Started on: 06-29-2011 08:07 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: hookdonspeed on 06-29-2011 12:22 PM
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
http://online.wsj.com/artic...TWhatsNewsCollection

Google Inc. launched its most ambitious social-networking effort yet, broadening a battle with Facebook Inc. to grab the attention of Web users and future advertising dollars.

The new service, a top priority for new Google Chief Executive Larry Page, is aimed at exploiting what has been considered a weakness of Facebook—that by default people using Facebook share all their information with a big group of friends.

The new Google social network, called Google+, was released Tuesday in a "field trial period," meaning it is an invitation-only product and will be available more broadly later.
Read more: http://online.wsj.com/artic...6.html#ixzz1QfM1VfKs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just what the world needs, another social media site.

Jim
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:
Just what the world needs, another social media site.

Google is 'interesting'.
Web searching (w/ subjective results)
Document editing
Video viewing and sharing (youtube + goole accounts are linked)
information gathering/caching
and social networking

I try to avoid 'social networking',(I'm an internet introvert, I suppose) but It's amazing (and a bit disturbing) just how intertwined everything is becoming... by default, my phone mixes all my contacts, email and social stuff, and makes it VERY easy to "share" among all of them. I have things separate, but it took some effort.

What I don't like is how relatively easy it is to have your website (or server)remotely Effed with from halfway around the world, or be a victim of ID theft, or all the other things you see here (in the FPP microcosm of the Net) and how difficult it is to get the authorities involved to stop it.

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Google is Skynet.

------------------
I will lay waste to your promise land.

Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:
(I'm an internet introvert, I suppose)

Yeah, right, Bacon Boy.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
its funny cuz its true

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock