Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  A Picture Of Me When I Was Very Young, Very Free, & Very, Very Gay.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

A Picture Of Me When I Was Very Young, Very Free, & Very, Very Gay. by Boondawg
Started on: 06-19-2011 08:16 PM
Replies: 32
Last post by: css9450 on 06-21-2011 07:59 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
1973:

2011:

I had such..........delicate features.
Seeing that picture actually breaks my heart, at what is lost.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Heck just shave and put curlers in your hair and you will look the same.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Was this a dare... or did you lose a bet... or what?

Just trying to figure this thread out.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Was this a dare... or did you lose a bet... or what?

Self-deprecation keeps me grounded.

I just recieved that picture and was stunned at the blocked-out hurt buired just below the innocence in that face.
I had compleatly forgotten that I was ever that person.
And the amazment that I am still here.

That picture is just months before I set about on my 3 decade-long path of self-medication in an attempt to hide from my terminal insecurity with my presence in the world.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-19-2011).]

deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
PFFFT That's nothing...

My baby Sitter and my Mom twisted my Hair up to FRO it and put me in BLACKFACE for a CHURCH costume show in the 70's...

I went as Lou Brock of the St Louis Cardinals. He was my Babysitters favorite Player. I still can't get over how she Being Black had no problem covering me in Black goo..
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
cool,you got a perm or got a Bon Jovi style.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
I heard there weren't enough women in Alaska, but damn! I'm sure there were better ways to make money.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by James Bond 007:

cool,you got a perm or got a Bon Jovi style.

I'm still trying to remember.
I know for sure it wasn't for a date.

If I had to guess, I would say I was trying to be something, anything, other then me.

I'm going to call that picture "Running".
It was the very start of my run.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

1973:

This explains a lot. But why is your head fizzing? I thought that came later...

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Is that 'fairy' dust?
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
The things that that kid in that picture didn't know huh?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

The things that that kid in that picture didn't know huh?

You mean like,“Forty years from now, there will be a diverse group of people, united by a now defunct transverse, mid-engine American sports car, hiding behind a keyboard, making fun of me for this.”
isthiswhereiputausername?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I heard there weren't enough women in Alaska, but damn! I'm sure there were better ways to make money.

LOL

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
No, I think it's what he did know, or at least thought, that bothers Boonie. Whatever hurt him, its there in those eyes. Some still is.

Go kiss Mrs. Dawg, and thank her. Thank her for us, too. For taking good care of our friend, even before we met him. It was a difficult job, and she did it well.

Or maybe I need to tell that to Mrs. Zeb.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2011 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

No, I think it's what he did know, or at least thought, that bothers Boonie. Whatever hurt him, its there in those eyes. Some still is.

Very perceptive.
The years can bury it, but only buired alive.
With it's gravity very much intact.

I wonder how many of us have been damaged in some deep way and don't know or purposly remember it it.
It's only evedence just glimpses and shadows, curiosities flinting behind the eyes, the ghosts of something unseen, unknown, unremembered.
Specters that sometimes rises, like a smell, giving just the briefest hint of itself, and then like the dense black that it is, back down it goes, to that crushing place where hurt goes to hide from itself.

Maybe we don't go on inspite of it, maybe we go on becouse of it.
Driven by nature to overcome.....

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-20-2011).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
At least you still have hair...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2011 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

At least you still have hair...

Yeah, mostly in my nose & ears!
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post
Ain't no fricking way I EVER had or will have curlers in my hair. No wonder you started self-medicating.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-20-2011 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:

Ain't no fricking way I EVER had or will have curlers in my hair. No wonder you started self-medicating.

Not a real big deal. Iv'e done it to give it more body when my hair was REALLY long and pulling it down. It didn't work so i only tried it once. Tried an iron first.. got it caught in my hair and burnt my neck. that hurt like hell.
PFF
System Bot
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
Well Boonie - you're certainly not very young or very free anymore..But count your blessings.

Larry

edited because I can't spell.

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 06-20-2011).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Putting curlers in your hair isn't anywhere near as gay as what today's youth is doing. Shaving their legs, their arms, their netherregions... And those are just the guys.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, mostly in my nose & ears!

You know what? This has been something rattling around in my brain for YEARS With all the technology and learning present in today's Medical Science, how the HECK nobody has sat down and found what causes such extreme har growth at a time we are losing it on our scalps, and used it to cure baldness, I just don't know OK, so it might be somewhat coarse and tough hair..but heck, surely ANY hair at all is better than NONE...eh...Mike??
Nick
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

You know what? This has been something rattling around in my brain for YEARS With all the technology and learning present in today's Medical Science, how the HECK nobody has sat down and found what causes such extreme har growth at a time we are losing it on our scalps, and used it to cure baldness, I just don't know OK, so it might be somewhat coarse and tough hair..but heck, surely ANY hair at all is better than NONE...eh...Mike??
Nick

But how would you "blow your head" when your thoughts get all stuffed up?
Or put Speedstick on your mohawk?
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
The first question Boonie, I rsther think might be more within your experience to answer As for the 2nd one ...maybe Bobadoofunk could help you out?? Hehehe!!
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 06-20-2011).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Very perceptive.
The years can bury it, but only buired alive.
With it's gravity very much intact.

I wonder how many of us have been damaged in some deep way and don't know or purposly remember it it.
It's only evedence just glimpses and shadows, curiosities flinting behind the eyes, the ghosts of something unseen, unknown, unremembered.
Specters that sometimes rises, like a smell, giving just the briefest hint of itself, and then like the dense black that it is, back down it goes, to that crushing place where hurt goes to hide from itself.

Maybe we don't go on inspite of it, maybe we go on becouse of it.
Driven by nature to overcome.....

Some people bury it alive, some people kill it and bury, some kill it and keep it with them and there are those that actively keep it alive and drag it with them so they will never forget...
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Putting curlers in your hair isn't anywhere near as gay as what today's youth is doing. Shaving their legs, their arms, their netherregions... And those are just the guys.

Now I'm a young guy (20), and I know guys who do that. Shaving- no, not for me... But I am a fan of having a clean and neat appearance, I don't see whats gay about that. I don't know about you, but all the chicks I know whether it be my age- or the last over 30yr old I was with preferred little to no hair. I wouldn't want to be a hypocrite cause if clothes started flying off and I see a tumbleweed on a chick, I'm sure as hell going from wood to a wet noodle lol. Good thing that hasn't happened yet and I pray it doesn't, sorry for derailing the thread.

As far as the OPs initial post, I cringed lol.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I wouldn't want to be a hypocrite cause if clothes started flying off and I see a tumbleweed on a chick, I'm sure as hell going from wood to a wet noodle lol.

Gay
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I wouldn't want to be a hypocrite cause if clothes started flying off and I see a tumbleweed on a chick, I'm sure as hell going from wood to a wet noodle lol.

I'm an explorer.
Jungle don't confront me none.

Bald looks like ground zero of a nuclear accident.
I like my destruction hidden.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-20-2011).]

Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
The beauty of Youth
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

I'm an explorer.
Jungle don't confront me none.

Bald looks like ground zero of a nuclear accident.
I like my destruction hidden.

Well no one was saying bald, we've got airfields with landing strips, etc. But overgrown like the Amazon? Dayuuuuum

Edit to say that I'm all for multitasking, but the last thing I want to be doing is flossing while I'm exploring lol.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 06-21-2011).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Iv'e done it to give it more body when my hair was REALLY long and pulling it down. It didn't work so i only tried it once. Tried an iron first.. got it caught in my hair and burnt my neck. that hurt like hell.

LOL As one who had really long hair for a number of years, I'm probably fortunate I'm too young to have missed the curly-perm era in the 70s. I did however wish I had a way to get the waviness out of it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock