Started on: 06-27-2011 11:25 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: tbone42 on 06-27-2011 01:24 PM
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
What are the higher prices you have seen during 2011.

I went to my neighborhood barber shop today and a note on the door and inside that as of 7/1 prices would go up 20%. Albeit $10 to $12 for a cut, but a significant increse for something tha take about 5 minutes.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
"Official" inflation is relatively low, as it doesn't reflect all energy price fluctuations, but real consumer felt inflation is readily evident to most shoppers. Beef and pork in our local grocers has been the thing I've noticed the most, which I believe to be a result of drought in the southwest and flooding elsewhere. The USDA mid season acreage report is going to be very interesting.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Last time my wife went shopping she said bacon had doubled in price. The usually relatively inexpensive "Farmland" brand we get.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Coffee keeps going up. Otherwise, I haven't seen too many increases here outside of some produce. Milk is actually cheaper here than a few months back, as is cereal, pasta, many others.

Edit: we buy most of our meats and veggies from the local farmers nowadays... those prices are even cheaper than at the grocery, the product is fresher, and the meat is certified organic. Just had some MEAN lamb kebabs last night that were marinated in yogurt overnight. Awesome.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 06-27-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock