Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Florida Governor Rick Scott... balances the Florida budget. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Florida Governor Rick Scott... balances the Florida budget. by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 06-01-2011 05:37 PM
Replies: 59
Last post by: avengador1 on 06-07-2011 08:15 AM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I can't believe this hasn't made nation wide news... but apparently, Governor Rick Scott of Florida has balanced our state budget: http://www.sunshinestatenew...slature-got-it-right

Not only is this an amazing feat, he did this without raising taxes for anyone.

Did any of you other guys know this? How come I'm so late to the game to find this out? Are there more states that have a balanced budget? As far as I know, even hard-core states like Texas don't even have a balanced budget???

We don't even have a state income tax, or a property tax on automobiles / boats.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Like many other states, Florida's constitution mandates it.
Florida has a Balanced Budget Amendment, requiring the state not to have a budget deficit.
Big deal.
Rick Scott is still a crook.

------------------

Drive safely!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 06-01-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Like many other states, Florida's constitution mandates a balanced budget.
Big deal.

That's the thing, I was under the impression that almost all state budgets in our republic had to be balanced... but not a single damned one of them are.

Like him or hate him... this was an amazing feat.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I don't have a problem with Scott - I voted for him - except for the part about making state employees start paying 3% of their salaries for the retirement plan. Ordinarily I wouldn't be bothered with that, even tho I AM a state employee and it does sound fair. But it should start out only affecting employees who make enough to afford such a sudden hit on their paycheck, like those with an annual salary of $50k & up. Then phase in the rest of us peons over time. I make far less than 50k and I live from paycheck to paycheck, and can barely buy the gas to get to work, so to suddenly change the conditions of my employment just like that, well, that's a BIG hit on my grocery budget.

Otherwise, I still don't regret voting for him. Regarding the accusations about his former career, I believe his side of the story. He seems to be a man of character. That's just my opinion. I could not have let myself vote for a career politician, like Bill McCollum or whatever his name was.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Like many other states, Florida's constitution mandates it.
Florida has a Balanced Budget Amendment, requiring the state not to have a budget deficit.
Big deal.

Sure CA would love to have a crook for a governor and have a balanced budget.
Well having half I guess is better than nothing.
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
but he is still lagging in the polls..
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Let's see, Rick Scott has an (R) after his name? Check.

Neptune chimes in within 5 minutes to bash him and explain why anything he's done right doesn't count? Check.

No comment from Neptune in the Anthony Weiner, (D)ick thread after 21 hours? Check.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
The only reason the government "mandates" employees set aside money for their retirement is that most people spend all their money and save nothing. Ninety years ago George Eastman set up a "bonus" plan for his employees because he discovered that his employees once retired had saved nothing and were destitute in retirement. The bonus was to be saved, but when the employees got that bonus, the people blew that also. Social Security was set up for the same reason. But the Kodak bonus was set up in individual accounts in the 60s for investing as an option. But many did not even do that. Social Security was just lumped into a large pool and if you survived to retirement age it was to be used as a suppliment to your savings. People still had no savings and SS became an entitlement income for the retired, children, disabled, illegals and to many who never contributed a dime to the system.

Yet people will not save/invest for their own future and the goverment needs to force them to save. A sad commentary on the state of the general population.

ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
this whole state is corrupt

just kidding i dont know politics

[This message has been edited by ShadowHawk (edited 06-01-2011).]

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Neptune chimes in within 5 minutes to bash him and explain why anything he's done right doesn't count? Check.

No comment from Neptune in the Anthony Weiner, (D)ick thread after 21 hours? Check.

Neptuna was also a rabid supporter of Alan Grayson

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
That's the thing, I was under the impression that almost all state budgets in our republic had to be balanced... but not a single damned one of them are.

Like him or hate him... this was an amazing feat.

Sounds good in such a economic climate to have a balanced budget, hopefully more people can shed some light on how all the states are doing it, if indeed they are.

Here's a quick article I found. Sounds like 49 of the 50 states are unable to run deficits?? Like to hear more about how this works if people know.

Here's what Haridopolos said, in praising the framework of Florida's 2011-12 budget: "While many states and the federal government are floundering under crushing deficit spending, we kept our promise that we would not raise taxes or fees during these difficult economic times." Haridopolos might have been trying to say that many states raised taxes to balance their budget, but we're sticking to his actual words.

Vermont is the only state -- either by statute or constitution -- that can run deficit budgets like the federal government. But it's chosen to balance its budget. All other states are required to pass balanced budgets. We rate Haridopolos' claim False.

http://www.politifact.com/f...es-not-florida-are-/

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-01-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

http://www.politifact.com/f...es-not-florida-are-/

I'm kind of confused by your link... the link you sent is half-suggesting that none of the states are actually experiencing any crushing debt whatsoever...?

This link kind of suggests differently, and it's from the very center that this link is referencing:

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=711

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

I'm kind of confused by your link... the link you sent is half-suggesting that none of the states are actually experiencing any crushing debt whatsoever...?

This link kind of suggests differently, and it's from the very center that this link is referencing:

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=711

Yeah..... you're right your link is full of better information.

Some critics continue to assert that President George W. Bush’s policies bear little responsibility for the deficits the nation faces over the coming decade — that, instead, the new policies of President Barack Obama and the 111th Congress are to blame. Most recently, a Heritage Foundation paper downplayed the role of Bush-era policies (for more on that paper, see p. 4). Nevertheless, the fact remains: Together with the economic downturn, the Bush tax cuts and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq explain virtually the entire deficit over the next ten years

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3036

Just kidding, I found it funny a site you linked had this story in it, I'm guessing it's not one of your normal haunts.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3036

Just kidding, I found it funny a site you linked had this story in it, I'm guessing it's not one of your normal haunts.

Hahah... well, I've been to it from time to time. I know it's a left-leaning site, but they can't LIE about stuff, only to give an alternate "perspective." But their hard data can't be disputed... only the reasonings they give.

I'm impressed with Florida because unlike the vast majority of other states, Florida hasn't raised corporate taxes (we already have no income tax). Places like Illinois and California have raised taxes over the past year in order to try to balance the budget, but have still had significant shortfalls (as the data would show).

EDIT: I actually have an interesting idea that I think will really help the economy. I'll post it later... not that it will make any difference.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 06-01-2011).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

LOL

Same ole, same ole.

Oh, and add to that his proof is an opinion piece from firedoglake. Uh huh. Here is how the *publisher* describes it:

About Us
"Jane Hamsher is the founder and publisher of Firedoglake.com, a leading progressive blog."

Nice unbiased source, there, Neptune

LOL
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

I can't believe this hasn't made nation wide news... but apparently, Governor Rick Scott of Florida has balanced our state budget: http://www.sunshinestatenew...slature-got-it-right

Not only is this an amazing feat, he did this without raising taxes for anyone.

Instead of raising taxes, he cut funding. Some of the funding cuts were good, and some not so good, IMO. For example, the education system took a big hit. I can post details later. But it's been all over the newspapers for the last few weeks. You may be able to find some info or articles on the Orlando Sentinel website, and/or the News Channel 13 website.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Hahah... well, I've been to it from time to time. I know it's a left-leaning site, but they can't LIE about stuff, only to give an alternate "perspective." But their hard data can't be disputed... only the reasonings they give.

I'm impressed with Florida because unlike the vast majority of other states, Florida hasn't raised corporate taxes (we already have no income tax). Places like Illinois and California have raised taxes over the past year in order to try to balance the budget, but have still had significant shortfalls (as the data would show).

EDIT: I actually have an interesting idea that I think will really help the economy. I'll post it later... not that it will make any difference.

That's cool, I was just messing with you on that one. Glad you took it as such.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Instead of raising taxes, he cut funding. Some of the funding cuts were good, and some not so good, IMO. For example, the education system took a big hit. I can post details later. But it's been all over the newspapers for the last few weeks. You may be able to find some info or articles on the Orlando Sentinel website, and/or the News Channel 13 website.

I heard that too... but I have to wonder that if both Democrats and Republicans are angry with him, then either he's totally horrible, or he's actually REALLY good.

My understanding (what I've breifly understood) is that all the cuts that were made, were actually not cuts at all, but in fact the stimulus money ran out. The state took a substantial amount of stimulus money that was used to hire a bunch of new teachers over a year ago, and since that was only a one-time income, the state had no way to continue to pay for it. I remember this being mentioned several times... and as I understood that is where the supposed "cuts" came from.

That said, I've been hearing over the radio the past few days that several teachers will actually get hired again and that they're supposedly supposed to hear later this week? (just did a quick search and couldn't find anything).

Interestingly enough, I have two members of my family who actually work directly for the teachers unions... one for the United Teachers of Dade, and another for the Broward Teacher's Union. Needless to say, I don't really talk about this stuff with them...

That's cool, I was just messing with you. Glad you took it as such.

I know sometimes I act like a ***** , but I'd never want anyone to feel like they have to walk on egg-shells around me... hah.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Whether or not a funding cut is good or bad really depends on the viewer's perspective. I don't care who you ask, opinions will differ. Balancing a budget will normally piss off most folks because some of their favored programs were cut while other programs they don't like didn't get a big enough cut. It all depends on who you ask. Personally, I'd begin cuts with entitlements but, that would piss off the recipients of those entitlements. The governor is in a no win situation, he's gonna piss off somebody. I don't know much about this governor but, if he balanced FL's budget, he did good in my eyes.

------------------
Ron

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

I know sometimes I act like a ***** , but I'd never want anyone to feel like they have to walk on egg-shells around me... hah.

It's all good 82-T/A, I might disagree with lots of things (opinions and the like) on here but I can easily seperate that from the person at the core. You're good people in my book. Totally nuts IMO.... but good people none the less. (kidding)

I think you have seen I rarely walk on egg shells here and hope you would never do anything of the like because of me.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Mitch Daniels in Indiana balanced the budget, AND has a $1 BILLION surplus. Oh yeah, he didn't raise taxes either...
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

It's all good 82-T/A, I might disagree with lots of things (opinions and the like) on here but I can easily seperate that from the person at the core. You're good people in my book. Totally nuts IMO.... but good people none the less. (kidding)

I think you have seen I rarely walk on egg shells here and hope you would never do anything of the like because of me.

Hahah... thanks.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
This is the only "good" thing Gov. Rick Scott has done:

http://www2.tbo.com/news/po...tests-ban-ar-233914/

Everything else he's done reminds me of a scorched earth policy. The kicker was when he called his constituents "employees"......... No, Mr. Scott, YOU are our employee.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here is that last thing I read about our governor.
Poll: Rick Scott one of the nation's least popular governors
http://www.tampabay.com/new...ar-governors/1171680

Gov. Rick Scott is one of the least popular governors in the United States, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll that shows 57 percent of Florida voters disapprove of his job performance.

Only 29 percent favor the job Scott is doing, the poll of 1,196 registered voters shows.

Scott's job-performance numbers mirror public sentiment about the state budget, which cuts spending on schools, health care and programs for the environment. Scott plans to cut even more and is expected today to veto more than $350 million in spending, mulling whether to break predecessor Charlie Crist's 2007 veto record of $459 million.

The poll finds that 54 percent of voters say the budget is "unfair" to someone like them, while 29 percent favor it.

"The data on the perceived fairness of the governor's budget is crucial. When voters by almost 2-1 say his approach is unfair to them, that's a giant flashing political warning sign for Scott," said Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute. "When voters don't think they are being treated fairly, they tend to react negatively."

Voters are even more fed up with the economy, perhaps the biggest drag on Scott or any other political leader in the nation. In Florida, 61 percent say they're dissatisfied in general.

When asked about his low poll numbers Wednesday, Scott shrugged it off.

"My job is to get our state back to work. My job is to make sure this is the state that's most likely to succeed," he said on the Sid Rosenberg Show on WQAM radio in South Florida.

Scott's job approval rating is the lowest of any governor out of the six states polled by Quinnipiac, a Connecticut university that also surveys voters in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and its home state. Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn have job-approval ratings comparable to Scott's, though the surveys were taken at different times or by pollsters other than Quinnipiac's.

Brown said he was unaware of any poll of any other governor showing a lower approval rating. Nor could pollsters John Zogby, Matt Towery, Brad Coker or Tom Jensen cite a lower rating. A Times/Herald survey of recent polls of controversial governors in large states showed Scott has the lowest approval rating.

The Quinnipiac poll, which has a margin of error of 2.8 percentage points, was released the day before Scott travels to the Republican-friendly retirement community of the Villages, where he plans to host a campaign-style celebration of his signing of the $69.7 billion budget. Scott plans to veto millions of dollars of spending, particularly hometown projects inserted by top members of the Republican-led Legislature, which has job-approval ratings comparable to Scott's.

Scott has called the proposal a "jobs budget" that will help get Florida's economy moving. But despite the nickname, the budget will lead to more layoffs in the short term because it eliminates nearly 4,500 state worker positions, thousands of which are currently filled. Scott says that shrinking the footprint of government will help the private sector flourish.

But 61 percent of voters say they believe the budget won't help create jobs, compared with 26 percent who say it will. Thirty-eight percent say the budget could hurt the state's economy, 31 percent say it will make no difference, and 23 percent say the budget will help.

There are two different ways to view budget cuts. From one perspective, the Republican-controlled Legislature closed a nearly $3.8 billion budget gap that opened up as a result of increased needs and decreased revenues. From another perspective, the Legislature reduced basic bottom-line spending by $700 million when you compare the current budget with the budget Scott plans to sign today.

Either way, 47 percent of voters say the budget cuts too much, 22 percent say the cuts are just about right and 18 percent say lawmakers didn't cut enough.

In a sign Scott has had trouble communicating his message, the poll shows that only 42 percent of voters believe he has kept his word to avoid raising taxes or fees, while 40 percent say he broke the pledge. Though the budget raises college tuition — a measure Scott could veto — he hasn't raised taxes.

Scott's abysmal numbers could make it tougher to press his agenda in the future and make him less of a draw to Republicans running for the White House. Scott's predecessor, Crist, had sky-high poll numbers that led presidential hopefuls to make pilgrimages to Tallahassee. So far, only former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty has paid Scott a courtesy call in the out-of-the-way state Capitol.

Scott's numbers aren't the worst of any governor. Democrat Lawton Chiles in 1992 had an approval rating of 22 percent while 76 percent gave him a negative rating. Chiles went on to beat Jeb Bush in 1994. The pollster who conducted that survey, Brad Coker with Mason-Dixon Polling & Research, pointed out that Chiles' bad poll numbers were the result of the state's botched response to Hurricane Andrew.

"Rick Scott doesn't have that excuse," Coker said.

Public Policy Polling, a North Carolina firm, reported Wednesday that Ohio Republican Gov. John Kasich's approval numbers have plummeted to the point that 33 percent of his state's voters approve of his job performance and 56 percent disapprove — nearly matching Scott's approval ratings in a March survey. Like Kasich and Wisconsin Republican Gov. Scott Walker, Scott has successfully called for reductions in taxes, regulations and state-worker benefits.

Public Policy's Tom Jensen said his firm has polled 40 state governors and Scott stands out as one of the least-liked — and the least concerned about it. He said nearly every governor of a big state is struggling due to the economy and voter discontent.

"If there was a governor who wouldn't come back," Jensen said, "it would be Rick Scott because it seems he's the least likely to care if he's not popular."

He may be unpopular but I think he is doing an overall good job. Someone has to make the tough choices and he is doing what he promised he said he would do. I also voted for him.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

This is the only "good" thing Gov. Rick Scott has done:

http://www2.tbo.com/news/po...tests-ban-ar-233914/

Everything else he's done reminds me of a scorched earth policy. The kicker was when he called his constituents "employees"......... No, Mr. Scott, YOU are our employee.

It's all about perspective.

------------------
Ron

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

The kicker was when he called his constituents "employees"......... No, Mr. Scott, YOU are our employee.

Wow, now THAT is completely out of line.
What a stupid thing to say.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

The kicker was when he called his constituents "employees"......... No, Mr. Scott, YOU are our employee.

Hmm,

I haven't seen the quote or circumstances of this statement. Got a link to that?

------------------
Ron

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Mitch Daniels in Indiana balanced the budget, AND has a $1 BILLION surplus. Oh yeah, he didn't raise taxes either...

Right.. he just butchered the ever-lovin piss out of the education system here..

Kudo's for that "My Man Mitch!"
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

THAT is awesome... seriously, not being fesicious (sp?)... I'm impressed.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Hmm,

I haven't seen the quote or circumstances of this statement. Got a link to that?

Somewhere, I'm sure... Basically he said he was "listening to his employees" when they said to "do this instead of that" yadda yadda.

Edit: here: http://blogs.orlandosentine...o-the-employees.html

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 06-01-2011).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Somewhere, I'm sure... Basically he said he was "listening to his employees" when they said to "do this instead of that" yadda yadda.

Edit: here: http://blogs.orlandosentine...o-the-employees.html

Thanks for the link. Based on that link, I can see what was said and again, I remind you it's all about perspective. He was making a comparassion, it's right there. Comparing business and employee opinions with that of the public. Unless there's something else, I'd have to call partisan politics on this one. He did not call his constitutents his employees in the provided statement.

Originally posted from the provided link:
“I understand there’s people that like things and don’t like things,” Scott said. “It’s really no different than in business. Because in business everyone doesn’t agree with everything you do. All your employees won’t say, ‘Oh yeah, I think you should exactly do this instead of that.’”
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

THAT is awesome... seriously, not being fesicious (sp?)... I'm impressed.

facetious*

my $.01 for the day.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

facetious*

my $.01 for the day.

If Cliff is willing to give me the time, I will program a spell checker in here! hahah... but thanks for the correction. I only need to be corrected 2 more times and then I'll remember.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

If Cliff is willing to give me the time, I will program a spell checker in here! hahah... but thanks for the correction. I only need to be corrected 2 more times and then I'll remember.

When you get the spelling warning, just right click on the word for suggested spellings.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

When you get the spelling warning, just right click on the word for suggested spellings.

But he was so far off that MS Word would have tried to replace 'fesicious' with "felicitous," "fastidious," or "delicious."
Not trying to knock you twice for the same word Todd, but I ain't walking on no egg shells.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

But he was so far off that MS Word would have tried to replace 'fesicious' with "felicitous," "fastidious," or "delicious."
Not trying to knock you twice for the same word Todd, but I ain't walking on no egg shells.

Unnerstand. Some folks are not aware that the capability is already there.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Unnerstand. Some folks are not aware that the capability is already there.

Actually, that's not on Pennock's... I believe that's a built-in Microsoft "plug-in" for Internet Explorer that gives you that functionality. Wasn't sure if you knew that already, but it's not on Pennocks.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Actually, that's not on Pennock's... I believe that's a built-in Microsoft "plug-in" for Internet Explorer that gives you that functionality. Wasn't sure if you knew that already, but it's not on Pennocks.

Yep. Its a browser function. Looks for what ever is in the loaded dictionary. It just appears that MANY don't know.

Here is the FireFox dictionary access:

mispelled

Right-click in the text area.

If you have trouble spelling, check your dictionary and USE it!

Edit: Changed the graphic

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 06-02-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Yep. Its a browser function. Looks for what ever is in the loaded dictionary. It just appears that MANY don't know.

Here is the FireFox dictionary access:

If you have trouble spelling, check your dictionary and USE it!

Honestly, I don't know if I necessarily benefit from the use of a dictionary all the time, or if I like being corrected better. I'd rather learn, and I can't tell if the process of spelling correction might simply become routine, vs. the seldom post correcting me (which I feel I am more apt to remember).

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Honestly, I don't know if I necessarily benefit from the use of a dictionary all the time, or if I like being corrected better. I'd rather learn, and I can't tell if the process of spelling correction might simply become routine, vs. the seldom post correcting me (which I feel I am more apt to remember).

I know, its just that red squiggly line that bugs me. When I see it, I know sumthin's WRONG, so I like to get it right (pet peeve) before posting.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock