Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Casey Anthony...innocent or guilty? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Casey Anthony...innocent or guilty? by carnut122
Started on: 07-03-2011 07:31 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: revin on 07-05-2011 04:52 PM
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
OK, I hate to admit this, but in the past week, I've become addicted to the trial. Yeh, maybe I need to turn in my man card? Anybody else having any such issues?. So as not to bias anybody into a certain direction for this thread, I won't post my views. Then again, maybe nobody will admit to caring...but WE will know how many views this thread generates. So what do you think?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Guilty.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
I have been following it only to learn court procedures!
Don't have to tear up my man card, wife pissed on it years ago, not even readable anymore.
If you are asking what the jury will say, you forgot the hung jury thing.
I think she is guilty but think both sides did a crappy job.
And the hung jury will delay the final results, maybe all of the way to a second trial.
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Jim
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I think she's guilty.
I think she might get convicted, but if she does, she did it to herself. What a lying sack o' crap.
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
Guilty of being a murderer, guilty of having one of the worlds most messed up families and should be fried!

So.. whos the father of caylee? No one ever stepped forth? Seems strange.. I wouldnt doubt if it was her own brother the way the two were acting around the start of the trial.. I stopped watching anything to do with it.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Guilty or innocent of what? Murder? I don't believe the evidence I've seen proved she murdered her daughter, they don't know how Caylee died. Based on what I've seen.

Mother of the Year, hardly. Do I think she had something to do with her daughter's death, you betcha. Did the prosecutor prove she did it? No.

Most likely, there are other things she is guilty of, Murder, I couldn't convict on what I've seen.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-04-2011).]

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
There was testimony that she used tape to cover the child's nose and mouth. If that is true, the forensics will confirm the presence of tape adhesive residue on the skin. If she actually drowned in a pool, the forensics will show chlorine in the lungs. We don't have necessary information to offer a verdict. That is the reason there is a jury.

I say wait and see.

Arn

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
The jury is going to hang.

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
Why is there such fascination with this case? Lots of children are killed.. I don't get it...

It literally has like round the clock coverage even re-runs of the trial being played on stations like Fox News...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Why is there such fascination with this case? Lots of children are killed.. I don't get it...

Becouse people need monsters.
Why?
Becouse it pales the fears of our own demons.

If i'm wrong, then why do we need monsters & enemies?
When we don't have them, we invent them.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-03-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Why?

I think it's much less complicated than that.
It's like a train wreck, or any kind of unfolding disaster.
You know they're always a mess. You know this one is not going to be any less messy.
But you can't not look.

And the news stations know that you can't not look.
So they're going to be there to feed you all the gory details. "Viewer discretion advised." of course.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
It would just be nice to see some mass media on more positive situations I guess. Just get tired of the horror show all the time.. seems like with as many people as can be influenced through media you could really make a difference with a positive message on a majority of the time. It's just one bad thing after another.

Sorry I took the thread off topic..
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

It would just be nice to see some mass media on more positive situations I guess. Just get tired of the horror show all the time.. seems like with as many people as can be influenced through media you could really make a difference with a positive message on a majority of the time. It's just one bad thing after another.

If what I said is true, then it could be said that hero storys make us feel bad about ourselves becouse of the things we are afraid we don't have in us.
We feel better about ourselves when we are reminded how much worse others can be, and bad about ourselves when we are reminded of how good we fear we could never be.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-03-2011).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

If what I said is true, then it could be said that hero storys make us feel bad about ourselves becouse of the things we are afraid we don't have in us.
We feel better about ourselves when we are reminded how much worse others can be, and bad about ourselves when we are reminded of how good we fear we could never be.

That's a thought.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

That's a thought.

But just.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

All the things I planned to do I only did half way
Tomorrow will be Sunday born of rainy Saturday.
There's some satisfaction in the San Francisco rain
No matter what comes down the Mission always looks the same.
-Robert Hunter
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Guilty. Accidental death? Not likely...like the medical examiner said, if the death was an accident, why the duct tape over the mouth/nose? There would be no reason to do so after death, even were it an accident which this family of misfits was trying to cover up. If the death was an accident, why cover it up? Fatal accidents happen in the home every single day. Then her behavior afterwards...this was a party girl, who I believe resented having her freewheeling drunken carouse interrupted by the burden of motherhood. Caylee's death freed her to join the party again. Prognosis? CMA will either commit suicide, be murdered in prison, or go quietly insane. Her whole wonderful self-centered life in ruins, because her scheme to get free failed. She'll die with a small girl's whisper in her ear..."Now we can always be together, Mommy..."
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I just want the trial to get over with. I'm tired of the non-stop barrage of Casey Anthony crap all over the news outlets.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
From what I have seen, I think there was an accident of some sort...the child died as a result. Maybe from chloroform...perhaps it went all wrong when she tried to make her go to sleep. Then she freaks out and tries to cover it up. I think I remember something about her staying there was mafia involved or something like that originally. To me, if she killed her daughter by accident, then it would make sense if she tried to concoct a story about kidnapping, and use duct tape to make it appear that way. I have seen nothing that convinces me this whole thing was not an accident handled very poorly. I just don't see anything that says premeditated murder here.
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Whoa! The dark prophet has spoken.

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ive been following for 3 years and seen most of the trial. She is no doubt guilty to me. I think they might not get murder one because I dont think she planned to murder her. My theory from the first few days is shed been knocking the girl out for at least a month so she could go party with her friends. One of her bfs even has told her before he wanted to see her, but find a sitter for the little girl so they could play around. Surprised the prosecuter didnt bring that out. A NJ woman has contacted people that her son was the father of the girl. He died in a car accident like Casey had said and the mother said he had named his FL gf as Casey saying her dad was an x cop and mother was a nurse. I think one of these party nites she either gave the girl an overdose accidently or passed out/ forgot about her being in the trunk and she died in the trunk from heat. The tape was just part of the packaging Casey done to dispose of her. I really think the tape was placed around the bundle of blankets and plastic and ended up on the skull when animals and conditions decayed those. I think it will be a short deliberation, prob even faster than we will think because they will stall it out a bit to show they really thought about it. If they just announce a verdict after 30 mins, there would be grounds for appeal based on that. I think the reason this has become such a public event is the way Casey has an obvious total disregard for the daughter. From day one the girl was treated like a missing puppy. The only times Casey has showed any emotion at all is when shes caught in a lie. Even if she get off on the murder she will get quite a few years just for the lying charges and not reporting it for a month (child abuse). If she ever gets out she will have to change her name and move across the country or out of the country. None of her friends or family will never have a thing to do with her again. She blamed anyone she could except herself. Ill bet all of Caseys belongings have already been thrown out in the trash. You might see her car come up on EBay, maybe to raise money for missing children foundations.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
The trial should not have been made into a media circus for the TV audiance. There is not enough evidence that the child was murdered, premeditated or not. Family of the year not. If it becomes a hung jury, there is no way another trial could find an impartial jury in Florida as it has been non stop of TV on all local and "news" channels.

NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
I agree. As much as she disgusts me as a parent, we have a law system for a reason. She should be punished, but I cant justify murder at this point.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
The way I look at it, she might as well be dead already. Regardless of the outcome, someone will either take care of her on the street or someone will whack her in prison. Well, I enjoyed the 3 ring circus while it lasted. The only thing left is to bring in judge Ito to complete the show.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-04-2011).]

Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The way I look at it, she might as well be dead already. Regardless of the outcome, someone will either take care of her on the street or someone will whack her in prison. Well, I enjoyed the 3 ring circus while it lasted. The only thing left is to bring in judge Ito to complete the show.

You forgot about the release of the prison sex tape LOL
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Guilty. Even if she actually isn't, she has so placed herself in such a bad light by her subsequent actions that, even if acquitted, she'll always be thought of as having done it.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Why?

People need causes Boonie, not monsters. Sometimes the cause is to defeat a monster. You're looking at the negatives... not the positive.

As for Anthony... I'm quite sure she's guilty... does she need the death penalty? I don't know... I have to wonder though how the parents will end up out of all of this. First they lose their grand-daughter, and now they'll lose their daughter by electric chair. Justice served?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2011 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
People need causes Boonie, not monsters. Sometimes the cause is to defeat a monster. You're looking at the negatives... not the positive.

Then why do they salivate over the gory details and expound on them day after day?
Becouse it is more then right & wrong.
Or even punishment.

It's about the details.
What are people looking for when they stare at a car wreak as they drive by?

I think you are looking at it too simply.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Then why do they salivate over the gory details and expound on them day after day?
Becouse it is more then right & wrong.
Or even punishment.

It's about the details.
What are people looking for when they stare at a car wreak as they drive by?

I think you are looking at it too simply.

People look at a car wreck when they drive by because their fragile lives aren't used to such things. The idea of a brutal accident is shocking to them, and they want to experience it, good or bad. Most people in this world are perfectly OK with living a modest, comfortable life... not achieving anything, not looking to take any real direction. Accidents are a shock to the system for a lot of these rubber-neckers... it breaks up the monotiny for them.

Why people watch the trial I don't believe is the same as a rubber-necker inspecting an accident. The people watching the accident have become attached in one way or another. Some want to know how it's possible that a mother could kill her own daughter, others fantasize about getting into her pants (like the guy who gave the judge the middle finger), and others want to see justice done.

I don't watch the trial, but everyone else I know does... and believe me, they won't stop telling me about it.

I do feel really bad for that little girl though. I would have happily adopted her, and given her a caring home. My daughter, who is the very same age as Caylee (sp?) was when she was killed, looks very much like my own daughter. When my daughter sees her on the news (my mom baby-sits and sometimes watches it), she'll say "Look daddy! That's like me!!!"

Anyway, you're concept of people wanting to create monsters, and the human psychology of all of that really doesn't have anything to do with people's morbid curiosity. You posted a picture of an alien... do you think people manifest the idea of aliens because of morbid curiosity? Or do you think perhaps these aliens are created by our psychology because people (nerds, like most of us on here) have a desire to learn or believe in something greater in our society, our universe. (aside from religion I mean... )
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Anyway, you're concept of people wanting to create monsters, and the human psychology of all of that really doesn't have anything to do with people's morbid curiosity. You posted a picture of an alien... do you think people manifest the idea of aliens because of morbid curiosity? Or do you think perhaps these aliens are created by our psychology because people (nerds, like most of us on here) have a desire to learn or believe in something greater in our society, our universe. (aside from religion I mean... )

It's a fact; People have a need for monsters.
How has Dracula lasted so long?
Why are Horror movies still making millions?
Why is Manson more of a monster then Pol Pot?

People need monsters.

How come Alien encounters are always harmfull in some way?
Never friendly, always evil.
Why do Aliens look so much like us?
2 arms, 2 legs, 2 eyes, etc.?

Becouse we invented them.
It's what we know.

Knights had dragons that stole virgins.
Saliors had sea-monsters.
And Salem had witches.
In a sense, isn't the Devil a kind of monster?

We have ALWAYS needed monsters.
To scare us to keep us in line?

Needed, so much so, that we will always find them or make them.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-04-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Well. it's out for the jury to decide.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Thats kinda a harsh penalty on them...plus that much rope and finding that many suitable trees could be an issue.......not to mention horses are no longer trained to ride out from under the noosee......

yeah, dont think hanging the jury is gonna work. Maybe lethal injection instead ???

(frack, dont put on a fiasco media circus show trial and expect me to take it--or the system-- seriously)

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-04-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Sorry theres no other explanation other than murder by someone. You dont go missing and unreported for a month, wrap yourself up and walk off to a dump site by accident. The ONLY question here is who Murdered her.....It would be a huge stretch to say a stranger is responsible when her body is left only houses away from home, all the stuff found with her came from her home, and mom didnt tell anyone. Like the prosecutor summed it up...there is ONLY one person who benefited. That person had to be the murderer.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99
VERDICT IS IN.....

215 PM COURT WILL CONVENE TO READ THE VERDICT

I won $100 bet by saying 1 day. Lets see If I get another $50 for GUILTY.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Not Guilty on all counts except for the providing false information to Law Enforcement...
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
There had to have been something very cut/dry in the Defense's case for the Jury to deliberate for less than a day, and then pronounce not-guilty for the murder/abuse/manslaughter charges.

I can't figure out what though.
At the very least, she has some psychological issues that seriously need to be addressed.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
WOW...im flabbergasted. I figured shed get a lesser count and just get llike 25 years to life. Shes got off scott free with murder. I do hope her parents out and out disown her to get her out of their lives. She tried to bury them. Print a picture and keep it in your wallet if your dating so you dont hook up with this shedevil.
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
4 counts of false information to LEO. Apparently they asked her where the money was and she wouldn't tell.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Jeroldo Rivera is going on how Casey is guilty and got away with . He is such a horses ass! Another bunch of experts who demonstrate no sense of reality.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock