Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  cocunut water... are these claims i reading true?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

cocunut water... are these claims i reading true? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 05-24-2011 11:53 AM
Replies: 28
Last post by: frontal lobe on 05-25-2011 10:54 AM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
some of these claims i am seeing online seem pretty far fetched. especially the whole plasma thing. how much of this is true? it doesnt taste like coconut to me. more of a bitter flavor. but my sense of taste and smell are all messed up or almost gone from a head injury a few years ago.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
idk, they sell it as a drink, and can get it mixed with other stuff, 100% all natural, stuff taste like sh*t.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
What are some of the claims you've seen?

I enjoy the taste of it, I prefer it 'straight from the coconut", or cold, in a metal container, with a straw.

Some is too sweet, some had even MORE sugar added to it (yargh!) some is mixed w/ other flavors, I prefer the regular stuff.

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 05-24-2011).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
that it aids in blood transfusion. that it is identical to human plasma.

that sounds pretty out there to me. i was going to dump it because it tasted nothing like i expected and grieve over some whole leaf tea but i saw some of its other benifits like helping raise metabolism, helps rehydrate, and its full of that good stuff(minerals n vitamins).

i didnt expect it to taste so bitter tho. i went ahead and chugged the rest of my bottle i had and im feeling a bit more refreshed now. guess this is something i need to get used to. the flavor if it that is. just like ive had to with so many other things after my head injury.

forgot to mention i got that ZICO brand from Target. i found i can get the Vitacoco from GNC

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 05-24-2011).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Either it varies due to it being 'real', or due to what has happened to it during the processing and shipment.

I've had some that tasted like sugar water,(waaaay too sweet) and some that tasted 'bitte' as you have said...

They SHOULD have some sorta standard, though... like they have with soda, beer, and other food...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 05-24-2011).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
guess its a flavor i need to get used to. had to do the same for oj, yogurt, chocolate after my head injury and some others i cant think of. on a side note, this is when i fell in love with raw pineapple and cooked pineapple thanks to the spinal and brain injury hospital.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
the vitacoco with pinapple is what i tried, will never touch the stuff again,.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Damn... are coconuts supposed to be all that? I have a coconut tree in the back-yard, and most of my neighbors throw their coconuts out in huge piles during bulk pick-up days. I had no idea that coconuts are really all that...

I bought a machete from Harbor Freight a couple of years ago, and I use it to chop open coconuts... but lately, that's only for when I have a BBQ in my back-yard. I'll take a couple of coconuts, take the husk off, and then chop the top off the inside nuts, and then pour vodka and cranberry juice in there (or whatever)... tastes pretty good.

Man, I've got to be honest with you guys, if I ever move for work or anything, I'm going to really miss living in zone 9b / 10. I can grow friggin whatever the hell I want.

We don't buy pineapples anymore, but when we used to, we'd just cut the top off, stick it in a cup of water, and after it grew some roots, we'd stick it in the ground. I harvest at least one pineapple every month now.

Here's another REALLY REALLY great fruit / plant that grows here, which is ridiculously healthy for you... it's called "Suriname Cherry"

I have a bunch of these growing in my backyard. The health benefits are insane...
http://www.livestrong.com/a...urinam-cherry-fruit/

Here's another fruit tree I have growing in my back yard... it's called "starfruit"

They grow constantly throughout the better part of the year. Last year, I had so many that I ended up letting all my neighbors pick some off the tree, and I still ended up with about 20 pounds of fruit rotting... and that's only what I was able to pick up and put in a bag (I'm sure twice that much fell on the ground, or was eaten by squirells and whatever the hell else).

For my daughter's 2nd birthday party, I took like 5 pounds of starfruit, blended all of them, then filtered it through a calander, put it in a punch bowl with ice, then chopped up another 10 of them and left the star pieces in there, dumped like 4 kinds of alcohol and orange juice in there, and it was a super powerful anti-oxidant alcoholic punch drink... it was awesome.

I'm just saying right now... I will be so sad the day I have to move and leave all this. If I ever do, I'm keeping my house (zone 9 / 10), and my other property in Okeechobee (zone 8 / 9).

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
man, more of a reason why i hate this state. and another reason to add to the list for moving to florida. i take it you are in the southern part.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

man, more of a reason why i hate this state. and another reason to add to the list for moving to florida. i take it you are in the southern part.

Yup... Fort Lauderdale.

I like the diversity, culture, food, etc... and you're still in America.

I'm only 20 minutes from Miami and 30 minutes from South Beach, but only 6-8 minutes from Fort Lauderdale beach.

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
ft lauderdale ay? is there a VA close? i bet its not like most other military cities. tho that is what i am used to living in.

i think that is where i was supposed to go to C-School. nope, that was jax. just looked it up.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

ft lauderdale ay? is there a VA close? i bet its not like most other military cities. tho that is what i am used to living in.

i think that is where i was supposed to go to C-School. nope, that was jax. just looked it up.

I know there is a VA hospital in Miami...

It'll be fun, PLUS, you'll get to learn Spanish too...

There's nothing like going to Calle 8 (8th "street") and eating pastelitos y cafecito (literally, little pastries and little coffee), o cortadito... awesome stuff...

Some of the best empenadas y paellas down here...

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I know there is a VA hospital in Miami...

It'll be fun, PLUS, you'll get to learn Spanish too...

There's nothing like going to Calle 8 (8th "street") and eating pastelitos y cafecito (literally, little pastries and little coffee), o cortadito... awesome stuff...

Some of the best empenadas y paellas down here...

haha i should already know spanish. im a lil more than half mexican and i dont know too much. never really had much use for it here unless i was working in hibdons or in a kitchen. i should research what hte cost of living is out there. oh, any colleges close by? i gotta finish up my mech engineering degree... still working on my basics tho since i just got out of the navy last summer and am still classified as a freshman.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

haha i should already know spanish. im a lil more than half mexican and i dont know too much. never really had much use for it here unless i was working in hibdons or in a kitchen. i should research what hte cost of living is out there. oh, any colleges close by? i gotta finish up my mech engineering degree... still working on my basics tho since i just got out of the navy last summer and am still classified as a freshman.

There are actually some pretty decent ones. In South Florida at least, you have everything from undergraduate colleges, to graduate colleges.

If you're still starting out at a Freshman, you might be interested in going to our former "community college." Sounds aweful, I know... but our community college known as "Broward College" was listed in the top-ten community colleges, and was also on the list of one of the most advanced undergraduate colleges that's non-ivy league. The school is very inexpensive, and you can get a very decent 2-year degree from there. Once you get a degree from there, you automatically become accepted at any of the Florida state colleges like Florida Atlantic University, Florida International University, and the degree is considered a shoe-in (so long as your grades are good) for University of Florida (which is north Florida) and University of Miami.

FAU, and Broward College all have campuses around South Florida... there is actually a street called "College Avenue" which has 3-4 colleges on it. Nova Southeastern University which offers up to doctorate degrees. FIU and FAU have excellent engineering programs, and are pretty well known.

I got my bachelors degree from Barry University because it's fully accredited (SAC / Regional), and they offered a software engineering degree program that I could take in half-semesters (was able to get it in two years while working full time).

Cost of living isn't expensive, but it's not cheap when compared to some of the more rural states. The average 2,500 square foot home is still about 200,000 bucks in an area that you'd actually want to live. But you could buy a condo for DIRT cheap right now... probably a 3-bedroom condo for under 150,000 walking distance from the beach.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
T/A, ill pay u to mail me some starfruit
Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post

For my daughter's 2nd birthday party, I took like 5 pounds of starfruit, blended all of them, then filtered it through a calander, put it in a punch bowl with ice, then chopped up another 10 of them and left the star pieces in there, dumped like 4 kinds of alcohol and orange juice in there, and it was a super powerful anti-oxidant alcoholic punch drink... it was awesome.

I'm just saying right now... I will be so sad the day I have to move and leave all this. If I ever do, I'm keeping my house (zone 9 / 10), and my other property in Okeechobee (zone 8 / 9).

I really dont think your 2 year old daughter should be drinking a "super powerful anti-oxidant alcoholic punch drinks". lol.. j/k j/k..

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i think attending a community college would be i my best interest to knock all the basic crap out of the way then i can focus on all the engineering class stuff. i took engineering ethics this past semester for my philosophy class. i loved that class. rest of the courses were the basic school crud. not to my interest, but its gotta get done.

i wont hafta worry about working for a while since im getting taken care of for being a disabled veteran. (we wont go into that story) and i have the GI Bill housing allowance. here i was getting 968 for housing. my rent is 863 for a one bedroom apt, two one car garages ( fiero shops ) and two cats. im really tired of apartment life and am looking for a house for my next move. also for the next move, i am wanting out of this state. gotta get out before its too late. dont wanna get a house here because that could lock me in this hell. i loved every bit of florida when i was stationed there. i was in pensacola but i went and explored a lot of florida. on a side note, me and a friend are gonna drive from here to miami to get a vw rabbit thats had a few things done to it. cant wait for this road trip!

right now im livind down the street from the university in the town ive lived in since highschool. its a pretty upper class place. so its $$$$ here. i need to look up what the average cost of living is here and there. im gonna be searching for a place with a 2 car garage. i need more room than a one car to do my work. poor FASLANE is getting scratches on its perfect 87 paint job

oh, i hope and im sure the place isnt as abundant with fast food heart attack places like oklahoma is. this place is a pretty mighty unhealthy looking state.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

americasfuture2k

7131 posts
Member since Jan 2006
the copst of living there is slightly more expensive than here. still very affordable.

i should make this happen very soon. i see the health benefits are far greater there than htey are here. there is also a lot more to do. and i love me some shark steak

EDIT: lol wow, this thread went from coconut water to talk of living in florida. lol im not complaining at all.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

i think attending a community college would be i my best interest to knock all the basic crap out of the way then i can focus on all the engineering class stuff. i took engineering ethics this past semester for my philosophy class. i loved that class. rest of the courses were the basic school crud. not to my interest, but its gotta get done.

i wont hafta worry about working for a while since im getting taken care of for being a disabled veteran. (we wont go into that story) and i have the GI Bill housing allowance. here i was getting 968 for housing. my rent is 863 for a one bedroom apt, two one car garages ( fiero shops ) and two cats. im really tired of apartment life and am looking for a house for my next move. also for the next move, i am wanting out of this state. gotta get out before its too late. dont wanna get a house here because that could lock me in this hell. i loved every bit of florida when i was stationed there. i was in pensacola but i went and explored a lot of florida. on a side note, me and a friend are gonna drive from here to miami to get a vw rabbit thats had a few things done to it. cant wait for this road trip!

right now im livind down the street from the university in the town ive lived in since highschool. its a pretty upper class place. so its $$$$ here. i need to look up what the average cost of living is here and there. im gonna be searching for a place with a 2 car garage. i need more room than a one car to do my work. poor FASLANE is getting scratches on its perfect 87 paint job

oh, i hope and im sure the place isnt as abundant with fast food heart attack places like oklahoma is. this place is a pretty mighty unhealthy looking state.

Honestly, when you come down here to Miami, I'd be happy to talk with you and show you around. I promise I'm not a weirdo, or frog choker, or anything like that. There's a couple of guys on here who I've met and am friends with, but they're mostly lurkers. I can kind of give you a general idea of where you'll want to look. I will tell you this, Broward College is one of the best community colleges in the entire United States, it's in the top 10.

http://alumni.broward.edu/n...-120-Colleges....htm

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel...e_mdc_among_top.html

http://www.educationmonk.co...rd-Community-College

The whole area from Fort Lauderdale to Miami is kind of interesting, you have some ridiculously wealthy areas, and then right next door, a trailer park... so you'll find that for the most part, there are a lot of affordable places within decent areas. Every other car is a Lamborgini Gallardo, or a 1989 Toyota Corolla.

Best thing to do when you get down here is to get the housing guides from the local grocery stores, and check out the housing prices. I would recommend honestly that you come down here first and rent, at least for a year so that you get a better understanding of what and where you want to live... maybe even consider getting rid of one of your Fieros... hate to say it, but when you own a lot of crap, it holds you back.

You may very well want to move to a condo right next to South Beach and walk to the beach every night, banging Hispanic chicks, and drinking Mojitos... but you can't do that if you've got two Fieros that are forcing you to live in the more rural area.

I love living down here...

Anyway, let me know... if you're going to be heading down this way, we can meet up if you want, just shoot me a PM when it's getting closer, and I'll share my cell phone number.

EDIT: Oh yeah, people down here don't cook... even though they have some of the most magnificent kitchens in the world, most people go out to eat nearly every night. I don't because I try to save money so my wife cooks... but there are some bad-ass places to eat down here. I've lived all up and down the East coast, from Virginia, Washington D.C., Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Florida... and while they each have their own special thing about them, Florida is much more "forgiving."

People generally are not as nice... there's no "southern hospitality" like I was accustomed to in Richmond Virginia... but if you respect the culture, they'll treat you well. The laws also aren't as strict. There's no emissions testing, and no state income tax either.

Owning cars down here is so much easier too... we found a 1978 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz in a field a few years ago. We got it running, cut the roof off of it, and got it registered the same day. We drove it around with jagged B-pillars, and half the car non-functioning, and no one cared. I know of very few other states that allow that. When I lived in Northern Virginia... if you had a dent larger than the size of your fist, your car failed inspection and you couldn't get it registered... plus you also had to pay property tax on it. We also don't have front license plates here...

... and down the street from where I live, there is a modern and classic car show every Friday with about 300+ cars every single Friday, throughout the entire year.

You're also only an hour and a half from the Keys, or three hours away from Disney World / theme parks, or a day's drive away from Mardi Gras in New Orleans through I-10.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 05-24-2011).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Honestly, when you come down here to Miami, I'd be happy to talk with you and show you around. I promise I'm not a weirdo, or frog choker, or anything like that. There's a couple of guys on here who I've met and am friends with, but they're mostly lurkers. I can kind of give you a general idea of where you'll want to look. I will tell you this, Broward College is one of the best community colleges in the entire United States, it's in the top 10.

http://alumni.broward.edu/n...-120-Colleges....htm

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel...e_mdc_among_top.html

http://www.educationmonk.co...rd-Community-College

The whole area from Fort Lauderdale to Miami is kind of interesting, you have some ridiculously wealthy areas, and then right next door, a trailer park... so you'll find that for the most part, there are a lot of affordable places within decent areas. Every other car is a Lamborgini Gallardo, or a 1989 Toyota Corolla.

Best thing to do when you get down here is to get the housing guides from the local grocery stores, and check out the housing prices. I would recommend honestly that you come down here first and rent, at least for a year so that you get a better understanding of what and where you want to live... maybe even consider getting rid of one of your Fieros... hate to say it, but when you own a lot of crap, it holds you back.

You may very well want to move to a condo right next to South Beach and walk to the beach every night, banging Hispanic chicks, and drinking Mojitos... but you can't do that if you've got two Fieros that are forcing you to live in the more rural area.

I love living down here...

Anyway, let me know... if you're going to be heading down this way, we can meet up if you want, just shoot me a PM when it's getting closer, and I'll share my cell phone number.

EDIT: Oh yeah, people down here don't cook... even though they have some of the most magnificent kitchens in the world, most people go out to eat nearly every night. I don't because I try to save money so my wife cooks... but there are some bad-ass places to eat down here. I've lived all up and down the East coast, from Virginia, Washington D.C., Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Florida... and while they each have their own special thing about them, Florida is much more "forgiving."

People generally are not as nice... there's no "southern hospitality" like I was accustomed to in Richmond Virginia... but if you respect the culture, they'll treat you well. The laws also aren't as strict. There's no emissions testing, and no state income tax either.

Owning cars down here is so much easier too... we found a 1978 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz in a field a few years ago. We got it running, cut the roof off of it, and got it registered the same day. We drove it around with jagged B-pillars, and half the car non-functioning, and no one cared. I know of very few other states that allow that. When I lived in Northern Virginia... if you had a dent larger than the size of your fist, your car failed inspection and you couldn't get it registered... plus you also had to pay property tax on it. We also don't have front license plates here...

... and down the street from where I live, there is a modern and classic car show every Friday with about 300+ cars every single Friday, throughout the entire year.

You're also only an hour and a half from the Keys, or three hours away from Disney World / theme parks, or a day's drive away from Mardi Gras in New Orleans through I-10.

yea i would appreciate that. haha no worries, im not worried about anything like that. just dont be like that guy in the freebasing video randye just posted kind of funny tho.

sounds like here kind of. trailer parks in the wealthy areas. but im sure those trailers are mighty over priced. ill see the ocasional ferrari or lambo leaving my apartments. spotted a tesla a few times too. just makes me want to get my fiero on the road so much more. but theres still a lot more work to be done on this swap.

yea that sounds more practical than blindly jumping into an area you know nothing about. some can be pretty deceiving as i have found out before. same goes with a car. you may see many on the road, but that doesnt make them a good car. (aveo)

i do miss that part of the beach. and all the chicks. lol i hate it here. if i do move there, it will be me and my brother as hes getting ready to get out of the navy in a few months. hes got a 96 LT4 vette and a 71 deuce and a half (big mofo). both are all blacked out. so he can help add to the income to spend on housing and whatnot. i know he misses florida too since he got his last C4 in miami. i think his current one too.

ill definitely be doing that. i know it will be very hard to leave there. i miss it so much.

i dont remember to well, but isnt the old school aircooled to current vw scene pretty decent out there?

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Cost of living isn't expensive, but it's not cheap when compared to some of the more rural states. The average 2,500 square foot home is still about 200,000 bucks in an area that you'd actually want to live. But you could buy a condo for DIRT cheap right now... probably a 3-bedroom condo for under 150,000 walking distance from the beach.

Wow, I paid 68K for my 1,600 sq. foot. house in a major metropolitan area, though a below-average neighborhood. How do people make a $2,000/month mortgage payment?
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

yea i would appreciate that. haha no worries, im not worried about anything like that. just dont be like that guy in the freebasing video randye just posted kind of funny tho.

sounds like here kind of. trailer parks in the wealthy areas. but im sure those trailers are mighty over priced. ill see the ocasional ferrari or lambo leaving my apartments. spotted a tesla a few times too. just makes me want to get my fiero on the road so much more. but theres still a lot more work to be done on this swap.

yea that sounds more practical than blindly jumping into an area you know nothing about. some can be pretty deceiving as i have found out before. same goes with a car. you may see many on the road, but that doesnt make them a good car. (aveo)

i do miss that part of the beach. and all the chicks. lol i hate it here. if i do move there, it will be me and my brother as hes getting ready to get out of the navy in a few months. hes got a 96 LT4 vette and a 71 deuce and a half (big mofo). both are all blacked out. so he can help add to the income to spend on housing and whatnot. i know he misses florida too since he got his last C4 in miami. i think his current one too.

ill definitely be doing that. i know it will be very hard to leave there. i miss it so much.

i dont remember to well, but isnt the old school aircooled to current vw scene pretty decent out there?

Yeah, the VW scene is pretty decent down here... I think the "place" for the VW scene is still and will always be Southern California, but I do see a lot of VWs down here. I see at least 1 beetle a day, and usually see 1 or 2 busses a week. There's a big club down here too which I am a part of (I have a 1973 VW Bus), but never been to a single meeting. To be honest, I'm not real big in the car club scene. I think in total I've maybe been to 10 car shows in the 15 years I've lived here.

I actually just got back from the beach... heh. I picked up my daughter, and we just hung out at the beach for an hour.

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Wow, I paid 68K for my 1,600 sq. foot. house in a major metropolitan area, though a below-average neighborhood. How do people make a $2,000/month mortgage payment?

Well, that's basically what I pay. My mortgage over the years has been anywhere from $1,956 (what it is now) to just under $2,200. I mean... 2,000 a month isn't cheap, but it isn't expensive either for a middle-class family I would guess. For a household that brings in a combined income of about $100,000 that would be a pretty modest income. That said... I have a lot of respect for people who make more than that, and live much more below their means. I would be too for the most part, but I've got a wife and a kid, and got an amazing deal on a house before the boom. After it's rise and fall, it's still worth more than I paid for it, so I can't complain. It was a late 80s / modern home... sort of in the mediterrainian style. I like it, just finished painting the entire thing. That's what's nice (and lame) about South Florida... all the homes are single story... and no basements. Most people use their garages for storage (not for their cars). I've learned to live without excess "crap" simply because I don't have space to put that crap... heh.

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
I want to find me a bus after I get this swap done next month.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post

that it aids in blood transfusion. that it is identical to human plasma.

that sounds pretty out there to me. i was going to dump it because it tasted nothing like i expected and grieve over some whole leaf tea but i saw some of its other benifits like helping raise metabolism, helps rehydrate, and its full of that good stuff(minerals n vitamins).

i didnt expect it to taste so bitter tho. i went ahead and chugged the rest of my bottle i had and im feeling a bit more refreshed now. guess this is something i need to get used to. the flavor if it that is. just like ive had to with so many other things after my head injury.

forgot to mention i got that ZICO brand from Target. i found i can get the Vitacoco from GNC

Its true, coconut was used as IV's substitutes in the pacific during WWII. As crazy as it sounds, it the real deal.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow. So this stuff is a miracle juice of sorts.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post

pretty much, its natures natural sport drink, medicinal elixir, saleen solution, etc. its massively powerful.
Tomski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TomskiSend a Private Message to TomskiDirect Link to This Post
Its going to be the latest GNC fad, before this was probiotics. As helpful as these things are, the vast majority that takes it is doing it simply for the fact that everyone else is doing it.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I have no idea. in NY, there are plenty of areas where the TAXES alone are 2,000 a month! (yeah, 24,000 a year, wtf?) (and the home is pre 1950's, 1 bathroom and under 2000 sq. feet!) At least the Mortgage is only around 2,900-3,800...

NY's overrated, just like this silly coconut water...
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Yes. And fortunately WE JUST discovered that after thousands of years of existence on the planet. Isn't the timing just SO fortunate for us??

Edit to say I really MISS the days when POMEGRANATE was the all-awesome fruit.

Double edit to say I REALLY miss the days when the BLUEBERRY was the all-awesome fruit.

[This message has been edited by frontal lobe (edited 05-25-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock