Started on: 06-16-2011 09:12 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: tbone42 on 06-17-2011 12:23 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Click Here to Email avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I just found out that a fellow Fiero enthusiast and friend has passed away. Les Sandy became the Vice President of NEFA after I stepped down from that position. He will be missed.

Obituary:

CHESHIRE- Leslie “Les” C. Sandy, 73, passed away June 13, 2011 at his home. He was the husband of Sandra J. (Howard) Sandy whom he was married to for 51 years.

He was born April 13, 1938 in David City, NE son of the late Benjamin and Alvira (Chambers) Sandy.

Les served in the Air Force from 1955 to 1959. He was a member of the B.P.O.E Lodge #2224 in Hamden, the Moose Lodge in Waldorf, MD and the Fiero Club of New England. He was born and raised in the Mid-West, and was a 35 year resident of Cheshire living in Stamford prior.

Besides his wife Sandra, Les is survived by his two daughters Brenda Pawlowicz of Meriden, and Sharon and her husband Jeff Miller of Jacksonville, FL; two brothers Harold L. and his wife Karen Sandy of Osage Beach, MO, Charles M. and his wife Vicki Sandy of Coal Valley, IL; a brother in law Bernie and his wife Charline Howard of Cape Coral, FL; four sisters Joyce and her husband Jerry Hoeft of Webb City, MO, Ida and her husband Denny Siedel of Valparaiso, NE, Judy and her husband Bob Leu of O’ Fallon, MO, and Eileen and her husband Rob Eisele of Forest, IL; three grandchildren Gary B., Courtney, Jeffrey; father in law Bernard Howard of White Plains, MD; two sister-in-laws Nancy Miller of White Plains, MD, and Ellen Sandy; and many nieces and nephews. Leslie was predeceased by his brother Carl L. Sandy.

Arrangements- A Memorial Service for Leslie will be held July 20, 2011 at Cheshire United Methodist Church, 205 Academy Rd, 06410 at 10 A.M. Burial will be at the convenience of the family. There are no calling hours. The Alderson Funeral Home of Cheshire, 615 South Main St, 06410 is in charge of the arrangements. Donations in Les’s name may be made to VITAS INNOVATIVE HOSPICE CARE, 1579 Straits Turnpike, Middlebury, 06762 or to the American Cancer Society, 5 Brookside Drive, P.O Box 5022, Wallingford, CT 06492.

http://obitsforlife.com/obi...356448/Sandy-Les.php
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry to hear this.
I didn't know Les well, but I had met him a few times. A very nice fellow indeed.

My condolences to his family and friends.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I, too, am sorry to hear of Les' passing. I met him at the first Fiero Factory Swap Meet. He apparently was on the old Fiero mailing list, and saw me mention I was from Nebraska. He hunted me down at the swap meet, and we talked quite a bit about Nebraska, as he was born and raised in a small town not far from where I live. I really enjoyed our talk, and although I never saw him again, we kept in touch on occasion via email. I hadn't heard from him in several years, and interestingly enough, was just thinking about him the other day and wondering how he was doing.
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaClick Here to Email jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P. Fiero kindred spirit.

Jim
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
Another Fiero brother gone.

Fieros in heaven are mint condition.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Good vibes to him and all who knew him.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwClick Here to Email cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Click Here to Email avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here is a picture that was given to me. It's from the Barberino Pontiac car show in Wallingford, CT. from back in 2002 or 2003. Les is two rows directly behind me. This photo brings back some fond memories of our club meetings and car shows back then.

Click on the photo to see a larger version.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 06-17-2011).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Thoughts and prayers with Les on his final cruise. RIP.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock