Started on: 06-20-2011 11:43 AM
Replies: 190
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 06-24-2011 08:43 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

So are you equating doing foolish/inane things for a movie with drinking and driving?

Nowhere in this thread did I state that, or even hint at that. Where are you getting this from?

My point was that the drinking and driving was the "one act" that killed him and by which some seem willing to judge his whole life...

And my point was that Ryan Dunn spent what appears to be his entire "adult" (I use that term loosely) life doing stupid things, the ultimate of which was getting pissed and killing someone and himself while driving recklessly.

I'm not judging Ryan Dunn on "one act". Actually, I haven't judged him at all. I haven't stated he deserves to go to hell. I haven't stated he deserves anything, unlike Brennan (theBDub) who clearly stated that Ryan Dunn deserved what he got. (Quote provided if necessary.)

I'm looking at a whole magnitude of his nonsense over many years and I've made the decision not to feel any "sorrow" for Ryan Dunn. That's it.

Are you able to see how what you said might be misinterpreted?

Perhaps you missed my earlier post from Here.

Originally posted by Patrick:

These kind of discussions would be so much simpler done live in a room together. Way too many misunderstandings this way, and way too much typing!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-24-2011).]

IP: Logged
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I'm done talking about Boonie. Period.

I'm not.
It's my favorite subject.

Patrick & I have known each other for quite some time.
We are both passionate about our feelings.
And sometimes imperfect in our expression of them here.
But I believe even then there is a lot to be learned & gained.
Just by the engagement alone.
In the written word, affecting each other is a good thing.
In both the reading AND the writing.

A half a click back or so Patrick P.M'ed me in depth about what he was saying and what he was trying to say, just to make sure that I did not missunderstand.
An honorable act in my opinion.
A trait I aspire to.

Some here have spoke for me, to me, and opposite of me.
And each good men, one & all.

Makes me proud to even know guys like you. (untill each and every one of you piss me off for like the hundredth time again!)

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-23-2011).]

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

No where in this thread did I state that, or even hint at that. Where are you getting this from?

ummm... here.

Ryan Dunn made an entire career out of being a jackass! This was simply icing on the cake for him.

His career and the drinking and driving are totally separate IMO.

Perhaps you missed my earlier post from Here.

Not at all, and I didn't miss this one either.

The fact that it's more than one of us who's having this apparent problem, and that it's occurring repeatedly, suggests to me that you're just not explaining yourself very well then!

I assume I have misinterpreted what you said but it did read as a somewhat negative comment IMO. But no harm no foul if that was not the intention.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-23-2011).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Barry, seriously, I don't see how my comment "equates doing foolish/inane things for a movie with drinking and driving".

Driving while pissed and killing people is on a much grander jackass scale than the usual tripe.

Ryan Dunn made an entire career out of being a jackass! This was simply icing on the cake for him.

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Barry, seriously, I don't see how my comment "equates doing foolish/inane things for a movie with drinking and driving".

Driving while pissed and killing people is on a much grander jackass scale than the usual tripe.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick:

[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!! One has nothing to do with the other. That's my point!!!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Patrick & I have known each other for quite some time.

Yeah, and you're still full of surprises. Thanks Boonie.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-23-2011).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36239 posts
Member since Apr 99

EXACTLY!! One has nothing to do with the other. That's my point!!!

Barry, with all due respect, I can use whatever information I please in regards to how I feel about someone dying. Sorry, but you are making no sense to me.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Barry, with all due respect, I can use whatever information I please in regards to how I feel about someone dying. Sorry, but you are making no sense to me.

Really you don't see the comparison you made????

Saying that his acts of stupidity in movies somehow was an example of one of many that ended with another "act of stupidity" in drinking and driving.

And with all due respect I could care less about what information you use about someone dying.

Like I said it relates very well to the riots, people can say that the recent riots are just icing on the cake for Vancouver couldn't they? They could mention many things that happened over the years in Van and this just being another example. I think it would be wrong but anyone is entitled to their opinion.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Barry I fully understand what you are trying to say.
And neither of us is attacking Patrick.
But Boonie didn't take offense to what was said, so it's a moot point now.
Patrick PM'd me... I'm dropping it. Maybe I'm just being argumentative. I don't think so, but I would rather not go on when neither one of us are seeing what the other is saying.
I thought it was rude, but my opinion doesn't matter if the target wasn't offended.

Patrick, I'm sorry for arguing over nothing. It was pointless. I still don't fully understand it, but I don't have to understand everything to accept it

Boonie, it's a wonderful pleasure knowing you as well.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Guys, all I can say is that sometimes an internet forum really, I mean REALLY sucks when it comes to communicating with one another.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:
But Boonie didn't take offense to what was said,..........

Well, I didn't say that, exactly......
PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Guys, all I can say is that sometimes an internet forum really, I mean REALLY sucks when it comes to communicating with one another.

Now that we can agree on.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

[B

Saying that his acts of stupidity in movies somehow was an example of one of many that ended with another "act of stupidity" in drinking and driving.

Just wow. The guy lived it, and you can only refer to his movies? Quit twisting what we are saying, especially when you can't decifer reality from movies. And FYI, those movies are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to a life long of them living as Jackass.

Tony
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Just wow. The guy lived it, and you can only refer to his movies? Quit twisting what we are saying, especially when you can't decifer reality from movies. And FYI, those movies are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to a life long of them living as Jackass.

Tony

I guess, like I said I really didn't follow this mans life. I didn't think I was twisting anything just that I would not want to be judged by some of the stupid crap I've done over the years if it had of ended my life at the time. All are entitled to feel whatever way they want about such an incident IMO.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-23-2011).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Completely.
I would be willing to put a whopping $10 on the table to bet that if we were all in person, nobody would be in an argument.
If there was an argument, it'd be resolved within minutes.
Anyone wanna bet against me?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

No, but there were a few times during the course of this discussion that I would've loved to have gotten a few of you on the ice in full hockey gear.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

No, but there were a few times during the course of this discussion that I would've loved to have gotten a few of you on the ice in full hockey gear.

Hockey gear? Let's just brawl it out without the gear.
But Newf goes first. I'll come in second
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Hockey gear? Let's just brawl it out without the gear.
But Newf goes first. I'll come in second

And I will be over in the corner verbing my smooth all over ya'all's women.

"Silly boys. So, what'cha doing later? Ever seen an Ice Worm?"
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

No visors, no gloves.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

A half a click back or so Patrick P.M'ed me in depth about what he was saying and what he was trying to say, just to make sure that I did not missunderstand.

A correction: It was Twofatguys that did that.
Patrick was trying to do it here, and I got confused.

But I do feel the same way about Patrick as I do about Fats when it comes to being an honorable guy.
Unfortunatly though, he will just have to ride Twofatguys coat tails on this one.

And thanks Fats.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-23-2011).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

A correction: It was Twofatguys that did that.
Patrick was trying to do it here, and I got confused.

Pretty funny.

Boonie, now you know why I said (both here and in my actual PM to you) that you were full of surprises.

I was wondering if perhaps you got someone else's PM confused with me, but I thought..."Nah, nobody could do that".

And yes, Brad's a good guy.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I was wondering if perhaps you got someone else's PM confused with me, but I thought..."Nah, nobody could do that".

NOTE TO SELF: Never NEVER NEVER stop self-medicating prematurely!
DOH!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Completely.
I would be willing to put a whopping $10 on the table to bet that if we were all in person, nobody would be in an argument.

Define resolved.

Are any of us at this "meeting" (besides me) gonna be armed?
(I wanna know what to watch out for)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-24-2011).]

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Completely.

Does it have to be over this? Cause I still have a few past issues that, once in person would come to a head pretty fast. Though, in thinking about it I guess it would be resolved pretty fast. Perhaps not to the satisfaction of both parties....

Brad
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Define resolved.

Hey, as long as at least one man still lives, it's resolved. If everyone dies though, then it's up in the air.
I might have a knife, but only with a 4 inch blade, and it's kinda blunt from using it so often on bandits and other villains of the city.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

If everyone dies though, then it's up in the air.

Sounds a lot like the last minute Ryan Dunn had with his passenger.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Sounds a lot like the last minute Ryan Dunn had with his passenger.

You could make some awful jokes about the last thing that went through Ryan Dunn's mind, but I'm not going to do it. My ratings bar has already taken a pounding.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
No, I couldn't.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I bet you could.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36239 posts
Member since Apr 99

I'll be the guy with the hockey stick, although I suspect I'll be terribly outgunned (literally).

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-24-2011).]

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
I'm not reading all 5-6 pages of this, but i'll tell you all I drove past the wreck site on my way home (1 mile from my work) on wed, what a circus. Sure, he made money doing stupid stuff, and never grew up and became a bigger jacka$$ off the screen, thinking he is holier than thou god of Chester County, PA.... now that is my opinion and about 75%+ of the opinion of the people who live within 30 mins of him and Bam.

And FYI he was doing 140+ mph on rte 322, and missed the turn onto the ramp to PA RTE 100 with a stop sigh at the end. Not to mention you cant make the turn onto the ramp at more than 45mph, he's glad he didnt kill someone else.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock