California now has a Monsoon season? by FriendGregory
Started on: 06-28-2011 05:23 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: fierobear on 06-29-2011 04:14 PM
FriendGregory

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
I was in the process of fitting my new / used seats in the Fairlane and it starts pouring. It has been raining for hours now. ugh! Sunny California my butt.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Thunder storms have rolled into my town. All of this rain this year has been strange. I'm waiting for another tornado watch.

------------------
The bread crumbs eventually end somewhere.

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
Garbage can in front has about 3 inches of water in it now.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

Watch it, you are gonna get arrested for breaking enviro-nut water use laws.....
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearClick Here to Email fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
We always have. It is usually in August, when they get thunderstorms in the southwest (So Cal and Arizona). But this storm isn't monsoonal, it is actually a *winter* type storm from the Gulf of Alaska.

Winter Weather in California in late June

and

Cool Pattern Persists Along West Coast

I've lived in Northern California for 40 years, and cannot remember getting a storm anything like this so late in the season. Our rain typically ends in May.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Anyone remember the storm on Apr 4, 2010?

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 06-28-2011).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Anyone remember the storm on Apr 4, 2010?

Sorta....which female was it I pizzed off to cause THAT particular one ???.....I know April 9, 2010 was Linda--the upstairs neighbor-- when I told her that yes, I did like my goldfish more than that brat she called a kid......but I really dont remember who april 4 was.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 349
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageClick Here to Email BlacktreeSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Florida is called "The Sunshine State", but it rains almost daily from May until September. Talk about irony!
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearClick Here to Email fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Florida is called "The Sunshine State", but it rains almost daily from May until September. Talk about irony!

Yeah, that is strange. Typically, it stops raining here in mid to late May, and there is basically no rain until late September, sometimes not until November. The exception is when we get one or two days with monsoonal flow thunderstorms, and that's usually just scattered showers that last a few minutes. Getting a Gulf of Alaska storm just a couple days short of July is VERY out of character.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

3", does NOT a monsoon make.

I know monsoon, and that's no monsoon....wouldn't make a pimple on a monsoon's butt.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearClick Here to Email fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

3", does NOT a monsoon make.

I know monsoon, and that's no monsoon....wouldn't make a pimple on a monsoon's butt.

Dude, this is California. If L.A. gets a half inch of rain in one day, the lead story on the news is "STORM WATCH 2011!!!!"

"A storm drain was backed up on Olympic Blvd in West Los Angeles today, causing massive backups (one lane out of 3 closed) due to the storm of the year!"

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 06-29-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

We always have. It is usually in August, when they get thunderstorms in the southwest (So Cal and Arizona). But this storm isn't monsoonal, it is actually a *winter* type storm from the Gulf of Alaska.

Winter Weather in California in late June

and

Cool Pattern Persists Along West Coast

I've lived in Northern California for 40 years, and cannot remember getting a storm anything like this so late in the season. Our rain typically ends in May.

Don't you remember around 92-93 it rained all the way through June? It happens but not too often. This is rare but not unusual.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 06-29-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearClick Here to Email fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:
This is rare but not unusual.

Isn't rare unusual?

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 341
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianClick Here to Email PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
yes, it seems we had Monsoon season last month
likely the same water now flooding other parts
last year was a pretty wet spring as well
and, of course, other parts of the nation are on fire, likely because we are(were?) getting all their rainfall

maybe someone needs to be sacraficed to the gods? any virgins wanna setp up?

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/085368.html

[This message has been edited by Pyrthian (edited 06-29-2011).]

TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Isn't rare unusual?

Nope!
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

TK

10009 posts
Member since Aug 2002

Isn't rare unusual?

Nope!

Ok, I could have worded that better. A lot better.

Rain in June doesn't happen too often but it's not anything spooky or strange. I can remember it happening over the decades. In the 90's we had non-stop thunderstorms until July 1st one year. It's a bummer at best.

I sense you are measuring your words carefully on this one.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 06-29-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearClick Here to Email fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Nope!

Ok, I could have worded that better. A lot better.

Rain in June doesn't happen too often but it's not anything spooky or strange. I can remember it happening over the decades. In the 90's we had non-stop thunderstorms until July 1st one year. It's a bummer at best.

I sense you are measuring your words carefully on this one.

I would say "unusual but not impossible".

Yeah, I remember one June where the rains just kept going. We were wondering if it would ever be summer. Probably the year you mentioned.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock