Started on: 05-25-2011 10:31 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Doni Hagan on 05-28-2011 10:00 AM
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
April showers bring May flowers......
well, May is almost over now - and it is STILL showering....40 days/40 nights? oh, and yes, floods.....
last spring was pretty friggen wet too. is this now normal? is spring going to be monsoon season now?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
frontal lobe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
It is still monsoon season on the other side of Lake Michigan. I'm REALLY weary of it. Doesn't matter, though. At least 2 more days of it.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Wanna trade?

February 2011 was also a dry month. Only .69" of rain fell in Houston, making it the eighth driest on record.

2011 Houston March Rainfall: 0.3 - 0.7 inches.

April 2011: one of the warmest, driest on record. Less than a quarter inch of rain fell in Houston during the month of April, making it the driest April on record.

So far, in May, we've had less than 1".
Only because we had a very wet January, do we have a (so far) yearly total of 10.77inches, which leaves us in deficit of about 11 inches so far. The "dry" months (June/July/Aug) are yet to arrive.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Wanna trade?

I do. These parts are in the midst of a multi year drought.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Hurricane season starts June 1 here.
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
Brace yourself, there's another storm just reaching Ann Arbor that looks significantly worse than what we got this morning.

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
I just got to the lakehouse and it's raining. The neighbors say it's been raining for the last few days.

If this keeps up, I'm gonna order ark blueprints.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

I just got to the lakehouse and it's raining. The neighbors say it's been raining for the last few days.

If this keeps up, I'm gonna order ark blueprints.

When ya float on down south and get on the East Fork San Jacinto River, pull in and I'll hand you an adult beverage.

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:
Brace yourself, there's another storm just reaching Ann Arbor that looks significantly worse than what we got this morning.

yup.....ended up getting a call form the wifey that there is a leak in the roof. YAY
came home to find that a squirrel (or something) had built a nest under a eave on the dormer, where it meets the main roof. It had pulled out some of the flashing, which allowed water to run in. Lucky a simple fix. But - the leak happened to be right over the wifeys laptop.....

and, of course - the backyard is a lake. the drainage swale I added a few years ago did a fine job - but not fast enough for this heavy rain. got out there in the rain, and opened it up a little more in spots that it slowed down.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Do you guys have a basement? Water in it? I hope not.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
IT'S STILL RAINING!! Also, it's almost June and today's high temp is 62 degrees! Same forecast for the whole holiday weekend.

Maybe it would help if I sacrificed a goat to Ra or something.
PFF
System Bot
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Memorial Day weekend is usually the first holiday we start to see people breaking out their boats on the lake. This year, most of the residents (me included) here don't even have their piers in the water. IT'S TOO DAMN COLD!! Not to mention it's been raining off and on every day for almost two weeks.

A lot of folks don't even have their houses up and running yet. I need to restain the deck but it hasn't even had a chance to dry out yet.

edit....I just heard a weather report that said it's supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow and Monday. That would require a jump of 25 degrees over today. I'll believe that when it happens.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 05-28-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock