Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Anthony Weiner , (D) Congressman, accused of sending a picture of his ... (LOL) (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Anthony Weiner , (D) Congressman, accused of sending a picture of his ... (LOL) by htexans1
Started on: 05-31-2011 08:51 PM
Replies: 266
Last post by: htexans1 on 09-15-2011 04:48 PM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

I'm not arguing anything about what he did or didn't do. The point was Bear was attempting to point out how the "dems" on here haven't been commenting on this story when a simple search shows he is accusing others of being exactly the word he loves to throw out lately.

More to my point is that there was no rush to post it like they do when a Republican gets in trouble...ANY trouble. They seem to have a double-standard.

IP: Logged
newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Infidelity is indeed a bad thing. But no, it is NOT the same as sending x-rated pictures of yourself to women on Facebook (or whatever). If you think so, oh well, I guess things in Canada are more different than I thought.

Keep spinning.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

I'm not arguing anything about what he did or didn't do. The point was Bear was attempting to point out how the "dems" on here haven't been commenting on this story when a simple search shows he is accusing others of being exactly the word he loves to throw out lately.

And as I said these stories IMO are very similar but maybe the lee one was missed by some.

Perhaps. It's just that there are some on the forum whose double mindedness is very blatant.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Keep spinning.

LOL.

Mr. Pot, keep calling that kettle black.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

More to my point is that there was no rush to post it like they do when a Republican gets in trouble...ANY trouble. They seem to have a double-standard.

More to my point is there are two almost identical stories (IMO) and one in which you are conspicuously absent from. But no double standard or hypocricy there, right?
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Why not compare this thread to the interest garnered in a very similar thread about a closely related scandal?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/082558.html

From that thread;

Originally posted by partfiero:

So from the time a person becomes a politician, how many minutes pass before they lose touch with reality?

The guy manned up and resigned about 15 minutes after it was exposed, didn't try to Weiner out by lying and trying to destroy the messenger.
What really bugs me the most as this plays out is the toll it will take on his wife.
Wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't receive threats from the radical Muslims to either divorce this Infidel or else.
In this day and age if a non Muslim decides to marry a Muslim girl, you should take on the responsibility not to drag her through the mud in front of the whole world.
Heard today she is pretty upset.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

More to my point is there are two almost identical stories (IMO) and one in which you are conspicuously absent from. But no double standard or hypocricy there, right?

If I could answer this... the title of the thread says:

"New York Rep. Chris Lee Resigns Over Craigslist Dating Ad and Sexy Photo"

The word "resigns" being the key word.

There's also this quote here:

"Gawker.com broke the story about the lying lawmaker under the headline "Married GOP Congressman Sent Sexy Pictures to Craigslist Babe."

Within hours, he had quit his $174,000-a-year job and issued this statement:"

The difference is that Lee quit immediately... Weiner lied constantly, and then was busted, then finally admitted it, then appears to be lying again now... and refuses to resign even though people are asking him to. They're both equally as bad, but one resigned immediately... what's there to say about it when the guy resigns immediately afterwards?

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

and that is a foolish stand to take. His, or ANY similar act by another, is a window to the soul. His lack of respect for his family, his office, his country, is enough to disqualify him. He is clearly a self-centered narcissist. How can he serve with integrity?

Until we begin judging our elected officials by the lives they live we will never have good government. The problem is, so many of us live the same kind of lives, by the same low moral standard, that we keep electing the likes of Weiner.

I'm not concerned with the photogenic aspects of his junk either, but I don't want ANY ONE of such low character have rule over me. While he is outside my voting region, he still has sway over the laws I must live under. He is a strong supporter of ObamaCare. He is one of the liberal voices who have brought us into the malaise we now suffer.

He needs to go. Unfortunately, the people of his district will likely re-elect him because they are not looking at the "REAL issues".

I think you mistake not giving a particular event a lot of attention with not noticing the event. I notice....I notice them all. But I'm not going to spend a bunch of time bashing the guy over it. Sure, everything you said was true. But, just like I said earlier, it also describes a majority of the clowns in Washington. Bashing the guy over it doesn't do anything but take your attention off other things, I seriously doubt he cares what you or I or anyone else thinks, so why bother? (except to make yourself feel better) The only people who can actually do anything are the people in his district, and it's up to them to vote him out if he won't step down. (Which you say you don't think they'll do).
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

"Gawker.com broke the story about the lying lawmaker under the headline "Married GOP Congressman Sent Sexy Pictures to Craigslist Babe."

The difference is that Lee quit immediately... Weiner lied constantly, and then was busted, then finally admitted it, then appears to be lying again now... and refuses to resign even though people are asking him to. They're both equally as bad, but one resigned immediately... what's there to say about it when the guy resigns immediately afterwards?

yup. to me it does seem the key aspects are NOT the undie pic - but the actions afterwards

I find little but a giggle with the pics - its the BS afterwards that ruined the Weiner
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

yup. to me it does seem the key aspects are NOT the undie pic - but the actions afterwards

I find little but a giggle with the pics - its the BS afterwards that ruined the Weiner

Now there is a pron star that he asked to lie for him, and even offered his "What do I say now" team to help her out with those lies.
This will go away once he resigns, just ask Edwards!

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 06-08-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Now there is a pron star that he asked to lie for him, and even offered his "What do I say now" team to help her out with those lies.
This will go away once he resigns, just ask Edwards!

Edwards has done quite a bit more, and I'd have to say, considerably more aggregious. Cheating on his wife while she was laying in a hospital bed with Cancer.

Mark Sanford met his end pretty quickly... and after it was all sorted out and he paid back the taxpayer money that was spent, the media dropped him.

http://innthebasement.com/i...-for-argentina-trip/

PFF
System Bot
Puglet01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Puglet01Send a Private Message to Puglet01Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Forget about the picture. What about the bald face lying ?
He should resign and never serve again.

I agree with you.
Why does the left want to just reduce this to just a sex thing done in private? The man got on national television and not only lied his a&& off but he even tried to implicate innocent people to take the blame for him. He only fessed up when the story wouldn't wash and the facts started to come out. Anyone with a brain could tell he was lying. Frankly I'm surprised he didn't get a spin machine going after consulting with an attorney before he made up his BS excuse. He was probably not thinking clearly in the early morning hours after staying up late doing his work for the American people.

I could care less what this sicko does in his private life but I don't expect him to lie to the whole world from his congressional office about it. He should resign.

As far as an ethics investigation, he only lied to the American people so there was no harm done. Politicians are supposed to lie. They all do it. How else are they expected to stay in office? Had he told the truth right away that would have been in violation of his party's ethics? All the women he texted were of age. It's not like he was sending pictures of his erection to the boy scouts, but that would probably be excusable too.

Pelosi and Reid seem to be casting him off. If that's not just a smoke screen, and they don't get out the big spin machine to cover for him I would bet that if this doesn't go away soon and more truth comes out, we will discover this was just the tip of the iceberg on this guy. We might find out what a real scumbag he is.

I doubt his oath of office included sending pictures of little tony to strange women.

I don't think anyone would deny that he has disgraced himself and his office.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Edwards has done quite a bit more, and I'd have to say, considerably more aggregious. Cheating on his wife while she was laying in a hospital bed with Cancer.

Mark Sanford met his end pretty quickly... and after it was all sorted out and he paid back the taxpayer money that was spent, the media dropped him.

http://innthebasement.com/i...-for-argentina-trip/

My comparison was more about the lying and deception creating a situation where others won't let it go away.
As far as which one was worse, on the surface I agree with you.
But I will not second guess who's heart suffered more when it got ripped out, everyone hurts differently.

Edit for the other slime ball you mentioned.
When these things happen it makes no difference who's party you are attending, they are all cheaters, heart breakers and should man up and resign.
But of course they are only children at heart.

partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

partfiero

6923 posts
Member since Jan 2002

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Puglet01:
I don't think anyone would deny that he has disgraced himself and his office.

Yet, those that will excuse him, deny that he also disgraced Congress, the Democratic party, the United States, and even those that will excuse him, .

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

You apparently haven't been around when a Republican is allegedly caught in a sex scandal. It's like chumming the waters.

Not really. There was a senator a few months back who resigned, http://rt.com/usa/news/john-ensign-resign-senator/ I searched the entire active forums for his name, got five hits. In this 2009 thread he was only briefly mentioned, nothing further, and definitely none of the drama and outrage as shown in this thread, which is now frakking five pages long.

In this 2010 thread his name was mentioned in an anti-illegal immigrant vote issue, no mention of his sexual scandals.

In this 2010 thread about the TSA, his name was briefly mentioned tangentally to one person's comments.

But wait, back in April, fierobear posted within another thread a brief one line, 9-word sentence mentioning Ensign's resignation. No 5 pages and 150+ posts of diatribe and railing, and no mention whatsoever before the resignation about Ensign's activities, which had been public and known for years.

And finally, in this 2010 thread about lawmaker's pay his name was on a list of names of senators.

His name has been coming up in the news with regard to his affair(s) since at least October 2009, yet on this forum, nothing.

But wait, way back in June of 2009 Neptune mentioned Ensign's affair and scandal..

Crickets...

And here we have five pages of drama.

What's the difference?

W-e-e-e-l-l-l-l, the way I sees it, Weiner's got a (D) and Ensign's got an (R), and as we all know on this conservative forum, a bad (R) is still better than a good (D), or any (D) for that matter.

So when I see five pages of ongoing drama over a corrupt politician with a (R) to go along with all the ranting over one with the (D) then I'll start to think this forum is "fair and balanced", but so far the only chum I see is from conservative sharks going into a feeding frenzy at the slightest scent of (D) blood in the water...

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2011 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan

18612 posts
Member since Mar 2003

The guy manned up and resigned about 15 minutes after it was exposed, didn't try to Weiner out by lying and trying to destroy the messenger.

Ensign took two years to resign, and he had a full-blown extramarital affair, not just sent some pictures to someone. Not one bleat from you on that two year delay, not one. In fact, his resignation barely made a ripple on the waters here being briefly mentioned by fierobear in passing in another thread not about Ensign.

Just sayin...
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

So when I see five pages of ongoing drama over a corrupt politician with a (R) to go along with all the ranting over one with the (D) then I'll start to think this forum is "fair and balanced", but so far the only chum I see is from conservative sharks going into a feeding frenzy at the slightest scent of (D) blood in the water...

I'm curious.
Do you think that this forum is somehow *obligated* to be "fair and balanced" ?
If so, why?
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Ensign took two years to resign, and he had a full-blown extramarital affair, not just sent some pictures to someone. Not one bleat from you on that two year delay, not one. In fact, his resignation barely made a ripple on the waters here being briefly mentioned by fierobear in passing in another thread not about Ensign.

Just sayin...

Not commenting is in no way condoning.
Just posted my view of anyone who does this, never had another view.
Sometimes I won't post either because I have nothing to add or someone has already expressed my view.
I have never counted where and when you comment, but I will try to be more consistent since you apparently are.
When you were checking me out, were you checking yourself as well.
Just saying.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

I actually agree with your point about one resigning and the other not but my statement was in response to this "there was no rush to post it like they do when a Republican gets in trouble...ANY trouble. They seem to have a double-standard." I just think the double-standard goes for some on either side.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

But wait, back in April, fierobear posted within another thread a brief one line, 9-word sentence mentioning Ensign's resignation. No 5 pages and 150+ posts of diatribe and railing, and no mention whatsoever before the resignation about Ensign's activities, which had been public and known for years.

That's an interesting choice you made for threads to quote me on. It happens to be a thread that I CREATED to specifically call out Repulicans!

I created that thread because I am sincere in demanding that:

1. The Republicans do as we elected them to do, and

2. If they don't, we're going to call them out on it. No more passes because they have an "R" after their name.

Tell you what, genius, when we can see YOU calling out Democrats anywhere near as much as Republicans, then you can criticize us. Until then, you are a HYPOCRITE and you don't have the credibility to call us out.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 06-08-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

I actually agree with your point about one resigning and the other not but my statement was in response to this "there was no rush to post it like they do when a Republican gets in trouble...ANY trouble. They seem to have a double-standard." I just think the double-standard goes for some on either side.

The picture may be clearer to everyone if you pour through all of these types of topics and post what % of the time;
The left posts about someone on the right and visa versa
The right posts about someone on left and visa versa.
With stats you may prove your point, with out them the point may be mute.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

I just think the double-standard goes for some on either side.

What a non statement, ? Think, ... some ?
Of course it does. Did you see the thread about a guy defending the 250cc motorcycle being good enough. Well, whatever. Did you see the thread about the V-8 being better than the 3800SC engine ? Whatever. Were you talking politics, or human nature ? Are you advocating, that either right or wrong, that one can not ask that others be held accountable ?
For the record, every discretion the dumbs on this board bring up about the retards, the retards are the ones which own up and step down. Another thing, use the PFF search function on the retard discretions, and you will see the resident retards call for resignation. The dumbs, heh, they are to dumb to convict and expel their own bad apples.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
The Dems are now callin for Wiener to step down...

Meanwhile the Wife is 3 months pregnant
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

What a non statement, ? Think, ... some ?
Of course it does. Did you see the thread about a guy defending the 250cc motorcycle being good enough. Well, whatever. Did you see the thread about the V-8 being better than the 3800SC engine ? Whatever. Were you talking politics, or human nature ? Are you advocating, that either right or wrong, that one can not ask that others be held accountable ?
For the record, every discretion the dumbs on this board bring up about the retards, the retards are the ones which own up and step down. Another thing, use the PFF search function on the retard discretions, and you will see the resident retards call for resignation. The dumbs, heh, they are to dumb to convict and expel their own bad apples.

are you channeling Uhlanstan?

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-08-2011).]

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

newf

8704 posts
Member since Sep 2006

The picture may be clearer to everyone if you pour through all of these types of topics and post what % of the time;
The left posts about someone on the right and visa versa
The right posts about someone on left and visa versa.
With stats you may prove your point, with out them the point may be mute.

no thanks I really don't care to, I think the recent threads have shown it happens on both sides.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
Now his supposedly penis pic got leaked all over the net.
Talk about a sticky situation.

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

hahha Yuuuuck
htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Released by "Opie and Anthony" no less. I figured they'd show up with an issue titled "Wiener" and get on the beating a horse bandwagon...

Brietbart showed up on the set of the O.A. show and had the "pic of Wiener's wiener" on his phone... a pic was taken and it was off to the Kentucky Derby.
(making a name for yourself on the backs of others.)

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 06-09-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Wiener2gate

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-09-2011 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I'm curious.
Do you think that this forum is somehow *obligated* to be "fair and balanced" ?
If so, why?

Oh, not at all. This is a conservative forum. The conservatives here claim that it's not, but it is, completely and totally. What I'd like to see is acknowledgment of that fact, but for some reason even the conservatives here won't cop to the fact that it's a conservative forum. Almost like they're ashamed, or something. Too funny.

This forum is what it is, a reflection of it's community and of it's one and only moderator. Nothing more, nothing less.
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-09-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan

18612 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Tell you what, genius, when we can see YOU calling out Democrats anywhere near as much as Republicans, then you can criticize us. Until then, you are a HYPOCRITE and you don't have the credibility to call us out.

I'm sorry, I'm not a self-appointed caller-outer of corrupt politicians. That's a role you yourself have admitted you've taken on, with pride. Now, the fact that you and the other conservatives call out republicans with as little fanfare as possible, with back-page minimal posts, and only years after the fact but call out democrats with hundreds and hundreds of posts dedicated to just one politician, page after page after page, on and on and on strikes me as, well, for lack of a better word, curious.

Don't ya think?

Emperor's new clothes, and all that, ya know...
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-09-2011 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan

18612 posts
Member since Mar 2003

No, he's channeling Bacardi...
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

The Dems are now callin for Wiener to step down...

Meanwhile the Wife is 3 months pregnant

I dont want him to step down. Any true conservative will not want him to step down and of course dems will. I want him to keep his job. Let him be the poster boy of the democratic party. Why do they keep electing these morons.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

This forum is what it is, a reflection of it's community and of it's one and only moderator. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not so. It seems to be a mirror of American society. Liberal talk radio is basically non existent and non self supportive, the same with liberal television commentary.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

but [SIZE=3]call out democrats with hundreds and hundreds of posts dedicated to just one politician, page after page after page, on and on and on

Hundreds and hundreds of posts about Wiener? This thread is 5 pages long. I'd say less than 20% of the posts are specifically about Rep Wiener (but I'll bet you'll count them. I'll leave that obsessive/compulsive task to you). The discussion has wandered all over the place, as threads often do. Pages 2 and 3 were mostly a discussion about morality. Page 4 talked a lot about Sarah Palin and some Republicans. Your assessment of the content of this thread is SO wrong, it is astonishing. But isn't that just like a typical liberal, lie, cheat, steal, say ANYTHING, not matter how absurd, if you think it will help you win.

Emperor's new clothes, and all that, ya know...

Well, people DO seem to be waking up to Obama, you know, the guy YOU elected for "hope" and "change"? It's like the fable about the naked emperor was written about him.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Not so. It seems to be a mirror of American society. Liberal talk radio is basically non existent and non self supportive, the same with liberal television commentary.

There was a recent Gallup poll which showed that liberals are a minority in this country, 21%, and declining. Conservatives are 40% and moderates 35%. Those numbers seem to mirror what we have here, although the liberals seem to have lost nearly all their will to discuss politics since the day after the 2008 election, when they had to take ownership for what went on in Washington. Coincidence?

Here it is, posted on HuffPo (so the liberals reading this will HAVE to believe it)

Conservatives Outnumber Liberals More Than Two To One (POLL)

Conservatives maintained and built on their numerical advantage over liberals in the first half of 2010, a new Gallup poll finds.

According to the poll, 42 percent of respondents described themselves as either very conservative or conservative, up from 40 percent in 2009. Meanwhile, only 20 percent called themselves either very liberal or liberal, down from 21 percent last year. 35 percent of respondents described themselves as moderate, down from 36 percent in 2009.

The latest figures mark a continuing rise of conservatism over the past two years. In a similar 2008 poll, only 37 percent of respondents defined themselves as conservative, the bottom of a four year decline that begin in 2004.

Gallup reports that if the conservative identities figures hold steady or grow in the second half of 2010, "it would represent the highest annual percentage identifying as conservative in Gallup's history of measuring ideology with this wording, dating to 1992."

The polls results are based on the combined findings of eight separate Gallup and USA Today/Gallup surveys conducted in the first half of 2010. The margin of error is 2 percent.

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

NSFW X-Rated

Anothony Wiener's Junk Shot

...(I didnt know it was that.... small.) LOL!!

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 06-09-2011).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Umm, no. I can't even understand why you would think that, . My statement had merit. Uhlanistan, heh, his thoughts have merit. That must be it. You, (to me) seem to always bring a partisan rationale analysis to these discussions. I am good with that. However, partisanship extends beyond politics. Which is all I said.

I think the recent threads have shown it happens on both sides.

Of course it does, . But(t), look at the motivation behind it. Look at the response (by the aggrieved party) to it. Myself, with honesty, I tend to lean more republican, just because of the B-Zhit tactics that the dumbs use to, uuhh, promote their cause or defend their stance. A prime example :

No, he's channeling Bacardi...

The republicans want to save Medicare and offer a plan. The Dumbs come out with a video showing the plan's originator look-a-like, pushing granny over the cliff. Remember the ObamaCare fiasco ? The dumbs, heh, they said we have to pass the bill to see what's in it. They also said the republican plan was to die early but drink Bacardi. The repubs can and are just as bad as the dumbs but, when caught, they step down, AS EXPECTED. You will see, if you look, that every conservative never argues anything else. Heh, the Dumb leadership, is calling for Weiners resignation, but no dumbs here are, . Point, set, match.
Can you believe this weiner Wiener. He is gonna do anything he can to keep power. If he will blatantly lie to the entire nation, the world, offer public relation help to some that could damage him, he would accept blackmail.
What remains to be seen, since he embarrassed New York, is if his constituents will also embarrass themselves again. After all Charlie Rangel got re-elected. After cheating on his taxes, even being the head of the Ways and Means committee which regulates the IRS, .

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock