Started on: 06-17-2011 04:23 PM
Replies: 35
Last post by: rogergarrison on 06-19-2011 06:06 PM
justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Click Here to Email justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
Came across this on another site. just thought i would post it here as well as many of us like Pontiac.

https://picasaweb.google.co...npwE&feat=directlink

------------------

My 365 Project
My Videos
87 Fiero GT 5-speed.
98 Golf K2 5-speed 2.0
Minivan Drivers; they're good for fertilizer. Thats all.

[This message has been edited by justa6 (edited 06-17-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovClick Here to Email VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Just from looking at the pic, I'd say the guy in the Lexus was probably screwing around, as happens at so many car events.

Edit: ok, female driving instead of guy...wtf HAPPENED, besides speed too fast in parking lot? Lucky no one was caught between...eww...wonder what the damage total is between the LeMans and the car next to it??

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 06-17-2011).]

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXClick Here to Email fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Looks to me like she is dead. If not, then possibly dead after her insurance gets a hold of her.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Thats where a gun would have been broken out
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovClick Here to Email VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I can just hear everyone else at the event thinking, "Glad it wasn't me..."
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry guys, my neighbor took out a Lexus just last week! Some lady on her cell phone pulled out in front of him in his 3/4 ton Chevy with a snow plow on the front. She's damn lucky he t-boned her on the passenger side, or else

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 06-17-2011).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovClick Here to Email VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Plowed right into her...(sorry, couldn't resist...)
dfinn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dfinnClick Here to Email dfinnSend a Private Message to dfinnDirect Link to This Post
you guys got it all wrong... Obviously the guy in the lemans and the car next to it were tandom drifting int the parking lot... Damn hooligans in those obnoxiously loud cars, and the poor lexus!
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageClick Here to Email Mickey_MooseSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Just another one of those classic cases of a stupid driver driving too fast in a parking lot not paying attention. Seen a similar instance like this at a car show I attended (not classics injured, just a cement pole) - broad was busy talking on her cell phone and whan straight into a cement pillar (holding a stop sign to boot). Her excuse was that she didn't see it and that it wasn't there before... ...not like it jumped out in front of her.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlClick Here to Email madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justa6:

It's obvoious by viewing the picture that the woman wanted to be "knocked-up."
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
No big deal, the insurance company will take care of him. What is blue book of a Lemans?
Yea, I know how he is going to feel.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Looks to me like the LeMans and 40 Ford were parked at a car show and this woman decided to drive thru and got confused. For you folks that dont go to car shows and cruise-ins, this is exactly the reason we go ballistic when the area isnt roped off to keep others out. I see them just cruising thru sometimes looking at cars because their fat lazy ass wont get out to walk thru the show. I saw this same thing happen last year and the woman who smashed a custom truck said she was trying to get to her house. The streets were all blocked off for a town festival car show. She drove up the sidewalk around the barriers and hit the guy in the front side.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
She looks Korean... sorry to be biggoted, but this tells me that she had intended to go into reverse, and instead probably accelerated... then freaked out, hit the brakes, which instead was the gas pedal.

Korean women are the worst drivers in the world... this is fact. I don't know what it is they do in South Korea... but damn, their women can't drive to save their lives (as you can see...)
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

No big deal, the insurance company will take care of him. What is blue book of a Lemans?
Yea, I know how he is going to feel.

BB value only goes back to a certain year. I'm sure he'll get what he needs.... now, whether or not he'll get enough to cover all the time he put into it is another matter.
I'd be SO SO SO mad.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

BB value only goes back to a certain year. I'm sure he'll get what he needs.... now, whether or not he'll get enough to cover all the time he put into it is another matter.
I'd be SO SO SO mad.

With a car like that, I'm sure that both of those guys have Haggerty, American Collector, or one of those other collector car insurances...

They usually have one of those "agreed upon value" insurance. So... I mean, in the case of the Le Mans... there's no way that car can be restored... it's totally destroyed. But I'm sure the guy will get taken care of financially.

The one thing that sucks about stuff like this is that I'm sure that guy spent a ton of money, time, and busted knuckles restoring that car. When something like this happens, it's pretty common for the "car guy" to just completely get ouf of the hobby. I'm sure that'll probably be the last car that guy ever restores.

Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post
Wow. Just, Wow.

I saw a woman blow a red light and take off the front end of a roadster/rod. She just didn't get it when the guy was so utterly distraught.

~ Derek
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Click Here to Email DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Holy crap. Lexus won that battle. I could fix the Lexus in a few days. But the Lemans is done.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

With a car like that, I'm sure that both of those guys have Haggerty, American Collector, or one of those other collector car insurances...

They usually have one of those "agreed upon value" insurance. So... I mean, in the case of the Le Mans... there's no way that car can be restored... it's totally destroyed. But I'm sure the guy will get taken care of financially.

The one thing that sucks about stuff like this is that I'm sure that guy spent a ton of money, time, and busted knuckles restoring that car. When something like this happens, it's pretty common for the "car guy" to just completely get ouf of the hobby. I'm sure that'll probably be the last car that guy ever restores.

I wasn't aware there were special insurances. That's really neat and important, because most don't understand the true value of some cars.

You're right though... it's sad but true that this will likely be his last restoration. Who knows how many years he spent on that? Makes me sad... It's more dedication than I could ever put into a project, and it's all gone in a heartbeat.

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Holy crap. Lexus won that battle. I could fix the Lexus in a few days. But the Lemans is done.

Isn't that interesting? The car that does the damage usually gets off with a lower bill. I hurt for the guy..
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Click Here to Email DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Isn't that interesting? The car that does the damage usually gets off with a lower bill. I hurt for the guy..

The air bags didn't even deploy. I am a body man, and use to own a body shop. If I had all the parts I could fix the car in one day including paint. Given it would be a long day. 10 hours +
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
It'll buff out......
Oh, cmon. Someone had to say it.
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
How in the hell does that happen? I know there was a terrible driver involved but come on. Its a parking lot. She had to be going fast enough to blow over that curb and still push the LeMans a few feet over into the Ford. That is not a slow idle through a parking lot. I am very careful in parking lots because I do not want to screw up my car that I have spent hours building and dialing in, let alone if there are valuable cars in the lot I move even more carefully.

She should be sentenced to manual labor building him a new street rod of his choice, totally unacceptable.

On a different note there is a great argument for B-pillers right there, I would not want to be in that car if it got t-boned. The door inverted! Very sad loss and the worse part is she probably has no idea how the LeMans is not just another car and will never even consider how the owner is feeling. She will sip lattes while her Lexus is repaired by a body shop and will probably go out and do something else just as stupid one day while his whole hobby is destroyed along with the many hours dreaming and working toward his dream.
PFF
System Bot
Rainman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post

She looks Korean... sorry to be biggoted, but this tells me that she had intended to go into reverse, and instead probably accelerated... then freaked out, hit the brakes, which instead was the gas pedal.

Korean women are the worst drivers in the world... this is fact. I don't know what it is they do in South Korea... but damn, their women can't drive to save their lives (as you can see...)

That's too narrow of a generalization. Asian women can't drive. Period. Ever ridden with an Indian woman. I did once, I consider myself lucky to be a alive and one of the other passengers was a woman screaming and crying for her life. Seriously.

That also sucks for the owners involved of the two classics. Lots of work in those two vehicles.

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 06-18-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by thedrue:

How in the hell does that happen? I know there was a terrible driver involved but come on. Its a parking lot. She had to be going fast enough to blow over that curb and still push the LeMans a few feet over into the Ford. That is not a slow idle through a parking lot. I am very careful in parking lots because I do not want to screw up my car that I have spent hours building and dialing in, let alone if there are valuable cars in the lot I move even more carefully.

She should be sentenced to manual labor building him a new street rod of his choice, totally unacceptable.

On a different note there is a great argument for B-pillers right there, I would not want to be in that car if it got t-boned. The door inverted! Very sad loss and the worse part is she probably has no idea how the LeMans is not just another car and will never even consider how the owner is feeling. She will sip lattes while her Lexus is repaired by a body shop and will probably go out and do something else just as stupid one day while his whole hobby is destroyed along with the many hours dreaming and working toward his dream.

Yup... I couldn't have said it better myself...

In those accident pictures where she's sitting in there all dramatic... she looks as if she's having a lot of self-pity... pobrecita...

Of course, I can't really know how she feels... but the adds are stacked heavily against her that she's probably more concerned with her own feelings rather than the fact that she trashed a classic, and damaged another.

I can only hope she feels remorse... the only consolation that guy might have is that the woman is genuinely sorry.

I wasn't aware there were special insurances. That's really neat and important, because most don't understand the true value of some cars.

You're right though... it's sad but true that this will likely be his last restoration. Who knows how many years he spent on that? Makes me sad... It's more dedication than I could ever put into a project, and it's all gone in a heartbeat...

Yeah, the "agreed upon value" is the normal type of policy. You basically send pictures of your car in to the insurance company, or depending on how valuable the car might be, a classic car appraiser will come look at it. You then tell them when you think it's worth, and they usually agree, or they'll compromise to a certain amount. Then you insure it basically for that amount. For my 1973 VW Bus, I had an agreed upon value of $8,500... it cost me $45 a year for full coverage insurance, liability... everything. Only stipulation is that it must be stored in a garage, I cannot drive it to work every day, and I must have another daily driver.

When it gets damaged, you can have it repaired at any licensed body shop...

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 06-18-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Both the LeMans and the 40 Ford were each worth more than the Lexus. Some people dont get it. To them its an old car. Ive had old cars that were worth more than some peoples houses and they never understand that. I agree, she was prob just looking around wondering wtf and accidently hit the gas instead of the brake. I had a guy at a show ask me how much Id sell my Super Bee for and when I told him, he looked dumbfounded. He couldnt figure out how an old 45 year old car was worth that. He figured it was worth a few thousand dollars. I told him I paid that for all the new grill parts on it, and over $1500 for the 4 pieces of chrome around the head and tail lites.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I had a guy at a show ask me how much Id sell my Super Bee for and when I told him, he looked dumbfounded.

What was your reply?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Both the LeMans and the 40 Ford were each worth more than the Lexus. Some people dont get it. To them its an old car. Ive had old cars that were worth more than some peoples houses and they never understand that. I agree, she was prob just looking around wondering wtf and accidently hit the gas instead of the brake. I had a guy at a show ask me how much Id sell my Super Bee for and when I told him, he looked dumbfounded. He couldnt figure out how an old 45 year old car was worth that. He figured it was worth a few thousand dollars. I told him I paid that for all the new grill parts on it, and over $1500 for the 4 pieces of chrome around the head and tail lites.

Yeah, I've never been able to figure that out too... but honestly, it just goes with the territory. We certainly know... but other people who aren't "car people" just don't get it.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallClick Here to Email 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

He couldnt figure out how an old 45 year old car was worth that. He figured it was worth a few thousand dollars. I told him I paid that for all the new grill parts on it, and over $1500 for the 4 pieces of chrome around the head and tail lites.

Even back when I was a kid in the 80's... I used to "help" restore classic cars with a man down the block. Basically, he taught me how to wrench and fix cars with car, so not to damage the parts. In return I helped out around the garage and later helped put the cars together. But anyway... the point was, even back then, the Chrome for say a 57 Chevy, could set you back thousands of dollars! We rebuilt a woody wagon, who's final cost came in near 100k in 88!! But it was perfect!
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Click Here to Email htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
She was looking at the latest Twitter weiner pics. lol
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornClick Here to Email heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

But its a Lexus, Todd, not an Audi 5000, so that can't be right. I'm guessing sunspots.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

But its a Lexus, Todd, not an Audi 5000, so that can't be right. I'm guessing sunspots.

Haha... don't you know, the Camry is the new Audi 5000.

njcwgrl

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlClick Here to Email njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
If that was my car she would not have to worry about fixing her Lexus because she would be 6 foot under

When my 82 Trans Am was hit the only thing that saved that driver was that I was pushed up onto a 6' snow drift
and I could not get the car out to chase him down. My car was totaled by insurance company She was banged up
real bad, But,a GREAT body man I knew named Harry knew how much I Loved my car and he welded and pulled my car
back into shape. Hopefully the Lemans owner also knows a Great body man and he can save her. That car is Beautiful

------------------
Shannon
88 Fiero "Valhalla"

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 555
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Wow.

It hammered the '40, too.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 06-18-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

What was your reply?

$45,000

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

$45,000

Actually sounds a bit cheap...
Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by njcwgrl:

If that was my car she would not have to worry about fixing her Lexus because she would be 6 foot under

This is why I keep full tort on my motorcycle. If I get hit and survive and I find out the other person was doing something stupid (read: Anything other than driving) I will see to it personally they never sit behind the wheel of a car again, even if my lawyer gets all the money. It's not about the money.

~ Derek
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Actually sounds a bit cheap...

5 years ago id want $60-70K. In todays economy and classic car market, thats all its worth...and you would do well to find someone who can pay that. Even classic Corvettes that used to be $150K are selling for 1/3 of that.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock