Started on: 06-30-2011 03:03 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: 2.5 on 07-01-2011 01:15 PM
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.c...|dl3|sec1_lnk2|74486

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 06-30-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
dang - pretty quick moving, whatever they was!

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
My first impression is they are balloons. The size and speed differences can just be different altitudes. The bridge one is a little bit different in that they seem to go to the left, then reappear going to the right. Not impossible for air to blow diff directions at different altitude. Id be comfortable saying they were all balloons and im pro UFOs.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
My first impression is they are balloons. The size and speed differences can just be different altitudes. The bridge one is a little bit different in that they seem to go to the left, then reappear going to the right. Not impossible for air to blow diff directions at different altitude. Id be comfortable saying they were all balloons and im pro UFOs.

no way - not at them speeds.
ever see an airplane go in & out of clouds like that? pretty pokey. these things zipped. no balloon is gonna move that fast. and, the 2nd video shows there is much altitude, which was tough to judge in the first video.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

In the first half the closer one was pretty stationary and three others in the background zipped by. When he zoomed in on the one it appear "Frisbie shaped"-at least that's the way I saw it.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
The closer to the ground the faster they would appear to go. To me the bigger one is just much lower. Several of them appeared to me to be well below the clouds. Going 'into or thru' the clouds might just be because being white, they blended into the white clouds. Id love them to be aliens myself, but still stick to my opinion of them just being some 1or 2 foot white balloons. If id see them first hand, i might be convinced otherwise. Ive seen toy balloon really haul azz when caught in the wind.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

The closer to the ground the faster they would appear to go. To me the bigger one is just much lower. Several of them appeared to me to be well below the clouds. Going 'into or thru' the clouds might just be because being white, they blended into the white clouds. Id love them to be aliens myself, but still stick to my opinion of them just being some 1or 2 foot white balloons. If id see them first hand, i might be convinced otherwise. Ive seen toy balloon really haul azz when caught in the wind.

yes, in the first video, I'd agree - could be balloons
the second video (over the bridge) shows some pretty good altitude, and I would guess supersopnic speeds
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
That was just a distraction for the bank being robbed.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
It’s terrorists!

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
At least they were flying on the left side of the cloud
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
My first and immediate reaction was "fake". So was my last and delayed reaction.

Not because of what I see, but the way it was filmed. First of all, why would you turn on the camera while walking to the corner of the street? Why walk to the corner of the street in the first place? Why constantly pan down to film the other people on the street? Why is it so quiet? Why isn't everybody going "holy crap! see what he just did?". Why aren't there more people looking up? In fact, at one point you see a guy walking buy looking up, trying to see what it is the others are looking at, then continue on walking (as he has no clue what the others are looking at). If I would look up and see that, I would stop and watch (and shout "holy crap! see what he just did?"). Also, the guy filming is never following the objects with his camera. At one point, all objects visible are moving to the right while he is panning to the left. Why would he do that?

It felt more like a flash mob than anything else to me (saw them do the exact same thing here in Haarlem once).
PFF
System Bot
crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Some good points Cliff, but New Yorkers are famous for being unsurprised by anything, and I would suspect that Londoners are similar. "Oh gee whiz mate, some flashy lights in the sky eh? Blimey." Two others are filming it though, and my impression was he saw the lights between the buildings and started his camera rolling as he went to the intersection to get a more unobstructed view.

Edit to add: I couldn't help but watch with a sense of wonder that we now live in an age that essentially everyone has a videocamera in their pockets, and where once being able to record an event was at best confined to one person who went to the trouble to carry and set up a large, bulky videocamera - now lots of people all record the same event from different perspectives. It's not so simple to write off something as a hoax so easily as it was back in the 50's when Project Blue Book was trying to debunk all the UFO sightings of the day from people's mere mental recollections and singular footage. Imagine if we'd had thousands of video images, each from a different perspective, of the Kennedy assasination, rather than the lone Zapruder film. The forensics would have been very different.

[This message has been edited by crazyd (edited 06-30-2011).]

NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
I don't see how these could be balloons. You see everyone looking up all excited, unless they are all 6 year olds, balloons just aren't that exciting;

The way that disc moved behind the clouds, pretty interesting.

It could be CG, but the way its darting behind the cloud seems a bit hard to fake. I would say this is some of the more credible footage to come along in a while. Would be interesting to see what becomes of it.

The bridge footage........no way those are balloons, they stay spaced apart uniformly in formation. That would be impossible to replicate or achieve with balloons, especially the right angle turns in perfect formation.

[This message has been edited by NickD3.4 (edited 06-30-2011).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Why constantly pan down to film the other people on the street?

That was my first clue.

If that happens to me, I'll be filming the UFO's and only the UFO's. The other people were definitely in on it. The guy thought ahead of time "If we pan to other people watching, then it'll add credibility."

And why was the second camera propped up like that, ready for it to happen, at just the right angle? Someone was holding it because it zoomed in.

I don't have sound so if any of these were addressed then my bad.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
maybe this is the cop in me, but I would want to film those around me to document others witnessing the event, especially for later referencing.
crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:
If that happens to me, I'll be filming the UFO's and only the UFO's. The other people were definitely in on it. The guy thought ahead of time "If we pan to other people watching, then it'll add credibility."

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, as Nick pointed out. There's nothing unusual about wanting to include people's reactions to an event - nearly every movie ever made has done that.

Originally posted by theBDub:
And why was the second camera propped up like that, ready for it to happen, at just the right angle? Someone was holding it because it zoomed in.

I think you may be interpreting it out of context. It was probably just cut to the relevant footage to spare us from having to watch five minutes of sidewalks, sewers, trashcans and tramps leading up to it.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyd:

I think you may be interpreting it out of context. It was probably just cut to the relevant footage to spare us from having to watch five minutes of sidewalks, sewers, trashcans and tramps leading up to it.

exactly right. have you watched a home video lately?...Iv'e started to edit mine to spare the boring long frames.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Did you notice the birds also in the begining of the first one. Apparently birds can fly thousands of mph too..... They moved as fast as the objects.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
You're both probably right.
It is pretty crazy... I wonder why that one kept coming back and forth.

"Hey Larry, the group already left!"
"Shut up, Bob, look down there at the monkeys looking up at us. They are so funny."
"Maybe we can convince the commander to let us keep one!"
"Bob, last time you did that you shoved a probe up his ass. They might be stupid animals, but they aren't lab experiments."
"I just wanted to see what was up there!"
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Some good points Cliff, but New Yorkers are famous for being unsurprised by anything, and I would suspect that Londoners are similar.

A guy getting mugged? Seen it. Celebrities walking the streets? No biggie. A guy playing the guitar in his underwear? Yeah, nothing special.

UFO's in the sky defying the laws of physics? Not something you see everyday and sure to make you stop in your tracks. Even New Yorkers or Londoners.

Two others are filming it though

Yet others seem to be completely apathetic to what's happening above them. Even though everybody nowadays will use their phones to film just about everything in hopes to get their 15 minutes of YouTube fame.

now lots of people all record the same event from different perspectives

Which is my point. That rarely ever happens. An event like this should have been filmed from hundreds of different perspectives.

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

It could be CG, but the way its darting behind the cloud seems a bit hard to fake.

Actually, that's incredibly easy to fake - an almost automated process in today's movie editing applications... Especially with the natural blue-screen 'n all.

maybe this is the cop in me, but I would want to film those around me to document others witnessing the event, especially for later referencing.

With all due respect, but I doubt you would turn the camera away from a crime in progress. As for an ordinary witness, the last thing on his mind would be to film bystanders. "You see that? That alien just popped his head out of his spacecraft!", "Sorry, missed it, I was filming you instead..."

There's nothing unusual about wanting to include people's reactions to an event - nearly every movie ever made has done that.

Again, I hardly see that happen - ever. For instance, I've seen a lot of amateur footage of the Japan Tsunami. Not a single one turned away from the action in order to film people's reaction. Likewise for all the amateur footage from all the uprising in arabic countries. People will film the action. Not the people watching the action.
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
I think Cliff's observations are right. When I first saw it I was wonder why someone was walking down the street filming. Ok, I'll buy that one. But I could only count 6 or 7 people that were shown looking up and not all at the same time. I can find 7 people to look up and point while I walk down the street filming and then join them. Finally, I would never take my camera off the object(s). Who cares about the people.

Statistically it's likely to be fake. The bridge shot is just too spurious to know.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 06-30-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
The Phoenix Lights were filmed for an hour by many people and seen by thousands. Flares were the eventual named source. However the flares which were pretty well proven only occured in the last 15-20 minutes of the sighting. They dont mention that the whole sighting ran from about 830pm till past 930 pm. The flares were only there around 10pm. The government just hoped you took the explanation of the flares and forgot about the other hour or so of the whole sighting. The object watched for the hour before the flares was visible flying a path several hundred miles long.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Which one, the string of lights over the hills or the triangle lights?

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 06-30-2011).]

NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post

The Phoenix Lights were filmed for an hour by many people and seen by thousands. Flares were the eventual named source. However the flares which were pretty well proven only occured in the last 15-20 minutes of the sighting. They dont mention that the whole sighting ran from about 830pm till past 930 pm. The flares were only there around 10pm. The government just hoped you took the explanation of the flares and forgot about the other hour or so of the whole sighting. The object watched for the hour before the flares was visible flying a path several hundred miles long.

actually, I was here during those lights. The flare theory was never proven, in fact its just plain stupid (not calling you stupid). Thousands of us who saw them including myself know what aerial flares are, their not that special. We all know where Goldwater test range is, and we see flares often. These were not flares. They hung in formation stationary for a very long time, over 15 minutes. Flares cannot do that. Also, flares give off some that is visible, and the parachute is often easily seen as well. They too IR software of the lights and compered them to flares, they didn't have a match.

I have seen these same lights late at night while on patrol in the middle of the desert. Their odd and not like anything I have ever seen.

Another issue.....thousands witnessed a massive black triangle flying slowly over phoenix. It was witnessed in North AZ as it moved over Phoenix and headed south toward Tucson. This triangle was to be the size of an aircraft carrier, and violated Sky Harbor airspace when it flew over.

not to mention, A-10s are damn loud.

TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
And only a handful thought to take a picture with their cell phone?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I saw a program where the investigator superimposed the video of the flares over the visible mountain range. I do buy the theory in general that portion of the sighting pretty well fits. The triangle like I said, dont fit into that. They really offered no explanation of that...just sorta swept it under the rug and hoped it would go away. In the Air Force I dropped flares, both the kind that just fell and the ones on parachutes. Theyre very distinctive and obvious what they are even to backwoods rice farmers. If I remember right, supposedly the flares were dropped by F16s which are much more stealthy than A10s. Ive even to this day heard no government mention of the triangle/boomerang object.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

X2- I didn't even see the bridge video until now. So, with several people taking pictures and/or video in the street corner video, shouldn't there be other sources? I have to admit that the one guy was very intent on videoing the "witnesses." Were both videos taken on the same day or within a few days?

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 07-01-2011).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

no way - not at them speeds.
ever see an airplane go in & out of clouds like that? pretty pokey. these things zipped. no balloon is gonna move that fast. and, the 2nd video shows there is much altitude, which was tough to judge in the first video.

OK a balloon with warp speed ability?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock