Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  A PSA about wheels and why they are not "rims" (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
A PSA about wheels and why they are not "rims" by 87antuzzi
Started on: 05-20-2011 01:30 PM
Replies: 57
Last post by: Raydar on 01-02-2012 11:20 AM
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know that actually...
IP: Logged
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Well it *could* also be a delicious drink mix, made from the dehydrated fruit of the Poonberry tree, but I'm sticking with the first definition for now..

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gecko:

Poontang drink mix

Does it require yeast?
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

None of that helped clarify anything, because my brain is a pile of mush.

Thanks for trying, though!

Don't let the geriatric zombies know you have mushy brains.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Along the same lines:

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 05-21-2011).]

Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

Along the same lines:

THANK YOU! Thats one of my pet peeves too!
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

Along the same lines:

One of these babies gives a whole new meaning to "reading your magazine". (notice the see-through window in the side) Just don't try reading one of those in a hospital waiting room.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

One of these babies gives a whole new meaning to "reading your magazine". (notice the see-through window in the side) Just don't try reading one of those in a hospital waiting room.

True story:

During my buddy's year and a half in Iraq his unit was not getting properly supplied with magazines for their M4s. He asked his wife to send him some, but warned her she needed to be clever on the custom forms as he was told the Army would confiscating any personal magazines sent through the mail. She bought some nice mags, and packaged them up with a bunch of softcover books she knew my buddy would like. On the customs form she declared it all as "Books and Magazines" - (entirely the truth) and everything made it to him safe and sound.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Been noticing the word "rim" coming up on the forum again....So a bump to inform them.....
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

agggggg can we please stop this? Rim is slag/ghetto/hood for wheel....... the bigger your rims the more hood status you got and the more ho's you pull... there

Why would you pull ho's. Isnt a rake easier...? Either way you can only work with one at a time.

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
I need some motor mounts for my engine.
PFF
System Bot
ThatFieroKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatFieroKidSend a Private Message to ThatFieroKidDirect Link to This Post
This thread just made my day. Thanks for the laughs!
MordacP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MordacPSend a Private Message to MordacPDirect Link to This Post
Google can help us figure these things out.

"define engine" gives - A machine with moving parts that converts power into motion

"define motor" gives - Something, such as a machine or an engine, that produces or imparts motion

According to the dictionary, they're pretty much interchangeable. I always thought a motor was anything that produced torque. A motor can run on electricity (electric motor) or it can run on gasoline (gas motor). I like my way better mr. dictionary.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MordacP:

Google can help us figure these things out.

"define engine" gives - A machine with moving parts that converts power into motion

"define motor" gives - Something, such as a machine or an engine, that produces or imparts motion

According to the dictionary, they're pretty much interchangeable. I always thought a motor was anything that produced torque. A motor can run on electricity (electric motor) or it can run on gasoline (gas motor). I like my way better mr. dictionary.

yup, technically motor is acceptable. All those people bitching about are actually wrong.

motor boat
motor sports
motor way
department of motor vehicles
the list goes on

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
BUMP. This needs to be seen by a few people here....
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Maybe its because I am a Western Canucnk that happen to grow up in a tiny town in the USA in Aurora Oregon with a pop of 350 people, but we just called them wheels.

When I moved back to Canada I just called them new wheels. Never "rims" Only times it got referred to a rim is when you hit a pot hole and you dinged the rim. Otherwise its a wheel or a set of wheels. Hey maybe that's my problems I am looking in the new fangled books for 3 spoke wheel,s and I should be looking for 3 spoke rims LOL.

WHEELS GAWD DAMN IT, THEY ARE WHEELS. on my CAR, IF I JUST HAD RIMS I WOLD BE SITTING ON THE GROUND.
------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 01-02-2012).]

turbotoad

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post
I always refered to rim as the outer part of the wheel (where the tire bead sits).

Motor...engine......well, they are pretty interchangable but when I hear "motor" I generally think of "long block" type thing. the actual parts that put the power to the trans. When I hear "engine" I think of the entire fully dressed component (including electrical, air intake, manifold, exhaust headers, etc) as it sits in the car.

Wait, engine? Isn't that the first car of a train?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

BUMP. This needs to be seen by a few people here....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock