Started on: 06-11-2011 11:48 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: doublec4 on 06-11-2011 12:55 PM
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
It beat the Nissan GTR by 5 seconds.

Today's high performance cars are just incredible. 183 on the straight! This is a street legal car.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
There was one point where he was pulling over 1g lateral acceleration - at over 150 MPH!
I'd love to see what Sabine Schmitz could do with it.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Its amazing to watch that going around curves, and glance at their speedo display and realize he's doing highway speeds around them
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Jim Mero is a hell of a driver, and he is one of the engineers. I think it is cool to note that this is a production car in street trim. It has the tires you drive off the lot, the suspension settings, everything. The only thing I know of is the cage they installed for safety, which weighs it down if anything. You'll see it spike over 2 g's a few times if you pay attention, and it spends the majority of the time at ~1.3 G's. Simply incredible. Also, if you watch the whole video, or skip forward to about 7:20... At the curve at the end of the main straight it gets a little loose flat out at 180. That guy has balls of steel for sure...
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Its a good sign when the engineer is willing to take his work out on the track and take a turn at 180mph. Must be confident that they did a good job

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock