Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Been hearing about this "Nuvigil" thing...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Been hearing about this "Nuvigil" thing... by skuzzbomer
Started on: 06-08-2011 11:16 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: skuzzbomer on 06-09-2011 12:31 AM
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
So I keep hearing about this pep pill Armodafinil being hawked for $300 a bottle - the adverts are all over local radio and have become quite disconcerting. Have you actually looked at the side-effects?

Holy hell....

Nausea, blistering in the eyes, trouble sleeping, hallucinations, dark urine, exaggerated sense of well-being (euphoria)...

It seems to be a stripped-down version of this stuff.

The Consumerist ran a short article last year that I missed - the same questions popped up: is it REALLY worth the risk? ..... the symptoms started me thinking, "this sounds familiar." Don't we have to get carded for cold medicine because of something eerily similar in effect?

Symptoms of meth and amphetamine ab/use...

Anxiety, general feeling of wellness, pupil dilation, talkativeness, hallucinations, loss of appetite... etc

So... what the freaking hell is in this stuff? I mean, I know that they have to list every single thing that they found during testing but some of this stuff is absurd. Just how is this making it to the market at all, (even with a Rx needed for the previous branding)? I'm not really a fan of pharmaceuticals (in fact, I avoid synthesized or lab treated crap wherever/whenever possible) so I wouldn't touch it but I am curious how something like this made it through....

Does anyone else think this stuff sounds like a receipe for disaster?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Drugs are not an exact science at all. Consider Zoloft, which is prescribed for depression. The chief side effect of Zoloft? You guessed it, depression.

These glamor drugs are meant for the "reward centers" of the brain, and for sleep apnea. However, I understand your saying they are risky at best.

All drugs have some certainty of risk, its a gamble at best.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
All drugs carry some risks, yeah, but this stuff sounds straight up scary. It just seems way too close to something your average redneck chemist could cook up in his garage.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock