Started on: 06-16-2011 01:30 AM
Replies: 92
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 06-20-2011 07:33 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

You were banned for good reason previously.

You've been here illegally for five years.

You haven't changed your ways at all.
terba...er
I hope to see you turfed out of here again... this time permanently.

CHRIST, do you realize how much of a crybaby that post reads ???....whats next, ya gonna stomp your feet and cry for momma ??

Grow up, Patrick--yer a grown man....stop sniviling and whining and go masterba...er...whatever ya want to do with your time......
IP: Logged
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

And hockey is such a boring sport. They try to make it exciting by having a few punches thrown, but it's like watching two midgets wrestle.

Have you ever watched a baseball or soccer game. Now that's boring in comparison.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:

An onslaught of people
More alcohol
Not enough police

And as well, there were people that were going to start something win or lose.

I agree 100%.

As can be seen in this very thread, there are people who simply don't know how to play well with others. Within a mass of 100,000 people, you just gotta know there's going to be a large number of misfits who are going to do crazy things, especially if they believe there's no risk of consequences.

The part that I really find disturbing though is the large number of "normal" young people who just went nuts because they got caught up in the "excitement". So many of them were having seemingly orgasmic experiences as they smashed in large plate glass windows and danced in front of burning cars. It was sickening to behold.

And contrary to what some people might try to make us believe, this was not a "Vancouver" thing. It appears to be more of a generational issue. This could've happened anywhere on the planet under the right (or wrong) conditions.

Scary.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

The part that I really find disturbing though is the large number of "normal" young people who just went nuts because they got caught up in the "excitement". So many of them were having seemingly orgasmic experiences as they smashed in large plate glass windows and danced in front of burning cars. It was sickening to behold.

And contrary to what some people might try to make us believe, this was not a "Vancouver" thing. It appears to be more of a generational issue. This could've happened anywhere on the planet under the right (or wrong) conditions.

Scary.

Anyone with any common sense knows it wasn't a "Vancouver" thing. Like I said these things happen all the time for various reasons. There is a reason for terms such as "Mob mentality". Humans have an inate desire to destroy things as they do to build things. Having said that 'sports" riots are nothing new and when you have conditions like those in Vancouver Wednesday they will continue, great weather, a huge crowd, a common like/goal, a disappointment or victory, alcohol/drugs, the exuberance of youth mixed with troublemakers, and so on. **** Happens, the clean up that happened is more a reflection of the true people of Canada, BC and Vancouver than any riot IMO.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-18-2011).]

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

. . . the clean up that happened is more a reflection of the true people of Canada, BC and Vancouver than any riot IMO.

Glad to hear that, newf. Even the ones from Nanaimo with webbed feet?

[This message has been edited by heybjorn (edited 06-18-2011).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Even the ones from Nanaimo with webbed feet?

We'll have to ask Josh if he and his buds swam over.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36389 posts
Member since Apr 99

...the clean up that happened is more a reflection of the true people of Canada, BC and Vancouver than any riot IMO.

I just came across this picture of another couple of volunteers. Damn, I've got something in my eye.

Jamie Dechamplain and her dog Becker were among the volunteers who pitched in to clean up Vancouver's Robson St. Thursday morning.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Okay, it's time for some fun!

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Glad to hear that, newf. Even the ones from Nanaimo with webbed feet?

I have no idea what you are referring to. Who has webbed feet now?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea what you are referring to. Who has webbed feet now?

Barry, don't worry about it. Mike's just trying to confuse you by referring to something I posted Here where I was teaching Josh (from Nanaimo) a lesson on "rumours".
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Have you ever watched a baseball or soccer game. Now that's boring in comparison.

Well... like Hockey... soccer is NON-STOP... they're constantly moving... so that makes the game exciting.

Baseball... I like baseball, but it IS somewhat boring. Baseball is a good place to take your kid when he's a little boy or girl, and / or hang out with buddies and drink (hopefully not at the same time). But if you're there with some buddies... you can drink, be silly... and watch the game here and there while you spend time BSing...

Soccer games... you don't have much time to do anything becuase the match is going on non-stop...
PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Well... like Hockey... soccer is NON-STOP... they're constantly moving... so that makes the game exciting.

Baseball... I like baseball, but it IS somewhat boring. Baseball is a good place to take your kid when he's a little boy or girl, and / or hang out with buddies and drink (hopefully not at the same time). But if you're there with some buddies... you can drink, be silly... and watch the game here and there while you spend time BSing...

Soccer games... you don't have much time to do anything becuase the match is going on non-stop...

Oh I'm with you on the baseball, it's still a great sport but more relaxed. As for soccer being exciting millions would agree with you I'm sure but I've tried to watch it and just don't see the appeal, more fun to play than watch IMO. At least Hockey is full contact and there are many shots on net.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Oh I'm with you on the baseball, it's still a great sport but more relaxed. As for soccer being exciting millions would agree with you I'm sure but I've tried to watch it and just don't see the appeal, more fun to play than watch IMO. At least Hockey is full contact and there are many shots on net.

I think soccer is exciting to many because in most cases, it's really about national support than it is anything else. I mean, we don't have a national soccer league that I'm aware of here in the US??? But we get soccer games now and then at stadium that the Miami Dolphins play at... and the stadium is PACKED... literally packed. I went to one or two soccer games last year I think because I got free tickets to them, and every seat was sold... every single one. They weren't for the World Cup or anything... like, we've got one coming soon in a couple months... Barcelona VS Guadalajara... and that game is going to be PACKED too.

Last year, or the year before... I think one of the ones I went to was Ecuadore vs Peru... and that was totally packed, I mean ridiculous. The guys going there are rooting for their country more than anything else.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock