Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Valley Man Faces 75 Years In Prison For Recording Law Enforcement (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Valley Man Faces 75 Years In Prison For Recording Law Enforcement by dennis_6
Started on: 06-02-2011 02:23 PM
Replies: 51
Last post by: Tony Kania on 06-23-2011 07:20 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2011 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Is there really nothing that can be done?

YUP, there are things that can be done....it involves snipers and IED's....."Enemies, foriegn and DOMESTIC"--ring a bell ?

IP: Logged
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2011 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Add to that, that some--maybe a lot--of LEAs are armed and outfitted just like the military (I've heard some openly claim "We're just like the military") and it's a recipe for trouble when they lack both the individual self discipline and the upper command structure to implement and reinforce unit discipline.

An increasing number of LEOs are ex-military with battle experience in Iraq and Afghanistan, and I suspect that experience there (shoot first, kill everything, then sort it out) is what's informing behavior here.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

An increasing number of LEOs are ex-military with battle experience in Iraq and Afghanistan, and I suspect that experience there (shoot first, kill everything, then sort it out) is what's informing behavior here.

Bullsheet.....BULL-frack-SHeet....how many of us here are ex-militry...hell, I can take an 84mm rocket and ruin yer wedding, Dalibar can knock a squirrel out of a tree at 400 anywith an AK......Don could probably take over anything he wanted...rest of ya ?

We dont, because WE CHOOSE not to...cop pigs CHOOSE to do what they do....if they really-really want to frack, then they CAN be put back into thier chairs...personally, my patience is wearing very-very thin with them
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Bullsheet.....BULL-frack-SHeet....how many of us here are ex-militry...hell, I can take an 84mm rocket and ruin yer wedding, Dalibar can knock a squirrel out of a tree at 400 anywith an AK......Don could probably take over anything he wanted...rest of ya ?

We dont, because WE CHOOSE not to...cop pigs CHOOSE to do what they do....if they really-really want to frack, then they CAN be put back into thier chairs...personally, my patience is wearing very-very thin with them

Could you, maybe, rewrite this? I can't figure out what you're trying to say...
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Bump for reference....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Where are the outrage by law enforcement and their beloved union rep's outrage over this case? Where’s their denouncement regarding the prison term, but as you can see we’re hearing crickets, because it’s systematic corruption-plain and simple.

Anyone with common sense knows that there isn’t a wire trap crime being committed. Law enforcement arrogant and their corrupted mentality over the decades are catching up with their dirty deeds due to video tapping and their action clearly indicates this by their silent.

On the other hand, if there’s a video taping of a crime committed against one of their own. They will pull all stops in capturing the suspect. They’re on local news denouncing the crime and apprehension of the suspect. Have you ever wondered how fast law enforcement goes after a suspect that shots an officer and how slow their reaction to a crime committed on a citizen? The difference is appalling.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-23-2011).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
I'm outraged, Curly. We should be able to keep cops in check by recording them. Remember back when the Patriot act came out, and many said "If you are not doing anything wrong, why should you be worried about wire taps?" Well, the same question should be asked of police in this case. If they weren't doing anything wrong on camera, they have nothing to worry about, do they?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Do you have numbers to prove this statement? Generalizing anyone in this manner will surely turn bad for you.

I have witnessed law enforcement over react as a group. It is man code to help your friends out in a fight, and any of us would do it. It is the same mentallity when a group of officers are confronted. But, as individuals, I believe that a greater percentage of officers are not evil, or PTSD victims. In all groups there are bad apples.

I watched the video posted, and can only feel sorry for the couple taping it as it unfolded in front of them. I would imagine that law enforcement would want someone to tape them doing a good job. If you have fear of being recorded, then it is obvious to me that you do not posses the charachter to be a LEO. That oath to serve and protect should never go to the wayside.

Tony
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
In this case, law enforcement see's nothing, hear nothing, and say nothing. Officers and union are united as one and if someone decides to break rants they are then fingered out as a rat. What the simplest conclusion. Since there isn’t any person on the force that has any type of integrity or virtue in speaking out regarding this matter. The only conclusion is-100% is okay with the case as it stands. 75 years in prison.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Makes filming the show COPS a touchy thing I bet.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
...turn bad for you.
Tony

Please elaborate on this...

BTW, the organization that most often goes to bat to defend citizens from this kind of abuse of power is the ACLU. So remember, if you can take down the ACLU you eliminate about the only thing going to stop police abuse...

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 06-23-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2011 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Do you have numbers to prove this statement? Generalizing anyone in this manner will surely turn bad for you.

Tony

Elaborated? Not sure what you are asking?

By grouping folks into a general consensous, ie "An increasing number of LEOs are ex-military with battle experience in Iraq and Afghanistan, and I suspect that experience there (shoot first, kill everything, then sort it out) is what's informing behavior here.", you are telling us that if you went to war, you will not make a good LEO. That is how I took your words.

I consider myself a strong proponent for cameras. If you don't break the law, (LEO included) then you have nothing to worry. Now, if you are an officer intent on having your way no matter what, then yes, be very afraid of the camera. Maybe just my opinion, but if an officer can record me on his dash camera, then I should be able to do the same. An officer is not a better class of citizen than you or I, but many think that they are. As I sit around the table with many friends that are officers, I never am afraid to speak my mind. I have had arguments about what officers are to do in their duties, and if you are at my table, then you better listen. If you disrespect me, at home, or in the public, then I will give it back ten fold. I have no issues with having complete respect for any human being. It is up to that individual as to how I treat them.

Tony

Tony
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock