Started on: 06-17-2011 09:04 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: blackrams on 06-20-2011 06:03 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CILkO-NCL8c

Is anyone else interested in seeing this? I've been watching the advertisements and trailers. I'm kind of a Speilberg fan anyway so, I'm most likely going to be watching. Anyone else?

I'll apologize now just in case this has already been discussed and I missed it.

------------------
Ron

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
heybjorn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
So this is a weird mix of grade school kid drawings and over the top special effects? No money wasted on a story?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CILkO-NCL8c

Is anyone else interested in seeing this? I've been watching the advertisements and trailers. I'm kind of a Speilberg fan anyway so, I'm most likely going to be watching. Anyone else?

I'll apologize now just in case this has already been discussed and I missed it.

I can't, not if it's a 'serial'.
The last serial I watched was..........the original Battlestar Galatica.......back in the day.
And even THAT wasn't really a serial.
Just a different adventure every week with a loosely bound connecting storyline.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

So this is a weird mix of grade school kid drawings and over the top special effects? No money wasted on a story?

Could be though, I've never seen a Speilberg movie that didn't have a story told in it. Money, what's that?

------------------
Ron

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested, but like others before it, it will lose my interest, quickly, I'm sure. ie: V, among others.

Jim
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

I'm interested, but like others before it, it will lose my interest, quickly, I'm sure. ie: V, among others.

Jim

Most likely, the same thing will happen with me but, I'll give it a shot.

------------------
Ron

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Jim

V was too slow paced for the general public.
TV shows don't shoot seasons all in one shot before it's released, so the good news is that this action in the trailer is probably pretty early in the series.
That means it'll hold more viewers.

Thanks for the thread. I had never heard of it until now, but I don't watch much TV. It definitely looks promising... I'll keep an eye out.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
ugh, THAT guy.... not a good sign :P
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I generally like Spielburg movies. Ive been waiting for it. I dont know if its a mini series or a full blown series. Id rather its a mini series so it progresses to an eventual end. V was cool but then it just went on and on and on................At least even if it is bad, the effects will be spectacular unlike the made for sci fi channel movies.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to set my dvd recorder. Oh well, was the movie any good?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
It starts tonite (sunday, june 19) at 9 pm EDT, so you didnt miss anything yet.
PFF
System Bot
PAPA_SMURF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PAPA_SMURFSend a Private Message to PAPA_SMURFDirect Link to This Post
I am excited to see this series unfold. I love all the alien and zombie movies/series that have been made recently.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, I'm watching it now. Some pretty good special effects but moving a little to slow for me.

------------------
Ron

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Not bad, so far. Feels like "V" meets "Jericho".
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

but moving a little to slow for me.

I knew it.
See, that is the problem.
There is probibly a good story there, for 2 or 3 hours, that is.
But for advertising money, they will stretch the above by putting in useless filler in the form of endless and redundant self-&-cross examination by the players.
Bla bla bla action bla bla bla cliffhanger bla bla bla to be continued next week.
They spend more time talking about what happened and whats going to happen then being actually engaged in whats happening.

The whole thing becomes not about the story, but about how the players feel within the story.
A soap opera.
Really, think about it.
All talking about action, very little core action.
I won't have it.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
It's good enough to make me happy till the walking dead comes back on.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
I gave up about 1.3 hours into it. It was boring and not enough action. The characters are so-so....
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Not bad, so far. Feels like "V" meets "Jericho".

EXACTLY what I thought. Worse part is it started with the revolutionaries already fighting aliens. No background as to when, where, how, who or anything about them. I do hope they dont do that later on with flashback crap like Lost. It actually felt like I missed the first hour. Good effects, but not much of them. The aliens attack a single car from the air because it has some flares around it, but they cant see 1000 people walking and making a camp with campfires ? It lacks a lot for a premier episode. Ill likely wait till next weeks episode to see if it get better before I pass a judgement.

PAPA_SMURF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PAPA_SMURFSend a Private Message to PAPA_SMURFDirect Link to This Post
Limited commercial interruption = Add a bunch of commercials so we can stretch this 1 hour show into a 2 hour premiere.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
I was randomly flipping channels when I stumbled upon this. Not too bad at all, I watched the whole thing. Usually I'm put off by these sci-fi shows, but it held my interest. Reminded me of the Half Life game series, cept you had actual aliens instead of combines.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Hard time with this one.. I want to like it.
But as previously noted.. "Limited commercial interruptions" my A$$. there was a point where it was 5min commercial, 5 min show, 5 min commercial, thank god for DVR.
Teen / Kid angst and whining.. It's been 6months.. grow up a little.
The opening.. really.. I want to hear clearly what happened not some little kid mumbling about his pictures.

Deep concern about this being an endless quest to find Ben.. (We've all seen this before.. we're going and going and going and going.. bang.. and we going and going and going).

The teasers for later eps hold some promise.. and to be honest.. it's only got 8 episodes in the can so .. it'll make it till the start of fall season and we'll all forget about it by they time the try and launch the second part of the "season" in Feb.
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Not going to do it.

We'll wait till it's over to see if they don't can it, or if it ends up suckin'...

No more 'regular' TV.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I ended up being disappointed with the show as a whole. Mr. Speilberg let me down with this one at least in the "premier" episode. I might give it another shot but, I don't know at this point.

------------------
Ron

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock