Started on: 05-23-2011 09:08 AM
Replies: 83
Last post by: Khw on 05-26-2011 08:02 PM
Isolde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I'm close to getting banned for telling things as I see them. Fine. I guess this isn't such a friendly community after all. And all I ever tried to do was help.
LS1 tech is far more successful, and far more profitable for it's owner. Same for thirdgen.org and pirate 4x4. None of them have this ratings / negs BS.
And you guys negging me for giving you researched, documented, independently verifiable facts? Or doing so in a blunt fashion? You're stuck in a high school mentality.
I don't need this. I liked it here, before this BS got all out of hand.
You don't need me, you're obviously dead set on trying it your way, even though you're just gonna end up proving me right. Noone can help those of you who refuse to heed sound advice. You just want to read that your thoughts were correct, even when they weren't.
Fine. Goodbye.
P.S. Anyone in Utah wanna buy all my Fiero stuff for a flat $500 cash? Bring a trailer. My e-mail, since I'm about to no longer be able get PMs, is idcsr1@aol.com.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2011 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Ya want some cheese to go with that wine ?

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-23-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Isolde:

Looks like I'm close to getting banned for telling things as I see them. Fine. I guess this isn't such a friendly community after all. And all I ever tried to do was help.
LS1 tech is far more successful, and far more profitable for it's owner. Same for thirdgen.org and pirate 4x4. None of them have this ratings / negs BS.
And you guys negging me for giving you researched, documented, independently verifiable facts? Or doing so in a blunt fashion? You're stuck in a high school mentality.
You don't need me, you're obviously dead set on trying it your way, even though you're just gonna end up proving me right. Noone can help those of you who refuse to heed sound advice. You just want to read that your thoughts were correct, even when they weren't.
Fine. Goodbye.
P.S. Anyone in Utah wanna buy all my Fiero stuff for a flat $500 cash? Bring a trailer. My e-mail, since I'm about to no longer be able get PMs, is idcsr1@aol.com.

Just to be annoying, I gave you a positive, so it looks like you won't be able to get banned as quick as you though! HA HA!!!!! (said in evil voice).

Honestly, it's kind of silly that you would sell all your Fiero stuff for the simple fact that you got mad at some people on here?

I don't know what your arguments with other people have been about, but I find it useful to just step back on some of these posts, and not let yourself get upset. All you can do is offer advice, and advice is awesome... because it's free, and costs the person nothing, but costs you your time. So people should never take for granted any advice that someone is willing to give.

I might be on the other side of the argument, or I might not (no idea what we're arguing about here), but don't let a disagreement like the H272 vs H260 cam selection get you so angry that you get yourself banned. Advice is becoming less and less common now... so don't let yourself get this angry over a message board... it's not healthy.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
I gave you a ' + ' as well.

Stick around - piss off the trolls!
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I gave you a ' + ' as well.

Stick around - piss off the trolls!

It's really hard to be a martyr when everyone keeps giving pluses!!! heheh...

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

I must have missed the drama. Link to controversial thread?
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

I must have missed the drama. Link to controversial thread?

Me to. He's had a plus from me for awhile. It takes someone being downright disrespectful of the community at large to get a neg from me and I've never seen him do that.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 05-23-2011).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
You're far from being 'banned', but why so much 'red'? And what are you talking about here----> "And you guys negging me for giving you researched, documented, independently verifiable facts? Or doing so in a blunt fashion? You're stuck in a high school mentality. "

Facts about WHAT? Cars,Religion, Politics, etc?

I think some folks vote out of sheer exhaution from reading certain things...

Sorta like "Enough, already!!!!".

read this:
"I don't need this. I liked it here, before this BS got all out of hand. "

What got out of hand?

text?

"You don't need me, you're obviously dead set on trying it your way, even though you're just gonna end up proving me right. Noone can help those of you who refuse to heed sound advice. "

Is it possible for you to 'remain' here and not try to give out advice to people who don't ask for it? or if you offer it, and they don't want it, to realize that they need to discover the 'truth' for themselves, whatever 'truth' it is...

Don't think you'll be 'voted off the island', but I have found it to be a lot nicer when I hit that 'back' button rather then post something I wrote during a heated moment. Not because I'm afraid of posting my feelings about something, I just realized that I typed a buncha stupid wordsVirtual self-control, if you will. A freedom you don't have in the 'Real world'...

Not saying what YOU type is stupid, just that obviously, you ticked off some people. Not sure about how many, but it's not THAT many...

I didn't neg you, even after you made fun of my mamma!

I don't recall much about you other then it seems like every so often you seem to get into spats w/ people. or something. not sure. Maybe we did. I forget. Forums are funny that way. Sometimes, you have no idea that people are so heated up, or something happens , if you don't click on a link and read everything.

"take a day off from here, you'll feel better...."

Dang, STILL hafta make the donuts... bye
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
I gave you a plus. You have helped me out before via pm.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
lol - yes - O/T is frustrating.

people shouldn't get rated on their political standings - yet - as soon as they show their lean - their ratings will show a marked change.

you'll get the plus's from "your side" - and the minus's from the "other side". likely never even had a ratings bar until that moment.

I was lucky enought to have spent most of my time in Tech being helpful, and got a solid green bar, before stumbling in O/T and showing myself NOT to be a conformist.

and, dont actually remember your "lean" - but judging by those doling out the Plus's, you'll be fine in no time. Normally, people crying about ratings bars get heavier red.....
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Don't think you'll be 'voted off the island', but I have found it to be a lot nicer when I hit that 'back' button rather then post something I wrote during a heated moment. Not because I'm afraid of posting my feelings about something, I just realized that I typed a buncha stupid wordsVirtual self-control, if you will. A freedom you don't have in the 'Real world'...

Good advice.

Seems like I hit the back button 30 or so percent of the time and don't post something.
PFF
System Bot
DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
Drama Queen anyone?

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerDirect Link to This Post
i gave you a
+ just for being thin skinned , thicken up re read your old posts and then ignore them

[This message has been edited by timmer (edited 05-23-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

what YOU type is stupid

Damn, that's mean... that's a real quote!

Haha... sorry, I'm just being a dick...

<note, quote taken out of context, but I'm grouchy, and thought I would pull a Democrat media spin>

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

lol - yes - O/T is frustrating.

people shouldn't get rated on their political standings - yet - as soon as they show their lean - their ratings will show a marked change.

you'll get the plus's from "your side" - and the minus's from the "other side". likely never even had a ratings bar until that moment.

I was lucky enought to have spent most of my time in Tech being helpful, and got a solid green bar, before stumbling in O/T and showing myself NOT to be a conformist.

and, dont actually remember your "lean" - but judging by those doling out the Plus's, you'll be fine in no time. Normally, people crying about ratings bars get heavier red.....

Pyrth... you're my buddy... let's have some beers next time you're down here in sunny South Florida.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Pyrth... you're my buddy... let's have some beers next time you're down here in sunny South Florida.

sounds like a good plan - tho - some trepidation about getting locked in the box in the basement
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Isolde:Looks like I'm close to getting banned for telling things as I see them. Fine. I guess this isn't such a friendly community after all. And all I ever tried to do was help.
Fine. Goodbye.

We're stuck in a high school mentality, says the drama queen crying that people don't like him?

I don't know what you did to upset anyone else, and I really don't care. It sounds like you already know that the "problem" is that you present your case "in a blunt fashion", which I pretty much read as "like an arrogant arse". Seems to me that you're aware of the problem, and it should be simple to fix if you want to exert some effort to fix it.

Or go hang out at all the aforementioned sites you like so much better

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:
We're stuck in a high school mentality, says the drama queen crying that people don't like him?

us pots all know that damn kettle is black!
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

sounds like a good plan - tho - some trepidation about getting locked in the box in the basement

82-T/A [At Work]: just go downstairs and make yourself at home...

*Pyrthian walks down the stairs into the dimly-lit basement, notices two guys bound and gagged wiggling around on the floor*

Pyrthian: Uhhhh....Who are these two guys?

82-T/A [At Work]: Oh, you'll get to know them REAL well... they'll be in front and behind you...

*Pyrthian notices a large sheet of paper taped to the wall, something that looks like a bug, and some text*

*moves in close to read the words*

Pyrthian: Human Centipe..AIEEEEEERGHHHH!!!!!

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I don't know what you did to piss of whoever gave you negative ratings. I myself have you rated as a plus. Speaking ill of the forum will certainly gain you some negative votes though. As Rumor said, you are far from being banned. Don't take the negative votes so personally. I probably have more negative votes than most of the members here. You can't please everyone no matter what forum you are on or how nice you are. Don't let the door hit you on the backside when you leave. You will still be welcomed if you decide to come back.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

avengador1

35467 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Most houses have no basements in Florida, the water table is too high.
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I don't generally respond to these "I'm leaving" threads because typically they are just a cry for attention. I've left for extended periods of time "just because", and I've never made an announcement. I really doubt anyone missed me all that much, and that's OK, my guess is that with little exception, it would be that way for just about everyone if they just vanished. I've only seen a few "where are they" threads, and none of them were ever about me.
Now, I said that, basically just to say that sometimes, it's good to get away for a while. It's easy to get addicted to this forum, it's one of the most active forums I've ever seen on the Internet, and overall, it's a *fairly* friendly forum. It's a great way to feel connected to a large group in the absence of one IRL. (As a side note to how "friendly" this place is, I've been on Bullshido, and man, what a stark contrast, talk about cliquish and hostile, wow) If you find that it's frustrating more than it's fun, then maybe it *is* time to walk away for a while. That doesn't mean you can never come back, just take the time to let go of some of the frustration, if it takes a week, a month, or a year. No internet forum is worth being frustrated over. I've known people to lose sleep over discussions on the internet....and that's just way too worried about what other people think as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, just a word of advise, (hmmm) give up trying to change anyone's mind about anything. People are going to do what they're going to do. If you have a good piece of advice, all you can do is present it the best you can, and then let it go. Generally, people who are looking for advice aren't really looking for advice, they're looking for affirmation of what they already want to do. And if you tell them something they don't want to hear, then they aren't going to listen or follow the advice. They'll keep asking until they hear what the want to hear, (read what they want to read) even if it's *bad* advice. It's not a personal affront to you, you just aren't saying the right things for them. So that's my advice, take it or leave it, either way is OK with me.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Well here is another plus from someone who has disagreed with you more than agreed, Just to piss you off, but I never neged you. Someone’s opinions are not worth neging them for.

Now when people are just downright arrogant and disrespectful of others, now that is what I give negs for. Like Toddster or Phranc now they did disserve and get negs from me.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 05-23-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
hahaha, what a silly thread. Pretty sure I just gave Isolde a plus just last week for his explantion on turbo gas mileage question that I had.

I think a ratings bar would be sweet, no matter what color. It means that people are actually paying attention to the posts that you take so long to type up at least!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I’m leaving……………………………. this thread!
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I have no problem saying it. I gave you a neg awhile back for this exchange in one of my threads about wheels...

Originally posted by JimmyS:

I have seen that chart before and while it is a decent guide, it is not accurate.

And your reply...

Close enough.
You can always order an extra 5 mm of positive offset, then use 5 or 10 mm spacers to fine tune it.
If you don't like it, you make us one. One that's precise to the millimeter.
Nobody here can offer anything better than that diagram.
Because of this little but inescapable variable: production tolerances.
Use that brain your momma gave you, go get a wheelmate, and check your own, instead of lazily whining to us about Joe Torma's free gift to you.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

GOOD NEWS!!! There are no basements in Florida!!! hahah...

I would probably make you my personal welder / fabrication slave... you know, if I ever went crazy and decided to lock people up in my house.

82-T/A [At Work]: just go downstairs and make yourself at home...

*Pyrthian walks down the stairs into the dimly-lit basement, notices two guys bound and gagged wiggling around on the floor*

Pyrthian: Uhhhh....Who are these two guys?

82-T/A [At Work]: Oh, you'll get to know them REAL well... they'll be in front and behind you...

*Pyrthian notices a large sheet of paper taped to the wall, something that looks like a bug, and some text*

*moves in close to read the words*

Pyrthian: Human Centipe..AIEEEEEERGHHHH!!!!!

Hah... I've still never seen that movie, but I saw that play on it from South Park... pretty nasty! hahah...
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Hah... I've still never seen that movie, but I saw that play on it from South Park... pretty nasty! hahah...

The trailer was enough. Of, if someone described it before i watched it....that would have been JUST fine...

*shudders*

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, lets retrun to the fun...

Heh, sometimes you just hafta take a step back and just be amazed at the world, and how complicated it can all get...

And how silly it all is.

*keeps backing up da boobies*

ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2011 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
I was banned twice, both times for SILLY reasons, did it make me stop coming on here for a while>? Sure it did, I never hated my fiero, maybe flicked the bird at another fiero owner or two in real life but thats about it.

In other words, don;t hate the Fiero, hate the people that attempt to cause civil war amongst the Fiero owner community.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ShadowHawk (edited 05-23-2011).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShadowHawk:

I was banned twice, both times for SILLY reasons,

It's always silly in the eyes of the beholder. Seriously, you think I ever received an email from someone saying: "Thank you for banning me, I was behaving like an a-hole and it's a good thing you opened my eyes and showed me the error of my ways"?

Not saying you were behaving like an a-hole, I'm just saying I'm getting a bit tired of the emails and private messages from (soon to be) banned members telling me there's something wrong with the people on PFF because it couldn't possibly be something they have done that caused the ban.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11609 posts
Member since Jan 99
Oh, and I would also like to know where the security hole in my forum software is since everybody is apparently able to see exactly when, from who, why and what rating they got. You know, the "I see I got a few more negative ratings in this thread just for stating my opinion" remarks I read everywhere.
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

It's always silly in the eyes of the beholder. Seriously, you think I ever received an email from someone saying: "Thank you for banning me, I was behaving like an a-hole and it's a good thing you opened my eyes and showed me the error of my ways"?

Not saying you were behaving like an a-hole, I'm just saying I'm getting a bit tired of the emails and private messages from (soon to be) banned members telling me there's something wrong with the people on PFF because it couldn't possibly be something they have done that caused the ban.

Well, in all honesty, let's face it, it isn't always fair. Some of us (me included) are sometimes contrarians. Not simply for the sake of being a contrarian, but just because we sometimes have a different take on things. And being on the low side of the opinion ratio is a dangerous place to be around here. The majority can gang up and forcefully express their opinion, using any and all methods, including name-calling, insults, etc. And the person with the less than popular opinion ends up being bullied into silence. It's either that, or be prepared to receive a bunch of negs. I've given up caring, but it really would be nice if I could openly express my less than popular opinion and not be badgered and bullied into submission just because some don't like the way I think. I really don't believe someone who is simply trying to convey their opinion and ends up being the victim of a mass beating is the one being an a-hole. And I'm sure this opinion will be unpopular. The good news, I've learned my lesson and won't bother trying to defend it.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Oh, and I would also like to know where the security hole in my forum software is since everybody is apparently able to see exactly when, from who, why and what rating they got. You know, the "I see I got a few more negative ratings in this thread just for stating my opinion" remarks I read everywhere.

That would be the Ouija board function over at museum of talking boards. (WHAT ????....aint that right below PFF in EVERYBODYS bookmarks ? )

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

Well, in all honesty, let's face it, it isn't always fair. Some of us (me included) are sometimes contrarians. Not simply for the sake of being a contrarian, but just because we sometimes have a different take on things. And being on the low side of the opinion ratio is a dangerous place to be around here. The majority can gang up and forcefully express their opinion, using any and all methods, including name-calling, insults, etc. And the person with the less than popular opinion ends up being bullied into silence. It's either that, or be prepared to receive a bunch of negs. I've given up caring, but it really would be nice if I could openly express my less than popular opinion and not be badgered and bullied into submission just because some don't like the way I think. I really don't believe someone who is simply trying to convey their opinion and ends up being the victim of a mass beating is the one being an a-hole. And I'm sure this opinion will be unpopular. The good news, I've learned my lesson and won't bother trying to defend it.

I have never seen anyone banned for giving a contrary opinion. You might get a few negatives for it but that goes with the territory. People who get banned on this forum deserve it. They go above and beyond to be obnoxious or are just jerks.

It is one thing to give a contrary opinion. It is another to insult people, their engine choice, their workmanship, or worst of all, insult Fieros. Such people are the ones that get banned.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Apparently, I've never rated Isode. But, since everyone else is giving him a plus, I think I'll stick with a neutral. Could have been a + but whining really gets old.

Go back and re-read some of your old posts, it may not have what you said but, how you said it. Not sure, I don't remember ever interacting with you on a thread.

Getting out of Fieros? Seems a little drastic to me but to each their own.

Edited: While surfing around, I started paying attention to Isode posts. All I'll say is this, go back and re-read them, if you had been addressing me the way you addressed several other members, I'd have negg'd you also. But, you're still at a neutral from me. Stick around, don't be so full of yourself and enjoy this place in cyberspace. It's actually a pretty cool place.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-23-2011).]

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:
I have never seen anyone banned for giving a contrary opinion. You might get a few negatives for it but that goes with the territory. People who get banned on this forum deserve it. They go above and beyond to be obnoxious or are just jerks.

It is one thing to give a contrary opinion. It is another to insult people, their engine choice, their workmanship, or worst of all, insult Fieros. Such people are the ones that get banned.

That probably depends. It would difficult for me to be banned simply because I have almost 200 ratings, most of them positive. That doesn't mean it would be impossible, I'd have to piss off a lot of people. But a new guy who doesn't have a lot of ratings, or none, he's at risk. I could point you in the direction of a few threads where I could literally watch my ratings bar change to the negative. I wasn't being an ass or insulting, I was merely expressing my opinion. They happened to be particularly controversial and emotional threads that people were really passionate about, but I still don't think anything I said or did justified the number of negs I received. And I'll add I was absolutely the recipient of quite a bit of abuse and insult in those threads. I did nothing to cultivate that kind of treatment, aside from expressing my opinion. It just happened to be an unpopular opinion.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

If you don't know, then I'm not going to tell you!
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post

Wait, you mean forums for some of the most popular things in the entire automotive world are more successful than a forum for an UNpopular car? How does THAT happen?
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

That probably depends. It would difficult for me to be banned simply because I have almost 200 ratings, most of them positive. That doesn't mean it would be impossible, I'd have to piss off a lot of people. But a new guy who doesn't have a lot of ratings, or none, he's at risk. I could point you in the direction of a few threads where I could literally watch my ratings bar change to the negative. I wasn't being an ass or insulting, I was merely expressing my opinion. They happened to be particularly controversial and emotional threads that people were really passionate about, but I still don't think anything I said or did justified the number of negs I received. And I'll add I was absolutely the recipient of quite a bit of abuse and insult in those threads. I did nothing to cultivate that kind of treatment, aside from expressing my opinion. It just happened to be an unpopular opinion.

Yup, I've watched people basically get run out of OT for a differing opinion, it's sad but it is what it is, the usual suspects seem to like to find a whipping post and go to town.

Like I said in another thread thinking for yourself (and expressing it) is not popular here to many, get in line and you will do just fine.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 05-23-2011).]

ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
cant we all just get along?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock