Starting a new job by iced_theater
Started on: 06-19-2011 01:06 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: litespd on 06-19-2011 10:59 PM
iced_theater

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm starting a new job come Tuesday, I've been with UPS the last two years part time and had a job at a car dealership for one, but was laid off at the dealer and most jobs that would work with my schedule at UPS are $10 an hour jobs. So I am headed back out to the oilfields as a onsite fueler for Simons Petroleum. From what I was told about the job, I would fill up Halliburton's equipment and make sure they never run out of fuel, then sit in the truck until it's time to fill up again. That's the good part, the bad part is working a 4 on 2 off schedule with a rotating shift, the shift's are 2 am to 5 pm and 2 pm until 5 am.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations, I think. Any work is good work. And I'm guessing the money is worth it. But, I'm guessing you'll be refuelling hot, running equipment? Be safe out there.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iced_theater:
I am headed back out to the oilfields as a onsite fueler for Simons Petroleum.

Simons Petroleum refills the diesel tank(s) for our whole rig (actually most rigs as there is not much competition for some reason). When Hailiburton performs operations for us, they never need refueling.
However, on well completion jobs, there are sometimes up to thirty 18 wheeler sized equipment trucks that run nonstop. I have never seen a
truck sit on site, though I am not present regularly.
Good luck with the job.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Take care at it...I used to hot-fuel medivacs as part of the job...its NOT the safest or sanest thing ya will ever do.
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post
I'll let you know how it goes, it will be rough just for the fact that I am taking a fireman's test Monday morning, I work tomorrow evening at UPS until 10 pm or so and then have to be up around 1 am to get ready for my first day at my new job. Should start getting better by Wednesday though.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Whatever happened to your job at UP?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock