Started on: 06-20-2011 11:43 AM
Replies: 190
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 06-24-2011 08:43 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

In my view people "tune out" all the time in various ways, substance abuse being just one of many options.

I agree drinking and driving is a terrible thing but that can be included in a long list as well. If a person is under the influence of prescription drugs and drives is it equally as wrong? What if a person works his/her ass off, is tired but drives and falls asleep at the wheel? What if he had been texting and speeding? ...etc

People die young and take others lives all the time but I can't say I wish anyone to experience the loss of another, no matter how it happens.

Show off!
It took me THREE pages to say that!

EDIT: Now FOUR!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-22-2011).]

IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I am not religious.
I was only reminding those that are of what their guidebook sez.

Thanks for the laugh.

Newf... Exactly.

Yes, being under the influence of prescription drugs is not a good idea when driving. As long as those drugs affect your ability to operate a motor vehicle. Heck, even an electric vehicle.

If you are too tired to operate said vehicle, then that too should definately be included.

Texting must definately be up there with drunk driving. I am sorry, but a youngin texting and driving is dangerous. And an oldie shouldn't do it either, even if they own the Jitterbug.

Tony
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
We are defined not by what we say but by our actions. They speak for themselves and define our character.

------------------
Ron

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

We are defined not by what we say but by our actions. They speak for themselves and define our character.

Correct.
Not action, actions.
The actions of the ever-evolving human being, with all the faults, as well as the glorys.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-22-2011).]

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I would bet that more then a few people posting here have drank-&-drove.
Or stole.
Or cheated.
Or lied.
Or sped.
Or trespassed.
Or hit a woman.
Or done something criminal or stupid at a moment in your life.

PM sent

Brad
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I edited your list for myself:

Or stole.
Or cheated.
Or lied.
Or sped.

I used to drive drunk all the time and I live in a major metropolitan area. I would sit in traffic on a Friday night and have a 12 pack in my truck. I would also "toast in the air" the person in the vehicle next to me. Most of the time it would be taken lightly but you would get the occasional woman who would squint her eyes or frown at me. Those were my younger days.

Back on topic, it is sad to see Ryan die like this. He also killed the co-producer of Jackass 2 who was also the stunt driver of some of the vehicle scenes. This is a shame

Edit to add.......I just read this bullshit and now we will see what happens with these sick bastards when the Jackass guys get ahold of them:

In a statement which will no doubt cause fresh anguish for Ryan's loved ones, Westboro Baptist Church proclaimed: 'Ryan Dunn is in hell,' adding: 'WBC will picket any public memorial/funeral held for Dunn, warning all not to make a mock of sin, & to fear & obey God.'

Westboro was started by the Rev. Fred Phelps in 1955. The website for the group outlines plans to send parishioners to Philadelphia to protest at the funeral in Philadelphia.

Funeral director Joseph DellaVecchia told CNN today that he didn't expect any disturbances at the memorial- but admitted he had heard of Westboro's plans.

He told CNN: 'We can’t stop someone from coming to a public funeral, but this is private, and the police have everything under control.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...n.html#ixzz1Q4IMoCBt

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-23-2011).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Explane why I am what I am?

I hope that's not a question you're asking me, 'cause if it is, I'm bailing!

Seriously though, I wasn't being critical of not knowing more about you. I was simply clarifying that we don't know everything about you (and don't need to know everything about you), even though you've done your best to lay it all out over the years.

Better for me was all I ment.

Maybe so, but honestly, your comments that I quoted do NOT read that way... no way.

I am not suffering.
Well, maybe I am in the fact that I wish people could try to see what I am trying to say.

If you don't believe that many of us make the effort, you are sadly mistaken.

Boonie, as idealistic as you are, you are not always right... and neither am I. Let's just leave it at that.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36402 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Just found this... (Another disclaimer... While I don't condone drunk driving, I do feel sad for the families.) Oh yeah, and FAQ westboro church!

I don't have the time of day for any of the Jackass movies or TV shows, but I'd pay to see the remaining Jackassess take on the Westboro Baptist Church morons in a UFC sanctioned cage match!
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
Wow..just wow.

Cliff you should just close the thread...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-23-2011).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
This should be a poster child of don't drink and drive.
Sometimes losing a person we admire sends a strong message.

I could tell ya about my friend in High Scool dieing in a drunk driving thing , but it would not affect YOU in any way. A popular person Like Ryan, yeah sit and think before driving.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Hold my beer and watch this ....
Not directed only at the jackazzes who drink and drive.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero go fast:

Wow..just wow.

Please feel free to explain this statement.

I take it that you are angry about a discussion involving the stupidity of drunk driving? Am I wrong?

This is something that I do not want swept under the rug. I have strong opinions about driving under the influence, and if it isn't sugar coated enough for ya, then tough cookies.

Tony
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Wow..just wow.

I agree… someone should start a new thread on the dangers of drinking and driving… this was supposed to be a thread for a dead guy!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Wow..just wow.

Why?

Sure, Patrick is being a dick to Boonie, but at least Boonie has enough class to not let it get to him.
I think this thread holds a lot of good in it.

My own thoughts:
If someone raped a woman and stabbed her to death, then took off in a car and crashed in a police chase, many here would say "Good. He deserved it."
I would mostly agree. And I feel the same way here. It's not that he was an evil person with the intent of harm, but he wasn't blameless.
He made the choice to drive drunk. He was also responsible for the passenger's life. He killed his friend with a choice. He deserved this.
However, I feel for his friends and family, and hope that through this death, they can see the dangers of some stupid acts and gain positive influence.
I never wish death upon anyone. Never have or will do for the Jackasses.
I feel for Ryan's parents. I feel for Bam. I feel for everyone around him who has just lost a friend.
And I hope they can all see this and realize that idiotic behavior really can be dangerous--and not only to yourself.

My feeling for Ryan's friends and family doesn't make Ryan my idol. I do wish the lessons that will be learned didn't have to happen this way... and I wish his death didn't happen. I wish it was just an accident... and they all had a similar impact just knowing "how close" it was. None of that means that I worship the guy. And if I can read correctly, I think that's all Boonie is trying to say.
Unfortunately, some here disagree, and think that compassion comes out to the same thing as idolizing.
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Please feel free to explain this statement.

I take it that you are angry about a discussion involving the stupidity of drunk driving? Am I wrong?

This is something that I do not want swept under the rug. I have strong opinions about driving under the influence, and if it isn't sugar coated enough for ya, then tough cookies.

Tony

Yes you are wrong. I'm not angry at all.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Yes you are wrong. I'm not angry at all.

Then I am sorry. I have had an issue with internet translations this past couple of days, and apologize.

Tony

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Wow..just wow.

Why, because some beliefs have been challenged? Because some toes have been stepped on?

This thread is pretty tame. What's your problem?

Originally posted by theBDub:

Sure, Patrick is being a dick to Boonie...

That's rather ignorant of you to state that, Brennan. No one gets a free ride here... not you, not Boonie. If I've posted something offensive to your tender sensibilities, instead of taking the chickensh!t route you just did, quote me and explain what you didn't like.
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
No one gets a free ride here?? Patrick do you see it your duty to be an ashole to everyone? Maybe it should say that under your user name "resident ashole ". And quote what he doesn't like about what you said? How about all of it? You never have anything constuctive to add to this forum, ever. Boonie tries to show his point in a respectful manner, and your just off in Patrick-land with your hands over your ears (or eyes?) it's too bad you didn't get the boot the other day with your "clever" rule breaking

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 06-23-2011).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

...it's too bad you didn't get the boot the other day with your "clever" rule breaking

You could at least supply a link if you wish to smear me.
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
And now your going to play dumb? Your NSFW thread With the pretty ladies
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
Post a link.

[EDIT] Your input into this discussion is so much appreciated. Real nice that you'd post a vague reference to some other thread (that has nothing to do with this topic), hoping I suppose that people who don't know what the heck you're talking about would form some sort of negative opinion of me. If you had posted a link to that thread, people would've actually been able to see that I was simply trying to stop vulgar material from being posted here. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-23-2011).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

That's rather ignorant of you to state that, Brennan. No one gets a free ride here... not you, not Boonie. If I've posted something offensive to your tender sensibilities, instead of taking the chickensh!t route you just did, quote me and explain what you didn't like.

It's not ignorant. I knew exactly why I was saying what I said.
You aren't a dick. I said you were acting like one. You didn't offend me in any way; you just surprised me by bringing up Boonies lifetime healing as if it somehow degrades his opinion on the matter.
I won't quote you because I disagreed with your whole premise. In my post above, I clearly stated my opinion and why it backs Boonie's up, while also combating your mentality that those that hold Boonie's view somehow worship this behavior, or even simply excuse it. I showed why that wasn't true in my post.
Now, instead of just saying I don't get a free ride, why don't you look at my opinion and tell me why my thoughts mean that I excuse drunk driving. Because that's what you claimed of Boonie, and it wasn't true. I showed it to not be true, and you didn't combat it. So is this an apology?

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

You never have anything constuctive to add to this forum, ever.

I very much disagree. Patrick is very useful in getting people to think for themselves, and question thoughts that others might just say "Yeah" to. I think he's a valuable asset... he just comes across poorly.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 06-23-2011).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

You didn't offend me in any way; you just surprised me by bringing up Boonies lifetime healing as if it somehow degrades his opinion on the matter.

That is so freakin' wrong. I said nothing of the sort. You need to re-read what I posted, because that is NOT what I was stating or implying at all. That's disgusting for you to even suggest that.

[EDIT] Brennan, this is why you need to quote me. I want to know where exactly you (or anyone else) is getting this crazy idea that I would use Boonie's "lifetime healing" somehow as an excuse to "degrade his opinion on the matter". Honestly, I'm shocked that you or anyone else (or possibly Boonie!) would think this.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

----------------------------------

I have all that capacity.
And really no heart for hate.
Just sorrow.

And I believe mine is the better way.
And who had to self-medicate for 30 years?

^^That's what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

I said what I said in reference to your comment "it would be easier on your system". I saw it as a personal attack against Boondawg, because you referenced his substance issues the post before hand.

I feel that a personal is unnecessary and pretty low, considering the issue in this thread.

If I misunderstood that statement, and it wasn't a personal attack, I'm sorry.

Boonie loves to give us little snippets into his life. He gives us enough to intrigue us, but not enough to explain why he is what he is. It's none of our business anyway, so I'm not asking for those personal details, but we can't help but be left wondering what it is that drives our Boonie.

Recently, Boonie responded Here to something I had asked, and he mentioned the three decades of his self-medicating. This isn't the first time (not by a long shot) that this has come out in Boonie's posts.

People who self-medicate are usually trying to numb the pain, either physical or emotional. I suspect it's no doubt emotional pain that Boonie has tried for years to push into the background. Reading this current thread, it's obvious that Boonie feels sorrow, feels pain over the death of some guy who many of us think very little of. Boonie even expressed his opinion that his way of dealing with this death was somehow superior to how the rest of us feel about the situation.

Just sorrow.

Is it really the "better way" when it results in (or at least adds to) decades of struggling to deal with emotional anguish? Sorry, but I suspect most of us would prefer to deal with life (and death) in a manner that doesn't require us to tune out on a regular or continual basis.

BlackEmrald, the comments of mine that you've referenced here were simply my way (blunt as they were) of telling Boonie that he makes it much more difficult for himself (for his "system") by investing so much emotional energy into the death of a complete stranger, a complete stranger who hardly died an honorable death.

There are plenty of decent people who die every day. Among them are wonderful, inspiring, extraordinary people who have touched others in profound ways during their lifetimes. I suggest we save our tears for them.

I definitely was NOT making a personal attack on Boonie. I just hate to see our forum friend suffering (especially in this situation) for so little reason.

This entire post puts Boonie down. It claims that because of Boonie's past, his judgment is skewed because he's "driven" by something different. And you try to "explain" to him how he's supposed to think.

Maybe I did completely misinterpret it. But two posts in a row were read by me thinking the entire time ""
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

This entire post puts Boonie down. It claims that because of Boonie's past, his judgment is skewed because he's "driven" by something different. And you try to "explain" to him how he's supposed to think.

No.

Brennan, there's a lot in the second quote you've provided, so you'll have to narrow it down and tell me what it was that's somehow putting Boonie down.

In regards to the first quote, Boonie has often gone on about the "sorrow" he feels over any number of things in life. He's a compassionate guy. Believe it or not, so am I. However, I try to draw the line so I don't get overwhelmed. It seems to me Boonie doesn't attempt to do that. He feels everyone's pain, he feels everyone's anguish.

That's all very well and good, the man wishes to be a saint, but what has that led to for Boonie? Well, he's told us... Years and years of trying to numb all this pain and anguish with his self-medicating.

And then Boonie posted... "And I believe mine is the better way."

Sorry, but I suspect Boonie's way isn't the "better way", not for me at least. I don't wish to spend half my life stoned in order to cope with all the world's injustices. I'm not saying this to be insulting. This is what Boonie himself has told us a hundred different times a hundred different ways here over the years.

So yes, I certainly don't agree with all of Boonie's comments (and I believe that's still allowed here), but to say that I was trying to be a "dick" to Boonie or that I was trying to "degrade" Boonie's opinion because of his "lifetime of healing" is just so wrong, wrong, wrong.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

No.

Brennan, there's a lot in the second quote you've provided, so you'll have to narrow it down and tell me what it was that's somehow putting Boonie down.
That's all very well and good, the man wishes to be a saint, but what has that led to for Boonie? Well, he's told us... Years and years of trying to numb all this pain and anguish with his self-medicating.

And then Boonie posted... "And I believe mine is the better way."

I think I see what happened, but I probably will be of no help.

For the record I agree with Patrick here, and also have no ill feelings toward Boonie (though I still don't like the way he looks at my butt).

Bdub, Patrick didn't mean healing, he just meant getting high to avoid things, forget things, or deal with things. The "self medicate" term was used as a nicety so it wouldn't reflect as poorly on Boonie and had nothing to do with healing.

Most of the forum is against smoking Mary Jane , and Boonie has been very open about his use. I believe that he hasn't "medicated" in a long time from what I remember.

I think saying Boonies judgment is based on his past a fair assessment. Everyone's judgment is based on what they experienced in the past. You, me, and even Boonie. That doesn't mean that one, or even any of us is correct, it's all a point of view. We talk, try and find a middle ground, see nekkid pictures of Boonies 'ol lady, and go on, hopefully just reading, and trying to keep as open a mind as possible allows us all to learn.

Heck, even I learned a few things from this thread, that doesn't mean I agree with it, just that I learned.

Brad

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Or stole.
Or cheated.
Or lied.
Or sped.
Or trespassed.
Or hit a woman.

Is that how you want others to only think of you as or remember you for?
That was your defining moment?
That was who you were?

I always wondered why I felt so alone.
It appears becouse I am.
I posess the capicity to feel sorrow for the whole of the tragedy.
The victims, the families, the friends, the people that loved them, the workers that had to clean up the mess, the doctors that had to declare another preventable time-of-death, and even the mortician that had to put another body in the ground before it's time.

Just sorrow.

Surly the Christains posting here feel the same?:

And who had to self-medicate for 30 years?

Boonie, I like you very much, but I think you're way off base in your sentiments expressed for this guy.

Honestly I think this is where people are thinking you were off base in regards to Boondawg, myself included. You took his post out of context IMO. Looks to me like he was talking about Christianity and people who say they live what books like the Bible preach when in reality they don't seem to at all. He also appears to be asking who among us can say that they haven't done something extremely stupid or reckless and that if it had killed us or another would it be a reflection on our entire person?

At least that's what I got from it but I've misinterpreted things many times before.

Also some of the smartest, deepest, most caring and compassionate people I've ever met have self medicated themselves in various ways, some even killed themselves doing it too. I believe there is a saying about walking a mile in another mans shoes...

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-23-2011).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

For the record I agree with Patrick here, and also have no ill feelings toward Boonie (though I still don't like the way he looks at my butt).

Bdub, Patrick didn't mean healing, he just meant getting high to avoid things, forget things, or deal with things. The "self medicate" term was used as a nicety so it wouldn't reflect as poorly on Boonie and had nothing to do with healing.

Absolutely. I have no idea how Boonie's "healing" had anything to do with what I posted.

Brad, thanks so much. Not only does it appear that you understood what I was saying to Boonie, but you've also got the guts to speak up. Much appreciated, thank-you.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36402 posts
Member since Apr 99

You took his post out of context IMO.

As you've possibly done to mine?

I quoted what I felt was relevant, and I responded to what I had quoted.

Also some of the smartest, deepest, most caring and compassionate people I've ever met have self medicated themselves in various ways, some even killed themselves doing it too.

And that was exactly my point, Barry. I don't regard this as the "better way" of dealing with other people's pain and anguish.

I'm not going to be made to feel guilty by Boonie or anybody else because I don't choose to feel "sorrow" over some guy who's main claim to fame was to stick a toy car up his ass for a laugh, and who then proceeded to kill someone (as well as himself) by driving recklessly while drunk as a skunk. Sorry, ain't going to happen.

These kind of discussions would be so much simpler done live in a room together. Way too many misunderstandings this way, and way too much typing!

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

And that was exactly my point, Barry. I don't regard this as the "better way" of dealing with other people's pain and anguish.

I'm not going to be made to feel guilty by Boonie or anybody else because I don't choose to feel "sorrow" over some guy who's main claim to fame was to stick a toy car up his ass for a laugh, and who then then proceeded to kill someone (as well as himself) by driving recklessly while drunk as a skunk. Sorry, ain't going to happen.

I wouldn't expect anyone to feel sorry for some guy who they don't know, I certainly didn't lose much sleep over this guys death but I imagine he had plenty of loved ones and admirers (No matter what you or I might think of his antics) that did.

Like I said can any of us claim we never have done anything illegal or if not maybe even stupid enough to take our own and maybe anothers life? Yes, we all get it, drinking and driving is bad, reckless, stupid...etc but so are plenty of other things and to me judging someones life or worth over one act is difficult but at the same time I understand how many can and do judge.

Both yours and Boonddawgs opinion are completely valid IMO, so the problem I have I guess is that you seemed to judge his as less or more wrong than your own by insinuating he had a reason based on something negative. Like I said that's the way I read it anyways. A similar example how I read it would be if someone knew that a person who was totally callous towards to this mans death felt that way because they had a relative who died or was injured by a drunk driver. Sure we might think "obviously they will be against the drunk driver and want him to rot in hell" but that may not be the case at all and too assume such is not fair IMO.

There are plenty of perfectly valid reasons for being on either side of such an issue no matter what happened in ones background.

(Anyways I shouldn't be puttingwords in either persons mouth but I am just saying it is how I read and interpreted the thread?

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

...and to me judging someones life or worth over one act is difficult but at the same time I understand how many can and do judge.

One act??!!!

Excuse me Barry, but Ryan Dunn made an entire career out of being a jackass! This was simply icing on the cake for him.

Both yours and Boonddawgs opinion are completely valid IMO, so the problem I have I guess is that you seemed to judge his as less or more wrong than your own by insinuating he had a reason based on something negative.

I've run out of ways to say the same thing over and over.

I disagreed with Boonie, I was not "judging" him.

I have no idea why anyone with no preconceived notions on my opinion of Boonie would think I was "insinuating he had reason based on something negative". I mean dammit, look up the hundreds of threads that both Boonie and I have posted in together over the years and find where I've ever been nasty to him.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

This should be a poster child of don't drink and drive.
Sometimes losing a person we admire sends a strong message.

I could tell ya about my friend in High Scool dieing in a drunk driving thing , but it would not affect YOU in any way. A popular person Like Ryan, yeah sit and think before driving.

I could tell you about the high school football hero who got killed by leaning out the window to puke because he had to much to drink celebrating the last football game he won in his life. He was drunk as well as the driver. The driver never hit anyone but when he stuck his head out the window to puke he, was hit in the head by the drivers side mirror of a parked car. Not the drivers fault, even though he was drunk as well. Both were football team mates celebrating their last win.

Driving drunk is,
Stupid,
Against the law,
Dangerous to the drunk and innocent bystanders.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Sigler85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sigler85GTSend a Private Message to Sigler85GTDirect Link to This Post
if the guy wasn't a celebrity no one would care that he died drunk driving and he would be branded an idiot who got what he deserved.
not saying that he deserved to die, but we all know the consequences of drinking and driving. and at 110 mph isnt safe in a sober mindset. look what the world has come to that we fixate on a celeb's death as entertainment to bicker about and feel "sorry" that he died, like we know him personally. i'm sick of seeing this on facebook, and PFF was the last place i expected to find this cancer.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Most of the forum is against smoking Mary Jane , and Boonie has been very open about his use. I believe that he hasn't "medicated" in a long time from what I remember.

I think saying Boonies judgment is based on his past a fair assessment. Everyone's judgment is based on what they experienced in the past. You, me, and even Boonie. That doesn't mean that one, or even any of us is correct, it's all a point of view. We talk, try and find a middle ground, see nekkid pictures of Boonies 'ol lady, and go on, hopefully just reading, and trying to keep as open a mind as possible allows us all to learn.

Heck, even I learned a few things from this thread, that doesn't mean I agree with it, just that I learned.

Brad

This was a lot of help. That is totally not how I saw Patrick's post, and it is a game-changer for my opinion.

Newf, once again I agree 100% and you put it better than I could.

I have no idea why anyone with no preconceived opinions on my opinion of Boonie would think I was "insinuating he had reason based on something negative". I mean dammit, look up the hundreds of threads that both Boonie and I have posted in together over the years and find where I've ever been nasty to him.

But don't you think that after 3 people in this one thread all got the same thing from your post, you should consider that it was your wording that was at fault? 3 people all got 1 thing, and you are acting as if each of us are crazy. Obviously we aren't because we all saw the same thing.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

My thoughts exactly as of late. I decided this week to venture into some obviously judgemental threads, and have had to repeat myself over, and over again.

Believe you me, it is no sweat off of my back to talk negative of one that deserves it. And driving drunk warrants my statements. Killing another due to some obvious bad descision makes my statements that much more necessary.

There was several that mention closing this thread. Really? Because your feelings are hurt? Or the friends and family of Ryan Dunn may get their feelings hurt? What makes you decide how I feel about an illegal, murderous act?

From now on, and until further notice, Pennocks will only talk about bubble gum, and maybe a kitten or two. But, only if that kitten has it's claws. Wouldn't want to offend anyone in San Francisco. (A jab at the new law to ban declawing. )

Tony

(I sign out with Tony, and use my real name only because I have nothing to hide in this imperfect world. I am guilty of many, many things in the past, but I believe in Karma, and work VERY hard to live a good life. You will never see my face where Ryan's is, and I am %100 sure of this. I only hope that I never see any of your faces in that darkness. And that is me being honest.)

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

But don't you think that after 3 people in this one thread all got the same thing from your post, you should consider that it was your wording that was at fault? 3 people all got 1 thing, and you are acting as if each of us are crazy. Obviously we aren't because we all saw the same thing.

Oh big deal.

A whole "3 people" thought I was being nasty to Boonie for various reasons, eh? And how many people have read this thread do you think?

I've explained what I wrote enough times. Even then, people only see what they want to.

I wasn't being nasty to Boonie. Period. I'm done talking about him. Move on.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Oh big deal.

A whole "3 people" thought I was being nasty to Boonie for various reasons, eh? And how many people have read this thread do you think?

I've explained what I wrote enough times. Even then, people only see what they want to.

No I get that now! Actually, Brad's post made it a lot clearer. I don't understand why you didn't explain it before...
Three people commented on the exact same post with the exact same thought. That's not coincidence, bud.

Whatever. Obviously you are just arguing to argue.. otherwise you'd actually try to explain your position.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Oh big deal.

LOL, Patrick stop being such a forum bully.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

One act??!!!

Excuse me Barry, but Ryan Dunn made an entire career out of being a jackass! This was simply icing on the cake for him.

So are you equating doing foolish/inane things for a movie with drinking and driving? I didn't really follow his career but all the "Jackasses" as far as I know did various things that relate in no way to drinking and driving.

My point was that the drinking and driving was the "one act" that killed him and by which some seem willing to judge his whole life, it begs the comparison to the Vancouver riots and your wish for everyone to not consider that the representative of the city. I mean some may walk away from that story and assume Vancouver is a bad city in which riots and violence are the norm but most will consider more than that one event, especially the ones who have more knowledge about it or even a "relationship" with the city.

I disagreed with Boonie, I was not "judging" him.

I have no idea why anyone with no preconceived opinions on my opinion of Boonie would think I was "insinuating he had reason based on something negative". I mean dammit, look up the hundreds of threads that both Boonie and I have posted in together over the years and find where I've ever been nasty to him.

I'm sorry if my interpretation of what you said was wrong however it's the way it read to me no matter what online communication you and Boondawg have had in the past. I have no idea about the hundreds of threads that you and he participated in I just found that particular comment to read as a bit of a dig. Again if I misread it, my bad.

Are you able to see how what you said might be misinterpreted?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock