Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Since Oil is a topic of discussion: Move over Bakken and Hello Texas (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Since Oil is a topic of discussion: Move over Bakken and Hello Texas by Wichita
Started on: 05-29-2011 03:01 PM
Replies: 42
Last post by: Toddster on 10-08-2011 09:22 PM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Like Alberta, North Dakota is in an oil boom. Only 3.5% unemployment rate there.
Alberta http://www.calgaryherald.co...a/5522975/story.html
N.D. http://www.latimes.com/news...0928,0,2405433.story

This is due to the activity surrounding development of North Dakota's Bakken formation. Oil production from here will be shipped through the XL Keystone pipeline being about 25% of what the pipeline will be carrying. This is the same pipeline people are protesting about right now. It sounds like some Americans are content to stifle all oil production in North America and favor importing MORE oil from Arab countries instead.

There is NO major industry that doesn't have some kind of downside. Talk to anyone from a "one industry" town with an open pit mine, steel foundry, paper mill or other major plant, and you hear of land destruction, pollution etc. (problems that can be fixed). Plant gets closed instead, and the town dies. Makes you wonder if these protesters are "secretly happy" that US businesses closed manufacturing plants in the US and moved them (and are polluting) in China ("better over there than here" attitude)

If they think they're better off sending ALL industry and manufacturing overseas and becoming merely a consuming country, I don't think they can see beyond the nose of their face.

Edit: wohoo - Page 2

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-08-2011).]

IP: Logged
WBailey1041

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Well, I think my attitude needs a little adjustment. Don't let me reflect Newfield or H&P. I've been feeling like such a "big dog" ever since I got down to Houston and I guess I let it get away from me. I am trying to act like I know way more than I do. Truth is, I've been asking question after question after question and then just more-or-less repeating answers on here to sound smart. I'm sorry guys. I don't know as much as I've been pretending to know. I'm a smart cookie, and it's killing me that I am so behind right now.

I have been asking the company men about us taking credit. Because we hire out contractors, I asked why it wasn't a record for them. He explained that they do have records of their own, but it's also a part of us. We are all a team. It's not Newfield and H&P separately out here. It's one group all working towards it so it's a collective win. He said we learn things at every turn "We don't need to do this here" and that's why we are getting faster. We aren't cutting corners on safety. Trust me on that... if there is anything I've learned out here, it's that Newfield really cares about keeping people safe.

Maybe MJ and CliffW can get you straightened out, kucking worm bit know it all. <-- thats a joke. Maybe tomorrow night I'll find all the old threads from 5 years back when I broke out, then I'll find the threads from every promotion all the way to Directional Driller.

Next time you try to explain the well to seasoned hands use terms like kick off point, tangent, leg, slide, and BHA. This "pregant reverse rollercoaster" confuses us simple minded trash Maybe go ask that directional driller if you're drilling an S-Curve well?

I'll try to check back in tomorrow.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Something like that was said in ~1970 or so.

yeah, along with Global Cooling
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock