Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Your hand-to-hand combat weapon of choice (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Your hand-to-hand combat weapon of choice by Wichita
Started on: 05-21-2011 04:01 PM
Replies: 86
Last post by: Taijiguy on 05-23-2011 01:04 PM
ShadowHawk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
^In florida you cannot walk around with any of those knives from the look of it, not legally at least
IP: Logged
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShadowHawk:

^In florida you cannot walk around with any of those knives from the look of it, not legally at least

I actually often carry the small one in the middle of the top row, (wood handle, brass endcap, leather sheath) as it is quite easily accessed where I tuck it, and it has a 3" blade. Let's face it though, it's virtually impossible to carry ANY real weapon. After people have been getting robbed on the street only a block away from me though, I'm willing to compromise that when I feel it's necessary. Once I move to a better neighborhood soon, the blades will be retired.

------------------
TRSX

The Zombiero - "Thrice resurrected"

1985 GT, 4 Speed Muncie, 3.4PR V6, 15" Lace GT wheels, Power everything, sunroof, Red with gray effects. Driven and enjoyed daily.

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Definitely not the Bat'leth anyhow...
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Not sure if you saw this, but It's the best "keyboard" scene in my book...

Love what they did w/ the letters... Ha!

Hah... oh **** , what movie is that?

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

22739 posts
Member since Aug 2002

Yeah, when I used to snorkle the reefs, I had a divers knife to protect me in case I was attacked. It was sheathed at all times because any glint / reflection of metal would attract baracuddas... but the tip of the knife was dull... it was only good for cutting rope and such... you couldn't have a point. Everyone always sharpened it down of course so you had a sharp piercing blunt end.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

"Wanted"?
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Wanted--It's a really cool movie for what it is... but don't expect too much except unrealistic fighting scenes. Definitely worth watching though.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Read the title... Wanted
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Ok i guess i'm the odd ball here. All of these i'm very proficient using. But here is my list in order of choice....

#1. Hand to hand -
#2. Kusarigama- long range, tangling, deadly short range. Extreme destruction when used correctly.
#3. nunchucks - Preferable long chain lead centered oak
#4. Katana - when all else fails, go back to the basics.

Just because i like them so much... here an example picture.
Kusarigama
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
I'll take what Vader uses 29ish seconds in.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Wanted--It's a really cool movie for what it is... but don't expect too much except unrealistic fighting scenes. Definitely worth watching though.

I agree 100%, I really enjoyed it, but I sure as heck didn't go in thinking it was gonna be anything other then it was!!!!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I saw you posted and--and I don't know why, but--I thought you were going to post this:

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9688 posts
Member since May 2010

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

#2. Kusarigama- long range, tangling, deadly short range. Extreme destruction when used correctly.

Kusarigama

I tried looking for that online but didn't know the name! Cool!

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

All of these i'm very proficient using

Can I ask why you cared enough to learn so many weapons, when you will more than likely never need to use any of them in your lifetime in a real situation?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I saw you posted and--and I don't know why, but--I thought you were going to post this:

That's not for hand-to-hand.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-21-2011).]

joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
only sissies use weapons.....

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Found another one...

pic taken next to my old Blackberry 9530 for size reference.
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2011 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
^^^ Looks just like mine, legal too
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Can I ask why you cared enough to learn so many weapons, when you will more than likely never need to use any of them in your lifetime in a real situation?

It was mostly for weapon form. Advanced weapon form Kata's for competition. I took it one step further and learned to not just show off but use them functionally. Still working on the 3-section staff. not easy at all. bulky and slow. Useless knowledge unless somebody breaks into my house.

Sadly as a kid i did use the nunchaku once. Long story short, use to keep them in the front of the fiero. Guy had a knife at a party while threatening a friend and i had time to grab em. Once the knife was no longer in the equation i tossed em and went for #1. Personally i would prefer to use my hands but I'm not an idiot. Somebody has a weapon then you should too. Granted, the kid was a moron and i could have probably disarmed him with my hands but why try and risk getting hurt? Still feel bad about destroying his hand and shoulder. not fond memories.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2011 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
My fists. Seriously, I can hit frickin' HARD. I practice, and I believe that I can hit nearly anyone 3 times before they can hit me once. Not everyone, but a greater percentage than I worry about. And my arms are longer than I am tall. I would hit you, take your knife, bat, etc., and use that against you.

So not BSing, but I have been against a bat more than once, and have knocked a loaded weapon to the ground being pointed at me faster than the turd knew. I have taken my share of bumps and bruises, and really think of situations as they occur. Time slows down. Things become clearer.

But, if I had a choice, I would take a 6' staff. It is not the beating by the staff that I would use, it is the poking with the end in the throat, groin, knee, that would be my strike points. Imagine being struck in the orbital lobe by a staff. It would be like unloading projectiles on a guy.

Tony
PFF
System Bot
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
My choice....Jedi Light Saber.

Mini_moosee

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mini_mooseeSend a Private Message to Mini_mooseeDirect Link to This Post
I would have to go with the Cricket Bat
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Thin tight fitting leather gloves so I don’t cut my hands when I hit someone.

And if that fails

My trusty boot knife.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

You dont have to sharpen the thing, it will kill someone with one swift hit, it can be thrown at high speed, they are not illegal and are cheap.
I know it cant be a projectile but im just saying what it can be used for.

Interesting choice, not what I'd choose but.............
Way back while in college, I worked construction. Watched two guys go at each other with crowbars (large nail pullers), the result was not a pretty picture. Neither was too bright, they didn't use them well but, they can be a weapon of mass destruction.

------------------
Ron

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshh44:

only sissies use weapons.....

And the lesson here is to be well armed in case you ever have to fight a sissy.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Last time I had to use one, it was an antique wire rug beater shaped like a heart. *hhhhhssssssssTHWACK*
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Interesting choice, not what I'd choose but.............
Way back while in college, I worked construction. Watched two guys go at each other with crowbars (large nail pullers), the result was not a pretty picture. Neither was too bright, they didn't use them well but, they can be a weapon of mass destruction.

Did one of them look like this guy?

Oh wait, you said they didn't know how to use them. Never mind.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Did one of them look like this guy?

Oh wait, you said they didn't know how to use them. Never mind.

Actually, I said they weren' too bright. Started off as play then one guy actually made contact and the fight was on. Thankfully, they didn't turn the curved end inward or use it as a spear or it could have been real nasty, not to mention down right deadly. Ended up with both going to the hospital. One had a broken arm/wrist or hand (can't remember), the other busted ribs and several severe knots on his noggin. Blood was a plenty but, no punctures. Regardless, a crow bar ain't a bad weapon in close quarters.

------------------
Ron

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
I used an entrenching tool against a much bigger soldier when I was in the Army and a tire tool against a guy with a knife who jumped into my pickup in Houston at a stoplight. My first choice (a hatchet) was based on a former Marine Recon guy who told me he used it very effectively in Korea. My personal best choice is identical to Boonie's.
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:

Enough said.

o yeah i have one up on my wall, its a heavy sob too...
i changed your image to something a little smaller lol
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I have one of these on my bookshelf:

It's a World War 2 Bayonet, it belonged to my grandfather. It says "Remington Arms Company" on the recessed portion of the blade...

I don't collect knives or guns or anything, but I kept this because it has sentimental value to me.

I do also have a massive machete in my garage for splitting coconuts that I bought from Harbor Freight for $4.99... heh.

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Uchigatana
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
the machete is the BEST all around survival weapon,if you have only one tool,because it is a sword & has so many other uses,I have used mine as a shovel
because of events happening in the world every one should have a machete or something that is similar
the Machete is not a good knife but will work in place of one
the auestralians turn me onto the Machete as the best all round survival tool
same^^^^ as australian
I made my own machete with a thicker stainless blade to drive tent stakes & use as hammer,a photo of it is on countash25 post...I cut the steel and reveted the hardwood handle on to the blade
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita: If you had to choose a hand combat weapon, such as a sword, nunchaku, spiked mace club, battle axe and etc. Which would you choose?

I am most skilled in unarmed combat. I have a few years' worth of hand-to-hand combat training, in various disciplines.

I would prefer to fight against someone with a big heavy melee weapon, or any weapon that needs you to rear back before swinging (like the aforementioned hammer). That's because when you rear back, it gives me the perfect opportunity to rush in and attack. I can have you on the ground before you finish your swing.

My most feared opponent is someone with a small knife. The knife is easy to conceal, and quick/easy to maneuver. Defending against someone wielding a small knife takes a lot of concentration, and VERY good timing. Otherwise, you will bleed... a lot.

That said, any melee weapon can be deadly if wielded by a skilled practitioner. The key part is the skill. And that takes practice. Don't fool yourself into thinking your fighting skills will "rise to the occasion", like some cheesy movie. If you have little to no training, you will be next to useless when the crap hits the fan.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 05-22-2011).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I am most skilled in unarmed combat. I have a few years' worth of hand-to-hand combat training, in various disciplines.

I would prefer to fight against someone with a big heavy melee weapon, or any weapon that needs you to rear back before swinging (like the aforementioned hammer). That's because when you rear back, it gives me the perfect opportunity to rush in and attack. I can have you on the ground before you finish your swing.

My most feared opponent is someone with a small knife. The knife is easy to conceal, and quick/easy to maneuver. Defending against someone wielding a small knife takes a lot of concentration, and VERY good timing. Otherwise, you will bleed... a lot.

That said, any melee weapon can be deadly if wielded by a skilled practitioner. The key part is the skill. And that takes practice. Don't fool yourself into thinking your fighting skills will "rise to the occasion", like some cheesy movie. If you have little to no training, you will be next to useless when the crap hits the fan.

Yup. And the first thing you have to realize in a knife fight is you WILL be cut. If you go into a knife fight trying to avoid getting cut, you're going to lose.
That's one thing I like about smaller swords like a Katana. You don't have to get a big overhead swing to do damage, and if you know how to handle one you can attack on the upswing as well as the downswing.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
The scary thing about a knife fight is that you may not even know you're in a knife fight until too late.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Full-tang katana.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Based on recent events just a short distance from me, (1/2 mile) I have to agree with the small knife theory. A guy I know had a disagrement with his mother in law's boyfriend. After exchanging blows, the guy I know went back to his house and brought a baseball bat back and started swinging. The MIL's boyfriend whipped out a 3.5 inch knife and cut him to ribbons. The end result was, the guy I knew bled to death. Wasn't a pretty situation. So, yeah, I understand where you're coming from.

------------------
Ron

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
GRASSHOPPER,S as the way of the Warrior has disapeared into my huge senile gut and crippled laird azz,my most deadly unarmed combat weapon next to my venomous mouth,,is a deadly power blast from my poisonous anal trac,opening my amplitudinous buttocks,, if i can expel enough noxious gas rapidly ,the burrito odor will fell you quickly,gasping for air as I scoot away to taco bell for a 2 cheezy burito order

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 05-22-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock