Who else loves Top Gear UK? by ShadowHawk
Started on: 06-01-2011 07:05 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Pyrthian on 06-02-2011 12:40 PM
ShadowHawk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
I heard there is a Top Gear australia, and I think i remember a US version with Tanner Foust.

All I know is the UK version is pure genius.

Plus its MID ENGINE MADNESS !!!

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Top Gear UK is my favorite TV show, hands down.
http://www.finalgear.com

There are 4 shows:
Top Gear
Top Gear Australia
Fifth Gear
Top Gear America

You can download them all at the above link, in HD, no less.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Top Gear UK is my favorite TV show, hands down.
http://www.finalgear.com

There are 4 shows:
Top Gear
Top Gear Australia
Fifth Gear
Top Gear America

You can download them all at the above link, in HD, no less.

Common ground... , now if I can just get you to admit you are wrong about pretty much everything else....

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-01-2011).]

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Common ground... , now if I can just get you to admit you are wrong about pretty much everything else....

You have such high hopes, eh?
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

You just can't pass up an opportunity to troll.

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

You just can't pass up an opportunity to troll.

Wow, I thought it was a light hearted comment but whatever. Lesson learned.

Edit: I really wish you would learn what a troll is or question your own posting towards some.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-01-2011).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Wow, I thought it was a light hearted comment but whatever. Lesson learned.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 06-01-2011).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by ShadowHawk:

I heard there is a Top Gear australia, and I think i remember a US version with Tanner Foust.

All I know is the UK version is pure genius.

Plus its MID ENGINE MADNESS !!!

The next season of Top Gear UK should start this month. I'm not sure how much of a delay there is, if any, before it hits BBC-America.
If you haven't seen their latest trip to America, be sure to check out Season 15, Episode 7.
v6autogt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v6autogtSend a Private Message to v6autogtDirect Link to This Post
Go look on you tube for the top gear america.
The sick f***s destroyed a fiero on there.,and myth-busters as well.They were all nice looking cars.
I have to say the UK version is a good show.Mainly because the cars they ruin on there
are not very popular here.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Well, to be fair, Top Gear UK has also destroyed many "nice" cars.
The Reliant Robin and Morris Marina clubs aren't too happy with them, either.

Whatever you do, don't write them a letter to complain. They just drop a piano on another Fiero.
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
I've seen them ruin Lambos and Ferraris so you cant get too mad.
PFF
System Bot
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyDirect Link to This Post
One of my all-time favorites.
v6autogt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v6autogtSend a Private Message to v6autogtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShadowHawk:

I've seen them ruin Lambos and Ferraris so you cant get too mad.

My 85GT is as close to a Lambo,Ferrari as I'll ever be to owning so yeah I'm mad!! (mad as hell)...lol
I just hate to see a good car go to waste but I guess thats what people want to see.Can't save em all..
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
I've been catching up on some old ones I've missed on Netflix. They've got series 2 all the way up to darn near last year if I recall correctly available instantly on Netflix.

My BY FAR favorite episode is when they came to the U.S. and drove through the south. Painted a few choice words to piss of the locals on their cars. You got 5 points if you didn't get shot and a point for getting somebody else shot. I think they underestimated some of the locals and got run off from a gas station. They all actually looked pretty scared but it was utter hilarity on my end of the television.

On a side note, I have always wanted to hear what they had to say about the Fiero. They really don't like American cars because they say they can't turn....maybe the Fiero would change their minds.

[This message has been edited by fastblack (edited 06-02-2011).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Love it!

I like the Epic Challenge episodes. My favorite episode is probably the one where they crossed Bolivia, or maybe when they raced the Truck and Dog sled to the North Pole.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 06-02-2011).]

Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post
Agreed, the series is very good
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:
On a side note, I have always wanted to hear what they had to say about the Fiero. They really don't like American cars because they say they can't turn....maybe the Fiero would change their minds.

Are you kidding? They would utterly roast a Fiero if they were to test one. Clarkson would trash it just for being American, and with the Fiero's bad reputation, that would just add fuel to the fire. My guess would be they'd have the Stig take it for a lap, and it would burst into flames.

Top Gear UK isn't going to give any American car a fair shake. Even the ZR1 which Clarkson said he loved, he added that the quality sucked and the synchros in the tranny were crap. Hammond said a Dodge Viper had a shifter that felt like it came out of a truck. They make fun of most cars and it's not possible for them to mention anything American without taking a pot shot at it, too.

Top Gear U.S. is about the best showing you can expect for a Fiero. I thought it did really well, and Tanner said he liked the car. All of the cars were pretty much destroyed with the water at the end, though.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
yes - we love the Top Gear

even the wifey & daughter

had a tough time liking the clone Top Gears - but - once you get past the blatant "rip-off" aspect - they get good too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock