Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Valley Man Faces 75 Years In Prison For Recording Law Enforcement (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Valley Man Faces 75 Years In Prison For Recording Law Enforcement by dennis_6
Started on: 06-02-2011 02:23 PM
Replies: 51
Last post by: Tony Kania on 06-23-2011 07:20 PM
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
Michael Allison faces 75 years in prison for recording law enforcement officials without their consent in Robinson, Illinois.

Illinois is one of the states applying old eavesdropping and wiretapping statutes to new technologies like cell phones or anything else that records audio.

Those laws technically make it illegal to record on-duty law enforcement officials without their consent. The penalty for that crime here in Illinois, is a class 1 felony.

Click on the video to watch our investigation into the state law and this particular case in Crawford County.

http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=190687
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
75 years? Isn't that cruel and unusual?
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
I can see the case with off-duty, or while in private - but - while on-duty & and in public areas - fair game.
Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
He's facing 75 YEARS in prison for recording police in PUBLIC?
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
I bet those cops who beat Rodney King wish they had thought of that.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

I can see the case with off-duty, or while in private - but - while on-duty & and in public areas - fair game.

The law states:

The Illinois Eavesdropping Act has been on the books for years. It makes it a criminal offense to audio-record either private or public conversations without the consent of all parties, Mr. Schwartz said. Audio-recording a civilian without consent is a Class 4 felony, punishable by up to three years in prison for a first-time offense. A second offense is a Class 3 felony with a possible prison term of five years.

Emphasis mine

Quote found here
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it's time for an old law to get overturned.

Brad
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Brad

You got that right. It will probably get bucked all the way to SCOTUS, where every judge except Scallia will rule in favor of the cops.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 06-02-2011).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Brad

According to the video in the OP, one state congressman has tried, but the bill to overturn the eavesdropping law died in committee..
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

The Illinois Eavesdropping Act has been on the books for years. It makes it a criminal offense to audio-record either private or public conversations without the consent of all parties, Mr. Schwartz said. Audio-recording a civilian without consent is a Class 4 felony, punishable by up to three years in prison for a first-time offense. A second offense is a Class 3 felony with a possible prison term of five years.

So if you disable the microphone on your camera and only record video, you're good to go?

Cops should be accountable to those who are paying their salary... namely us, the general public. Recording them in action should not be an issue. If they're playing by the rules, then the cops should have nothing to worry about. Works both ways.
richfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richfieroSend a Private Message to richfieroDirect Link to This Post
The real kicker is cops are allowed to record you with out your consent. I'm sure the law was written so the GOV does not abuse there power not for civs.
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
what about a shirt or hat one could wear which states on it that everyone around them is being recorded. whether true or not is irrelevant. this way, anyone approaching, point to the warning - and - at that point forward - there is implied consent. much like that shiney badge "they" wear. because consent is the issue - not the actual recording.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
So what are you in for?

"I got busted filming my daughter at Wendys during her birthday party, since there was a Cop in the background, I got sent here..."
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Man, what kind of a country has this become? Seems like anything you record IN PUBLIC should be legal. It's what you DO with it that could be illegal.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
This is unconstitutional and completely wrong. Illinois has a long history of corrupt power abusing police. Some things never change.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Illinois isn't only state...

http://www.dailytech.com/Ch...son/article20735.htm

Tape NYC cops can be trouble too.

Old laws? Many states are putting New laws on book to stop taping cops.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
THAT's the Chicago way.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
That quote specifies you cannot record CIVILIANS without permission. I dont consider police civilians. I think Id be tempted to fight that one in court. Civilians are persons not in any kind of military or enforcement positions the way I see it.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

This is unconstitutional and completely wrong. Illinois has a long history of corrupt power abusing police. Some things never change.

It's a well known problem, but nothing is ever done to fix it.
Is there no recourse against a corrupt police department, or do we just recognize they're crooked and hope we never end up in their crosshairs?

I don't mean to be argumentative. Is there really nothing that can be done?
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

That quote specifies you cannot record CIVILIANS without permission. I dont consider police civilians. I think Id be tempted to fight that one in court. Civilians are persons not in any kind of military or enforcement positions the way I see it.

It's been fought many times in many jurisdictions.
Who do you think the courts side with? The police, or the public?
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

It's a well known problem, but nothing is ever done to fix it.
Is there no recourse against a corrupt police department, or do we just recognize they're crooked and hope we never end up in their crosshairs?

I don't mean to be argumentative. Is there really nothing that can be done?

Yes, you file a lawsuit and sue them.
PFF
System Bot
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post

It's been fought many times in many jurisdictions.
Who do you think the courts side with? The police, or the public?

I see a public win for this. Police have no expectation of privacy in public. To say that citizens cannot record in public is a violation of constructional rights...period.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
OK, what if a person was recording all the time, and just "happened" to record the police doing something?

Would that be legal by this standard?

Brad
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
Can be see with normal hearing, average vision, in public, it should be ok to be recorded. I do not see how there could be any argument otherwise. There was already a witness of unreliable facts. I just want to get my facts straight sometimes, I like the option of recording.

[This message has been edited by FriendGregory (edited 06-03-2011).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
So, how does this law apply to police officer car cameras? Seems like the law ought to work both ways or is there a special exemption for police to record from their cars?

------------------
Ron

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I wonder how the media gets around this law?
JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I wonder how the media gets around this law?

They can afford good lawyers. Reality is, most people have to mortgage their home and sell their assets to raise the money to sue in a case like this. Reality is, most people choose not to fight because to do so leads to bankruptcy.

BTW, this is a nationwide problem. Here's another egregious example, from Maryland: http://abcnews.go.com/US/Th...st/story?id=11179076
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

Yes, you file a lawsuit and sue them.

http://www.forwhichitstood....olice-still-illegal/

Illinois Wiretapping Laws Upheld – Recording Police Still Illegal
January 24, 2011 By Daniel Quitschau
Recently, a Federal District Court Judge, Suzanne Conlon, dismissed a challenge by the ACLU in Illinois that questioned the Illinois law that makes recording someone with their consent, on public property, a felony. Doing so can be punishable by up to fifteen years in prison. While this law applies to all recording without consent, it has been specifically used against citizens who record police officers.

http://www.dvafoto.com/2010...ce-activity-illegal/

Three US states make recording police activity illegal
June 7, 2010
"“[In three states] it is now illegal to record an on-duty police officer even if the encounter involves you and may be necessary to your defense, and even if the recording is on a public street where no expectation of privacy exists.” http://www.thefreemanonline...ameras-the-new-guns/

In one example case, motorcyclist Anthony John Graber III was stopped for reckless driving. A plain-clothes police officer stopped him, jumped out of his car waving a gun and screaming, and issued a ticket. Graber had a video camera mounted in his motorcycle helmet; he posted video of the encounter to youtube. Ten days after the police encounter, after police found the video on youtube, Graber was arrested and charged under felony wiretapping laws, which could result in up to 5 years jail time. In December 2009, street artist Christopher Drew found himself in a similar situation in Chicago. Drew was arrested while selling art on the streets of Chicago as a test of the cities anti-peddler law. During the arrest, police officers found a small audio recorder that was recording and charged Drew under felony wiretapping laws; Drew faces 4-15 years in prison.

It sounds like there needs to be a Federal level determination or SCOTUS ruling that recording police in public on duty is NOT a crime.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Illinois Wiretapping Laws Upheld – Recording Police Still Illegal
January 24, 2011 By Daniel Quitschau
Recently, a Federal District Court Judge, Suzanne Conlon, dismissed a challenge by the ACLU in Illinois that questioned the Illinois law that makes recording someone with their consent, on public property, a felony. Doing so can be punishable by up to fifteen years in prison. While this law applies to all recording without consent, it has been specifically used against citizens who record police officers.

The Judge in this case was nominated by Ronald Reagan. Here's what Judgepedia.org has to say about her judicial style:

Conlon has been rated by lawyers as a judge that has the lowest amount of pending cases in the entire Northern District of Illinois court, but has been criticized by other lawyers over her temperament. Lawyers have said to accomplish her goal of a small docket, Conlon makes inappropriate demands on attorneys. Attorneys have been critical on Conlon's scheduling, claiming it can be unrealistic, but is nonetheless enforced inflexibly. The Chicago Bar Association and many judicial rating websites have claimed she has unacceptable behavior for a federal judge. It has been suggested that she has the tendency to use the jury or others to call out attorneys that are late.

Conlon's temperament has been noted in a couple of notable controversies during her tenure as a federal judge. First, she fired a law clerk for refusing to carry her lunch up a flight of stairs when the elevator was not working. Second, she fired a law clerk on September 11, 2001 for complying with a evacuation order on the Senator Everett Dirksen Federal Building in Downtown Chicago.

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 06-03-2011).]

Axmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxmannSend a Private Message to AxmannDirect Link to This Post
Do you expect anything less from Chicago? Police are over powered and let there shinney little badges go to there ego inflated heads (NOT ALL COPS...just most) and think they are above the law. After all it's where our worthless pres. came from. And as long as he is in power welcome to Socailist states of America
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Thats crap.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Axmann:

Do you expect anything less from Chicago? Police are over powered and let there shinney little badges go to there ego inflated heads (NOT ALL COPS...just most) and think they are above the law. After all it's where our worthless pres. came from. And as long as he is in power welcome to Socailist states of America

It's not unique to Illinois.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Systematic corruption throughout IL law enforcement. Notice that none of those on the force are complaining about the law.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
How about this one. City police raid a fraternity party on OSU campus. Ohio State University Police Dept officers also arrive and take video. Does one out rank the other ? Do the city police arrest or jail the university police. Both have juristiction at the location . Whats to stop the OSU cops from releasing the video to press or Youtube.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Systematic corruption throughout IL law enforcement. Notice that none of those on the force are complaining about the law.

How many officers involved in on this cover-up?

A West Palm Beach couple who filmed Monday morning’s deadly officer-involved shooting on South Beach has accused officers of intimidation, destroying evidence and twisting the facts in the chaos surrounding the Memorial Day shootings – a charge that police officials say they know nothing about.

Meanwhile, a South Carolina man charged with DUI in a second officer-involved shooting that morning says he is innocent.

On Thursday, The Miami Herald spoke to the couple that saw the end of the 4 a.m. police chase on Collins Avenue, then watched and filmed from just a few feet away as a dozen officers fired their guns repeatedly into Raymond Herisse’s blue Hyundai. They say the only reason they were able to show the video to a reporter is because they hid a memory card after police allegedly pointed guns at their heads, threw them to the ground and smashed the cell phone that took the video.

The three-minute video captured on Narces Benoit’s HTC EVO phone begins as officers crowd around the east side of Herisse’s car with guns drawn. Roughly 15 seconds into the video, officers open fire.

Benoit filmed the incident from the sidewalk on the northeast corner of 13th Street and Collins Avenue, close enough to see some officers’ faces and individual muzzle flashes.

Shortly after the gunfire ends, an officer points at Benoit and police can be heard yelling for him to turn off the camera. The voices are muffled at times. The 35-year-old car stereo technician drops his hand with the camera and hurries back to his Ford Expedition parked further east on 13th Street.

The video shows Benoit get into the car, where his girlfriend, Ericka Davis, sat in the driver’s seat. He raises his camera and an officer is seen appearing on the driver’s side with his gun drawn, pointed at them.

The video ends as more officers are heard yelling expletives, telling the couple to turn the video off and get out of the car.

“They put guns to our heads and threw us on the ground,” Davis said.

Benoit said a Miami Beach officer grabbed his cell phone, said “You want to be [expletive] Paparazzi?” and stomped on his phone before placing him in handcuffs and shoving the crunched phone in Benoit’s back pocket. He said the couple joined other witnesses already in cuffs and being watched by officers, who were on the lookout for two passengers who, police believe at the time, had bailed out of Herisse’s car. It is still not known whether any passengers were in the car.

Four bystanders were shot in the gunfire and three officers suffered minor injuries.

Benoit and Davis said officers smashed several other cell phones in the ensuing chaos.

Benoit said the officers eventually uncuffed him after gunshots rang out elsewhere and he discreetly removed the SIM card and placed it in his mouth.

Officers again took his phone, demanding his video. He said they took him to a nearby mobile command center, snapped a picture of him, then took him to police headquarters and conducted a recorded interview while he kept the SIM card in his mouth. He insisted his phone was broken.

He was given a copy of a police property record receipt dated May 30. The couple has hired an attorney.

“We just want the right thing to be done,” Davis said. “That was just too much.”

Police Chief Carlos Noriega said the couple’s allegations were the first he’d heard of officers allegedly threatening people or destroying cameras or cell phones. If Benoit made a complaint, Internal Affairs would investigate, the chief said.

The scenes from the couple’s video that a reporter described to Noriega reflect the tension officers went through early Monday morning as they tried to get a handle on the pandemonium..

“I was there during the second shooting and it was quite a chaotic scene,” he said. “We were trying to figure out who was who and it was a difficult process. Not once did I see cameras being taken or smashed.”

He also said “a lot of our officers had their guns drawn, including myself.”

Noriega also noted that Benoit’s video is evidence and that it could help investigators.

But, Benoit said he is considering an offer from a website to sell the video.

Police say the chase Benoit and Davis saw began around 16th Street after Herisse hit a Hialeah officer with his car during a traffic stop and then peeled off down Collins Avenue, hitting or nearly hitting four other officers before skidding to a stop amid gunfire near 13th Street.

Police say they received reports that Herisse was shooting from his car, and on Wednesday they found a black Berretta 92-F semiautomatic pistol in his Hyundai.

Police also learned Thursday that he is believed to be the gunman in a November armed robbery at a BP gas station in which a clerk was shot in the face. Police say the clerk identified Herisse in a photo lineup after detectives recognized the slain 22-year-old in The Miami Herald.

Ballistics tests will be needed to prove that Herisse indeed shot the gun, and could take weeks.

But Benoit and Davis said that while they saw “bullets flying everywhere” as Herisse drove south for two blocks, the only ones they saw doing any shooting were police.

The couple was able to film the shooting because they were slowly driving north on Collins Avenue near 13th Street when gunshots rang out. They reversed east down 13th Street to get away from Herisse’s oncoming Hyundai.

“They were shooting at him the whole time,” Benoit said.

Also on Thursday, police released an arrest affidavit for Carlos King, 45, who allegedly drove his 2007 Mercedes Benz in a drunken stupor into a police perimeter on Washington Avenue, leading an officer to shoot at him before crashing into an empty squad car.

No one was injured.

Police say King, a 17-year-veteran and fire captain with the North Charleston Fire Department, smelled like alcohol and admitted to drinking and crashing after swerving around a car he thought was travelling too slow.

King’s lawyer, Saam Zangeneh, said his client wasn’t guilty of charges of driving under the influence and refusing to take a breathalyzer. He said he expected further probing by himself and others would portray “a more accurate depiction of what transpired that night.”

King said he was shocked by police actions.

“The way these police act is crazy,” he said.
Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/...d.html#ixzz1OXwVbRVq
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Four bystanders were shot in the gunfire

What the hell? I watched the videos. The police were just unloading, firing everything they had. They obviously didn't give a damn about bystanders. From the story it sounds like the cops just threw all rules, laws and rights out the door and were acting out of control.

It takes a lot of discipline and a strong chain of command to keep a military unit under control during combat. IMO, a lot of law enforcement agencies are lacking either or both.
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
So we got people who got caught with a bit of reefer stuck in jail and cops out on the street pulling this type of shi-T. WOW.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

What the hell? I watched the videos. The police were just unloading, firing everything they had. They obviously didn't give a damn about bystanders. From the story it sounds like the cops just threw all rules, laws and rights out the door and were acting out of control.

It takes a lot of discipline and a strong chain of command to keep a military unit under control during combat. IMO, a lot of law enforcement agencies are lacking either or both.

Add to that, that some--maybe a lot--of LEAs are armed and outfitted just like the military (I've heard some openly claim "We're just like the military") and it's a recipe for trouble when they lack both the individual self discipline and the upper command structure to implement and reinforce unit discipline.

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

Can be see with normal hearing, average vision, in public, it should be ok to be recorded.

i just watched a special on Netflix that talked about using special technology to record what your eyes would have seen (or do see, if you arent blind) and sending that to your brain so you can see. similar work is being done for hearing. you those be illegal as well? If simply RECORDING gets you in trouble, even without actually doign anything with the recording, shouldnt remembering the events also be illegal? and, while we are at it, why not just make witnessing the event illegal?
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

i just watched a special on Netflix that talked about using special technology to record what your eyes would have seen (or do see, if you arent blind) and sending that to your brain so you can see. similar work is being done for hearing. you those be illegal as well? If simply RECORDING gets you in trouble, even without actually doign anything with the recording, shouldnt remembering the events also be illegal? and, while we are at it, why not just make witnessing the event illegal?

Dude, SHUT UP. They don't need anymore ideas. :/
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock