Started on: 06-29-2011 02:37 PM
Replies: 34
Last post by: theBDub on 07-01-2011 09:03 AM
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Winning!

I'm allergic to watermelon, and wouldn't you know it, I love watermelon. So every once in awhile I have a watermelon cocktail. Benadryl, and then 30 minutes later a watermelon chaser. Delish. Just had some. So if I don't post for awhile, you know the Benadryl had expired, and so did I.

Jim
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
AYFKM?
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

AYFKM?

Sorry, I am not into texting abbreviations. Translation please?

Jim
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterDirect Link to This Post

AYFKM?

Agreed.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
I think I figured it out. No I am not kidding. I'm not deathly allergic. It makes my throat swell. I guess if I ate enough, it could block my air passage. That's where the Benadryl comes in, and I only eat a small slice.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 06-29-2011).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Are You F***in' Kidding Me?

AYFKM
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Do you have an epi-pen?

This seems like an odd thread. especially when there's a happy anniversary one here too.

Don't wanna see a thread created by your spouse...regarding your untimely passing.

This is like someone saying they ocasionally let a snake bite them and then inject anti-venom...

This is not very logical behavior. swollen throats aren't something you want to mess around with...

asphyxiation= no fun
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Do you have an epi-pen?

This seems like an odd thread. especially when there's a happy anniversary one here too.

Don't wanna see a thread created by your spouse...regarding your untimely passing.

This is like someone saying they ocasionally let a snake bite them and then inject anti-venom...

This is not very logical behavior. swollen throats aren't something you want to mess around with...

asphyxiation= no fun

I appreciate the concern, but really I'm ok. I've done it before. The risk is minimal. It's more of an irritation than a risk. Kinda like breaking out in hives. I don't do it often. There are a lot riskier things than this I've heard discussed here, and no one bats an eye. I guess you care. Don't worry about the misses. I'm well insured, and she's been trying to off me for years.

Jim

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Is this some kind of joke?

For watermelon?

Brad
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Is this some kind of joke?

For watermelon?

Brad

Watermelon is good. Let me search the fatguy archives, I'm sure I can find worse.

Jim

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I thought I was the only man on earth that has an allergic reaction to watermellon.

Good to know I'm in good company
PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

I thought I was the only man on earth that has an allergic reaction to watermellon.

Good to know I'm in good company

Kindred spirits!

Jim

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
ALLERGIC TO WATERMELON??? I'm gonna have to take back your honorary "Black Guy" card!

Boy, I know I'm going to catch Hell for that one!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

ALLERGIC TO WATERMELON??? I'm gonna have to take back your honorary "Black Guy" card!

ROTFFLMGDAO !!!!!! .......leave it to you.....

**insert Al Jolsen joke here**

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I think it's very cool that you are willing to go for it.
Life's too short.
Take a bite!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-29-2011).]

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
The forbidden fruit is twice as sweet....
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

OOOhhhhh.....DONT go there .....seems banging the gf's best friend while the gf is on vacation is a BAD idea....15 years later and I still hear about it from the kids.....(Hey, it was xmas season, gf was away, her friend and I both tripped and the bed saved us from breaking bones on the floor --thats the storey and I am sticking to it)

Yeh, them forbidden fruits is what gets ya in trouble....
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

OOOhhhhh.....DONT go there .....seems banging the gf's best friend while the gf is on vacation is a BAD idea....15 years later and I still hear about it from the kids.....(Hey, it was xmas season, gf was away, her friend and I both tripped and the bed saved us from breaking bones on the floor --thats the storey and I am sticking to it)

Yeh, them forbidden fruits is what gets ya in trouble....

Proud of cheating?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

God I love fruit.
Today I stopped by a roadside stand selling strawberries not 10 feet from where they were picked.
Nom nom nom nom.
Soft, sweet, tart, with just the right amount of dirt on them to kick the expirience over the top!

Fobidden fruit?
Fugetaboutit!
No such an animal!
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

On the contrary... THAT was FUNNY!
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
I understand but, the irritation from carrots runs threw my entire intestines. I love carrots. The last time I had carrot salad it was at Hometown Buffet and too much food was on either side of the carrots. Oww, the pain. Beware of your symptoms changing.
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Ryan, do you realize you have almost 20,000 posts!?!
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
the watermelon wouldn't kill me but the benadryal would. i am allergic to it good thing i am not allergic to much just benadryal, poison ivy and mangos
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dudewithoutfiero:

the watermelon wouldn't kill me but the benadryal would. i am allergic to it good thing i am not allergic to much just benadryal, poison ivy and mangos

Heh, allergic to allergy medicine.
Now I have heard it all!

What do you take for an allergy to Benidryl........Jerryadryl?
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

X3. I was dangerously allergic as a child, much less so as I've gotten older, but I no longer have a taste for melons of any kind (except one, perhaps ).

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 06-30-2011).]

TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dudewithoutfiero:

I'm alergic to benadryl too. I got tachycardia after taking it. A heart rate >150 bpm while sitting motionless on the couch is not a fun thing for a middle-aged man to experience.
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:
, but I no longer have a taste for melons of any kind (except one, perhaps ).

one?!?!?

i don't know about you ,but the kind i like come in pairs....

[This message has been edited by tmur115 (edited 06-30-2011).]

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
One kind, my friend, one kind.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Watermelon is good. Let me search the fatguy archives, I'm sure I can find worse.

Jim

I understand that it's good ( I don't care for it personally), but if I was allergic to something I would avoid it, heck I don't eat foods that made me sick once let alone something that has the potential to kill me.

Brad
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I understand that it's good ( I don't care for it personally), but if I was allergic to something I would avoid it, heck I don't eat foods that made me sick once let alone something that has the potential to kill me.

Brad

Would you drive a car 200 mph, or perhaps a motorcycle? You could die doing that. Watermelon is my NASCAR!

Jim

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
What a colourful spectrum of personalities we have on this forum.
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I'm also mildly allergic to watermelon (and bananas). I get symptoms similar to what Jimbolaya described, except the throat swelling is very minor. And it makes the inside of my mouth itch like crazy. It feels like a thousand ants crawling around inside my mouth. And if I eat enough of it, my stomach will get a little upset.

Needless to say, I avoid those foods. But if I ate them, it wouldn't kill me. Not even close. It just feels uncomfortable.

That said, I think taking Benadryl so you can "enjoy the forbidden fruit" is kinda funny.

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya

Watermelon is my NASCAR!

Jim

Ha!
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Would you drive a car 200 mph, . .

Yes. I wouldn't need benadryl to do it, either.

[This message has been edited by heybjorn (edited 07-01-2011).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

bananas). I get symptoms similar to what Jimbolaya described, except the throat swelling is very minor. And it makes the inside of my mouth itch like crazy. It feels like a thousand ants crawling around inside my mouth. And if I eat enough of it, my stomach will get a little upset.

I thought that was just how bananas were!!!!!!!!!
That's an allergic reaction??
You just blew my mind!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock