Started on: 05-23-2011 09:08 AM
Replies: 83
Last post by: Khw on 05-26-2011 08:02 PM
Isolde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
Much warm, friendly, sincere thanks and brotherly love to those who've pulled me back from the brink. Much difficult, painful-for-me appreciation to those who typed constructive criticism. And my sincere apologies to any who may have taken offense at anything I typed about the forum as a whole.
Changing my ways is difficult. I have not been noticeably successful. I still have negligible social skills.
It seems to me that most people I interact with, in life as well as here, can't do casual conversation, but without the fake niceties. I'm not one to comment on the nice weather, or your nice new shoes. It seems more respectful to get to the point, without sugar coating, so you're not wasting people's time.
I'm done offering unsolicited opinion. I obviously suck at it. Sorry. But I will continue presenting facts.
Lastly for this post, I have received a friendly e-mail. I'm feeling optimistic.
If he kindly takes my Fiero, I'll be available by request for unlimited free advice on engine building. That's my prime specialty.
If he doesn't take it, and if I find a way to not have to scrap it for the $150 that that would get me, then I'll start a build thread, with pics.
If he doesn't take it, and I have to scrap it, I'll have an '88 cradle with rear suspension that I'll need to sell.
Peace!
IP: Logged
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
You want to see someone who was an arrogant ass? Look at the first few threads I posted in after my stroke in 04. I was pissed off at the world and it showed in a lot of my posts. No one is perfect, especially me. Stick around we need different opinions in OT. And we need knowledgeable people in tech.

So stick around, we ain’t going anywhere.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

You want to see someone who was an arrogant ass? Look at the first few threads I posted in after my stroke in 04. I was pissed off at the world and it showed in a lot of my posts. No one is perfect

Yea what Steve said. We are all assholes from time to time. Part of what keeps this place dynamic.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Isolde:

I'm not one to comment on the nice weather, or your nice new shoes. It seems more respectful to get to the point, without sugar coating, so you're not wasting people's time.

Sir, I'm going to level with you... your daughter's hot, and I want nothing more than to screw her brains out in the passenger seat of my Fiero... what do you think?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Sir, I'm going to level with you... your daughter's hot, and I want nothing more than to screw her brains out in the passenger seat of my Fiero... what do you think?

Wow let me be the first to say,
That post is useless without pictures.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

I think yer woman dont read the forum
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

I said something like that to a crazy chick's dad once. I wanted to make sure I'd never see her again.

Stalkers are frickin scary.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Hahah... that was an EXAMPLE of when small-talk is necessary, and being up-front can be a bad thing...

I don't know is Isolde has a daughter, I was just saying...

I'm not screwing anyone's daughter, except my father-in-law's...
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Hahah... that was an EXAMPLE of when small-talk is necessary, and being up-front can be a bad thing...

I don't know is Isolde has a daughter, I was just saying...

I'm not screwing anyone's daughter, except my father-in-law's...

and, it is also an example of how many people can read the same exact thing, and get so many various reactions.

first thing anyone who deals with people learns: if someone can take it the wrong way - they will.

edit: also, being a Fiero Forum, reminds me of Mall Rats. The running joke of doing it the "uncomfortable place".

[This message has been edited by Pyrthian (edited 05-23-2011).]

NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
I've been ganged up on here for simply saying what my religion was, but then again, many great people came to my side. All it did was expose people for what they were. Forums are simply a microcosm of society, you have your A-holes, nice nice guys, and everyone in between.

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

I've been ganged up on here for simply saying what my religion was, but then again, many great people came to my side. All it did was expose people for what they were. Forums are simply a microcosm of society, you have your A-holes, nice nice guys, and everyone in between.

OOPS....I thought we were ganging up on you because of your lousy spelling!

HA!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 05-23-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
LOL!.

oh yeah, that too. but then again that was a "gang" of only one

[This message has been edited by NickD3.4 (edited 05-23-2011).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
I gave you an A+,because you have a set of brass balls for speaking your mind.
you probubley just need to sit back and relax for a day or two (away form the computer).

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 05-23-2011).]

ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post

Hahah... that was an EXAMPLE of when small-talk is necessary

WA HAR HAR HAR
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2011 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
...COMMIE PINKO SQUEEKS
....got verbal beat up for leaving(weakling,coward)

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 05-23-2011).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

I've been ganged up on here for simply saying what my religion was, but then again, many great people came to my side.

I think I was one of those people that came to your side...

Reality is what was said earlier. Use tact when posting, read what you wrote and think about it before you hit submit. Telling someone to "Use the brain your Momma gave you" is really not the most tactful way of saying something. Not saying I'm perfect in that department, there have been a few times I threw tact out the window but most of the timeI try to not insult people because I don't want them to insult me. What's that called? Oh yeah, The Golden Rule.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
If you don't want a negative from a majority of the members, I've got a pretty sure fire way to avoid it.

Be respectful. That doesn't mean have your hat in your hand or kiss someone's backside. It means have a mature conversation and when things here turn into debates as they often do, say your peace without having a fragile ego. YOUR way isn't always the only way.

Stick to your guns and stand up for your beliefs. People who label themselves "contrarians" NEVER get a neg from me for having a different viewpoint. Name calling, blatant offensive posting with a desire to rock the boat, etc is what gets you negatives. Right vs. left does not come into play. Not for me and I'm willing to bet not for many others here.

Obey the rules of the forum. I can only build my opinion of you based on how you present yourself here. If you swear a lot (especially when you circumvent the c3ns0rs to do so) does not sit well with me. I usually don't neg for it though, but it helps form my opinion of you, and not for the better.

I've liked nearly every post from Isolde I've read (just in Off Topic), but a "Take my ball and go home" thread is pretty childish. Stick around, enjoy the forum, and try to remember we are all here united by a car. We won't always get along, and we won't always see eye to eye, but that's part of what makes this place interesting. We come from all walks of life, all levels of income, all religious, social, ethnic, and sexual backgrounds. And all of us, when a nice Fiero drives by us, take notice and wonder if the driver is on PFF.

So relax, stop threatening to leave, and enjoy yourself.

If so, welcome back!

If not, bye.

- Flamberge
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
You know, my policy is to neg anyone who complains about their ratings bar.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

I could totally see it too, using my secret link that allows me to see who gives - / +s...

brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post

Word. Besides, aren't you the guy who just got banned from TGO for having like 3 accounts over there? You would post in a thread about how you were right about whatever and nobody would agree with your ridiculous crap except your other personalities?

Even if this account is banned you'll just use one of your other accounts here to keep posting, no biggie.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Yeah lol I have been banned because people THOUGHT I was S. Ham. THAT was bogus and I still have lots of negs from back then. But I don't whine about it.... Lol you aren't even close to being banned. Get over it.

PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad I don't have a ratings bar...

Isolde, you have another message.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by brandon87gt:

Word. Besides, aren't you the guy who just got banned from TGO for having like 3 accounts over there? You would post in a thread about how you were right about whatever and nobody would agree with your ridiculous crap except your other personalities?

Even if this account is banned you'll just use one of your other accounts here to keep posting, no biggie.

Me? ?

Edit: Oh ok the OP. lol

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 05-24-2011).]

brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post
No, not you, the OP. I was quoting you because I have the same policy. Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post.

Edit: This is the thread I was talking about. The link to TGO is at the bottom of the page, posted by fieroguru, and you can see where Isolde carries on a conversation with himself on TGO using 3 different screen names.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/084366.html

I just noticed that thread was also a 'I'm crying about my ratings bar' thread.

[This message has been edited by brandon87gt (edited 05-24-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

No, not you, the OP. I was quoting you because I have the same policy. Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post.

Edit: This is the thread I was talking about. The link to TGO is at the bottom of the page, posted by fieroguru, and you can see where Isolde carries on a conversation with himself on TGO using 3 different screen names.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/084366.html

HEH.... TGO... just followed that thread, brings back old memories. I totally miss my 1982 Pontiac TransAm, that was such a cool car... I used to hang out on TGO all the time. It's funny because the V6 guys are always looking for the Fiero valve covers. But man... a 3rd gen with a V6/60 must be really slow?
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

LOL That's hilarious!

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Group hug!
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Well, I guess he's found an effective method, given the number of people in each thread that claim to have given him a positive rating.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:

Well, I guess he's found an effective method, given the number of people in each thread that claim to have given him a positive rating.

Hahah... true... I kind of feel whored out!
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2011 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Group hug!

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

... or starts threads to announce they're leaving, or to complain about the rating system, or to ask for ratings.
One thing I have noticed about most people who've been banned is they all say it was for "telling it like it is" or words to that effect.

Strange, I haven't rated Isolde yet.
PFF
System Bot
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Strange, I haven't rated Isolde yet.

Nor have I, but was originally leaning towards positive. Now I'm back to neutral.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

I love the internet and PFF.
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post
Can't say that I've rated you one way or the other, but I don't know of any posts of yours that would of pissed anyone off.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Oh, and I would also like to know where the security hole in my forum software is since everybody is apparently able to see exactly when, from who, why and what rating they got.

Found it! Plug 'er up!

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 05-25-2011).]

datacop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Hahah... true... I kind of feel whored out!

Slut.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Oh, and I would also like to know where the security hole in my forum software is since everybody is apparently able to see exactly when, from who, why and what rating they got. You know, the "I see I got a few more negative ratings in this thread just for stating my opinion" remarks I read everywhere.

I don't know about negatives but it's fairly obvious where the positives come from!
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42: You know, my policy is to neg anyone who complains about their ratings bar.

You know, my ratings bar is WAY too green. Can you help a brother out?
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

You know, my ratings bar is WAY too green. Can you help a brother out?

Just gave you a neg hookup . I'll change it back someday.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Hmm.... I dated this girl once...

(nah, wrong place to talk about it)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay