Started on: 05-28-2011 09:44 AM
Replies: 144
Last post by: Arns85GT on 06-06-2011 06:44 PM
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-28-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
I could use some global cooling, i hate summer.

IP: Logged
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

You know what I wouldn't doubt there was less evidence for it in those years.
Every other arm of the government adjusts to whos in the big chair.

Was it the nasa temperature gauges that were found in the dumbest places, like one that was mounted directly over a built in BBQ grill?

Well that is something that many like to point to but I believe they responded to those claims accordingly.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Yes, they "adjusted down" the readings of sensors that had issues. They decided by how much they needed adjusting of course.
All I know about this is what I learned from the Science Fair, but wouldn't using different types of measuring devices for different samples not be all that credible?
I don't think that would win a ribbon at Peterson Elementary.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Yes, they "adjusted down" the readings of sensors that had issues. They decided by how much they needed adjusting of course.
All I know about this is what I learned from the Science Fair, but wouldn't using different types of measuring devices for different samples not be all that credible?

Yeah, I'm not sure how many of these sensors were in question in the first place as it would take a lot of bbq's to affect global data.

More importantly, for the purpose of establishing a temperature trend, the relative level of single readings is less important than whether the pattern of all readings from all stations taken together is increasing, decreasing or staying the same from year to year. Furthermore, since this question was first raised, research has established that any error that can be attributed to poor siting of weather stations is not enough to produce a significant variation in the overall warming trend being observed.

It's also vital to realise that warnings of a warming trend -- and hence Climate Change -- are not based simply on ground level temperature records. Other completely independent temperature data compiled from weather balloons, satellite measurements, and from sea and ocean temperature records, also tell a remarkably similar warming story.

Confidence in climate science depends on the correlation of many sets of these data from many different sources in order to produce conclusive evidence of a global trend.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 05-28-2011).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
one interesting point is the sun is in a slightly low output mode of late
long no spot time following a some spots but fewer then avg
some newest reports say the peak is near and then even lower for this odd cycle [magnetic major drop]

BUT we are still on the hot side of resent avg temps
while down from the resent record year
not really droping as much as the solar out put did

so some data proof of increased CO2 effect there now
big heat input drop + more CO2 = less of a temp drop then expected

even bigger new question/problem/expense now is

HOW VARIABLE IS OUR STAR ?????

IN OUR VERY RESENT RECORDED HISTORY OUR SUN IS STABLE
BUT over long periods the temps on earth swing from ice age to tropical and back
and we have no idea whats next with our star hiccup or new downward trend

btw most stars vary some a few a lot [ Cepheid variables ]

and for the godboys
and the tinfoil mad hatters
NASA/NOAA doesnot play games with numbers
sure sometimes they blow something
but they catch and correct the error
but there is no way to fake worldwide cross checked temp records long term

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 05-28-2011).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I can see where this is going and why.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

and for the godboys
and the tinfoil mad hatters
and the Al Gore lovers
NASA/NOAA doesnot play games with numbers
sure sometimes they blow something
but they catch and correct the error
but there is no way to fake worldwide cross checked temp records long term

I don't think Al Gore's Hockey Stick used NASA/NOAA. He used the Central England temperature series (less reliable and questionable but better than guessing), because Al Gore and the rest of the radiKKKal leftist who follow him never trusted NASA/NOAA. They had this weird assertion that these agencies were controlled by major corporations and Republicans. LOL!
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Speaking of weather. Here is an article sent to me from Newsmax.

Ahmadinejad: Europe Is Stealing Iran’s Rain

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad charged that European countries are using high-tech equipment to deprive his drought-plagued nation of much-needed rain.

“Western countries have designed plans to cause drought in certain areas of the world, including Iran,” Ahmadinejad said in a recent speech inaugurating a dam in the city of Arak.

“According to reports on climate, whose accuracy has been verified, European countries are using special equipment to force clouds to dump” their rain on Europe.

Ahmadinejad also referred to an article by an unnamed “Western politician” that he said predicted “droughts in some regions spanning from Turkey and Iran to east of Asia” for the next 30 years, The Telegraph reported.

Those regions “include countries whose culture and civilization frighten the West,” he added.

Moments after Ahmadinejad spoke, it began to rain.

The Telegraph noted, “Iranian leaders claim on a daily basis that Western countries, led by arch-foe United States, devise ‘plots’ to undermine the Islamic Republic and to impede its economic and scientific development.”

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-29-2011).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

there are older ship records but they are spotie
real global is modern sat data 1971-2000 is the avg

btw the sats are NASA the NOAA does the post collection work

if you donot trust NASA/NOAA temp data records
please be sure your tinfoil hat is on correctly
as the man from mars will beam you up otherwise

This is the website of an independent audit being done on all U.S. reporting weather stations. Currently, only about 30% of weather stations are compliant with NOAA criteria. Around 70% do not measure up to the standards that NOAA itself set for those stations. The bottom line is, the temperature data is NOT coming from stations in compliance with the standards for temperature stations, and the data cannot be trusted if the stations are not in compliance. Period.\

http://www.surfacestations.org/

Also, the number of weather reporting stations had been DECLINING. How can you get more and better data from FEWER weather stations?

http://wattsupwiththat.com/...appearing-worldwide/

Believe what you want.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by Wichita:

I don't think Al Gore's Hockey Stick used NASA/NOAA. He used the Central England temperature series (less reliable and questionable but better than guessing), because Al Gore and the rest of the radiKKKal leftist who follow him never trusted NASA/NOAA. They had this weird assertion that these agencies were controlled by major corporations and Republicans. LOL!

The hockey stick graph was based on "temperature proxies", that is, extrapolating temperature from something else. In that case, it was measurement of tree rings. Part of the climategate issue was that they truncated their tree ring series (in the 1960s, I think) and substituted measured temperatures. Why did they do that? Because their tree ring proxies showed a very marked DECLINE in temperatures, suddenly. That's where you hear the "hide the decline" thing from climategate.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

NASA's James Hansen, one of the top "warmists", made "adustments" to historical temperatures. Always downward in the past, and upward in the present. Gee, how interesting.

http://wallstreetpit.com/20...te-goes-back-to-1980

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Oh, freaking great...I FINALLY get the convertible that I have wanted for 20 years to really enjoy the hot summer evenings cruising, and we get global cooling so there ARE no more hot summer evenings, and I gotta go buy a snowmobile. It figures, just freaken figures. Welcome to my luck.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

NASA's James Hansen, one of the top "warmists", made "adustments" to historical temperatures. Always downward in the past, and upward in the present. Gee, how interesting.

http://wallstreetpit.com/20...te-goes-back-to-1980

Thank you Fierobear, as usual. That Wallstreet Journal article is a nice summary of the scam on this side of the Atlantic, not just in England.

The guys at http://www.climatecooling.org/ are trying to set the record straight in the face of what still is a powerful commercial/political lobby to TAKE OUR MONEY. It has always been about TAKING OUR MONEY. Global Warming is and was a method to TAX US and a method to GIVE OUR MONEY TO THE THIRD WORLD. It was also a way for those involved to make personal fortunes.

When we have a record winter in North America, Europe, and Asia, it is not Global Warming. It is just plain COLD.

Look at www.spaceweather.com You will see that the sun is in a decline.

We may be entering a cooling period.

Arn
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
It is and always has been about the money. Right now I have small investments in 3 companies that market themselves as "green", and am considering opening a wholly-owned venture in the next year or so, again using "green" as a marketing angle---its not about conservation or energy efficiency or the environment or anything else besides reducing costs and marketing. If we/I can spin it so the sheeple swallow into it and buy the products to help combat "global warming", then I will take advantage of it. Take one look around the parking lot, if we really believed it made any difference, the lot would be full of hybrids instead of the SUV's, Pickup trucks and sports cars. Its marketing to sheeple and thats all.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
NASA GISS temperature "adjustments"

(let's see if this animated gif works)

http://www.minnesotansforgl.../NOAA-Animated-3.gif

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 05-29-2011).]

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
The Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres subsequently accepted for publication a study, citing Watts' Surfacestations.org, which concludes that "In summary, we find no evidence that the CONUS average temperature trends are inflated due to poor station siting." [21][22] In fact, the analysis of unadjusted data from poorly sited stations did reveal a bias, however, it was not the expected bias. The poorly sited stations measured maximum temperatures on average lower than the well sited stations. The authors note:

"Results indicate that there is a mean bias associated with poor exposure sites relative to good exposure sites; however, this bias is consistent with previously documented changes associated with the widespread conversion to electronic sensors in the USHCN during the last 25 years. Moreover, the sign of the bias is counterintuitive to photographic documentation of poor exposure because associated instrument changes have led to an artificial negative (“cool”) bias in maximum temperatures and only a slight positive (“warm”) bias in minimum temperatures."[21]
Remember that local weather does not equal global climate. But yes believe what you want to believe. Also it's hard keep the deniers arguements on track frequently as some say the Climate is warming but it's the reason that we don't know while others say it's not warming at all. Confusion is the purpose for many.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 05-29-2011).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

NASA GISS temperature "adjustments"

(let's see if this animated gif works)

http://www.minnesotansforgl.../NOAA-Animated-3.gif

no clues where the two charts came from or what they track
but they are different years and are not raw temps
but are a difference from a mean [avg]

I do trust sat data over land or ship records
and there are a bunch of global avg records land sea north south ect
and by instrument old thermometer newer sensor or sat ect or avg weights given each

numbers donot lie but people do
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
I think when they took it to the point of by just breathing you are causing global warming, that is when they lost the vast majority of the people.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

I think when they took it to the point of by just breathing you are causing global warming, that is when they lost the vast majority of the people.

Who is they and when did they claim that?
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Google it Newf
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

Google it Newf

Nah... I'd rather let the experts back their own statements up, thanks.

PFF
System Bot
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

You got to be $hitting me.
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Warmer temps allow farm grounds to produce more crops. Therefore producing more food and possible lower cost on said items. The earths population goes up each day, and the amount of farm land goes down each day. We have a food crisis thats getting even worse, and if we do have potential cooling happen, people will starve and hopefully die. Helping bring the earths population back to reasonable levels. Global warming will allow these people to live and eat up all the food.

So I hope we do sink into an ice age, and all the global warming advocates with their solar powered cars get stuck in the ice and have to walk up hill both ways to work. And they starve.

The end.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

You got to be $hitting me.

Nope not at all. When you have a moment I'd like to see where you read/heard it.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Nope not at all. When you have a moment I'd like to see where you read/heard it.

Well is has been said on here, on TV, and on the net.
I know you have your hook with the big worm on it but I just ate.
Google it and you will then maybe know you have been doing some very selective reading on the subject.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Well is has been said on here, on TV, and on the net.
I know you have your hook with the big worm on it but I just ate.
Google it and you will then maybe know you have been doing some very selective reading on the subject.

I could care less if you think I'm baiting you however I would point out you are the one that made the statement. I just asked where you heard it.

I like to see if people can back up what they say, true or not. I mean we can all say something that we heard somewhere and throw it out their as truth but can it be verified or even shown as a commonly held belief?

You'll forgive me if I don't just take your word for it.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

no clues where the two charts came from or what they track

The source is printed right in the charts.

but they are different years and are not raw temps

1. Yes, they are different years. That's part of the point, that James Hansen has been dicking with the figures when they don't come out his way. He even modifies historical temperatures to make them cooler, so it makes it look like the warming is worse.

2. Not raw temps...EXACTLY. It is James Hansen's constant "massaging" of the numbers that is the issue.

but are a difference from a mean [avg]

Yes, exactly. That's how they do it, it's called the "temperature anomaly", which is the difference from some hypothetical mean that they decided is "normal".

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Remember that local weather does not equal global climate.

Then how do you decided if "global warming" is happening, if not for trends, if any, in temperature reporting across the country or the world?

Also it's hard keep the deniers arguements on track frequently as some say the Climate is warming but it's the reason that we don't know while others say it's not warming at all. Confusion is the purpose for many.

That's because, despite what you might think, climate skeptics aren't a monolithic bunch. Some say it's not warming, some say man isn't causing it, and so on.

FYI, "denier" is a pejorative, if you care.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

I could care less

Then why don't you?

I like to see if people can back up what they say, true or not.

...before you ignore what the post as proof, and dismiss it, perhaps?

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 05-30-2011).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

Remember that local weather does not equal global climate.

What is the proof that backs up your statement? What is your definition of "local weather" and "global climate"? Those seem like very broad terms to me. Local weather may indeed be the same as global climate depending on where "local" is and what "global climate" is. Your statement isn't accurate.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-30-2011).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

It's a fact of biology that humans expel CO2 when they exhale. Since CO2 is a "pollutant" and greenhouse gas, it contributes to global warming.
If you want to dispute that, tell me which you doubt - that humans exhale CO2 or that CO2 contributes to global warming.
PFF
System Bot
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
More c02 in the air grows plants larger. Take away c02 and we all die of starvation.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

More c02 in the air grows plants larger. Take away c02 and we all die of starvation.

The Global Warming zealots seem to skip over that part.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
They have an agenda and they do and say what it takes to make that agenda a reality.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

What is the proof that backs up your statement? What is your definition of "local weather" and "global climate"? Those seem like very broad terms to me. Local weather may indeed be the same as global climate depending on where "local" is and what "global climate" is. Your statement isn't accurate.

These definitions show the difference between weather and climate. Global climate being different again.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission...climate_weather.html

http://www.ucar.edu/learn/1_2_2_8t.htm

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 05-30-2011).]

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

newf

8704 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by Formula88:

It's a fact of biology that humans expel CO2 when they exhale. Since CO2 is a "pollutant" and greenhouse gas, it contributes to global warming.
If you want to dispute that, tell me which you doubt - that humans exhale CO2 or that CO2 contributes to global warming.

You seem confused.

No. Human beings do exhale almost 3 billion tons of carbon dioxide annually, but the carbon we exhale is the same carbon that was "inhaled" from the atmosphere by the plants we consume. (When we eat meat, we're still eating the same carbon, except that it passes through livestock on its way into our mouths and out into the atmosphere.) The only way to add to the carbon in the atmosphere is to take it from a sequestered source like fossil fuels—where it has been safe from the atmosphere for millions of years—and combust it. So breathe easy.

http://www.slate.com/id/2225286/
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

newf

8704 posts
Member since Sep 2006

That's true but you might want to look at the reasoning behind climate change and the carbon cycle, especially the part where the "plants" and so on are unable to use all of the C02 being produced.

A good example is how water is important to the human body, what happens if you drink so much water that your body is unable to filter and excrete it all?
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

newf

8704 posts
Member since Sep 2006

They have an agenda and they do and say what it takes to make that agenda a reality.

Who are "they"?
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

newf

8704 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Then how do you decided if "global warming" is happening, if not for trends, if any, in temperature reporting across the country or the world?

That's exactly what is used but having a hot day or month doesn't prove anything nor does having a cool one like is often suggested.

How do you decide if Climate Change is happening, you seem to say you agree it's happening sometimes but not due to humans yet other times deny anything is happening.

That's because, despite what you might think, climate skeptics aren't a monolithic bunch. Some say it's not warming, some say man isn't causing it, and so on.

FYI, "denier" is a pejorative, if you care

Some deniers seem to disagree with climate change for all kinds of reasons others seem more reasonable.

How is denier a pejorative? Please explain. If one denies that Climate Change is happening what should they be called?

fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Who are "they"?

The libs

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay