Started on: 06-10-2011 10:07 PM
Replies: 33
Last post by: Synthesis on 06-12-2011 04:24 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I have to say my experience thus far with this job has been great. For thoes who dont know i got my CDL and signed on with Werner enterprises. I've been out for 3 weeks so far and I'm no where near sick of it. I'm having a lot of fun learning things here and there and getting the job done. I have a really cool trainer, hes an older guy but he lets me do all the driving I want hes helpful and dosent raise his voice if i screw up (which has only happened twice where i missed an exit by a few miles). I'm out seeing a lot of the country I got to see the Texas and new Mexico desert, I got to see the city of saint Louis. and many other things. I've also met a lot of people that have offered me good advice in my training. My trainer says I'm doing excellent and said I'm easily one of the best students he has ever had. I'm Getting between 600 to 700 miles a day in my 11 hour shift. (700 is if i go though without stopping all day and no traffic) We have had a couple loads that we thought weren't going to be there on time and somehow i got them there on time without breaking any traffic laws. And i can pretty much back up with my eyes closed... i have to say i think i made the right choice in career.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
Good job It sounds like you have the right attitude.
Did you make it through the 72-hour check with a stack of clean inspections?

------------------

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Good job It sounds like you have the right attitude.

Ya we did by the skin of our teeath though. our trailer sprung an ABS problem on our way so before we got to this one weigh station i got out and unclipped the sensor so the lights would go out and got it fixed at the next truck stop. my trainer got pulled over this morning though he was getting tired and counddent keep focused... he got a ticket and we ended up switching up. i had to do my pre-trip right in front of a new mexico state trooper which wasn't fun, After i got done he was all like that was a pretty thurough pre trip there youngster, i said back yup fresh out of CDL school so its still fresh in my head. He told me to drive safe and have a good day and i went on. I'm sitting in a conway yard right now....... i hate conway yards way to crampted.
The real funny thing was during the DOT-CSA inspection i got passed through all the weigh stations i came up on (i have an AVI in my truck) they really dont even bother with Werner anymore i think.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-10-2011).]

Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeDirect Link to This Post
My brother, my brother in law, both "wheel turners" (their term, not mine). They both did well but eventually grew bored with the rules, the bosses. I'm glad you are having a good time with this and it can make a pretty good paycheck. Live for today, plan for tomorrow. You're a high energy, smart, young guy. You will have to move on soon. You think your local law enforcement has it out for you? Wait until you hate you dispatcher.
I really don't mean to rain on your parade. Have a great time!!!! Enjoy today, it's new, it's exciting. Bank the money, bank the experiences, you're smart, use them in your future.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mytime:

My brother, my brother in law, both "wheel turners" (their term, not mine). They both did well but eventually grew bored with the rules, the bosses. I'm glad you are having a good time with this and it can make a pretty good paycheck. Live for today, plan for tomorrow. You're a high energy, smart, young guy. You will have to move on soon. You think your local law enforcement has it out for you? Wait until you hate you dispatcher.
I really don't mean to rain on your parade. Have a great time!!!! Enjoy today, it's new, it's exciting. Bank the money, bank the experiences, you're smart, use them in your future.

lol i already hate my trainers dispatcher. hes a total moron... hes sittint there trying to tell ym trainer during the DOT and CSA sting that the ABS on the trailer going bad was not that important to stop to get fixed and cause a late load.. well we got it fixed and i still got it there with 5 min to spare.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
Dispatchers in many of the large companies are just kids, making $32k/yr. They are caught between the load planners pushing them to produce, the drivers telling them it can't be done and the fleet managers protecting their numbers. They are absolutely powerless, ill prepared, over stressed and under compensated.
Some are good; most are just passing through, on their way up or on their way out.
Mytime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeDirect Link to This Post
From what I've heard, it doesn't get any better.
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
It depends on who you drive for..

For the most part, Werner is a good company.. stay the hell away from SWIFT and J.B. Hunt... <shudder>
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

It depends on who you drive for..

For the most part, Werner is a good company.. stay the hell away from SWIFT and J.B. Hunt... <shudder>

Yea i hear swift is pretty bad with just about everything. My trainer told me they had something going with schools that they paied the school $1500 for every student referred to swift by the school. I enjoy Werner though. after a year or so maybe ill step up to an experience required company but for right now Im happy
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you are enjoying this, pk.

Originally posted by williegoat:

I've never been stopped during the June campaign.

SWIFT: Sure Wish I'd Finished Training

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Glad to hear you are enjoying this, pk.

I've never been stopped during the June campaign.

SWIFT: Sure Wish I'd Finished Training

Lol I've heard all kinds of swift jokes over the CB

S W I F T Student with idiot for trainer

T F I W S two fags in white semi

What do you get when you line 12 swift trucks in a row..... a years experiance
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
I can back a trailer, forward...

------------------
Fiddling knobs, touching keys, having fun with a full grown man.

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2011 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
So, how do you like methamphetamines so far?
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
Easier to quit than coffee. It must be cool to see the country, even if it is just from the freeway. You can not tell much about my city from the freeway but, some views of others are like, "come by some time, this is an interesting place".

[This message has been edited by FriendGregory (edited 06-11-2011).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
Just
Beginners

Holding
Up
Normal
Traffic

(and I used to work there )
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19455 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Swing
Wide,
It's a
F(ill in the blank)
Trailer
Renegade blob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Renegade blobSend a Private Message to Renegade blobDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, what are you driving?
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Wait till you get your first hemorrhoid. Tells us how you like the job then.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Renegade blob:

Sweet, what are you driving?

Right now a 2011 international pro star but its only a trainer truck
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

So, how do you like methamphetamines so far?

I dont do that **** but tell your Wife ill be by sometime

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I dont do that **** (yet) but tell your Wife ill be by sometime

Excellent. We love company.
PFF
System Bot
Idaho_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Idaho_FieroSend a Private Message to Idaho_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well, if you come around here, I'll be passin ya. Those werner trucks are slow and I can't stand the electronic logs. Already have worked for under 7 years with over a million miles under my belt. You will see a lot of people out there that look like they got their license from a cracker jack box. Not to mention other interesting things. I've never done any drugs and still don't AND never had hemorrhoids. You'll see a lot better country out east, i loved it over there in the spring and fall. Now just driving from here to Oregon every day. I still like drivin. I'll be a lifer.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Excellent. We love company.

Can I come over to? I will bring some food. Oh, we can have a pot luck style dinner
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2011 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Idaho_Fiero:

Well, if you come around here, I'll be passin ya...I've never done any drugs and still don't AND never had hemorrhoids.

But you have killed prostitutes, right?
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

WhiteDevil88

8518 posts
Member since Mar 2007

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Can I come over to? I will bring some food. Oh, we can have a pot luck style dinner

Absolutely. The more the merrier.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-11-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Absolutely. The more the merrier.

Sounds like a party is brewing, but of course im a bit far to drop in and crash it.

And good job PK.
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post

I believe the correct term is "lot lizard".

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Rick, you make it to Music City, shoot me a PM...
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2011 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Has he sent you guys pics of the truck yet ?

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
what about a PFF sticker or sign somewhere on the rig so we can pass ya and honk
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

what about a PFF sticker or sign somewhere on the rig so we can pass ya and honk

Lol theres an idea... lol i was thinkin about makin a wheres PK thread.... iv been seeing a lot of fieros out lateley
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-12-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Lol theres an idea... lol i was thinkin about makin a wheres PK thread.... iv been seeing a lot of fieros out lateley

Post real time GPS on a map of the US.
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post

Doesnt everyone kill them when they are done with them?? Its how you get your money back... Nice PK. Glad you found something you enjoy.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
On my way home today pulling the teardrop, I passed a truck/trailer riding low with a full load. It said "Werner" on the side.

This was on 694 in the Twin Cities...

As I passed him, he pulled out right behind me into the fast lane without noticing the Prius hot on my tail... Ran the Prius into the center median. The truck kept moving...

My first thought was "**** , I just passed PK"... This was BEFORE I read this thread and learned he was driving for Werner...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock