Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  So how did you start your day? Mine was adrenaline filled (not for me tho)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

So how did you start your day? Mine was adrenaline filled (not for me tho) by faaaaq
Started on: 06-02-2011 10:43 PM
Replies: 38
Last post by: TXGOOD on 06-03-2011 01:19 PM
faaaaq

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
What the heck is that?
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
passenger side floor in my car. the light gray part you can see underneath is a nice cookie sheet i bought lastnight for a makeshift floorpan
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm....
Ya know, you just might need a new car! When those floorboards start spontaneously combusting.. It is time to give it up!!!

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
most of the car isnt bad, but i think its the cat thats under there and that floorboard is nearly gone. from the carpet drooping it melted the carpet and the rubber floormat. its a long, crazy story ha...

and i plan to have ramses or someone in the Fox Valley turf replace the floorboard, but i cant afford that right now..
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
its easily worse than that, you just cant see it in that picture because of the cookie sheet and what remains of the carpet. there is nearly NO floorboard left on the passenger footwell. the flames almost started my radio and my dash (and the 18y/o female in the passenger seat...) on fire. almost crashed twice due to the immense amount of smoke, and im still coughing a little over it even now, and it happened at 3am this morning.

slight back story. the flames erupted as i was going 65 down the highway at 3am. just SECONDS before the flames began to roar, i told my friend to move her foot because i saw an ember. nearly immediately after she did that, WOOSH.
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Hmmmmm....
Ya know, you just might need a new car! When those floorboards start spontaneously combusting.. It is time to give it up!!!

THIS

you need to get this somehow sent to you, RUST FREE FIERO

http://miami.craigslist.org.../cto/2410402249.html
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
i would love to have another Fiero but i cant even remotely afford that.... if i found a nice one that could be held for me for 2 months i could afford it no problem. but as of right now, i will be nearly completely broke for at least another month. this car is alright and once i get the floorpan repaired it will be totally safe to drive
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

slight back story. the flames erupted as i was going 65 down the highway at 3am. just SECONDS before the flames began to roar, i told my friend to move her foot because i saw an ember. nearly immediately after she did that, WOOSH.

Holy crap, man! Well if a burned-out floorboard is the worst you got, then it sounds like you lucked out. Glad you (and your passenger) are okay, at least.
PFF
System Bot
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

Holy crap, man! Well if a burned-out floorboard is the worst you got, then it sounds like you lucked out. Glad you (and your passenger) are okay, at least.

thanks. it could have been much worse. the flames werent even really the issue, it was just so much smoke it made breathing impossible and seeing where i was going nearly impossible. she was freaked out and im still coughing, but thankfully i must have some sort of defect lol, i never panic or anything. i stayed calm the whole time and carefully got off the highway while telling her not to worry and that we would be fine. I inhaled a ton of smoke, and like i said im still coughign a bit bit i dont think its a medical issue atm. im going to cut out more of the carpet when i get time so i can reduce the risk of it happening again even more.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post

(and the 18y/o female in the passenger seat...) and it happened at 3am this morning. WOOSH.

And you were driving at 3am with a 18yr old betty? Why? On the way to someplace quite hopefully. I think maybe your adrenaline started pumping WAY before 3am and the spontaneous combustion of your floorboard. Well hopefully anyway! Must say here tho that I'd like to see more pics. Can we see a shot with her in it? That way we can see where her feet were and stuff? hehe!
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

And you were driving at 3am with a 18yr old betty? Why? On the way to someplace quite hopefully. I think maybe your adrenaline started pumping WAY before 3am and the spontaneous combustion of your floorboard. Well hopefully anyway! Must say here tho that I'd like to see more pics. Can we see a shot with her in it? That way we can see where her feet were and stuff? hehe!

pfft lol. was picking her up so she could come hang out with me :P. my adrenaline doesnt really ever get pumping unless a wicked storm is coming lol. i can take more pictures tomorrow, nicer pictures with my actual camera. and if you see in the pic where there is no carpet left? thats where her feet would have been had i not warned her to move them :P
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Im happy your safe. I didnt even read the topic I just saw the pic. Wow.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post

a wicked storm

LOL Thats Great! Thats Sooo Maine! People here go to Wal-Mart to get a wicked warm sweater dunno if you meant that but I think ya did. LOL nice one!

Really tho was just trying to peep the chick! Dog will hunt, as they say....

EDIT; typos

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 06-02-2011).]

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

LOL Thats Great! Thats Sooo Maine! People here go to Wal-Mart to get a wicked warm sweater dunno if you meant that but I think ya did. LOL nice one!

Really tho was just trying to peep the chick! Dog will hunt, as they say....

EDIT; typos

dont have any good pics of her and i guess she aint coming over tonight like i thought she was :P lol

i have no idea what you are talking about lol, first part is really confusing, but it might just be kuz im really tired ;P. i mean the only thing that gets my adrenaline pumping is really really crazy storms, with lots of lightening and thunder and wind and tornado warnings, etc
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Your usage of the phrase, wicked storm, gave me the impression you were making a Maine, Stephen King type reference. Read too far into your words I guess. I live in Maine. Not from here but live here. People here use that word ALL the time. Sorry for the confusion

Just glad you guys are safe. That musta been crazyness at 65mph.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Your usage of the phrase, wicked storm, gave me the impression you were making a Maine, Stephen King type reference. Read too far into your words I guess. I live in Maine. Not from here but live here. People here use that word ALL the time. Sorry for the confusion

Just glad you guys are safe. That musta been crazyness at 65mph.

no need to apologize lol

yeah it was pretty crazy, but like i said i always always stay calm. if i had been alone it would have been nothing really, but i had a passenger that had to ride with flames roaring below her feet for approx and 1/8 of a mile, all the while choking on the fumes of burning carpet, insulation, and rubber (smells like cooking burgers on a grill btw..lol). by the time it was resolved, the windshield was completely caked with whatever it is smoke leaves behing, soot or whatever, that i could not see thru it at all. im confident it is safe now, but it is not proper, and either way i plan to keep a gallon of water with me on long trips or on really hot days, just in case. if it werent for the floormats in my car, i would have been unable to put out the flames...
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
That's exactly what happened to my father's first car, a '72 Nova, floorboard rusted out and carpet fell onto the exhaust, he was ripping out flaming carpet on the side of the road.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

That's exactly what happened to my father's first car, a '72 Nova, floorboard rusted out and carpet fell onto the exhaust, he was ripping out flaming carpet on the side of the road.

its a pretty crazy experience. i did not expect it to happen, at all. i was pushing the car kind of hard that night tho, sincei had a 25 mile highway drive so i got to actually hit highway speed for once, and floor it thru on-ramps. i had to baby it on the way home just in case (even tho i had soaked the floor with a gallon of water to be safe, right after i got all the flames out). i was hoping a cop would pull over and help me, but only 2 cars drove by, neither stopped or even slowed. that would be normal, except i was parked IN the intersection with smoke billowing out of both windows and a flaming floormat next to the car..

lucking, i just happened to have my knife on me that night

[This message has been edited by faaaaq (edited 06-03-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey if u can get it up here ill throw a patch in it for ya no prob it would take all of a hour, no biggie I have some sheet metal we could use so u woulnt need to buy anything.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Hey if u can get it up here ill throw a patch in it for ya no prob it would take all of a hour, no biggie I have some sheet metal we could use so u woulnt need to buy anything.

i could maybe get up there next week tuesday or wednesday, but i would have to make sure i get everything flammable out of the way, with such a long drive and all the hot weather we have been having. it would be greatly appreciated tho, and would further secure the safety of me and my passengers.

did i mention my drivers side door doesnt open, so for me to exit the car without diving thru fire i had to exit Dukes of Hazard style?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I was RUDELY awakened at a truck stop by a reaffer unit trailer (they turn on and off by them selves and are loud as hell) that parked next me earleyer in the night.... not only did it scare the **** out of me it put me in a pretty bad mood.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

i could maybe get up there next week tuesday or wednesday, but i would have to make sure i get everything flammable out of the way, with such a long drive and all the hot weather we have been having. it would be greatly appreciated tho, and would further secure the safety of me and my passengers.

did i mention my drivers side door doesnt open, so for me to exit the car without diving thru fire i had to exit Dukes of Hazard style?

Lol ya just let me know and maby you should be cutting a hole in the cat converter it prob is a bit plugged, I cant imagin it gettin the floor that hot with it in the right spot w the heat shield intact. but anyway yup just pull the carpet out and it should be good if u can wait till saturday next week it would be even better I usually work till 5 during the week but if u come later in the day that would work too like I said it would only take an hour tops to fix id just weld in a new chunk of sheetmetal. While your up here ill take a peek at he door too maby I can resolve that issue as well.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 06-03-2011).]

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I was RUDELY awakened at a truck stop by a reaffer unit trailer (they turn on and off by them selves and are loud as hell) that parked next me earleyer in the night.... not only did it scare the **** out of me it put me in a pretty bad mood.

i think we can all agree PK had the worst night, right? lol
well, i can probably wait quite a while, but the earlier the better. and the only days im available are tuesdays, wednesdays, and thrusdays but im free all day those days, every week. and the drivers door not functioning, if there is a way to get it to work (its pretty messed up, so idk....) would help more than you might know. drivers door doesnt open at all, and the passenger door lock doesnt work with the key, so i cant lock the car or ill be locked up (drivers door lock works, so if the door is fixed so i can open and close it, all will be well and i will be able to lock the car up at night)
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

well, i can probably wait quite a while, but the earlier the better. and the only days im available are tuesdays, wednesdays, and thrusdays but im free all day those days, every week. and the drivers door not functioning, if there is a way to get it to work (its pretty messed up, so idk....) would help more than you might know. drivers door doesnt open at all, and the passenger door lock doesnt work with the key, so i cant lock the car or ill be locked up (drivers door lock works, so if the door is fixed so i can open and close it, all will be well and i will be able to lock the car up at night)

Is this your fiero? I have a porta power so if the door is that tweaked no prob we prob can bend it back into shape or foxyfiero has a set of doors sittin here maby he would give ya the drivers one. either way we can get it workin no prob.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Is this your fiero? I have a porta power so if the door is that tweaked no prob we prob can bend it back into shape or foxyfiero has a set of doors sittin here maby he would give ya the drivers one. either way we can get it workin no prob.

no, its my new car, 1979 Regal. im not sure what the issue is with the door. my and my dad tried to pry it open with a crow bar and it didnt budge. it might just be bent tho. im not sure what caused the damage, but the dent in the door panel makes it look like a fold crease almost
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

no, its my new car, 1979 Regal. im not sure what the issue is with the door. my and my dad tried to pry it open with a crow bar and it didnt budge. it might just be bent tho. im not sure what caused the damage, but the dent in the door panel makes it look like a fold crease almost

k no prob I have the service tech book for it ill do some diggin on the door.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Something that might work better than the cookie sheet, might be a hearthplate. They are about 3/8" thick, metallic on top and bottom, with an insulating core of some kind (I never took one apart). You can get them at most good hardware stores around here and their original purpose is to place it on the floor of a room before installing a wood burning heater. They are pretty inexpnsive and can take a lot of heat and abuse and would serve temporarily till you get the floor repaired properly. They have some flexibility (bendable) to them and you can cut it to any size and shape you need with just about any type of saw or even a good pair of tin snips. I think the one I have measures about 2' X 3', and even with a roaring fire in the wood burning heater, the floor beneath the hearthplate has never even gotten warm.

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Meet the Flintstones.
PFF
System Bot
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
that would probably work better, no doubt, but i just needed to buy something quick to keep the carpet from sagging down
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

that would probably work better, no doubt, but i just needed to buy something quick to keep the carpet from sagging down

A floor mat and a stapler. Prefferably a red stapler.

Tony
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Lol when you been sleep deprived for the last 2 weeks (im no good at sleeping in a moving truck) ya it was pretty bad.... effin reffers

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

yes - classic GM
rotted floor boards
crapet catching fire from the Cat

but - great place to dump the contraband when the lights start flashing behind ya
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Just noticed,, the truck stop im at right now... im parked next to another damn reffer
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I thought stuff like this only happened on the fast and the furious.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
You know you're from the midwest when you sit in the passenger seat and automatically stretch out your left leg and bring your right foot between the seat and door.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
It`s a good thing the seat isn`t over that hole.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock