Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Kentucky pickup truck driver tries to kill motorcyclist for passing (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Kentucky pickup truck driver tries to kill motorcyclist for passing by JazzMan
Started on: 06-01-2011 01:55 PM
Replies: 137
Last post by: theBDub on 12-01-2011 07:01 PM
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I don't understand all the animosity toward jazzman. Is it because his attackers dislike him from his other posts?

Read back through this entire thread.

Jazzman didn't allow someone to have a differing opinion from him once, besides the time where he was saying it 'tongue-in-cheek'

People weren't having animosity towards Jazzman. Jazzman was having animosity towards everyone else. He just remained calm during the whole thing, so he doesn't look like the bad guy. Really, he isn't "the bad guy". But he didn't allow any room for discussion here. Everything anyone said about the motorcyclist, he claimed was an excuse of "justification". No, that's not what was said.

What was said is that many people feel the motorcyclist should get a ticket for crossing the yellow line.
The truck driver should get 15+ accounts of that, or reckless driving, or what-have-you, plus potentially even an attempted murder.

Truck driver was in the wrong.
Rider was in the wrong.
No, I'm not comparing the two... at all.
IP: Logged
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

What was said is that many people feel the motorcyclist should get a ticket for crossing the yellow line.
The truck driver should get 15+ accounts of that, or reckless driving, or what-have-you, plus potentially even an attempted murder.

Rider was in the wrong.

^This is really all I was trying to say. I don't feel like going back through this thread again. If what I said earlier reflects anything besides this, then I was failing to express my thoughts across the Internet. I don't have any animosity towards Jazzman (if I'm even the one being implied).
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2011 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I no longer ride because it isn't a fair match. I have never run across anyone actually trying to take me out on a bike. I have had people who did not see me at all. I always assumed that they were looking for cars and their mind didn't connect to their eyeballs. I always rode as though I was invisible because to some people I was. I used to hear from other riders that car drivers tried to get them and I always discounted their attitude. I will have to reconsider that now. Glad to hear they put him away. I don't understand all the animosity toward jazzman. Is it because his attackers dislike him from his other posts?

It's because I'm a moderate liberal democrat on a far-right conservative board. That's the root of it. That engenders all sorts of personal attacks, which I lately have decided it's time to respond to. I no longer have any interest in trying to shape my persona here to fit in with the crowd here. Yes, like Brad says, look back through my posts and response here to the vile, vicious, nasty attacks I've been subject to, look at who does most all the name calling, insinuating, insulting, character assasisnation, etc, and make your own judgement.

WRT to this topic, I still ride, have ridden over 35,000 miles in the last 30 months. I rarely break the law, and when I do it's only speeding, and even then not by much as I don't go more than 5mph faster than prevailing speed. Otherwise, I use my signals, obey all road markings and traffic signs, and even am polite and courteous, such as letting people over who are using their turn signals. I don't tailgate, which is actually not illegal in this state at all. Yet, I dodge cagers every single day. Most are just jacking off their cellphone and not paying attention, but I deal with aggressive drivers and tailgaters on a regular basis as well. It's why I run a helmet cam.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:
It's because I'm a moderate liberal democrat on a far-right conservative board.

Jazzman didn't allow someone to have a differing opinion from him once ....

JazzMan is always right.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Just went back and viewed the video. That guy is mental. I only saw the bike over the double line once. The pickup, I lost track of how many times. I gotta say that there were double lines in lots of places where it looked safe to pass to me. Especially on a sport bike. I know, I know the law doesn't make a distinction. I always consider the purpose of the law however and I know that I risk a ticket. I don't always come to a COMPLETE stop at a stop sign, but I still feel that I have complied with the purpose of the law if not the letter of the law. Some cops will let you go, some will nail you to the letter. I'm trying to modify my behavior because tickets cost a lot more than when I was young, plus the insurance. Anyway it's scary to think that there actually are guys like that out there. I no longer give the bird to assholes. Some of them are packing and that's all the excuse they need.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 11-29-2011).]

masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Guilty conscience?

I only said some, not all. You are the one that automatically assumed I was talking about you.

I really could care less what is legal, or illegal, and I would love less Government involvement. BUT if someone uses a motorcycle in an unsafe manner for not only them, but others around them, then there should at the very least be special licensing to ride them, I'm not talking just a motorcycle license, any monkey that can balance can get that. I am talking about training, and some common sense.

If you want to go out and kill yourself I'm all for it, do what makes you happy, but if you want to take others out with you, then I still believe that there should be a law.

Brad

So don't drive recklessly - which is already illegal. Nothing to do with outlawing sport bikes, which would be a ridiculous intrusion of government.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday, I was driving my G35 Coupe to work. The guy in front of me was doing around 55mph, the speed limit. I decided to pass him. It was a two lane highway. First of all, I wasn't tailgating. I don't do that. I waited for an opportunity and passed him. Then he speeds up to me at 67mph. He doesn't ride me but he stays right with every move for about 3 miles. So when I turned a corner I get up to 80 and leave him to the point of where I can't see him anymore.
I see him again about 5-6 miles later, he's behind me in a turning lane. He proceeds to flash a Flash-light from inside the car through the windshield towards me. I'm thinking, that's weird. So I turn and take off again. Speed limit is now 65mph, I get up to 78mph and stick the cruise on and once again i can't find him in the rear view.

About 4 miles later he is right behind me again on the highway. I switch lanes to let him by, he gets behind me, I switch back he switches back. He followed me for another 5-6 miles and FINALLY turned off a exit while flashing his high beams.

Weirdest thing, and it was all because I passed him. People are strange. It's legal to pass someone. Especially when you do it properly and courtiously.
I'm not trying to piss anyone off with my driving and I am courtious to most everyone. I don't understand people...

Oh, yea, he was driving a older Nissan Sedan of some sort.

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/085541.html

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
The world is getting more stressful and I think that people express their exasperation often with their driving technique. Probably without even realizing it. I think that it is a sign of our times. I remember a kinder gentler time.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

It's because I'm a moderate liberal democrat on a far-right conservative board.

Moderate? This made me LOL.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Read back through this entire thread.

Jazzman didn't allow someone to have a differing opinion from him once, besides the time where he was saying it 'tongue-in-cheek'

People weren't having animosity towards Jazzman. Jazzman was having animosity towards everyone else. He just remained calm during the whole thing, so he doesn't look like the bad guy. Really, he isn't "the bad guy". But he didn't allow any room for discussion here. Everything anyone said about the motorcyclist, he claimed was an excuse of "justification". No, that's not what was said.

Rider was in the wrong.

"was in the wrong" is pretty vague. is there anything in the video which suggests someone should die? because that truck driver was well on his way to KILLING. There are few road violations I can think of worthy of killing the operator. crossing a dbl yellow certianly is nowehere near "death worthy" violation.

the truck driver was volatile. ANYTHING could have made him go ape-**** like that. perhaps next time he'll go ape-**** over a Fiero. Or he doesnt like what you are wearing. Or, perhaps he just like the female you are with. there is not one ounce of justification for the truck drivers behaviour. NONE. yes, crossing the dbl yellow is a municipal violation. so - how about if it were something else? like perhaps blowing the horn? that is not even illegeal - how do you think that would turn out with this ****nut? or how about if he was legally passed, but flew the middle finger at the truck driver? them are even MORE likely to get this dipsquat on a murder run, and are fully legal. would them be OK in this "cause effect" kind of thinking?

tho, I fully understand the concept people have of it should be OK to go after people who piss them off. It is a theme which seems to run deep around here. they made me upset, so it should be A-Ok to make a attempt to harm them. basicly - bullying. isnt that basicly what happened here? I suppose this is how many seem to find that crossing the dbl yellow is worth killing over. because someones "manhood" was challenged, and manhood challanges can be battle to the death. and, that should be OK. because manhood is involved.

so - how about if someone illegally parks. is it OK to try and kill them? who has exceeded the speed limit? according to a few here, that is justification to attempt to kill you. and, in fact - you should EXPECT that - because you are such a road violation. according to many here - with road violations, you should expect people to make attempts on your life?

yes, the cycle rider was wrong in crossing the dbl yellow - and - I would expect there was likely some excessive speed as well. but - I find NO justification in that for murder, attempted murder, or even worthy of a raised voice. I would never, and still do not, expect that someone will try and kill me, if I try to pass them. dbl yellow or not. EVER. I would more expect such a reaction if I blew the horn, and gave them finger as I passed. and that is 100% legal. so - crossing the dbl yellow was not a cause/effect - it was an excuse for an idiot to go ape-**** . and - one way or another - that fool was gonna go ape-**** on someone. if not this rider - someone else. maybe his wife/kids? imagine what that household is like, eh?......
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Exactly! He's in jail now right? Hope he thinks it over and doesn't come out more pissed than when he went in. Scary guy, and they are out there.
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwrape:

Weirdest thing, and it was all because I passed him. People are strange. It's legal to pass someone. Especially when you do it properly and courtiously.
I'm not trying to piss anyone off with my driving and I am courtious to most everyone. I don't understand people...

Oh, yea, he was driving a older Nissan Sedan of some sort.

I agree that the Nissan driver had some kind of problem, and I go above the speed limit regularly when passing, but the letter of the law actually states that you aren't allowed to surpass posted speed limits, even while in a legal passing zone. (At least here in MN)

*This post is entirely informational, and is in no way condemning you for your actions, nor trying to say that the other driver was somehow justified for his behavior.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-01-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Moderate? This made me LOL.

Tell me, since you know me so well, what's my stance on gun control? Immigration? Taking of property by government? Just curious what you think you know...
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jazzman
Tell me, since you know me so well, what's my stance on gun control? Immigration? Taking of property by government? Just curious what you think you know...

I knew you would have to comment on my post, but anybody could have predicted that. My post wasn't bait for you to comment on but you seem to take things too personal on here.
To answer your question, your stance on most items that are political is to stick your head in the sand or did you forget the fit your threw about this?
To quote you:

In the bigger picture, we really need a way for forum members to change the way a post is tagged. Even though this thread is 90% politics it's not marked political, thus allowing it to show despite the fact that I've got politics and religion turned off. What good is filtering if the filters don't matter? What I think would be a good idea for Cliff to implement would be a thread voting system. If enough people vote a thread (not marked as political) as being political, either from the outset or turned into one by the Usual Suspects, then the appropriate tag would get set and the thread would disappear from the view of those, who like me, have chosen to not read political threads.

Cliff gave me a choice to not see political threads; I'd really like it if that choice mattered.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...6/HTML/081572-5.html

From that same thread.

One of the reasons I walked away from Pennocks was to get away from the politics, and the ensuing character assassination, bullying and intimidation, and general foulness that festers here in the form of right (and left, though a microscopically small segment) wing extremists constantly beating their political meat here in OT. I'm only just getting back to where I can stomach it enough to participate here, but just because I can doesn't mean it's not an extremely unpleasant experience for me.

I know you are a masochist because you consider this forum to be such a terrible place that you can't stomach it, yet you still remain here.
Let's be honest for a minute. You know that you would have deleted every single technical post you have made on this forum if you could have. The only reason you didn't is because they are archived and can't be deleted anymore. You tried to do this because of your hatred of this forum so it makes me and others wonder why you insist on staying here? Here is a quote by another forum member (whom I won't identify so you can't harass him) that probably sums up how many here feel about you.

I don't give a crap about what he thinks about me... For that, you need to have some sort of importance in my life. To me he ranks about the same as an amoeba. Wait, that's not true. I find amoeba slightly interesting. He ranks about the same as a rock. A dumb rock.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-01-2011).]

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-01-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Your lack of answer and continued personal attacks speak for themselves.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I did answer your question, you just can't see my answer because you are too thick headed. What do you call a person who says he doesn't like it here but yet refuses to leave? Believe me when I say that some people here are not going to make you feel welcomed because of your attitude towards this place, it's residents, and it's rules. Point out what I said in my posts above that isn't true and explain why these are a personal attack. Does the truth hurt?

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-01-2011).]

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-01-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I did answer your question, you just can't see my answer because you are too thick headed. What do you call a person who says he doesn't like it here but yet refuses to leave? Believe me when I say that some people here are not going to make you feel welcomed because of your attitude towards this place, it's residents, and it's rules. Point out what I said in my posts above that isn't true and explain why these are a personal attack. Does the truth hurt?

Here's my question:

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I looked and looked through your post, and honestly can't see where you answered any part of it. You insulted me several times, called me names, but never answered. Please, help me overcome my ignorance by pointing out in your post above, where the answers are to my question.

BTW, the insult "To answer your question, your stance on most items that are political is to stick your head in the sand or did you forget the fit your threw about this?" is not an answer. I asked your opinion on what you perceived my stance is on three different issues. I'll provide space for you to answer them below:

Gun control:

Immigration:
Taking of property by government (and to be clear, I mean real property, land, homes, that sort of stuff):
Hint: Your answer must include words related to key words in my question. For instance, on gun control, you can't talk about how I don't like cheese and call me names (the former being a lie, I love cheese, and the latter being just name calling).

Specifics, Avengador, I want specifics. I suspect the reason you can't answer is because you have never read enough of my posts to even know what my positions are on those three topics, which begs the obvious question, how can you be qualified to discuss me at all?

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 12-01-2011).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:
"was in the wrong" is pretty vague. is there anything in the video which suggests someone should die? because that truck driver was well on his way to KILLING. There are few road violations I can think of worthy of killing the operator. crossing a dbl yellow certianly is nowehere near "death worthy" violation.

the truck driver was volatile. ANYTHING could have made him go ape-**** like that. perhaps next time he'll go ape-**** over a Fiero. Or he doesnt like what you are wearing. Or, perhaps he just like the female you are with. there is not one ounce of justification for the truck drivers behaviour. NONE. yes, crossing the dbl yellow is a municipal violation. so - how about if it were something else? like perhaps blowing the horn? that is not even illegeal - how do you think that would turn out with this ****nut? or how about if he was legally passed, but flew the middle finger at the truck driver? them are even MORE likely to get this dipsquat on a murder run, and are fully legal. would them be OK in this "cause effect" kind of thinking?

tho, I fully understand the concept people have of it should be OK to go after people who piss them off. It is a theme which seems to run deep around here. they made me upset, so it should be A-Ok to make a attempt to harm them. basicly - bullying. isnt that basicly what happened here? I suppose this is how many seem to find that crossing the dbl yellow is worth killing over. because someones "manhood" was challenged, and manhood challanges can be battle to the death. and, that should be OK. because manhood is involved.

so - how about if someone illegally parks. is it OK to try and kill them? who has exceeded the speed limit? according to a few here, that is justification to attempt to kill you. and, in fact - you should EXPECT that - because you are such a road violation. according to many here - with road violations, you should expect people to make attempts on your life?

yes, the cycle rider was wrong in crossing the dbl yellow - and - I would expect there was likely some excessive speed as well. but - I find NO justification in that for murder, attempted murder, or even worthy of a raised voice. I would never, and still do not, expect that someone will try and kill me, if I try to pass them. dbl yellow or not. EVER. I would more expect such a reaction if I blew the horn, and gave them finger as I passed. and that is 100% legal. so - crossing the dbl yellow was not a cause/effect - it was an excuse for an idiot to go ape-**** . and - one way or another - that fool was gonna go ape-**** on someone. if not this rider - someone else. maybe his wife/kids? imagine what that household is like, eh?......

I already said I wasn't comparing the two. Your post doesn't apply.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock