Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  CEO Rupert Murdoch News of the World hacks missing British girls phone (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
CEO Rupert Murdoch News of the World hacks missing British girls phone by tbone42
Started on: 07-05-2011 04:50 PM
Replies: 97
Last post by: Old Lar on 07-19-2011 01:02 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

I keep forgetting that unabashed biased control over certain media is only acceptable when it's ones own "side" that is being supported. Yeesh.

Hahah... hey, it goes both ways. I'm totally cool with what Murdoch has done with Fox News, MarketWatch, etc... but the old-establishment in England totally doesn't want their grip / control over the country to be overthrown either.

Usurping power is never pretty...

IP: Logged
Doni Hagan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I don't think Murdoch had any direct knowledge of what was going on at News Of The World but I'm not surprised he's taking the heat for it.....any more than I think the president of Toyota knew about faulty accelerators coming in from their supplier. However,, when the time came to account for what his company was doing, who was sitting in front of a congressional committee?

IMHO, Murdoch's involvement in this scandal is rather Truman-esque in nature. It's his company..."The buck stops here."
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
If a person is the head of the company-you're suppose to know. Otherwise, why are they paying a person the big bucks? The same for Eron and other croonies.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

If a person is the head of the company-you're suppose to know. Otherwise, why are they paying a person the big bucks? The same for Eron and other croonies.

Kind of like Holder or Obama taking the "I know nothing" approach about the "Fast and Furious" program.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Murdoch is the OWNER of the entire media conglomerate. It's not like he's just some dude that got hired as a CEO that "they" are paying. He founded the company, and owns 320+ news stations, magazines, and newspapers. There are easily two other CEOs seperating him from that newspaper. There's the CEO of News of the World, and then there's the CEO of the European division of News Corporation, and then finally there's News Corporation which is the parent corporation.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Enron became the way it was BECAUSE of the executives. They are the ones who boasted profit from loss and caused such a big lie that it destroyed everyone.

This isn't comparable to that.

Rupert Murdoch didn't do anything himself--and it's very unlikely that he ordered it done, let alone that he even knew about it. So that's why people are "defending" him. It's just not reasonable to attack him over this (though I'm glad an investigation is going on just to make sure).
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Enron became the way it was BECAUSE of the executives. They are the ones who boasted profit from loss and caused such a big lie that it destroyed everyone.

Rupert Murdoch didn't do anything himself--and it's very unlikely that he ordered it done, let alone that he even knew about it. So that's why people are "defending" him. It's just not reasonable to attack him over this (though I'm glad an investigation is going on just to make sure).

Dude! You know about the BIG LIE too? My buddy RayB tells me about the big lie all the time, but I forget...

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Dude! You know about the BIG LIE too? My buddy RayB tells me about the big lie all the time, but I forget...

RayB opened my eyes to the BIG LIE years ago.
The corpRATS that ruin the country are all a part of the BIG LIE.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

RayB opened my eyes to the BIG LIE years ago.
The corpRATS that ruin the country are all a part of the BIG LIE.

I know, seriously... ME TOO!!! Before the BIG LIE... I was a political zombie... now it all makes sense. Sorry... that's the beer talking too...
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Personally, I don't think Murdoch had any direct knowledge of what was going on at News Of The World but I'm not surprised he's taking the heat for it.....any more than I think the president of Toyota knew about faulty accelerators coming in from their supplier. However,, when the time came to account for what his company was doing, who was sitting in front of a congressional committee?

IMHO, Murdoch's involvement in this scandal is rather Truman-esque in nature. It's his company..."The buck stops here."

Ding!

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 07-18-2011).]

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Take a jar and fill it with 300 marbles. Now take some out and put them into little jars and put a few of the jars in each room of your home. Stick a few jars across the street, and heck, mail one or two to Alaska.

Guess what? One of your marbles did some sneaky nafarious sh*t a decade ago. Maybe you knew, and maybe you didn't.

What do ya do?

I think it's pretty freakin' amazing how well he ran things, all things considering... but like all empires...ESPECIALLY GLOBAL ones... I think it's already seen its "golden" age...

I really wonder if he had a clue - if he knew and agreed with their tactics.

But one thing, if he appointed those below him, he mighta have been VERY aware of their tactics, even encouraged them... Hard to say. I'm sure there's PLENTY of unethical things they did which we are ignorant of. (That's why I found it interesting that they shuttered the paper so quickly. I have a feeling they discovered an even worse potential scandal...so they leveled the joint.

Speaking of "Lies"
BTW, Here's how I 'tested' the main Media Wall at NewsCorp after setting it up...

LIES LIES I tell ya!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 07-19-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
the next Q is - are ALL news gatherers doing this? I would more surprised to find Fox being alone on this, than being the only ones doing it.

is that not how "investigative" reporting works, after all? is it actually a violation of any "real" rights? after all - all that data is broadcast anyways - not private.

just fishing for the actual mechanics of the problem. I am not at all happy with what was done - the real part which made it a true crime was that messages were erased to make room for more. There is NO silver lining to that. but, just hacking & listening to data which gets broadcast over the air anyways - not so much.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

the next Q is - are ALL news gatherers doing this? I would more surprised to find Fox being alone on this, than being the only ones doing it.

is that not how "investigative" reporting works, after all? is it actually a violation of any "real" rights? after all - all that data is broadcast anyways - not private.

just fishing for the actual mechanics of the problem. I am not at all happy with what was done - the real part which made it a true crime was that messages were erased to make room for more. There is NO silver lining to that. but, just hacking & listening to data which gets broadcast over the air anyways - not so much.

Hah... Pyrth, how does this suddenly have anything to do with Fox News? Fox News is but one of Rupert Murdoch's 320 news companies... News Corporation is the parent company, it's not like everyone is filtered under Fox News...
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Heard the other day while watching a story on this, this stuff goes on all of the time.
It is not new, and for FYI, it has never been done by FOX News.
No wonder you libs have a problem paying attention!
Sure you weren't out with the Chrysler boys for lunch?
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:
Heard the other day while watching a story on this, this stuff goes on all of the time.
It is not new, and for FYI, it has never been done by FOX News.
No wonder you libs have a problem paying attention!
Sure you weren't out with the Chrysler boys for lunch?

so, goes on all the time, eh?
but - NOT by Fox, eh?

I agree that it happens all the time. and is actually what my post was about - yet all responses to it were to defend Fox. The Lady doth protest to much.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

so, goes on all the time, eh?
but - NOT by Fox, eh?

I agree that it happens all the time. and is actually what my post was about - yet all responses to it were to defend Fox. The Lady doth protest to much.

As much as the left hates FOX News, they have not been accused by anyone, nice try though.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I beg to differ here. Why so? There's big money being handed out and it's not to the local "Bobby on the beat", but rather two of the high ranking personal at Scotland Yard. Secondly, two people in Parliament are in trouble. Those two people have connection with Murdoch’s company. If anything the story is unfolding as we speak as was the case for Eron.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Fox has the inquiry live on their news network. Those running the show seem to have little knowledge of what was going on, just like Washington politics.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock