Do you beleive in Aliens/UFOs? by ShadowHawk
Started on: 05-26-2011 11:27 AM
Replies: 89
Last post by: rogergarrison on 05-28-2011 07:19 AM
ShadowHawk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-26-2011 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
Watcvhing a cool show on History Channel showing army vets talking about their encounters. Scary

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
yes
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-26-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShadowHawk:

Watcvhing a cool show on History Channel showing army vets talking about their encounters. Scary

I'm with this guy.

Tony
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Yes. Most certainly.

If we're the pinnacle of creation in the entire universe, the Supreme Being is an underachiever.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Aliens yes. UFOs, yes. Alien UFOs, no.

I do think there is other life ( even intelligent ) out there somewhere, but they aren't dropping by here to bleep and bloop at us.
Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Aliens yes. UFOs, yes. Alien UFOs, no.

I do think there is other life ( even intelligent ) out there somewhere, but they aren't dropping by here to bleep and bloop at us.

Hahaha..... all they have to do is monitor our radio and TV transmissions. They would get the hell out of here in a flash.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I believe in the existence of both.
Have not actually seen either.

With all the vast expanse of the universe, I have a hard time believing that we're "it".
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
With all the vast expanse of the universe, I have a hard time believing that we're "it".

yes - but I also often think of this the other way - with the infinite universe - odds are there is life out there - yes - but - what if we ARE the results of those odds. probability works both ways.

But - yes - being the "compounds of life" have been found in every figgin nook & cranny of the universe we have looked at so far - yes - chances are more than good.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

yes - but I also often think of this the other way - with the infinite universe - odds are there is life out there - yes - but - what if we ARE the results of those odds. probability works both ways.

But - yes - being the "compounds of life" have been found in every figgin nook & cranny of the universe we have looked at so far - yes - chances are more than good.

x2
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I enjoy listening to Coast to Coast AM every evening when I go to bed. Lots of fascinating stuff to ponder, including aliens and UFOs, etc.

Heard last night that today NASA will be releasing rather surprising information regarding water on the moon. Stay tuned!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Yes. Most certainly.

If we're the pinnacle of creation in the entire universe, the Supreme Being is an underachiever.

Just because we are?
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I enjoy listening to Coast to Coast AM every evening when I go to bed. Lots of fascinating stuff to ponder, including aliens and UFOs, etc.

Heard last night that today NASA will be releasing rather surprising information regarding water on the moon. Stay tuned!

The other guys are ok, but I miss Art.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Just because we are?

Welll-"some" of us are.

Actually, there are several ETs right here on this board and one of them posted earlier today.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-26-2011).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Actually, there are several ETs right here on this board and one of them posted earlier today.

Some bots too.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Yes. Most certainly.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Post of the Week Award! Congratulations!

(I believe they are out there. I am less convinced they have been here.)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

The other guys are ok, but I miss Art.

I've heard other long time listeners of the program state the same thing (I've only been a listener for the last year), but when Art Bell comes on occasionaly as a guest host, I don't see what the great appeal is. I like him fine, but he doesn't seem like the holy grail of radio hosts to me. George Noory FTW.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-26-2011).]

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Yes and Yes.
I KNOW that we are not the only life in this reality.
I FIRMLY believe in other dimensions, there is enough science now to back it up too.
I do believe somewhere, someone has the ability to traverse great expanses of space.

The Universe is BILLIONS of years old. We as a genus are only a couple million years old... We have only been in our current evolutionary form.. upright, walking, 10 fingers and 10 toes.. etc etc for about 200,000 years! Ok so a little math.... The Universe is around 15 Billion years old. Our planet and solar system are fairly new to the neighborhood, coming in at about 4 billion years old. Then on top of that, We as a Genus are newcomers STILL, being around 2 Million years old, Then we branched off from our evolutionary ancestors about 200,000 years ago.

Now, in that 200,000 years, a VERY short time span when you consider the whole... We have created complex language and science. In the last 200 years, That progress has sped up exponentially. In modern time, our growth in knowledge doubles every couple of years. Advancements in technologies allows us to dream up bigger ideas, make faster computers, process more data...

So in the VERY Short time of 200,000 years we have gone from getting excited over fire, to discovering planets 20 light years away that show ALL the signs of supporting life. We can travel into space, put robots on other planets... Send probes out of our own solar system, to explore other galaxies. We even have solid theories on HOW to travel at the speed of light! We just do not currently have the technology to do it.

So what is my point?
We are LATE-comers to the Universe. It is HIGHLY probable that there are species 4-7 billion ... yes BILLION years older than us. Do you not think, that in all that time, they would have created the technology needed to traverse the deep reaches of space? Is that really so hard to fathom?

TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
UFO - Sure. Lots of things aren't identified.
Aliens - I believe they COULD exist but I don't believe we have any evidence they DO exist. There is certainly nothing that would make this impossible. Heck, we are here, that's pretty good evidence they might be THERE.

I don't believe they are coming here. It's too far and I don't believe they have magic science to overcome that.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Aliens - I believe they COULD exist but I don't believe we have any evidence they DO exist.

I'm skeptical of a lot of beliefs as well, and I think it's best to be that way. However, I like to keep an open mind.

I mentioned Coast to Coast AM earlier. One of the weirdest things I've heard on there recently was about the Starchild. Lots of info at that link.

I'm not suggesting this proves anything (yet), but its gotta make you wonder!

ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-26-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
Never seen an Alien, but when I was 14 I witnessed along side my mother, aunt and little sister who all till this day remember. It was on the beach on a pitch black night. There was actually a huge party on the peir. To the east was the bermuda triangle this was in Port Saint Lucie beach,

We all saw what we thought was a "blood moon" or an orange moon split in two by many clouds. Only thing is was, the moon wasnt out that night and one of the "peices" vanished we thought the clouds were moving but then we notice the "top peice" was the same exact shape, thats when we realized we werent looking at the moon.

It vanished seconds after the first one, and the rest of the night the area of the sky where they were was brighter color than the rest of the sky. Like the entire enviroment was altered in a circumfrence.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
I didn't believe until I saw this:

http://www.whatispaul.com/

PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Yes!!!

They dropped humans on this planet many years ago and when the world population hits 10 billion they will be back to collect the harvest.

Hey Mork
What’s for dinner?
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
YES.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
UFO - yes and by definition everyone should as I am sure you have seen something flying that you didn't know what it was (be it a bug or some type of space ship).

Aliens - define, life can take on many forms and because of this I am sure there is life somewhere else in this universe that is 'alien' to ours.

...that being said, due to the sheer number of stars that exist and the countless planets that orbit these stars, I would have to agree that there is a really good chance that there are 'aliens' out there.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
I looked more into the "star child skull", they have some pretty convincing arguments and updated results on their site. I must admit, its intriguing. I'm not suprised mainstream science doesn't want to touch the issue, they often run away from things that go outside of their box of thinking. Its funny too, because science is supposed to be "objective", but I have found scientist to be some of the most dogmatic people on earth.

http://www.starchildproject.com/

[This message has been edited by NickD3.4 (edited 05-26-2011).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Yes. Most certainly.

No sh1t

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

...science is supposed to be "objective", but I have found scientist to be some of the most dogmatic people on earth.

I used to believe that scientists sought the "truth", whatever it turned out to be. I've now come to the conclusion that many (most?) of them are only interested in seeking "proof" that agrees with the goals of whomever is funding the "research". That's really quite sad when you think about it.

S-toon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you should check out Ancient Aliens The Series on The History Channel. Cool Stuff.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post

I used to believe that scientists sought the "truth", whatever it turned out to be. I've now come to the conclusion that many (most?) of them are only interested in seeking "proof" that agrees with the goals of whomever is funding the "research". That's really quite sad when you think about it.

it is sad. "truth" is often only accepted when it coincides with their world view. One only has to watch ancient aliens or a number of other shows on th history channel that show archeological proof of massive civilizations at times when man was supposedly in caves.

[This message has been edited by NickD3.4 (edited 05-26-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Yes and yes. There is no doubt.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

I'm skeptical of a lot of beliefs as well, and I think it's best to be that way. However, I like to keep an open mind.

I mentioned Coast to Coast AM earlier. One of the weirdest things I've heard on there recently was about the Starchild. Lots of info at that link.

I'm not suggesting this proves anything (yet), but its gotta make you wonder!

But as the old joke goes - "No so open that your brains fall out."

There is zero credible evidence for aliens having visited earth.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

There is zero credible evidence for aliens having visited earth.

So what would you require, ET walking/slithering/hovering up to you and displaying his/her/its intergalactic passport?

Seriously, I'm curious what you would consider "credible evidence".

TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

It would be if it were an accurate statement, but it's not. You can't paint all scientist with the same brush stroke.

Those that are paid to support a point of view, yes but that is not even a fraction of scientists and researchers.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

You can't paint all scientist with the same brush stroke.

I wasn't aware that I had.

I used to believe that scientists sought the "truth", whatever it turned out to be. I've now come to the conclusion that many (most?) of them are only interested in seeking "proof" that agrees with the goals of whomever is funding the "research".

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-26-2011).]

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

It would be if it were an accurate statement, but it's not. You can't paint all scientist with the same brush stroke.

Those that are paid to support a point of view, yes but that is not even a fraction of scientists and researchers.

I suppose it depends on the science being studied, does it not? It is naive to think Patrick's example doesn't happen often - especially when funded by people other than the scientists themselves. If you study how wind energy works and somehow found a smoking gun against wind energy, but your grant was funded for the next five years by a wind energy company, you'd be out of a job if you reported it.

Can I infer from your replies in this thread that you think science would report alien life to the world if such a report existed, or am I making a logical leap your posts do not make?
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

So what would you require, ET walking/slithering/hovering up to you and displaying his/her/its intergalactic passport?

Seriously, I'm curious what you would consider "credible evidence".

More than we have now, that is for sure. No amount anomaly hunting is going to be valid evidence.

Obviously, in the best case, the craft or means for traveling the mind-boggling vast distances sitting in front of me with the collective agreement of the best scientific mind that this "thang just ain't from here." That would do it. If it included some biological life-form that operated it and hopefully can communicate in some even rudimentary manner, that would be icing on the cake.

How far down from that level of proof I might allow certainly doesn't get down to contrails, weird skulls and bad drawing on cave walls nor does bronze-age sheep herder's description of stuff they don't understand.

Since traveling those distances requires extraordinary means bordering on violating even the most basic laws of physics, it's has to be dang good evidence.

I don't think that's an unreasonable request.

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post

Yes. Most certainly.

lol... how true..

If we are the only life in the universe, that sure is an awful waste of space..
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

I suppose it depends on the science being studied, does it not? It is naive to think Patrick's example doesn't happen often - especially when funded by people other than the scientists themselves. If you study how wind energy works and somehow found a smoking gun against wind energy, but your grant was funded for the next five years by a wind energy company, you'd be out of a job if you reported it.

Can I infer from your replies in this thread that you think science would report alien life to the world if such a report existed, or am I making a logical leap your posts do not make?

I see it in the same light as the mythical cure for cancer. One can argue that the cure is kept from everyone so they can continue to sell multiple drugs that don't quite cure it but keep the money rolling in vs. understanding the extraordinary amount of money that could be made from actually curing it. Add to that the marketing power of being able to say "We Cured Cancer. What's Next?"

Proof that aliens exist could not be contained.

I am not saying they don't, only that we don't have any credible evidence. We don't. We have anomalies that are passed off as proof.

And as much as you want it to be true, I want it to be true even more. You can put me at the top of the list of people that want it to be true. But I am not going to grasp at straws to satisfy my desire.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 05-26-2011).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

How far down from that level of proof I might allow certainly doesn't get down to... weird skulls

I myself have still reserved judgement, but did you bother to read any of This page to see what evidence was being presented. There's more to this story than simply a misshapen skull.

TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

I agree, there is research being done to support a predetermined belief and it does happen a lot. Far too much.

But we are talking about aliens here right?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock