Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Anthony Weiner , (D) Congressman, accused of sending a picture of his ... (LOL) (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Anthony Weiner , (D) Congressman, accused of sending a picture of his ... (LOL) by htexans1
Started on: 05-31-2011 08:51 PM
Replies: 266
Last post by: htexans1 on 09-15-2011 04:48 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

What's the difference?

W-e-e-e-l-l-l-l, the way I sees it, Weiner's got a (D) and Ensign's got an (R), and as we all know on this conservative forum, a bad (R) is still better than a good (D), or any (D) for that matter.

So when I see five pages of ongoing drama over a corrupt politician with a (R) to go along with all the ranting over one with the (D) then I'll start to think this forum is "fair and balanced", but so far the only chum I see is from conservative sharks going into a feeding frenzy at the slightest scent of (D) blood in the water...

100% If I may add, if you disagree with the so-called political ® false gods here-they will resort to mockings and name calling. The O/T side of this forum is down right despicable.
IP: Logged
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

100% If I may add, if you disagree with the so-called political ® false gods here-they will resort to mockings and name calling. The O/T side of this forum is down right despicable.

Not that implying someone is an alcoholic is much better, but it wouldn't be half as entertaining if the insults weren't in here. More informative maybe, but nothing to break the popcorn out for.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry, I'm not a self-appointed caller-outer of corrupt politicians. That's a role you yourself have admitted you've taken on, with pride. Now, the fact that you and the other conservatives call out republicans with as little fanfare as possible, with back-page minimal posts, and only years after the fact but call out democrats with hundreds and hundreds of posts dedicated to just one politician, page after page after page, on and on and on strikes me as, well, for lack of a better word, curious.

Don't ya think?

Emperor's new clothes, and all that, ya know...

Did you go on NOW's site to see if they stuck up for the lady, and not throw her under the bus because he is a lib like their organization?
How about CARE's site.
These are the folks who are paid to keep things honest, not us!

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

... if you disagree with the so-called political ® false liberal elected gods here-they will resort to mockings and name calling. The O/T side of this forum It is down right despicable.

Fixed that for you.

Originally posted by cliffw:
The republicans want to save Medicare and offer a plan. The Dumbs come out with a video showing the plan's originator look-a-like, pushing granny over the cliff. Remember the ObamaCare fiasco ? The dumbs, heh, they said we have to pass the bill to see what's in it. They also said the republican plan was to die early but drink Bacardi.

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:
Not that implying someone is an alcoholic is much better, ...

No, he's channeling Bacardi...

***************************************************************************************

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:
... but it wouldn't be half as entertaining if the insults weren't in here.

, I like you, and a plus to you if you do not have one, .

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 06-09-2011).]

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post06-10-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
..THIS CREEPAZOID DESERVES ALL THE BAD HE CAN GET D OR R.he is a buffoon
THE REPUBLICANS NORMALLY RESIGN,REMEMBER THE REPUBLICAN WHO HAD HIS SHIRT OFF,,GONE IN ONE DAY
,,THO THE FOOT TAPPER HUNG ON
THERE ARE 10 DEMOCRAT PERVERTS,LIARS AND THIEFS TO EVERY REPUBLICAN
& THE WINNER,s,DEMOCRATS, RAPIST BILL CLINTON,,& MURDERER TED KENNEDY,who should have both rotted in prison,,money & power have its privalege

most democrat scandles do not get the coverage this one does,,democrat Charley Rangel should be in Prison,he was censured
Charley Rangle was an arrogant crook ,there has to be a lot under the rug ,but he walked .
a Republican screw up is far worse than a democrat,,because 75% of democrats have lower morals & you can not expect them to be honest when the honey Jar is open ..

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 06-10-2011).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Bump back to page one. Has that ever happened to you ?

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:
A little perspective would seem to be in order here:
1) The alleged recipient of the (alleged) Weiner photo is an adult, at least 21 years of age.

Perspective ? From a liar ?
Why did the FBI go interview another victim in New Jersey who is only 17 years old ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Seek treament? I didn't know they now have a program for those post nasty pictures on facebook? Why not call it what it is: Sleazeballl Rehab.

Anthony Weiner says he will take leave of absence, seek ‘treatment’ as scandal grows.

Just hours after three leading Democrats called on him to resign, Rep. Anthony Weiner announced he will take a leave of absence from Congress and enter a treatment program.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ybl...-on-weiner-to-resign

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by uhlanstan:

THERE ARE 10 DEMOCRAT PERVERTS,LIARS AND THIEFS TO EVERY REPUBLICAN

Republicans are more moral then Democrats?
Please.

Political party probibly has very little to do with who is more likely to lie, cheat, steal, or want to have sex with many many women.
If I remember right, you're republican and you used to be a pimp!
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Republicans are more moral then Democrats?
Please.

Political party probibly has very little to do with who is more likely to lie, cheat, steal, or want to have sex with many many women.
If I remember right, you're republican and you used to be a pimp!

Yes, but the great Uhlanstan is not running for, nor has he ever held a congressional or senate seat.

Uhlanstans morals (or his career goals) are not being scrutinized here. LOL.

Observations on my part are purely opinion and are NOT based in any fact that I can see. LOL

But yes, I can agree with Boonie, that in some cases the D and Rs can be bad, Very Very Bad Bad. LOL!!

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 06-12-2011).]

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Seek treament? I didn't know they now have a program for those post nasty pictures on facebook? Why not call it what it is: Sleazeballl Rehab.

Anthony Weiner says he will take leave of absence, seek ‘treatment’ as scandal grows.

Just hours after three leading Democrats called on him to resign, Rep. Anthony Weiner announced he will take a leave of absence from Congress and enter a treatment program.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ybl...-on-weiner-to-resign

That's pretty pathetic - he needs REHAB, for being a horny dope?
Who actually believes that women like lookin' at pics of some guy's junk?

(Maybe like .0001% do, but that's a pretty small number of women)

But now, by doing this, he's trying to overcome a DISEASE, a SICKNESS, and you wouldn't kick a guy while he's down, right? that would be MEAN!

I don't care what he did, but lying about it and trying to blame hackers or whatever...sheesh.

This whole situation is stupid. A stupid distraction.

Silly Weiner

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

That's pretty pathetic - he needs REHAB, for being a horny dope?
Who actually believes that women like lookin' at pics of some guy's junk?

(Maybe like .0001% do, but that's a pretty small number of women)

But now, by doing this, he's trying to overcome a DISEASE, a SICKNESS, and you wouldn't kick a guy while he's down, right? that would be MEAN!

I don't care what he did, but lying about it and trying to blame hackers or whatever...sheesh.

This whole situation is stupid. A stupid distraction.

Silly Weiner

Agreed but that's what happens when we start letting the little head think for the big head.

------------------
Ron

PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
New allegations in the "Weinergate scandal..." An underage girl also has been a part of the problems with Rep. Wiener (D) NY.

(FOX)

U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner, who has been under fire after admitting to sending graphic photos to women online, has acknowledged he had online contact with a 17-year-old girl but said the communications were "neither explicit nor indecent."
New Castle County, N.Y., police officers went to a high school junior's home yesterday afternoon to speak with the girl's mother about the teen's contact with the New York Democrat. A FoxNews.com reporter was at the home when police arrived. The girl, whose name is being withheld because she is a minor, told FoxNews.com, "I'm doing OK."
The police left the home after about 30 minutes, followed by the daughter and mother, who left in a separate car. It was not clear if the mother and daughter were going to continue the conversation with police at another location.
A Weiner spokeswoman issued a one-sentence statement last night that said, "According to Congressman Weiner, his communications with this person were neither explicit nor indecent."
Weiner, a seven-term Democrat, has admitted sending sexually explicit messages over the Internet to a half-dozen women over the past three years. House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi has asked for an ethics investigation.
Rep. Weiner planned to check himself into a treatment center today after House Democratic leaders, including Nancy Pelosi, called on him to resign and suggested he needed psychiatric counseling. A spokeswoman for Weiner said he would request a leave of absence from the House and seek treatment, but provided no further details.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
One of his aides says he is now considering resigning.
Wonder what is changing his mind.
Maybe the conversations with the minor has this bad boy by the privates and he is saying uncle.

Apparently Mondays are the favorite day to do this, five days before Face The Nation come on again.

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 06-12-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
In Modern Times, Congress is Reluctant to Punish its Own

Types of Punishment
There are several major types of punishment members of Congress can face:

Expulsion: The most serious of penalties is provided for in Article I, Section 5 of the U.S. Constitution, which states that "each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member." Such moves are considered matters of self-protection of the integrity of the institution.

Censure: A less severe form of discipline, censure does not remove congressmen or senators from office. Instead, it is a formal statement of disapproval that can have a powerful psychological effect on a member and his relationships. The House, for example, requires members being censured to stand at the "well" of the chamber to receive a verbal rebuke and reading of the censure resolution by the Speaker.

Reprimand: Used by the House, a reprimand is considered a lesser level of disapproval of the conduct of a member than that of a "censure," and is thus a less severe rebuke by the institution. A resolution of reprimand, unlike a censure, is adopted by a vote of the House with the member "standing in his place," according to House rules.

Suspension: Suspensions involve a prohibition on a member of the House from voting on or working on legislative or representational matters for a particular time. But according to congressional records, the House has in recent years questioned its authority to disqualify or mandatorily suspend a member.
History of House Expulsions
Only five members have been expelled in the history of the House, and the most recent was U.S. Rep. James A. Traficant Jr. of Ohio in July of 2002.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/...o-punish-its-own.htm

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

History of House Expulsions
Only five members have been expelled in the history of the House, and the most recent was U.S. Rep. James A. Traficant Jr. of Ohio in July of 2002.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/...o-punish-its-own.htm

Just my opinion but, I'm thinking they are way overdue. Too much of I'll scratch your back if you'll scratch mine. The integrity of the two houses of Congress and their sour image in the minds of the voting public show we already have little to any trust or respect for them. They need to police themselves in a bad way.

------------------
Ron

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I'm wondering "what" does it take to give a person the "boot."

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 6 - Compensation

The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States.) (The preceding words in parentheses were modified by the 27th Amendment.) They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been increased during such time; and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office.

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec6.html

I guess the tax payers are on the "hook" until Weiner "kicks the bucket."
htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Your right Madcurl, the Rep need serve only one term for a full pension.
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
Saw this headline on Yahoo.com and HAD to post it.

White House: Weiner is a distraction

It's like it's 1996 all over again!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
All aboard the Weiner wagon: The party is just about over.

http://abcnews.go.com/Polit...ll/story?id=13829797

President Obama on Anthony Weiner Scandal: 'I Would Resign'

June 13, 2011
President Obama today joined a chorus of top Democrats condeming the behavior of Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y., saying, "If it was me, I would resign."

The remark, made during an interview with NBC, is the strongest comment yet from the White House since the start of the scandal that has engulfed the New York congressman.

"When you get to the point where, because of various personal distractions, you can't serve as effectively as you need to, at the time when people are worrying about jobs and their mortgages and paying the bills -- then you should probably step back,'' Obama said.

Earlier Monday, White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters aboard Air Force One that Obama viewed the Weiner affair as a "distraction" but stopped short of calling on Weiner to resign.

"The behavior was inappropriate. The dishonesty was inappropriate," Carney said of Weiner's admission of risque online chats and message swaps with multiple women after first denying them.

"We think it's a distraction from the important business that this president needs to conduct and Congress need to conduct," he said.

Weiner said this weekend that he was taking a "short leave of absence to seek professional treatment to focus on becoming a better husband and healthier person." He was not expected in Washington today as the House of Representatives resumes business after a recess.

But Weiner's announcement did little to tamper new revelations about his behavior, or the mounting pressure from his peers to step down.

The website TMZ posted photographs Sunday that Weiner apparently shot of himself in the members-only House gym, adding further personal embarrassment and a reminder that at least some of his controversial behavior took place on Capitol Hill.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz of also ratcheted up pressure on Weiner, insisting a temporary leave of absence is not enough.

"I think Anthony Weiner needs to resign so he can focus on his family," Schultz of Florida said Sunday.

House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, D-Md., said, "I don't see how he can proceed and effectively represent his constituents."

While the Democratic leadership can't force Weiner to resign, it can make life nearly impossible for him if he decides to stay, stripping him of his committee assignments and turning him effectively into a congressman with little power or influence.

Still, Weiner has publicly vowed to keep his job.

"I've made some mistakes and I've acknowledged that. I'm trying to make it up to my wife and family," he told reporters Saturday in his Queens office, "and making clear to my constituents I want to get back to work for them. Not the easiest environment, but I want to do best for them."

Some of New York's most powerful Democrats say it's up to his constituents to decide whether he deserves to stay in office and receive another term.

"Whether or not he should resign, that's up to him, his constituents and the Democratic leadership," Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said.

A poll by New York 1 and Marist College last week found 56 percent of registered voters in New York's 9th congressional district believe Weiner should stay. Thirty-three percent said Weiner should immediately resign, while 12 percent were undecided, according to the poll.

partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

A poll by New York 1 and Marist College last week found 56 percent of registered voters in New York's 9th congressional district believe Weiner should stay. Thirty-three percent said Weiner should immediately resign, while 12 percent were undecided, according to the poll.

How is he going to be reelected if nobody wants to shake his hand, let alone hold their baby.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry, but the votors in his district don't have the right to decide if he should resign or not. Their electing him doesn't give them the right to have any say in his future as their elected representative.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry, but the votors in his district don't have the right to decide if he should resign or not. Their electing him doesn't give them the right to have any say in his future as their elected representative.

That's bullzhit. Who took away their right to an opinion ?
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

That's bullzhit. Who took away their right to an opinion ?

I suspect he's being facetious, but he's so socially challenged, it's difficult to tell.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:
I suspect he's being facetious ...

Maybe he's drunk again, .

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 06-15-2011).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Maybe he's drunk again, .

Sure, Mr. Stalker II, whatever you say...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Gotta kick it up a notch or two. I hate being second, .
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I'm hoping Weiner decides to work for Oscar Mayer wiener. Weiner would make an excellent spokes person. I'm sure he wouldn't mind taunting around in the wienermoble.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

I'm hoping Weiner decides to work for Oscar Mayer wiener. Weiner would make an excellent spokes person. I'm sure he wouldn't mind taunting around in the wienermoble.

Since DC resembles a sausage factory, don't really see it would be a change for him.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/15/**** -star-says-weiner-asked-her-to-lie-and-should-resign/

Gloria Allread has even jumped on the 'Weinermobile.'
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
(IF), he used his political position to try to persuade her (Ginger Lee) to lie--it will be big trouble for him ethics wise in congress.
(btw--she's kinda ugly IMO)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-16-2011).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

(btw--she's kinda ugly IMO)

Kinda doesn't cover it. You'd think a Congressman would have better taste in **** stars.

[This message has been edited by N3M3S1S (edited 06-16-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
Bye, Bye! Don't let the door hit you in the 'weiner' on the way out!

http://blogs.villagevoice.c...nthony_weiner_18.php

Anthony Weiner to Resign, Reports New York Times - New York News

According to a breaking news alert from the New York Times, disgraced Rep. Anthony Weiner is set to resign.
Screen shot 2011-06-16 at 9.37.22 AM.png

​The Times reports that Weiner "came to the conclusion that he could no longer serve after having long discussions with his wife, Huma Abedin," who had returned on Tuesday night after traveling on a global diplomacy mission with Hillary Clinton. (Abedin is reportedly pregnant.)

Nancy Pelosi and President Obama, among others, had both urged Weiner to step down, with Pelosi telling reporters she would "strip Mr. Weiner of his committee assignments if he did not leave."

House ethics committee investigations over Weiner's conduct are likely to end with his decision to resign, since he would no longer be a member of Congress.

This Weiner support group will be disappointed.

Weiner Tells Friends He Will Resign [NYT]
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

So ... you would have us believe that Weiner's decision to resign was solely his own. Uh huh, .
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35864 posts
Member since Jun 2003
The 100,000 dollar question :
Will he still go to rehab ?
I say no.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
With the "wiener going flaccid" (resigning) he still could win the mayors office of N.Y.C.

He may not be out of politics just yet.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
If anyone things constituents' actions, protests, and poll results can't affect or force a politician's decisions re political resignation, they might ask themselves where Hosni Mubarak and Aristide are today. Many may not like the idea that a duly elected official might be forced out of office by civil unrest or peaceful calls for resignation, but it's a fact of political life here and around the world. I never much liked tricky Dick Nixon anyway, but public outrage had as much to do with his resignation as the threat of impeachment did.
Even the founding fathers acknowledged that the day may come when it becomes neccessary to abolish all or part of our lawful government and it's related offices.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
Many politicians have been calling for him to quit, but he didn't listen.
The wife gets home, less than 24 later he quits.
Is the power of the puss at play here?
Would love to have been the fly on the wall last night.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Pardon the pun, but the Weiner is officially "cut-off."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I saw the film footage of Weiner's wife driving home in the little blue car while a barrage of reporters taking photographs and I'm surprised she didn't run the paparazzi over. It might be "red eye" but it looked like Mrs. Weiner was seeing "red." How embarrassing it must've been to hear your spouse is taunting his junk to other women while you're caring his child and to have the news media waiting for you after a long plane trip. I'm sure Hilary Clinton consoled her.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-16-2011).]

Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

If anyone things constituents' actions, protests, and poll results can't affect or force a politician's decisions re political resignation, they might ask themselves where Hosni Mubarak and Aristide are today. Many may not like the idea that a duly elected official might be forced out of office by civil unrest or peaceful calls for resignation, but it's a fact of political life here and around the world. I never much liked tricky Dick Nixon anyway, but public outrage had as much to do with his resignation as the threat of impeachment did.
Even the founding fathers acknowledged that the day may come when it becomes neccessary to abolish all or part of our lawful government and it's related offices.

Hey don't bring those stuffy "founding fathers" into a discussion about how our government was formed or should be run. Times have changed. And all that. /sarcasm
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock