Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Anthony Weiner , (D) Congressman, accused of sending a picture of his ... (LOL) (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Anthony Weiner , (D) Congressman, accused of sending a picture of his ... (LOL) by htexans1
Started on: 05-31-2011 08:51 PM
Replies: 266
Last post by: htexans1 on 09-15-2011 04:48 PM
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Heres the story on what he is eligible for as a former congressman, retired.

FOX

37G's will buy a whole lotta internet time and sd cards for pix of your uhhh family.

http://www.foxnews.com/poli...ing-out-resignation/

With his decision to resign, Rep. Anthony Weiner's meteoric rise from congressional aide to Democratic Party attack-dog-in-chief comes screeching to a halt.

But while his future is as blurry as some of those X-rated Internet photos of him, the seven-term congressman at least has a taxpayer-backed pension to look forward to.

At a minimum, the New York Democrat is eligible for a basic pension worth about $37,000 a year once he hits the retirement age -- not counting other odd-and-ends benefits. The benefits are afforded to every member of Congress who meets the basic requirements, and Weiner would be no exception.

Granted, the 46-year-old congressman is at least a decade away from being able to claim his pension. But under federal rules, once he reaches 56, Weiner could pull in a portion of that annuity. If he waits until he reaches 62, the basic package would be worth the full $37,000, with cost-of-living adjustments kicking in after that.

Weiner admitted at an emotional news conference last week to sending racy photos and messages to six women he met through social networking websites over the past three years, though he said he never met any of them in person.

Sources said Thursday that he finally has bowed to pressure from his colleagues and decided to step down.

Weiner's potential retirement pay package, calculated by FoxNews.com, is based only on Weiner's years of service as a congressman and doesn't factor in benefits Weiner may have racked up as a congressional aide in the 1980s. It also doesn't include his eventual Social Security benefits and retirement savings he may have accumulated in what's known as the Thrift Savings Plan -- a 401(k)-style account for federal employees that automatically pays them a minimum of 1 percent of their salary every year. Members of Congress and their staff members get a bigger retirement benefit than most other federal employees, but they also pay more into the system.

The congressman is virtually guaranteed his pension unless he declines it or is convicted of a very serious offense like treason or espionage.

For Democrats trying to shed Weiner from the caucus for the past two weeks, though, that pension may be a small price to pay.

Before Weiner made the final call, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and others in party leadership publicly urged him to leave.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/poli...ation/#ixzz1PSjU49iv
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure Faux News has a spot for the Weiner-Mister.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking CNN would make him an offer as a contributor. It's unlikely he could get a job as a Walmart greeter.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I'm sure Faux News has a spot for the Weiner-Mister.

Sure he will be doing the show with Elliot Spitzer, The Spitzer-Weiner Hour.
Something sounds unappealing about the name.

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 06-16-2011).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
The final Wiener-words People were asking questions like "are you larger then 7-inches and such. lol

From "Da-Beast."

http://www.thedailybeast.co..._mid=_BN$l-RB8bxmscs

Weiner’s Last Words
The New York congressman had vowed to tough it out. But as his wife, Huma Abedin, returned from overseas, the pressure to surrender his seat became overwhelming, says Howard Kurtz.
June 16, 2011 2:54 PM EDT

Anthony Weiner pulled the plug on his congressional career Thursday afternoon after a bizarre sexting scandal short-circuited his chances of remaining in office.

In keeping with the raucous nature of his tabloid scandal, one person shouted “Pervert!” as Weiner read his remarks and shouted such ribald questions as, “Are you more than seven inches?” There were early reports that the heckler was a Howard Stern staffer.

It was a cringe-inducing end to a sleazy episode that began with a bulging underwear photo that Weiner initially claimed might not be his. Weiner’s wife, Huma Abedin, was conspicuously missing from his side.

Finally bowing to political reality after the sheer humiliation of having his virtual sex life exposed, an emotional Weiner said he had hoped to remain in office. He again apologized “for the personal mistakes I have made and the embarrassment I have caused.”

“Unfortunately,” he added, “the distraction I have created made that impossible.”

Most important, said Weiner, is that “my wife and I can continue to heal from the damage I have created.” He had to repeat the line twice because the heckler all but drowned him out.
Anthony Weiner Resigns

Seth Wenig / AP Photo

At first Weiner sounded like someone positioning himself for a future run for public office, describing how his father went to college on the GI Bill and that “the middle-class story of New York is my story.” But then he got down to the business at hand.

For two long weeks Weiner had remained defiant, insisting he would cling to his seat even as members of his own party grew louder in demanding his resignation. It takes a certain intestinal fortitude to blow off Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and lots of other Democrats who are telling you that you’ve become a national embarrassment.

The congressman apparently was gambling that the furor would die down if he just toughed it out—especially if he played the tried-and-true “rehab” card by announcing that he was seeking unspecified treatment at an unspecified facility. By the time Weiner had to face his Brooklyn and Queens voters next year—assuming party elders didn’t use redistricting to ax his seat—the scandal would likely have been old news.

Each time the worst seemed to be behind him, Weiner would suffer another setback. First there was the teary news conference where he admitted he had lied about sending out the infamous underwear photo; then some of his online gal pals went public, along with his X-rated pictures and texts; then his penis picture began to circulate after someone on the Opie & Anthony show took a picture of that picture; then it emerged that he had snapped shirtless shots of himself at the House gym. And the disclosure that Abedin is pregnant added an overlay of pathos to the seamy tale.

Still, could an elected official be forced to resign in a sex scandal that didn’t involve actual sex? Was what Weiner did worse than what Bill Clinton did in the Oval Office, or the assorted misdeeds of Mark Sanford, David Vitter, and John Ensign? Unfortunately for Weiner, the media’s appetite for a sociological debate over sexting kept his saga in the news even when not much else was happening.

When Abedin, who works for Hillary Clinton, returned from an overseas trip, expectations rose that Weiner would bow to the pressure and step down. Democratic leaders tried to give him a final shove by leaking word that he would be stripped of his committee assignments.

Weiner’s stock was such that he was considered a strong contender for mayor of New York. That, of course, was before he sent the errant tweet that started the unraveling of his career—along with his fateful decision to lie about it.

Like The Daily Beast on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates all day long.

Howard Kurtz is The Daily Beast and Newsweek's Washington bureau chief, and writes the Spin Cycle blog. He also hosts CNN's weekly media program Reliable Sources on Sundays at 11 a.m. ET. The longtime media reporter and columnist for The Washington Post, Kurtz is the author of five books.

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 06-16-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DAILYBEAST:

In keeping with the raucous nature of his tabloid scandal, one person shouted “Pervert!” as Weiner read his remarks and shouted such ribald questions as, “Are you more than seven inches?” There were early reports that the heckler was a Howard Stern staffer.

Vanity 6 couldn't have said it better, but once the Howerd Stern gang is on board-game over.

I'm sure he'll make the rounds on Dr.Drew, Dr. Phil, and CelebRehab.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
I guess you could say (puts on sunglasses) Weiner pulled out early.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Weiner
He again apologized “for the personal mistakes I have made and the embarrassment I have caused.”

I wonder if rehab will address his lying ways ?
If he were truthful, he would have apologized “for the personal mistakes I have made and the embarrassment I am".
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
Larry flint has offered him a job, funny stuff.
Wonder if they are planning using his likeness to resurrect Chester The Molester ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

Wonder if they are planning using his likeness to resurrect Chester The Molester ?

That's what I heard too. Maybe ole' Flint wants Wiener on board to dish out more dirt on other members of congress? Either way, if Weiner decides to jump on board that wouldn't be a good idea since he apparently loves other women. That's like an alcoholic working at a bar.
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I like the CNN show to be named Wiener-Spitzer as that has a nice tone to it. Two formally powerful politicians with some suspect moral issues.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

This question and feeble answer is PROOF that this idiot is a pompous assbi*e. I met people like this before, being in sales as long as I have. He is only interested in himself, by proof of showing the world his "junk"

Cordially,
kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 06-17-2011).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:
This question and feeble answer is PROOF that this idiot is a pompous assbi*e.

It is also proof the Dumbs think we are a commodity which belongs to them, !
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

hmmm....maybe a new "odd-couple": Weiner & Bohner?

tho - the weiner spitzer is a good one too

or, dragging back to a show that actually did make it to TV....Thats My Weiner
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Pelosi was right, he was a huge distraction to the next election. This thread is evidence of that. Once he resigned, there were a few jokes but, it died. Now, the dems can move on to the next election. Boy, am I looking forward to that. NOT

No, it's not because I fear which side is gonna win, it's because I grow tired of all the crap, lies and promises that aren't gonna be kept. Personally, I'd prefer a balanced Congress with a conservative in the White House. Vote out the extreemes on both sides. But please, get rid of Pelosi, such a waste of human flesh.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-17-2011).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

It is also proof the Dumbs think we are a commodity which belongs to them, !

Now CliffW, The Smart kids know whats best for us.

Neppy and Ray.B tell us that almost daily.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
More on Weiner's retirement benefits.
Weiner's Pension Worth a Whopping $1.2 Million
http://www.newsmax.com/Insi...06/17/id/400414?s=al

With a career in tatters and a pregnant wife, most people would be facing a financial crisis, but Anthony Weiner still has his pension to fall back on — and it’s a pension the rest of America would love.

After just 12 years in Congress, Weiner’s benefits add up to $1.2 million, reports The Wall Street Journal, and he doesn’t have to worry if the Stock Market keeps dropping.

Weiner was on the standard congressional salary of $174,000 before announcing his resignation on Thursday, three weeks into his humiliating Twitter sexting scandal. He was covered under the Federal Employee Retirement System, to which he contributed less than 1 percent of his pay.

The Journal’s Smart Money section says the 46-year-old New York congressman has two choices. He could take discounted payments of around $25,000 a year starting when he turns 56 in 2020 or he could wait another six years and get around $35,000 a year.

The National Taxpayers Union came up with even higher figures as it took into account Weiner’s time as a congressional staffer to then-Rep. Charles Schumer in the 1980s and early ’90s. It says he would get $32,356 at 56 and $46,224 if he waited. Taxpayers Union Executive Vice President Pete Sepp told Newsmax that those figures are based on Weiner’s making the highest contributions throughout his congressional career.

“For American taxpayers, the scandal may have only just begun,” said Sepp, who pointed out that even legislation Republican Sen. Mark Kirk of Illinois introduced this week to expand the number of crimes that would debar members of Congress from receiving their pensions would not catch Weiner.

Weiner would have been contributing less than $200 a month to his pension, Sepp said.

The Journal compares Weiner’s $1.2 million figure with a private-sector employee who put $1,000 a month into a 401(k) plan and received a $3,000 matching contribution from his employer over the same period. Even if the stock market does well, he could expect to have only $231,000, less than a fifth of what Weiner is entitled to.

Making it more one-sided, any inflation would eat into the private-sector pension, while Weiner’s and others under the federal system adjust automatically to cost-of-living increases.

The Journal also points out that Weiner also has a stock portfolio worth approximately $300,000 and a pension due from his six-year stint on New York City Council.

“The point here isn't that politicians don't deserve decent retirement plans. The last thing America needs is financially insecure lawmakers,” the Journal reports. “But Weiner is getting the equivalent of a $1.3 million exit payment after serving just 12 years on the job.

“Now that's worth tweeting about.”

Speaking of false news.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 06-18-2011).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
BUMP for the ease of finding this thread to compare to the one created about a drunk republican.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Damage control is in overdrive:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/...york-election-upset/

Weiners seat now held by Republican

http://www.foxnews.com/poli...een-as-obama-rebuke/

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
I just found this thread, but haven't bothered to read it. He's an idiot. How stupid can you get?
PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I just found this thread, but haven't bothered to read it. He's an idiot. How stupid can you get?

Apparently pretty damn stupid.. Wiener is a total dumb@ss, but what he did pales in comparison to these wonderfully "family valued", elected officials from your team...

Lets start with a few of the "lesser offenses" Heres the wife cheaters, rapists and "anti gay" guys who turned out to be... Gay.. Kinda funny when you think about it..

Now lets move on to the pedophiles:

Heres a list of our Democrat losers/perverts as well..

http://www.ranker.com/list/...scandals/web-infoguy

Geez, theres so many left i left out, but the more i dig, the more i find, it never ends.. Sad really..

Im not saying either side is better than the other, but during my research there seems to be ALOT more Republican scandals, especially within the last 20 years or so.. Seems those christian anti-gay republicans just cant keep their hands of young boys/men... Ironic..

Mr Wiener showed off his wiener and that makes him an idiot in my book.. But i just thought id throw a little dose of reality on the situation while you guys have your fun..

Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 09-14-2011).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:
Mr Wiener showed off his wiener and that makes him an idiot in my book.. But i just thought id throw a little dose of reality on the situation while you guys have your fun..

Enjoy.

A valid point, but in the case of the Republicans, they resigned and left office, thus the Republicans are "self cleaning" when it comes to scandal.

In the case of Weiner, he did anything but resign...

In the case of William Clinton (Slick Willie) we all know what happened there (I did not have sex...)
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Apparently pretty damn stupid.. Wiener is a total dumb@ss, but what he did pales in comparison to these wonderfully "family valued", elected officials from your team...

Lets start with a few of the "lesser offenses" Heres the wife cheaters, rapists and "anti gay" guys who turned out to be... Gay.. Kinda funny when you think about it..
Heres a list of our Democrat losers/perverts as well..

http://www.ranker.com/list/...scandals/web-infoguy

Geez, theres so many left i left out, but the more i dig, the more i find, it never ends.. Sad really..

Im not saying either side is better than the other, but during my research there seems to be ALOT more Republican scandals, especially within the last 20 years or so.. Seems those christian anti-gay republicans just cant keep their hands of young boys/men... Ironic..

Enjoy.

Nice slant, you did all that work to show the faces of one side, and then a little blurb about the other. THEN stated that you don't think either side is better than the other. Strange, you presented one side as better even though neither really is.

So...Are you going to amend your post to show the 30 Democrats that are listed in your link, the Cheaters, Johns, pedophiles, and rapists?

I noticed that the link leaves out some "power" names too. Kennedy comes to mind as he killed a woman in a car accident, well killed her when he didn't report the accident and she slowly drowned in his car.

Brad
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:
A valid point, but in the case of the Republicans, they resigned and left office, thus the Republicans are "self cleaning" when it comes to scandal.

In the case of Weiner, he did anything but resign...

In the case of William Clinton (Slick Willie) we all know what happened there (I did not have sex...)

Stevens didn't leave office for two years or more, so much for the self-cleaning theory. Lol.

http://afp.google.com/artic...plZ3UQ-J3w2CAHx96WBQ
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Nice slant, you did all that work to show the faces of one side, and then a little blurb about the other. THEN stated that you don't think either side is better than the other. Strange, you presented one side as better even though neither really is.

So...Are you going to amend your post to show the 30 Democrats that are listed in your link, the Cheaters, Johns, pedophiles, and rapists?

I noticed that the link leaves out some "power" names too. Kennedy comes to mind as he killed a woman in a car accident, well killed her when he didn't report the accident and she slowly drowned in his car.

Brad

your right.. i was planning to do all of them, then l realized what time it was, lol.. So i just put the link down, that way you could just see them all with the info as well.. Seems like slanting, but really was just lazyness.. But even if i did do it on purpose, its not like you have anything too complain about, you guys are pros at "slanting"..

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 09-15-2011).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Stevens didn't leave office for two years or more, so much for the self-cleaning theory. Lol.

http://afp.google.com/artic...plZ3UQ-J3w2CAHx96WBQ

how many dems left office when they were "found out" uh huh thats right, none.

One republican not leaving does not tarnish the party... just like one dem resigning instead of lying does not make them "holier then thou."

(Aint politics fun sometimes) lol
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock