Started on: 06-08-2011 12:07 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: heybjorn on 06-09-2011 06:50 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
So... I moved down to South Florida when I was 18, right out of high school. It wasn't such a big deal for me at the time because my parents helped me plan the move and enrolled me into college without me having to do anything. But 15 years later, I just accepted a position in another state, and it looks like I'm going to be leaving beautiful South Florida by the end of July. I've already got my Volkswagen Bus in storage, and I'll be moving my Pontiac Fiero into storage shortly.

I will be submitting my resignation to the Miami Dolphins football team as soon as I'm done with this post. I've worked here for almost 6 years now, and have loved every minute of it. I've made some great friends here, met some amazing people, and learned a lot of new skills. It really is everything I could have possibly imagined it would be. The best way I can describe it is being stuck on a cruise ship with a bunch of celebrities and cheerleaders... but then also having to work ridiculously long hours (but I'm cool with that). Additionally, I'll also be giving up my seperate NFL position as an NFL photographer during game-day, unless I can make an arrangement with the team in the new state that I will be moving to.

In any case, I'll be here as usual for the next couple of weeks, but after June, I'll probably be not be on here very much, and for a little while, I might not be on here months at a time.

I've decided to pursue a dream of mine that I've had for a very long time, and I was lucky enough to get my foot in the door of the industry... so I have to make the jump.

In any case... suffice it to say that I'm being a ***** and nervous about moving. I have only a little equity in my home, so I'll probably rent it out to someone down here, and then lease an apartment or town-house after I move. I need some Boonie-style support...

Thanks guys,

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 341
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianClick Here to Email PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
Good Luck!
may the Boonie be with you
tbone42

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
If its not "classified", which state are you moving to Todd?
Firefox

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 241
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

Good Luck!
may the Boonie be with you

Ditto!

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 349
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroRumorSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Hey man,

It's tough to jump from a stable situation into "the great unknown"
*spooky hands*

But it's a good thing.
I hope the best for you during this 'shift'.

Keep your contacts open from your previous job.. Linked in and some other methods.

Small world, know what i mean?

It's always agood idea to try to augment yourself a little during a transitionary process - leave at least some "negative" aspects of yourself behind, if ya can... things you may have excused yourself for, or accepted as part of your "persona"...

When I "pulled a Boonie", it was rough for about a year, because the ledge I jumped to wasn't the best place to land... but I managed to find my way. You will, too. Awesome times ahead.

GOOD LUCK

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 06-08-2011).]

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momClick Here to Email fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck to you!!

Your old job sounds like a dream, this new adventure must be something else!! If it's your passion, you'll do fine!!

Did you ever meet Hines Ward of the Steelers??? He's my most favorite football player!! lol

If you need extra moral support, my pm's are open anytime.

Dar
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
"The Boon abides"

Good luck... where are ya heading anyway?
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 341
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianClick Here to Email PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:
"The Boon abides"

Good luck... where are ya heading anyway?

what a great movie, eh?
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

what a great movie, eh?

Fuggin' a.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 337
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I will tell you this, it seems to be working out for me.
I will refrain from saying it was all for the better, as I am still trying to find my place here.
But I think I am a stronger person for throwing myself out of my bubble and into a much bigger world.
It is definatly not more comfortable, but I believe it is far more healthy for my growth as a person.
I think in the end, it will prove itself to be a wise desision.

And I gotta' give credit where it is due; This place really gave me encouragement to just follow my best instinct & what I felt.
It really did help.

I went for it and I did it.
I'm not sorry.

I wish you the very best and encourage you to do/go what/where your head & heart leads you.
And keep your head up.
Every new thing is a learning thing.

Get busy livin' or get busy dieing!
blackrams

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 223
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Get busy livin' or get busy dieing!

The die'n part is easy, everybody does it. But living life to it's fullest, very few ever do. Go for it.

------------------
Ron

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck, man!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Good luck in your new position. And as someone already asked, just what state are you headed to?

I really can’t recommend renting your place as an absentee landlord. To many things can go wrong while you are away. It’s hard enough being a landlord when you are in the same town.

But good luck with both.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 337
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
"I'm pulling a Boonie..."

I'm just thinking how many situations you can apply that too......."He pulled a real Munson." ~ Kingpin
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

What Steve said!

To hang out with the football team and living near the ocean, the nice house, wow it really must be a calling to get you to go. You know yourself, you will do well.
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I really can’t recommend renting your place as an absentee landlord. To many things can go wrong while you are away. It’s hard enough being a landlord when you are in the same town.

But if he uses a property management firm they'll handle all the day to day stuff, and just cut him a check every month. Besides with FL's real estate market right now, he might not sell it in a reasonable timeframe.

Anyway, Todd, good luck.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornClick Here to Email heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Best wishes for your success, Todd.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock