Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Your hand-to-hand combat weapon of choice (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Your hand-to-hand combat weapon of choice by Wichita
Started on: 05-21-2011 04:01 PM
Replies: 86
Last post by: Taijiguy on 05-23-2011 01:04 PM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
If you had to choose a hand combat weapon, such as a sword, nunchaku, spiked mace club, battle axe and etc. Which would you choose?:

But, here is the stipulation. No projectile, spring-loaded, explosive, flammable, poisonous, chemically applied or anything like that. Just physical beating or cutting only.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

If you had to choose a hand combat weapon, such as a sword, nunchaku, spiked mace club, battle axe and etc. Which would you choose?:

But, here is the stipulation. No projectile, spring-loaded, explosive, flammable, poisonous, chemically applied or anything like that. Just physical beating or cutting only.

The whole bottom is made of pressed 1/4" steel.

This was before people were trying to conserve resources, and the full sized Cadillac Eldorado was in it's last year of production.

You could knock someone out clean with it... and then use it to hack into their bank account (as long as you had 2 adaptors... XT to PS2, PS2 to USB.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 05-21-2011).]

BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
Brass knuckles.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
poleaxe or pike keep em away lol
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Nothing. 2 fists and any other appendages is all one needs to effectively fight.

Problem with close range melee weapons is they can be dropped, etc. So why bother with them?
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Rebar club a la Fall Out: New Vegas.

When I'm not wandering the Wild Wasteland, I prefer a nice, solid spade shovel. Has a nice ring on contact.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
http://sogknives.com/store/TF-7.html

Odd, I do shotgun for home def, 700rem and 16ar for post "rapture" but find the knife the most used tool
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post

Uaana

6570 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Guess if it comes down to it, i'll crush your zombie brain with a shovel or hatchet if needed.

Sorry not a Rapture fan. I will survive
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Mine would be as whip.

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Trident and net./spartacus
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
A stout hefty staff, 5' long around 13 lbs weight--a little heavier on one end than the other, 2-3" in diameter. Oak or bodark.

2nd choice is Kabar.
PFF
System Bot
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

This was before people were trying to conserve resources, and the full sized Cadillac Eldorado was in it's last year of production.

You could knock someone out clean with it... and then use it to hack into their bank account (as long as you had 2 adaptors... XT to PS2, PS2 to USB.

Interesting. Its a multi-purpose weapon. It allows you to be a badass online and offline LOL
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
Chinese jian. Not that flimsy tai chi sword bs either, a real one.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
My weapon of choice when I was younger was a roll of quarters.
Wrap your fist around those and you will break a man's jaw.

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 05-21-2011).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
The best hand to hand weapon is one thats not seen. A 3 inch blade is more than enough to kill someone. Tucked neatly behind your wrist until they let you close enough to use it.

But my personal favorite is a pair of 9 inch double edged daggers, black with no hilt to hang up on anything and a grip that stays solid in your hand even wet.
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2011 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
I was a WARRIOR in another life,before I became a 69 year old, 245 pound Fiero panty boy..
There are good reason,s why the sword & spear were the weapon,s of choice before fire arms & other smoke poles

whether alone or in a tight formation the Spartans & other primative squeeks decimated their enemies jabing,jabbing then spray with perfume,trample stomp,get in with swords
the most effective weapons are covered in SECRETS OF THE SAMURAI unfortunately this book cost $50.00 ,original price $40.00 ... all schools of fighting are covered better than books on western martial arts,even the FAN was a weapon & thier was extensive training,, thier are over 50 weapons,with extensive training on each, there can be up to 20 stages of success(think belts)
Japanese buse was westernize in the late 60,s & 70,s,, I trained at the RYU karate school at the top of the hill above camp Sukeran (173rd airborne) in 1963 the training was brutal ,you wore vest made of wooden plates, and they kick the squishee brown stuff out of you. you have not lived untill as a 6 grade student a sensei (hanshi)knocks you senseless,fightin was untill the bitter end,none of the polite stuff,they train young Ryukuyu men to kick the butts of loud boisterous american service men.. aksamio,ni san

the jap militery work out a lot with sticks,staffs ,,easy to see the man with spear will make you a believer.
Chuck Norris would be gored at the end of spear,only lightning quick men like ryukuian Shimabuku(greatest of the great) might defeat the train man with spear,the movies are staged fights
I have a pristine copy of Secretes of the Samurai for loan in Orlando area this book is lavishly illustrated ,but not easy reading,unless you are a Martial arts nut,it must be read twice.this book is for those who revere Martial arts

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 05-21-2011).]

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Mine would be a whip.

Fail ....

But, here is the stipulation. No projectiles ...

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2011 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
It is the resolve & attitude of the man that KILL.S
strike first ,strike often

NOW LISTEN UP SQUEEKS,to the old range instructor ,sight alignment gets the Hits,if you have sight alignment you will get a hit & possible kill,,sight alignment is more important than all else
I chose to be the snap in grass instructor,no glory but the basis of the Marine rifle instruction course ,ex marines will know what I speak of

SIGHT ALIGNMENT SQUEEKS
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

How is a whip a projectile? Yes, it is projected in space but never leaves your hand. Whips are considered a melee weapon by all definition. A projectile is a range weapon.

So sorry, you failed!

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 05-21-2011).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
You dont have to sharpen the thing, it will kill someone with one swift hit, it can be thrown at high speed, they are not illegal and are cheap.
I know it cant be a projectile but im just saying what it can be used for.

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 05-21-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

The best hand to hand weapon is one thats not seen. A 3 inch blade is more than enough to kill someone. Tucked neatly behind your wrist until they let you close enough to use it.

Yep. It works quite well in prison and some blades are made of melted down plastic. Prison is perhaps the only place were the situation might be equal and you have to fight to the end. Outside prison who knows what the opponent is caring.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
A claw hammer??? That's what ya got??
Anything you have to draw your hand and forearm back to get a forceful momentum forward leaves you and your soft underbelly exposed.

And good claw hammers ain't inexpensive either.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-21-2011).]

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I carry my "work knife" everywhere I won't get searched... got it cheap and it does everything I need a knife to do during the day. You can flick it open quick and it doesn't stand out clipped inside your pocket. The non-reflective matte black coating helps this.

needs to be sharpened again, though.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I carry my "work knife" everywhere I won't get searched... got it cheap and it does everything I need a knife to do during the day. You can flick it open quick and it doesn't stand out clipped inside your pocket. The non-reflective matte black coating helps this.

needs to be sharpened again, though.

I like it.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

If I can only choose one, I'll take a sword. Preferably a Katana. It's the one I'm most comfortable with. It's a good compromise between size and speed.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

I like it.

Thankya - I have to be careful where I go with it, the blade isn't 100% legal in this city . My other favourite blade is a bit bigger...

(Not mine - my machete is shiny, polished, and f'n sharp. I chipped the knuckle on my right thumb cleaning it up one day. That hurt )
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Either

or

Both are light, easily concealable, quick to use, and absolutely devastating. Sure a shovel, axe, tomahawk, a good sword, other long tool would work better. But I can carry either one almost everywhere. And I usually do when I can't carry a handgun Oh yeah, I can also shave or get some ice, too
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
If my enemy gets close enough for hand to hand, I'm in trouble. Not as fast as I used to be and not nearly as tough as I once thought I was.

I think I'll chose to kill the SOB before he or she gets close enough to inflict any damage on me. (I'm still a damn good shot.)

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-22-2011).]

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
A hatchet.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'll go grab a pic of it.. its a garden tool but it is menacing looking.

I dont know what its called but if someone were comming at me with this.. i would sh*t myself

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 05-21-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Give me what's in the box.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
"Some folks call it a sling blade."
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I'll go grab a pic of it.. its a garden tool but it is menacing looking.

I dont know what its called but if someone were comming at me with this.. i would sh*t myself

That's a trench knife. Not really a knife of course, more of a digging implement. It's used to straighten up and clean up the sides of a trench so the sides are perfectly vertical and smooth, as well as cutting any roots left sticking out the sides of the trench by a backhoe. I have one, and it's heavy and unweildy, becase all the mass of the tool end is on one side of the handle. This, as a weapon, has the same disadvantage as a baseball bat. All you have to do, is as soon as someone begins to swing it back, is to quickly lunge forward and get inside the radius of the power swing. It, like a bat is useless in closeup confrontations. The inertia of the swing makes it a must, to make contact with the first swing. Odds are, you won't get a second one. A man, even with just average reflexes and speed, equipped with just a small blade, will step inside and gut you before you know what happened.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-21-2011).]

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Two sticks. This length, or shorter.

You'd be surprised at how much damage you can do with these. (Kali)

The rest are all 'binned'
My favorite 'fun' weapon:

Strap on two of these, and go at it - tree, refrigerator box, anything. Soooooo much fun!
Not at ALL practical (wish they were retractable), but FUN!!!!

and I enjoy toyin' around w/ these from time to time:

Also LOOVE these guys (you need to wear padded gloves or they absolutly KILL your hands...!)

I have some fun swords too...
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

FieroRumor

35007 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Not sure if you saw this, but It's the best "keyboard" scene in my book...

Love what they did w/ the letters... Ha!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Two sticks. This length, or shorter.

You'd be surprised at how much damage you can do with these. (Kali)

Even on max zoom, they're only about 3 inches long. I have toothpicks longer than that.

ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
a legal sized pocket knife i keep sharpened

I also practice the "ancient" way of muay thai, which basically requieres the mastery of some kind of blade or pole object, im not gonna carry around a lead pipe so I just "become" one with my little bad ass blade.

I dont beleive in carrying guns around only for home protection
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
Here's my collection. Take your pick. I've added a couple since that pic was taken a few weeks ago.

------------------
TRSX

The Zombiero - "Thrice resurrected"

1985 GT, 4 Speed Muncie, 3.4PR V6, 15" Lace GT wheels, Power everything, sunroof, Red with gray effects. Driven and enjoyed daily.

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

Enough said.

[This message has been edited by Gridlock (edited 05-21-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock