Started on: 05-31-2011 02:51 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: maryjane on 06-06-2011 10:59 AM
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
I am going on a fishing trip! We are fishing the Skeeter Owner's Tournament on Lake Fork. I've never been. Not really sure what to expect. I am taking a customer for the tournament, so everything is on the arm! I am pretty stoked. I've been hassling my customer telling him I just bought some new glow in the dark bobbers for the tournament. He is a serious fisher, so I am trying to get him riled up at me by joking about it. Anything else I should tell him? Besides about my Snoopy pole and Zebco reel with my stink bait.

Seriously though. Is this a nice lake? If anyone is familiar with the area, any restaurants I need to try? Wish me luck fellas.

------------------
If 1 vest is thin, then rock 2 vest.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickClick Here to Email Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
Good luck.

I haven't been there in over 10 years but I did catch my biggest bass to date even though I don't too much fishing these days. It's a great lake for what your going for. As for restaurants I don't remember, did go to an open pit BBQ place that was very good. Mmm...
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
You need to learn some knots for tying lures (and worms and stink bait) onto the fishin' line. That's the only thing that ever humiliated me was when someone else knew knots that I didn't know.

And don't ever let anyone diss your Zebco reel. But I'm sorry, that Snoopy pole has got to go.

If he only knows freshwater lake fishing, then you can keep him off balance by BS-ing about your tarpon fishing exploits in the gulf, or 12 pound walleyes up north. He won't know the difference, and it would explain why you know nothin about Okie fishing.

Edit to add: or you can just tell him what Ray Stevens says: "I'm a logger"

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 05-31-2011).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

You need to learn some knots for tying lures (and worms and stink bait) onto the fishin' line. That's the only thing that ever humiliated me was when someone else knew knots that I didn't know.

And don't ever let anyone diss your Zebco reel. But I'm sorry, that Snoopy pole has got to go.

If he only knows freshwater lake fishing, then you can keep him off balance by BS-ing about your tarpon fishing exploits in the gulf, or 12 pound walleyes up north. He won't know the difference, and it would explain why you know nothin about Okie fishing.

Edit to add: or you can just tell him what Ray Stevens says: "I'm a logger"

We are a pretty lax company and have personal relationships with many of our customers. He knows I don't fish. My co-worker was supposed to go, but effed him around on the time they were leaving. Bryan wanted to go down tomorrow, but Neal said he had his son and couldn't leave until Friday. Fortunately I can leave whenever. I actually have an Abu Garcia that I plan on fishing with. It is an owner appreciation tournament and I am sure I will have a good time. No drinking while fishing I found out, which is about the only reason I ever fish, lolol. I am going to try and get some photos of the fish we catch. It will definitely be a good time for all.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
For a non-drinking tournament, I almost died photos to come.
8Ball

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallClick Here to Email 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Ruh ROH!!!!
YA know, those "Sober" tourny's always did have the most wrecks around here!
Did your boat go 110 mph out of the hole? If not you were doing it wrong!!!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I love Lake Fork. (I don't love those stumps tho--except for fishing around them.) Didn't stop, but I drove over Lake Fork twice last week. (I have a cousin that lives in Yantis.)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock