Started on: 06-03-2011 05:33 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: jaskispyder on 06-10-2011 09:10 AM
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
HP DV6449US, power supply is putting out 18.87V, light ring around power supply connection lights up with power supply plugged in. Light on front of computer telling you the power supply is plugged in is not lighting up. Computer doesn't turn on at all. I could hear a little "tick... tick.. tick" and the light right at the power connection would blink.

I pulled the battery held down the power button for a minute and plugged in the power supply and tried turning it on. nothing. I wonder if the MB is bad. HP replaced the MB about 3 years ago for a wireless issue.

I reseated the memory.

Suggestions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
It probably is the motherboard. The power plug on the side may have broke loose of the board as well because (I think) the light at the plug in is directly powered by the plug and doesn't get it's power from the motherboard like the charging light on the front does.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
I seem to be getting power from the plug to the motherboard, and the power plug is tight to the board it is attached to (I am getting power at the pins in the board and the wires running from the little board to the MB... dang.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002
found a burnt spot where the power wires run to the other side of the board... PC128 is the area where something is burnt

Ordered a new one for $72 shipped. Not bad. Looks like I can sell the old one on ebay afterwards.

Thanks for the info!

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 06-03-2011).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Update, new motherboard fixed the issue.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock