awwwwww... You pissed because I didn't ban the guy you had a fight with and who turned out to have been previously banned 5 years ago???

What, you can't be bothered to respond to my PM, yet you make an appearance here to mock me?

You make it sound like he returned five years after he was banned. He didn't. As far as I know, he returned immediately under a new name... and continues to post the same hate filled trash.

They're your rules, Cliff. If you don't wish to enforce them, fine, that's your prerogative as the man in charge.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock