Started on: 06-23-2011 09:33 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: theBDub on 06-23-2011 11:14 AM
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm...where is Neptune's post on this? Oh...wait...it's a Democrat...shhhhhh!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Following Fierobear's post, where's the post saying "Huffington isn't a credible source"? Do we only follow a source when it aligns with our political gain?

EDIT: I didn't quote you, Fierobear, because this question isn't directed at you.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 06-23-2011).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:
Do we only follow a source when it aligns with our political gain?

Or, do we look elsewhere for confirmation. I would have to say though, that when a Dumb source outs a Dumb's actions, the act of outing gives credibility.
Actually, since the Huffington Post's and the AOL merger, I see a little more open honesty. Heh, might as well appear legit since it's gonna come out anyway.
In answer to your question weeks back, on if the news media (any side of the isle) lies, yes, yes they do. By not being as honest as they can. If a Mom suspected their child as being impaired, and asked "what's wrong with you, have you been drinking", when in actuality they had been smoking pot, and they said "no, i have not been drinking", to me that is a lie.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Or, do we look elsewhere for confirmation. I would have to say though, that when a Dumb source outs a Dumb's actions, the act of outing gives credibility.
Actually, since the Huffington Post's and the AOL merger, I see a little more open honesty. Heh, might as well appear legit since it's gonna come out anyway.
In answer to your question weeks back, on if the news media (any side of the isle) lies, yes, yes they do. By not being as honest as they can. If a Mom suspected their child as being impaired, and asked "what's wrong with you, have you been drinking", when in actuality they had been smoking pot, and they said "no, i have not been drinking", to me that is a lie.

I haven't noticed much change in Huffington, but this post DID surprise me because generally I'm not used to them outing another Democrat. So, like you, I found some credibility there.
I agree with you that that would be lying. I actually wasn't thinking of that at first, and now I'm going to look even further when I do my own little "lab report" on the credibility of sources. As it stands, I haven't had much time to really explore, but I think next week I will have more time to look into all sorts of sources and see what I think is the most reliable.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock