Started on: 06-22-2011 05:42 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: rogergarrison on 06-24-2011 09:11 PM
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Tesla is like the definition of smug ******* ...

Its a perception of ultimate "environmental responsibility" with a side effect of being "a sports car". Reality is, its not really that great as a sports car, and even worse at being environmentally friendly....

The fact that it costs double what a comparable car that runs on gas would cost... Is what gives it the highest smug output of any car on the planet.
IP: Logged
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Those are unreasonable. Im not. I would consider one with 10 year warranty (Hyundai does it already) at least 150 mile range on highway, $30K (average car price), and some body styling (like Tesla). That all seems pretty doable to me in the not so far future, except the price thing. What is unreasonable is a butt ugly car that goes 25 miles on a charge that costs $45K....and if you want to go farther its got a gas engine anyway just like the car it would replace....that I already have.

I would have to add one more thing to my requirements. When it runs out of juice you have to be able to refill to 100% capacity in the same time it takes to fill an average tank, and with the same level of convenience.

Also, idiot wasn't the right word. Irrational or insane would have fit better.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know Tesla bought the NUMMI plant. That is good news. That also means they are very serious about the Tesla Model S since that plant can crank out cars by the thousands per year. I hope some of the people that Toyota and GM laid off got hired by Tesla to run the plant.

Get ready to see a lot of Tesla Model S cars on the road in about 5 years.

http://www.teslamotors.com/...-northern-california

It (the NUMMI plant) is capable of producing half a million vehicles per year or approximately 1 percent of total worldwide car production.

[This message has been edited by Doug85GT (edited 06-24-2011).]

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:
I would have to add one more thing to my requirements. When it runs out of juice you have to be able to refill to 100% capacity in the same time it takes to fill an average tank, and with the same level of convenience.

Im still easy to please. Id be happy if one could get a full recharge in 2 hours. Could make that a dinner break on a longer trip. Just put a weatherproof plug at the parking spaces and a few buck charge could be put on your bill. That could be possible. Ive seen a new commercial for Craftsman screw guns that use Lith-ion battery. It has a switch you flip for a fast recharge (I think its a full 4 hour recharge in like 3 minutes.)

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 06-24-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock