Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  On the Topic Of Book Collecting - ATTN: boomme (and anyone else) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
On the Topic Of Book Collecting - ATTN: boomme (and anyone else) by Flamberge
Started on: 06-28-2011 02:07 PM
Replies: 47
Last post by: Marine1981 on 07-15-2011 08:29 PM
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boomme:

trying o keep it on topic of rare celebrity cars.....

BTW - If you're a real big King fan... I'm known as sir_boomme over on the http://thedarktower.org/
this is a huge group of king fans and has a group serious king collectors...
be warned though... once you start collecting rare king books - it can get very expensive.

just a few of my king books...

I thought I would continue our conversation in T/Ot so we don't jack the other thread, boomme.

I am a cheap book collector and place most of my value on books that hold sentimental value but almost no "real" value. THE DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER is one of my favorite novels of all time. It has always been ranked #1 or #2 on my list since I first read it, switching places with R.M. Meluch's WAR BIRDS.

I have a number of autographed copies of books - but only for other authors I've personally met. I also try to have them personalize the autograph ("to Patrick") because I don't ever sell them. I know that goes against most collectors' ideas, but oh well.

I've got signed and/or have met the following, mostly in Paperback (I collect both the hardcover and paperback if possible).

Orson Scott Card
R.A. Salvatore
Terry Brooks
Kevin J. Anderson
Rebecca Meluch
Brad Meltzer
Mike Stackpole
Robert Bakker
and many others I can't think of off the top of my head.

My most valuable (sentimental) books are my copy of WAR BIRDS in MM (never offered as a HC), and a Chicago 1st Edition Book of Mormon that belonged to an aunt that migrated to Utah over a century ago. She left the book with my grandmother and my grandmother gave it to me. Also my copies of PRIDE OF THE REPUBLIC (my first paid writing gig) and SUNSET (my comic book that got published in 2008.)

I have a lot of Stephen King novels in HC, including an outstanding copy of EYES OF THE DRAGON. I am slowly trying to collect all 7 DT hardcovers that match the latest covers. I am missing book 2 and 4, I think.

I'm always on the lookout at used books stores for Meluch novels and old Lustabader stuff (before he "mainstreamed") like THE SUNSET WARRIOR.

I would like to see your collection if you are offering. I have a buddy in Denver who is a serious level collector who paid his way through college via some of his collection (not kidding.) He collects a lot of signed British 1st Edition Forsythe books. I think he's missing a signature on the latest one or two because FF doesn't travel much outside of England anymore.

Good stuff!

Flamberge

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
boomme

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post
always love to find other bibliophiles! sound like you got some nice books... I for one don't share the philosophy that books should be flat signed rather than inscribed. I think more is better.
I've got some books signed to Terry by SK, but they were signed to a different Terry - ha ha.
I own a complete collection of King true 1st editions - both in U.S copies and in U.K 1sts. (plus a couple of other foreign King titles when they were true "world 1sts")

My King proof/advance reader editions are about 70% done...
and My limited editions are probably 90% complete.
Periodicals/Mags, college/highschool publications,etc with first appearnce of King stories are probably in the 80% range of being complete... though it seems that somehting is always surfacing.
here's a few pics of a few of my goodies:

signed proof edition of King's 1st novel Carrie (note the "Not for Sale/To be published on the back cover):

My

[This message has been edited by boomme (edited 07-01-2011).]

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

boomme

197 posts
Member since Feb 2011
This is what I consider to be one of King's most stunning limiteds (and one of my favorite reads)

The Stand - Uncut version:

it wood coffin tray case:

and signature/limitation page
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Flamberge- Every gamer nerd I know always has a few thousand books in their library besides their gaming books. Most well read hobbyists on the planet, methinks. Nice collection. I used to have a personalized message and Signature in one of the RA Salvatore novels. Unfotunately, I let a "friend" borrow it and never saw it again. Nor did he admit to what happened other than "I cant find it." Obviously we are not friends anymore. I think it got destroyed when his basement flooded (also his bedroom, lived with his uncle.)

I just hate it when people cannot fess up to destroying your items accidently. I would have understood.. but since he did not fess up, I dont understand at all.
boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post
A few years ago, I had the opportunity to buy the entire Doubleday files - (the now defunct) Doubleday was King's first publisher and published Carrie, The Stand (Original and the 1990 Uncut Version), Salem's Lot, and Pet Semetery
at the time, I think I paid 16 grand for the files... but they would be worth significantly more now.

I got boxes and boxes of stuff.... but here are a few the items:

original publisher photos used for the back jackets.

a mock up cover for the limited edition of The Stand (also shown are rejected proofing covers for Rose Madder - not form the Doubleday file)

letter from King to Doublday Publisher discussing a Donahue appearance and scripts for Pet Semetary and Different Seasons.

original signatures that King did to have printed on the book Pet Semetary... see if you can determine which one was finally used:

... This should help...

several in house proof reader copies of the Uncut Stand... with lots of corrections... these were very interesting to go through and gave a lot of insight into the publishing process.

[This message has been edited by boomme (edited 06-29-2011).]

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

boomme

197 posts
Member since Feb 2011
here is the publisher's copy of an admendment the contract for the Uncut Stand... (I also have the entire multipaged contract for this)
It's really cool to see who gets paid what and all the details of the naking of such an iconic book.

and here is an in house memo letter that talks about how Kirby McCauley - Kings literary agent- keeps screwing up... ha ha
I've got literally (pardon the pun) hundreds of pages and in house correspondance, etc like this.

I've also got several books that King signed and gave to Kirby including my favorite King book of all time... "It"

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

boomme

197 posts
Member since Feb 2011
here is King's first ever official story publication in any format

only five known copies of this exist.

King's High School newspaper... with his first published short story "Code Named Mousetrap"
(ony place this story has ever been printed) - if I ever meet King at a signing... this is the one item I plan to get signed for sure...
I have college era signed stuff... but as far as I know none of the 5 copies of this are signed.

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

boomme

197 posts
Member since Feb 2011
so here a some of the cases in my library... I have others in other rooms- but need to take pics of them...
these case pictures are almost 2 years old - their even fuller now... I've added tons of stuff, but haven't had a chance to catalog or photograph them....
I'll start with my Dark Tower collection, since you said that was your favorite King:
koontz 1st editions on top
from left...
DT1 lettered edition, signed Dt1 1st edition, DT 1 1st Paperback, DT1 1st UK copy (only published in paperback), DT1 1st Australian export (actually published before the UK 1st and exported to Austarlia), DT1 1st edition ( revised version ), note: DT1 is only DarkTower I don't have a proof for... only 4-5 exist...and they just don't come up for sale )
then the same pattern goes on for the DT2 execpt proofs and advance reader copies are included.

these pics also include signed artist editons of the DT books:

these shelves have since filled up.... I had to move the signed politcal memoirs to the other room.

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

boomme

197 posts
Member since Feb 2011
other signed SK limited editions (the painting on top was used as the centerpiece art for dark tower -The Wastelands:

I also collect limited Joe Hill ( Stephen King's son)

again... these are old photos... I have SOOO much more nowdays.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
HEY YOU TWO!
Don't think for a moment that you can have your little book club meetings at the same time as the FIERO meetings!
Start your own Fiero Book club!!

Did yo hear...another new member!! up to 16 now!!!

Oh and Terry....nice self portrait above the books! lol

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 06-29-2011).]

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post
some more Proof edition and advance reader editions:

US first editions (these have also expanded due to King putting out so many new novels in the past couple of years):

UK 1st editions (this pic is from 2008, so no newer UK books are shown):

PFF
System Bot
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
You ever sell any King stuff? I'd be interested in something cheap (I'm poor, as you know.)

We can take it to PM or in person if you like.

Also, if you want a rare signed copy of PRIDE OF THE REPUBLIC, I can probably procure one for you.

BTW I love your bookcases. I've wanted glass door bookshelves since I first saw them in Molly Brown's House in Denver. She has one of the coolest houses I've ever been in and if I'm ever a bazillionoaire, I'll incorporate a lot of the architectural features of that house into mine.
boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post
that's all for now... have to work... just to much stuff to post all of it.

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

HEY YOU TWO!
Don't think for a moment that you can have your little book club meetings at the same time as the FIERO meetings!
Start your own Fiero Book club!!

Did yo hear...another new member!! up to 16 now!!!

Oh and Terry....nice self portrait above the books! lol

What are you talking about? I would never do that! *innocent* (Try not to realize that even though I don't have a fiero, I DO have a book collection - meager though it might be.)
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Ya'll couldn't have a Fiero Book collection? gezzz at least drop us a bone if you are not going to have a Fiero in the club....
j/k
boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2011 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

You ever sell any King stuff? I'd be interested in something cheap (I'm poor, as you know.)

We can take it to PM or in person if you like.

Also, if you want a rare signed copy of PRIDE OF THE REPUBLIC, I can probably procure one for you.

BTW I love your bookcases. I've wanted glass door bookshelves since I first saw them in Molly Brown's House in Denver. She has one of the coolest houses I've ever been in and if I'm ever a bazillionoaire, I'll incorporate a lot of the architectural features of that house into mine.

I could.... sale this book:

and pay for this:

and have money left over... ha ha

I've said I'll retire on my books... problem is... once they are in my collection... I can't part with them... so never sold any (though I have traded duplicate copies for other books that I didn't own)

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Flamberge- Every gamer nerd I know always has a few thousand books in their library besides their gaming books. Most well read hobbyists on the planet, methinks.

That is my wife. Except no game books. I am pretty sure she has read ALL but her newest grabs. I think I have 37 1.5x1.5 foot boxes of books still packed, waiting for shelves.

letter from King to Doublday Publisher discussing a Donahue appearance and scripts for Pet Semetary and Different Seasons.

That is cool!! That was Satyricon in Knoxville that he mentions I believe. My mom was one of those hand shakers I am a huge King fan. My mom introduced me to him early on, reading me his stuff as bedtime stories

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 06-30-2011).]

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

and pay for this:

HOLY COW Terry!!! where was that??? why didn't you call your Fiero brothers for that car wash?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

dam now I will have to fire you from the club, unless you set that up for one of our meetings
OR bring them to the next meeting

Yes I am a dirty old man
boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

HOLY COW Terry!!! where was that??? why didn't you call your Fiero brothers for that car wash?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

dam now I will have to fire you from the club, unless you set that up for one of our meetings
OR bring them to the next meeting

Yes I am a dirty old man

ha ha... Marine and I have already suggested (see the girls with Fiero thread) that our next meet be at Twin Peaks -Round Rock...right down the road from you)... they have the Sat. car wash - and great food, booze and sports TV...not to mention the scenery.
It'd be really cool to have 12+ fieros show up all in a row for the ladies to wash.... what a great foto op that would be!

U need to make it happen boss!

[This message has been edited by boomme (edited 06-30-2011).]

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I don't usually have the desire to meet celebrities, and those that I have met, or worked for I never really had the desire to get their Autograph. That said if I had a hobby that included getting autographs, I would make it a point to have the person signing put the most bizarre things possible.

I can't come up with much off the top of my head for some reason, but I would think King may go for a "Better than Koontz" or "Your Mom was great last night."

Everyone has the "generic" quips on their autographed books, I want memorable words from a wordsmith!

Brad
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I don't usually have the desire to meet celebrities, and those that I have met, or worked for I never really had the desire to get their Autograph. That said if I had a hobby that included getting autographs, I would make it a point to have the person signing put the most bizarre things possible.

I can't come up with much off the top of my head for some reason, but I would think King may go for a "Better than Koontz" or "Your Mom was great last night."

Everyone has the "generic" quips on their autographed books, I want memorable words from a wordsmith!

Brad

Orson Scott Card wrote "glad to meet a fellow writer" in ENDER'S GAME.

Rebecca Meluch wrote "Tally ho!" in WAR BIRDS, and something different in each book she signed for me.
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
You guys are awesome.
boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Brad

that's funny brad... I do to when I get the chance...

I had a collie for 14 years (now passed away) that I had named "It" - after the the newest Stephen King novel that I was reading at the time.
Anyway, back in 06, Dean Koontz was doing a signing and I got the bookstore to get me an inscribed copy and mail it to me... I asked them to have Koontz sign the book To It (my dog).
thought that'd be funny to have Koontz sign a book to a King character.
So Kontz signed it as below...and added "from The Thing"

My collie died the next year... I got another pond puppy 4 months later... and named him "The Thing"
(then I got another dog he following month and named him "WORM")

last month, I got Robert McGammon to sign his newest novel "To It "also... so I have two signed book to my Collie...(or to a Stephen King character)
I know... I've got a weird sense of humor....

and this was a nice find... I was on my way to the Texas Book Festival to get some sigs... and stopped off at a half price book store to grab a 1st edition of amy tan's to get her to sign it.
I grabbed this copy off the shelf, and paid the half price for it, got it out to the car...opened it up and found this inscription in it already.
anyway, I took it to the festival, and got amy tan to sign /inscribe it again to me... appently the first inscription was to two good friends of hers that didn't think much of her artwork ha ha.
she was a little purplussed that she had gone through the trouble to sign and draw a picture in this years before, just to have them sale it to a half price books.
pretty funny..

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2011 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

boomme

197 posts
Member since Feb 2011
This is my newest lettered edition... Jack Ketchum's (another favorite author) The Woman... Letter E - 1 of 26 copies

I love that the Moraccan goat skin leather is made to look like human skin... and yes... those are real human bones attached to the front.
this book set me back 1250.00 (publisher's price) - but I just recently ordered and paid for a lettered copy of Stephen King's next limited edition to be produce... "IT"
finally! - though the publisher's price was 2000.00 for the lettered edition... the lettereds sold out in less than 10 minutes from the announcement
can't wait until it's published...

Jack Ketchum's The Woman - Lettered edition:
velvet traycase in metal cage with working padlocks:

case is embossed with figure

imported Moraccan goat skin leather, human bones, inlaid real human bones for raised lettered title

handmade, custom hand coloring, fabric endpapers, silk book mark, hand sewn pages on extremely nice rag paper

limitation/signature page - illustarted by one of my favorite artists - Caniglia ( I own several original paintings by him):
1 of only 26 lettered copies...

[This message has been edited by boomme (edited 07-02-2011).]

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2011 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

boomme

197 posts
Member since Feb 2011
a couple of my original CANIGLIA paintings:
Mother's of the Despair... this is a very large acrylic on canvas painting was used as the front cover for the novel Hexes:

The Healer - a large water color on paper- used for front cover of Michael Blumiin novel: "The Healer':

The Lamb and the Wasp- watercolor painting

this isn't a CANIGLIA... but I've always been a fan of Patrick Nagel's work... this is an original acrylic on board:

a couple of Allen Koszowski - used to illustrrate 1st printing short stories by Stephen King:

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

This is my newest lettered edition... Jack Ketchum's (another favorite author) The Woman... Letter E - 1 of 26 copies

I love that the Moraccan goat skin leather is made to look like human skin... and yes... those are real human bones attached to the front.
this book set me back 1250.00 (publisher's price)

Wow!!!
I have to tell you, if I had seen that in January, I would have likely been one of the 26 to order it. My wife would simply PLOTZ over something like that. I am not sure if either of us have read his work, I know I have not. But that is just an awesome book!

I guess to call you a collector would be a bit of an understatement!!
boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Wow!!!
I have to tell you, if I had seen that in January, I would have likely been one of the 26 to order it. My wife would simply PLOTZ over something like that. I am not sure if either of us have read his work, I know I have not. But that is just an awesome book!

I guess to call you a collector would be a bit of an understatement!!

If you want an extremely disturbing... but a great read.... try Ketchum's "the Girl Next Door"
you might loose some sleep over it though. before you put it down...and after.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

I've always been a fan of Patrick Nagel's work... this is an original acrylic on board:

See my comment on Nagel. I'm quickly starting to wonder if you are just me with more spending money.

Nagel is my favorite artist.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I <3 Nagel.

Ever notice a lot of beauty salons use that type of art?
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

FieroRumor

35007 posts
Member since Dec 2001
My friends are almost ready to publish this this - you should buy a copy and anjoy it.

Take a peek, please!

http://foreshadows.net/

Foreshadows: The Ghosts of Zero is a 19-story anthology of dark science fiction intertwined with a 19-track album of songs and soundtrack music, created collaboratively by a veritable shadow gallery of speculative fiction authors and musicians, under the banner of the Very Us Artists, to be published by Blindsided Books.

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

I <3 Nagel.

Ever notice a lot of beauty salons use that type of art?

Anyone alive in the 80s noticed!
PFF
System Bot
boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

My friends are almost ready to publish this this - you should buy a copy and anjoy it.

Take a peek, please!

http://foreshadows.net/

Foreshadows: The Ghosts of Zero is a 19-story anthology of dark science fiction intertwined with a 19-track album of songs and soundtrack music, created collaboratively by a veritable shadow gallery of speculative fiction authors and musicians, under the banner of the Very Us Artists, to be published by Blindsided Books.

thanks for the link... I'll definitely be checking it out!

yeah... I've been a Nagel fan since the 80's - back when I had enough hair to get perms ha ha - and was a duran duran fan...

(if you think I have a lot of books... you should see my vinyl collection)

anyway, after seeing a Nagel in the houston fine arts museum back in the 80's - I always said if I ever had money, I was going to own an original... so I bought this one about 10 years ago...

it's listed in the Nagel catalog...

page 70 (though it's listed incorrectly as acrylic on canvas, it is actually acrylic on board)

in the top picture, the large marilyn was done by california artist Roy Roybal.... all the other artwork are my own drawings/paintings/ photography
here's the other side of the room (though the door is now painted white with a red/white vertical pin-striped curtain)
the artwork is more of my stuff...

as you see, some of my work has been highly influenced by my love for Nagel...

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

boomme

197 posts
Member since Feb 2011
I'm about to send my latest drawing off to the framers...
it is pen/ink,and graphite pencil on vellum paper
to be framed with a with gray matt cut on a bevel to show the matt's black core as pictured.

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Boomme...I love your work!

Is any of it catalogued and, if so, do you have prints available?

PM me if you get a minute. Thanks!
boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Flamberge- Every gamer nerd I know always has a few thousand books in their library besides their gaming books. Most well read hobbyists on the planet, methinks. Nice collection. I used to have a personalized message and Signature in one of the RA Salvatore novels. Unfotunately, I let a "friend" borrow it and never saw it again. Nor did he admit to what happened other than "I cant find it." Obviously we are not friends anymore. I think it got destroyed when his basement flooded (also his bedroom, lived with his uncle.)

I just hate it when people cannot fess up to destroying your items accidently. I would have understood.. but since he did not fess up, I dont understand at all.

tbone... that is such a bummer about your book... I never loan out any signed books.... or read them... I have reading copies of each.
it really sucks to lose something like that... i had a extensive coin collection with many rarities that I had collected since I was 9 years old... when I was about 36, someone stole it from my rented duplex - I think it was the landlord or the roommate of the landlord... but never could prove it. 20 years later it still pisses me off so much I could spit.

I've owned my house for 4 years now... and so greatful I don't have to worry about crooked landlords or apartment personnel anymore.
boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

boomme

197 posts
Member since Feb 2011

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Boomme...I love your work!

Is any of it catalogued and, if so, do you have prints available?

PM me if you get a minute. Thanks!

strictly cataloged on my walls and in my closet... ha ha.
I have had a few shows over the years, and even sold a sculpture to my old Jr. college to be installed outside the finearts building... but that's about it.

I had the producers of the short film festival's " Jumping Off Bridges" request to use some of my bridge photo art in a scene... but then they ended up cutting out that entire scene... but at least I still got credits in the movie.

I pretty much do the art for myself as a hobby (I'm an computer chip design engineer by trade)

no prints as yet... but I've had a church requests some prints of some shots I took a couple of months ago... which i'll probably do for them.
pretty funny since I'm an athiest...

Baptist church in Pflugerville Texas:
Heaven's Just A Step Away"

"On a Hill Far Far Away"

"Spiritual Spectral Emanations"

"Texas Paint Job"

"Open To All" (reflection taken in the closed donut shop's window)

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2011 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post
no...this is NOT porno... it's just your dirty mind playing tricks on you...
a photo by me called:
"The Sex Inside One's Self "

[This message has been edited by boomme (edited 07-02-2011).]

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2011 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

boomme

197 posts
Member since Feb 2011
photos by me...
"City Trinity"

"Dinner, Diner's and Dives"

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2011 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post

boomme

197 posts
Member since Feb 2011
"Hell's Door"

"Yankee Doodle Ghoul"
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Color me impressed!!! You have some serious talent!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock